Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? (10638 Views)

Kennis Music-is This The End? / Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Advin(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2006
Rumour has it that 2face Idibia, is on his way out of kennis music, the very kennis that made him. I hear he is about signing a contract with a foreign based music company.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Seun(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2006
Tell us more about this rumor. It's so interesting!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Manta(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2006
Advinchi you heard from where and what is the foreign based music company?

You have to be sure about what you say
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by layi(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2006
I read the same news on guaradian (entertainment section). I dont think Sir Kenny and D1 are against the move.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by spikelord(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2006
If that rumour happens to be the truth, then he is taking the right step!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by timmy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2006
i dont think kennis music are his managers, i think their more of his marketers.. dey only market him, he has a personal manager and ojb is one of his producers (music)....

and im sure kennis would get a great cut out of the deal you can trust dem on this
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Advin(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2006
I read it from the sun. they said his contract with kennis music would soon be over and that 2 American companies are ready to sign him on. The names of the companies were not given.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Oracle(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2006
well kennis has really helped him
we cant deny that fact
but let his fate lead him
but it still sounds like rumour in my ears
well iv not heard it before so itz a new rumour

Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by casper(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2006
i think it is columba records in america here or soooo ..........i no know ooooo
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by da808cutie(f): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2006
heard Akon signed him to his label as well, don't know how true it is either. all the same, it's for the best.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by gbengaijot(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2006
Well, If he leaves kennis music, thats cool. at least they made their millions advertising him. They have to dispose him off before he enters relegation( no offence tuface- i am a fan of urs). However, i think he is gonna make more waves with a foreign label. dont be surprise to c him featuring with american r and b as well as hip hop artist. Go tuface- we love u

Does anyone knows Kennis music website?.(will be a great shame if they dont av one)
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2006
foreing based music company? ooh wow!!!! that sure is something. He sure is going places. I hope it's not just a rumour too. oh well!  I wish him the very best.
@gbengaijot : we sure do love him. wink
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Oracle(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2006
ocho:

He sure is going places.
that is an understatemant
HE HAS GONE PLACES
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2006
true! really true!!!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by idiotboop(f): 2:31am On Jan 05, 2006
Well if this is true then that's the best move he could have made. I personally think the kennis music ppl are a bunch of clowns. Very good luck to 2face. They did not make 2face, yes their massive expose drive did alot but with the recognision 2face is enjoying kennis i believe can only take him so far, i have been extremely disappointed at the quality of videos and sound they produce. Sorry but kennis and many other record labels are just not doing a good job and i wish ppl wud stop buying into every crap they dish out to us, i find it very offensive the sheer confidence they have that we would buy every badly produced album and piss poor videos just b/cos we want to see our artiste. I am not that desperate to see a nigerian prance around my screen just for the sake of it. When i buy a cd it would have to meet certain standards.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by bedone(m): 3:02am On Jan 05, 2006
tu face, he holds it down. Big ups to him if that is his next step. We don't mind supporting him if he gets a contract in the states.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by PrepaidNG(m): 3:35am On Jan 05, 2006
OK..ok 2 face, 3 face......!!

Why is nobody talking about my main dude
Eedris AbdulKareem - "AKA Nigeria Jagajaga"

Hey, I love this dude's creativity!

www.prepaidnigeria.com - A better way to recharge!

Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by 2nde(m): 3:55am On Jan 05, 2006
Tu- face leaving Kennis Music is a good idea as far as I am concerned. Kennis Music Idea is just an old idea, they are still applying an old way of doing things, even thier videos are just craps. If he can get a nice record label that has all the new and good idea of doing things, i bet you, he will be more popular than this.
For the fact that they are the one that built him doesnt mean he should die there. Afterall, Tu-face is a stuff that everybody loves even before he got deal with kennis music.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by disney(f): 4:28am On Jan 05, 2006
love you tuface. tongue
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 4:52am On Jan 05, 2006
@PrepaidNG :well, is Eedris leaving kenni's music too? if he isn't ,then that's why were're not talking about him.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by bedone(m): 5:11am On Jan 05, 2006
you know what, bettyboop you are right. It is nice that we have different artist springing up however the quality of their production is lacking bad. I know some of my Americans friends who want me to buy them the 2 face idibia cd ( African Queen) americans here are begining to appreciate our african hiphop style; for us to get full acceptance we need quality right now. And you know Naija forever represent if you need backup and support!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by bedone(m): 5:14am On Jan 05, 2006
Oracle who is this guy with bear chest? ...Abeg make e go wear shirt sef, He needs to hit the gym grin angry sad
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by theORAKU(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2006
and sombody said Naija music industry isnt gaining international recognition?
the songbird, Asa got signes to columbia/sony just last year. Another guy i cant remember also got signed to same rec coy.
and now 2face.

Watch out! Grammy, here comes Naija!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by gbengaijot(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2006
yeah, i think eedres is leaving kennis( or as he already left?), i think he now has his own record label called la kream. i aint sure but info dey im website. Anyone knows His website?
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by jermaine(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2006
The sun is one and same all over the globe whether with kennis or not but 2face should not 4get God especially when it has to do with applying wisdom.wish him goodluck
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by luridguy(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2006
if he his truely leaving he better be heading for greener pastures
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by alheri(f): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2006
Well am happy for him. Those guys have used him enough as far as am concerned. Imagine them giving him their second hand navigator and then buying Hummers for themselves. Am not denying they contributed to his career, but He made them too.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by dm(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2006
you guys please stop believing rumours o...he isn't leaving Kennis...na dem dey even help am get the contract with EMI.so it's still a kennis music runs.(UNA HEAR)
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by joftech(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2006
Well am happy for him. Those guys have used him enough as far as am concerned. Imagine them giving him their second hand navigator and then buying Hummers for themselves. Am not denying they contributed to his career, but He made them too.

Am not sure if you guys will share my view on this issue, but i don't think leaving Kennis Music or Nigeria for that matter will really bring out the best in him. Here in Nigeria we know him, we hear what he is saying and also appreciate him but for him to go to jand or yankee i wonder the level of awareness people overthere will have for him.

It's like if  David Beckham will ever have the same recognition with Kobe Bryant in the State.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by whyme: 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2006
why 2face lipsrsealed rolleyes shocked kiss
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by icingbaby(f): 1:44am On Jan 06, 2006
I'm callin' 2face manager and asking him about this.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 2:28am On Jan 06, 2006
@whyme:why not him?
@icing: wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dbanj To Release' Oyato' Single On 14th July / How To Create Lyrics 4 Ur TTpod Mp3 Music Player / Music : D’banj Ft Olamide – Ibadi E (let It Bounce )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.