Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London (1511 Views)

Ruga Settlement: Kano Government Unveils N36 Billion Project / Federal Government Unveils Its Sexual Offenders Register / Breaking News: FG Suspends National Carrier, Nigeria Air Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by goldcoinhub: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Just some few moments ago, the Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika unveiled the name of Nigeria’s national carrier - Nigeria Air, as well as the logo of the brand at an event at the Farnborough International Airshow in London.

During the unveiling, the minister said the national carrier will be private-sector driven and the purpose will be to make profit and there will be no governmental interference in the running of the business

This will be a National Carrier that is Private sector-led and driven. It is a business, not a social service. Government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it. The investors will have full responsibility for this. The Nigerian Government will not own more than 5% (maximum) of the new National Carrier. Government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it,” he said

He added that government is in talks with aircraft providers such as Boeing and Airbus and they will be responsible for the delivery of the aircraft for Air Nigeria:

“We’ve been talking to Airbus and Boeing (and they’re present at this event) regarding the aircraft for and we will be making announcements very soon. We are currently negotiating.”

https://lailasnews.com/nigeria-air-federal-government-unveils-new-national-carrier/

lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by chukxie(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
That's what we're talking about! Let's go there! I'll definitely be flying our national carrier when it gets in the air. Let's grow our economy.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by thundafire: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
Una leave Nigeria go launch carrier in London wen will I c London launching same in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Horus(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfyarY5P0I

Nigeria Launches New Airline- Nigeria Air
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Horus(m): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
The Nigerian Government has formally unveiled the new national carrier: Nigeria Air

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
chukxie:
That's what we're talking about! Let's go there! I'll definitely be flying our national carrier when it gets in the air. Let's grow our economy.

When Arik was flying to Gatwick and America how many times did you patronize them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Aribisala Shehu you said the govt will not own any stake in it
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by chukxie(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

When Arik was flying to Gatwick and America how many times did you patronize them

I didn't because I don't reside in the UK or America.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Ndonu101: 6:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
where is the plane?

Another 2019 campaign stunt based on something that is not really there!

Please call us back when you have the plane jare
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Abbeybailey(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

What's so painful to you about your country owning her own airline. You must be an enemy of progress. Get rid of your negativity.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
What's so painful to you about your country owning her own airline. You must be an enemy of progress. Get rid of your negativity.

I have told to to show me your host country's National Airline and you went mum ...I am not being negative but this airline is dead on arrival sir ..I know my country
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Abbeybailey(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

I have told to to show me your host country's National Airline and you went mum ...I am not being negative but this airline is dead on arrival sir ..I know my country
I think your IQ is below par. Comparing US to Nigeria shows how shallow you are. Compare Nigeria to Ghana, Senegal , Cotedivoire and other similar countries in West Africa that have National Airlines that I see regularly in America and Europe. By the way, it's not my host country, it's my country of origin. Once again, you are a shallow minded Nigerian and I feel sorry for your kind.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I think your IQ is below par. Comparing US to Nigeria shows how shallow you are. Compare Nigeria to Ghana, Senegal , Cotedivoire and other similar countries in West Africa that have National Airlines that I see regularly in America and Europe. By the way, it's not my host country, it's my country of origin. Once again, you are a shallow minded Nigerian and I feel sorry for your kind.

My IQ is has been consistently over 130 since I was eight years old so dontvplay yourself sir ...you have deliberately refused to see where I am coming from as regards this white elephant project
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by OreMI22: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Another opportunity to embezzle and claim it all went in a bad airline deal
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by AZeD1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
1) Owning a National Airline is the least of our troubles.
2) What has the government done to ensure that our local airlines don't go under?
3) If the government is not owning the airline, won't it have been smarter to push already existing airlines like Air Peace, Aero and the likes to grow bigger?

PS: The minister says the Government won't own more than 5% of the airline yet its negotiating with Aircraft Manufacturers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by AZeD1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Ghana Airways and Senegal Airways have ceased operations.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Horus(m): 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
The logo of the airline

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Paperwhite(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
Another new dawn! Hope corruption will kill it again? But what now is nationalistic in going to London to launch a National carrier?
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Abbeybailey(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
It's doable unless if you think less of your country.
You can chew and walk at the same time. Anyway, it's your opinion and I think it can help but you guys probably know more about Nigeria than i do.
AZeD1:

1) Owning a National Airline is the least of our troubles.
2) What has the government done to ensure that our local airlines don't go under?
3) If the government is not owning the airline, won't it have been smarter to push already existing airlines like Air Peace, Aero and the likes to grow bigger?

PS: The minister says the Government won't own more than 5% of the airline yet its negotiating with Aircraft Manufacturers?
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by AZeD1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
It's doable unless if you think less of your country.
You can chew and walk at the same time. Anyway, it's your opinion and I think it can help but you guys probably know more about Nigeria than i do.
The government says they are going to only hold 5%(max) of the new airline, which means its basically 95% private led; There's Air peace, Arik (which already flies to New York and Gatwick) and there's Aero that goes or used to go to Ghana(West Africa), don't you think it would have been smarter for the government to see how they can help this airlines grow bigger rather than start from scratch?
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by abescom: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
This should make front page and we need to remember this

In 2004, Virgin Atlantic signed a deal same as #NigeriaAir to float Virgin Nigeria as national carrier. Virgin acquired 49%, Nigeria 51%. It collapsed.

“We fought daily battles against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us,” Virgin boss Richard Branson said.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by abescom: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
thundafire:
Una leave Nigeria go launch carrier in London wen will I c London launching same in Nigeria
Una sha must complain about something without zero research.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Abbeybailey(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
AZeD1:

The government says they are going to only hold 5%(max) of the new airline, which means its basically 95% private led; There's Air peace, Arik (which already flies to New York and Gatwick) and there's Aero that goes or used to go to Ghana(West Africa), don't you think it would have been smarter for the government to see how they can help this airlines grow bigger rather than start from scratch?
You have a point but Arik is not a good airline because I flew with them from JFK to MMA and I can tell you that it's not a good airline.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by AZeD1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You have a point but Arik is not a good airline because I flew with them from JFK to MMA and I can tell you that it's not a good airline.
I agree Arik is terrible but there's the option of rebranding. This airline business looks more like a political decision rather than a business decision.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Abbeybailey(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
AZeD1:

I agree Arik is terrible but there's the option of rebranding. This airline business looks more like a political decision rather than a business decision.
Hopefully, the government will do the best for the benefit of Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by FarahAideed: 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
Abbeybailey:

Please read
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1019560681950121984.html
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 19, 2018
Nigeria airways unveiled in LONDON?
APC Una dey try ọ.
Naija is still a colony of britain
From Jersey that naija people could not buy
To naija airways that naija people may not even be able to afford.
In conclusion Igbo amaka
Re: Nigeria Air: Federal Government Unveils New National Carrier In London by fyneguy: 12:20am On Jul 19, 2018
iamkeyz:
Nigeria airways unveiled in LONDON?
APC Una dey try ọ.
Naija is still a colony of britain
From Jersey that naija people could not buy
To naija airways that naija people may not even be able to afford.
In conclusion Igbo amaka

Seek knowledge!

Its a private-sector driven initiative. The Minister met with aircraft manufacturers and investors who are in the UK for an event. Hence, he attended the event to market it.

(1) (Reply)

RE: I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra / Tell Me How And Which Magic Will Buhari Perform To Win In 2019 / Breaking!!! Government Declares Friday Work Free Day For Pvc Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.