Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 (38760 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by mariam99ng: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
I was at your office recently for an F1 visa Interview with a valid B2 visa at the time of my interview which was used to travel to the state for my second childbirth delivery. I have used my visa for the purpose it was intended for and I paid all medical bills to the last cent with all evidence of payment intact and provided to the interviewing officer at the time of my interview. I have traveled to the United State of America trice, all on Medical ground and I have not in anyway violated the immigration law. All medical bills are fully paid before departing the state, so I do not understand what the re-occurrent cancellation of my visas before expiry mean't because I think if I am found ineligible for my current visa class application, that should not be an automatic cancellation of my existing visa that has been properly used. I was at your office sometimes ago in 2017 to complained about my visa cancellation for unknown reason and recently my second visa was cancelled which I also do not know the reason behind the cancellation. I used my first B2 visa class for my first childbirth delivery in August 2015 and paid all my bills then returned back to Nigeria, I also traveled in January, 2016 for my baby follow up medical appointment which I equally paid all bills with all payment receipt intact. I scanned and sent all payment receipt via email to Lagos Consulate Office on request and a new B2 visa was issued on 02/23/2018 which was used for my second childbirth delivery in 2017 and I also paid my medical bills in full with all evidence of payment. I have spent nothing less than $40,000 into the U.S system on all my trips, and I never overstay my welcome nor violated any immigration law on any of the trip made so far. I appeared for an F1 visa interview and I was refused but to my surprise my existing visa that is still valid through February, 2019 was cancelled as well. I think my case has not been properly looked into and I need a proper investigation in order to continue maintaining my credibility in my future visa applications whether to the USA embassy or any other country embassy I am interested in.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by member1234: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello LagosNIV,

I am about to renew my B1/B2 visa via interview waiver. My family (wife & 3 kids) have never been to the US and would like to apply for visas as well.

Should I bypass the interview waiver, get a scheduled interview for all 5 of us and show up for that? Or is there a way to include their application in my interview waiver submission?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Nobody,

Your children will need to appear for an interview. You or your husband should plan to accompany the children.

Hello, LAGOSNIV/ABUJANIV

My husband has a valid visa. I have a valid visa. We have three children all under 10. We want to get a visa for each of them so we can have a family vacation. Do my children need to go for interview? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello member1234,

Your family will need to interview for their own visas. You may renew yours via interview waiver or in person alongside your family. The choice is yours.

member1234:
Hello LagosNIV,

I am about to renew my B1/B2 visa via interview waiver. My family (wife & 3 kids) have never been to the US and would like to apply for visas as well.

Should I bypass the interview waiver, get a scheduled interview for all 5 of us and show up for that? Or is there a way to include their application in my interview waiver submission?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Your wife's surname will not affect her adjudication.

ujafam:
I really need an urgent answer on this, My name is Maxwell Ekene Obi in which my Surname is "Obi" I married my wife and she preferred to join Ekene and Obi as her own surname as Chinenye Angel Ekeneobi, with an affidavit, claiming she wants a sound of my name in hers, I have a valid US visa, is this difference in surname acceptable in US consular Abuja, or she should just answer "Obi" directly because I intend applying for a visa for her.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by djfrancis: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello LagosNIV

I know this is not the right section for immigrants visas but there isn't anyone available at the moment and I was hoping you could help as the K1 visa has both immigrant and non immigrant features.

I had my interview on the 8th of November and it was approved but the CEAC website is still showing application received while travel doc is no longer showing any document delivery location. I also tried to track my passport, but it says no status can be found concerning the passport.

What do you think I can do now to know the status of my application. I and my fiancee are very worried over this incident as even though there have been various holidays in between, it has been over 10 business days. My passport number is A Kindly assist. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Mobic2015: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
I want to know if a speeding ticket is regarded as a criminal conviction with regards to DS160?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Dedayo: 6:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Dear LagosNIV

Please what is the process to retrieve one's international passport? I understand there may be a backlog in processing cases and that's fine, I'm happy to withdraw my application. It is almost a month which is a lot of time given the nature of my job? I have an urgent business travel this weekend that cannot be cancelled. I have sent emails to the Lagosniv mailbox without response. I will be grateful if you can please guide me on how to withdraw my application and obtain my passport.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2018
Hello djfrancis,

Please email LagosIV@state.gov with the particulars of your case.

djfrancis:
Hello LagosNIV

I know this is not the right section for immigrants visas but there isn't anyone available at the moment and I was hoping you could help as the K1 visa has both immigrant and non immigrant features.

I had my interview on the 8th of November and it was approved but the CEAC website is still showing application received while travel doc is no longer showing any document delivery location. I also tried to track my passport, but it says no status can be found concerning the passport.

What do you think I can do now to know the status of my application. I and my fiancee are very worried over this incident as even though there have been various holidays in between, it has been over 10 business days. My passport number is A09213044. Kindly assist. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2018
Hello Mobic2015,

If you have already spoken to an attorney, as your previous post indicated, we would advise you to follow their advice. We cannot comment on specific cases or applications in this forum.

As a rule of thumb, it is better to disclose any information that might be relevant to your visa adjudication than to wait for the consular officer or CBP to discover it on their own.

Mobic2015:
I want to know if a speeding ticket is regarded as a criminal conviction with regards to DS160?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Dedayo: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
Dear LagosNIV,

Please assist with my request below. I have sent two emails to the LagosNIV mailbox between Monday and today and I am yet to receive a response. I know it is possible with other Consulates to collect one's passport if there is a travel need whilst processing of the application continues. I have read that a B1/B2 application cannot be withdrawn,I am not sure how true this is but I sincerely do not mind withdrawing my application at this stage. I just urgently need my passport and will be grateful if email requests are at least attended to.

Surely, there must be a process to collect my international passport. I am sincerely losing my mind.

Dedayo:
Dear LagosNIV

Please what is the process to retrieve one's international passport? I understand there may be a backlog in processing cases and that's fine, I'm happy to withdraw my application. It is almost a month which is a lot of time given the nature of my job? I have an urgent business travel this weekend that cannot be cancelled. I have sent emails to the Lagosniv mailbox without response. I will be grateful if you can please guide me on how to withdraw my application and obtain my passport.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Bunmip: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
I was able to fill a new ds160 yesterday morning because i made a mistake on the old one. For the school address, I used the address of my school admission office instead of the school official address, this was the reason why i had to fill a new ds160.

I downloaded the ds160 confirmation pdf form, The barcode is not on the form but its showing online. I also dont know why this is so.

Someone posted on nairaland that the barcode on the Ds160 must match the barcode on scheduling appointment form. The application Id on the ds160 is the same with the one on the scheduling appointment page but dont know if the barcode matches.

I sent email to support@usatraveldocs.com but i haven't heard from them. i think i need to confirm this quickly before my interview.

Please help.
LagosNIV.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by AARasheed: 5:50am On Nov 29, 2018
Hello,

I am an F1 Visa applicant and had my interview at the Abuja embassy on the 27th of November, 2017. Having satisfactorily convinced the Interviewing officer that I am a genuine student who has no intentions of staying past my student duration at the United States of America and also of my strong home ties to Nigeria, she approved my Visa pending a verification of my Sponsor's financial document. She mentioned that if they were found to be fraudulent, I would be banned from applying or entering the USA for 10 years. I agreed to submit the document because i was 100% sure that the document was genuine. The interviewing officer gave me 2 white papers, congratulating me and providing me with information on picking up my passport.

Imagine my surprise when i checked my visa application status and found out that it stated 'Refused' on the 28th of November, 2018. More painful is that i mailed the embassy through support@ustraveldocs.com asking for a reason why my status says refused and i was replied with the generic statement given to applicants who were refused at the point of interview.

I have absolutely no problem being denied the visa but the level of unprofessionalism showed was overwhelming. Later in the day, i found out that 2 other applicants who are members of the F1 US Visa thread here on Nairaland were initially approved at the Abuja Embassy had also been refused, with no specific reason. This people would have shared the good news of their approval with family and friends earlier and now would be faced with breaking this terrible act to them.

I was told that my visa would be approved pending a verification of my financial document. I still hold on to the faith that this is merely a system error and it would be rectified. I also hope that the document verification would be followed through with no sense of bias. This is my second time of paying the Visa Fee and i would like to understand the reason for my subsequent denial.

Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I would not be providing details of my Passport Number, Application ID or my interview process.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hello Dedayo,

Please call 1-460-3400 and ask to speak to someone in the non-immigrant visa unit.

Dedayo:
Dear LagosNIV,

Please assist with my request below. I have sent two emails to the LagosNIV mailbox between Monday and today and I am yet to receive a response. I know it is possible with other Consulates to collect one's passport if there is a travel need whilst processing of the application continues. I have read that a B1/B2 application cannot be withdrawn,I am not sure how true this is but I sincerely do not mind withdrawing my application at this stage. I just urgently need my passport and will be grateful if email requests are at least attended to.

Surely, there must be a process to collect my international passport. I am sincerely losing my mind.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Dedayo: 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
Thank you LagosNIV. I finally received an email saying my passport will be forwarded to DHL today. Calling was unproductive though as the three individuals I spoke with today told me they could not route my call to the NIV unit.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Dedayo: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2018
@djfrancis please modify your post to exclude your passport number.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Abiseundun: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hello please I would like to know what happened eventually, I'm in the same shoes. Thank you

I am an F1 Visa applicant and had my interview at the Abuja embassy on the 27th of November, 2017. Having satisfactorily convinced the Interviewing officer that I am a genuine student who has no intentions of staying past my student duration at the United States of America and also of my strong home ties to Nigeria, she approved my Visa pending a verification of my Sponsor's financial document. She mentioned that if they were found to be fraudulent, I would be banned from applying or entering the USA for 10 years. I agreed to submit the document because i was 100% sure that the document was genuine. The interviewing officer gave me 2 white papers, congratulating me and providing me with information on picking up my passport.

Imagine my surprise when i checked my visa application status and found out that it stated 'Refused' on the 28th of November, 2018. More painful is that i mailed the embassy through support@ustraveldocs.com asking for a reason why my status says refused and i was replied with the generic statement given to applicants who were refused at the point of interview.

I have absolutely no problem being denied the visa but the level of unprofessionalism showed was overwhelming. Later in the day, i found out that 2 other applicants who are members of the F1 US Visa thread here on Nairaland were initially approved at the Abuja Embassy had also been refused, with no specific reason. This people would have shared the good news of their approval with family and friends earlier and now would be faced with breaking this terrible act to them.

I was told that my visa would be approved pending a verification of my financial document. I still hold on to the faith that this is merely a system error and it would be rectified. I also hope that the document verification would be followed through with no sense of bias. This is my second time of paying the Visa Fee and i would like to understand the reason for my subsequent denial.

Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I would not be providing details of my Passport Number, Application ID or my interview process. [/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hello Abiseundun,

We do not comment on individual cases.

Abiseundun:
Hello please I would like to know what happened eventually, I'm in the same shoes. Thank you

Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I would not be providing details of my Passport Number, Application ID or my interview process.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by talk2dekky(f): 12:53am On Dec 07, 2018
Dear LagosNIV,

Please I need clarity on the type of visa to apply for. I got into the Atlantic Fellowship at George Washington University, it is a fully funded non-residential fellowship program with two weeks initial convening in the school in January. Should I apply for a J1 Visa?

Thanks
Adekemi
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by opomulero(m): 10:54am On Dec 07, 2018
Dear @Lagosniv,

Please how or where can i verify if a visa is still valid or revoked.

the visa has been used once and it will expire in march 2019

So that i will know if to buy ticket for december vacation or not?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
Hello opomulero,

Please check your email. If your visa has been revoked, you would have received an email from LagosNIV@state.gov. If you have any other concerns, please email LagosNIV@state.gov with the specifics of your case.

opomulero:

Dear @Lagosniv,

Please how or where can i verify if a visa is still valid or revoked.

the visa has been used once and it will expire in march 2019

So that i will know if to buy ticket for december vacation or not?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Hello talk2dekky,

We cannot comment on specific cases or give individual advice. Please visit the following website to help you determine which visa class would be best for you: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html

talk2dekky:
Dear LagosNIV,

Please I need clarity on the type of visa to apply for. I got into the Atlantic Fellowship at George Washington University, it is a fully funded non-residential fellowship program with two weeks initial convening in the school in January. Should I apply for a J1 Visa?

Thanks
Adekemi
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by justmejustme: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
good afternoon , I have a girlfriend who is a USA citizen, and I will like to visit her.
questions:
1, what are the procedures to take?
2, what are needed for smooth approval and travel?
thanks.
note: I tried looking up for past answers on here but couldn't get any.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by YoungIncredible: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello lagosniv,

I appeared for an F1 interview at Abuja Embassy on November 29 which went smoothly. But the consular placed me on Administrative processing and gave me a pink paper to submit my recent bank statement along with my passport to GSS collection center in Abuja which I did last week Monday 3rd of December.

On the pink paper, it was stated that in general case, visa will be issued within 2 weeks after dropping the requested documents. But my case haven't been updated since November 29th that I had the interview. Please I will like to ask.

1. How long does a case like mine takes for status to change from AP to issued?

2. Since my case haven't been updated since my interview date, could it be possible that GSS center haven't delivered my package to the embassy or they have misplaced it?.

3. How can I contact Abuja embassy to enquire about the status of my case/application?. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by slim05: 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello LagosNIV,

I did a visa application with the hope of going to the US for Christmas 2018 but my interview date is March 2019, as i couldn't get an earlier date to make is for Christmas.

I will like to know how i can edit the already submitted DS 160 application form such that the application would now be for my son and I,
I intend to go to the US for summer 2019 with him.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello YoungIncredible,

We cannot comment on individual cases. Please contact the Abuja Consular Section at ConsularAbuja@state.gov with the specifics of your case.

YoungIncredible:
Hello lagosniv,

I appeared for an F1 interview at Abuja Embassy on November 29 which went smoothly. But the consular placed me on Administrative processing and gave me a pink paper to submit my recent bank statement along with my passport to GSS collection center in Abuja which I did last week Monday 3rd of December.

On the pink paper, it was stated that in general case, visa will be issued within 2 weeks after dropping the requested documents. But my case haven't been updated since November 29th that I had the interview. Please I will like to ask.

1. How long does a case like mine takes for status to change from AP to issued?

2. Since my case haven't been updated since my interview date, could it be possible that GSS center haven't delivered my package to the embassy or they have misplaced it?.

3. How can I contact Abuja embassy to enquire about the status of my case/application?. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello justmejustme,

Please click the following link for more information: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html. You may also find it useful to explore our website at https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/. The NIV (nonimmigrant visa) FAQs website is also helpful: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp.

justmejustme:
good afternoon , I have a girlfriend who is a USA citizen, and I will like to visit her.
questions:
1, what are the procedures to take?
2, what are needed for smooth approval and travel?
thanks.
note: I tried looking up for past answers on here but couldn't get any.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by adomaaaseda: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2018
Dear LagosNIV,

Kindly assist with the process of retrieving my international passport. I submitted via drop box a month ago and i am yet to receive my passport. I sent a mail to lagosniv@state.gov and i haven't received any response. I urgently need to travel with my international passport due to a family emergency and i would like my passport back as soon as possible..

I would appreciate your assistance on what needs to be done.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Spring2019: 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello LagosNIV
There has been a rumor flying around on the USA student visa thread that applying to a community College is a huge red flag and can lead to outright denial. I understand that for someone with an equivalent degree here(HND) or Bsc, it's not a progression if such person wants to go earn an associates degree again but what about young students that have just high school certificate? Can they get a visa approval to get associates degree if they defend their reasons? Or is it also an outright refusal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by tqoservices: 9:30am On Dec 12, 2018
Dear @Lagosniv

on my return from the U.S in October, i got an email that my visa was no longer valid and would required to come back for an interview.

Kindly advise how to know if/how long i have been banned for as the visa was REVOKED.

Do i need an immigration consultant to interpret the letter i was given?

I just need a number or email address i can contact to know my eligibility / status.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hello adomaaaseda,

Apologies for the delay. Please contact our switchboard at 01-460-3400 and ask to be directed to the visa correspondence unit. Please note that the section's hours are from 07:00-15:30.

adomaaaseda:
Dear LagosNIV,

Kindly assist with the process of retrieving my international passport. I submitted via drop box a month ago and i am yet to receive my passport. I sent a mail to lagosniv@state.gov and i haven't received any response. I urgently need to travel with my international passport due to a family emergency and i would like my passport back as soon as possible..

I would appreciate your assistance on what needs to be done.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Checkout 21 Awkward Looking Motorbikes Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / A Nairalander visit to Mandela's house in Soweto SA(pictures) / Abuja Photographer Thanks God For Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 3 Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.