Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal (29693 Views)

AS Roma Confirm Goalkeeper Alisson £67m Transfer To Liverpool (Read) / #WorldCup: Alisson Becker, Brazil’s Goalkeeper Goes Viral (Photos) / Real Madrid Pulls Out Of Alisson’s Deal, To Go For Thibaut Courtois (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by BenzEne1(m): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2018
BlackManta:

Ter Stegen best gk
I guess you are talking clean sheets.

I dont judge keepers by clean sheets.

Especially when Barcelona finished most of their matches with better ball possession.

I judge keepers based on number of saves not clean sheets.

If na by clean sheets, Ederson will be best gk in england but De Gea is ahead of him.

Why?

Because Man City were dominant in most of their matches.
They were always having 70-80% ball possession.
How many times did other epl clubs get a chance to shoot at Ederson

If clubs cannot manage to shoot at you and you are keeping clean sheet easily, it would be wrong to think you such a great keeper.

Did you know that before UCL final, Karuis had 9 clean sheets in 13 matches.
He was not a fantastic keeper but Liverpool's had been playing well and their opponents could only manage few shots per game.

All these factors coupled with good defenders helping the keeper, you will know that there is better yardstick to judge a keeper other than clean sheets.

That is why De Gea is better than Ederson.
He made more saves.
He averages 4 saves per game.

Ederson can only manage 1 or 2 saves per game cuz City's opponents barely get a chance to shoot at goal.

Heck i rate Heaton the Burnley keeper better than Ederson.

So that is it.
While you judge keepers by clean sheet.
I judge them by saves.
And for Allison to make 155 saves in one season, that is impressive.

So based on number of saves Allison is third best keeper behind De Gea and Oblak.

You to go correct broda. Dem go dey vex if Liverpool do something significant. Over priced kee dem. Its our money. Let them go and check our sales and see that we are doing fantastic business. All the money we have spent na small e take pass Coutinho transfer fee, yet we still look like a team that are ready for the title berth. E dey pain dem say Liverpool dey sign. As if De Gea price go dey below that 67m.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by kinibigdil: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
kenonze:
Over priced.
They just wanna waste all the cash gotten from UCL
Thank you make we waste am
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Merimental(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Nathdoug:
A GOAL KEEPER YOU SCORED SEVEN GOALS AGAINST LAST SEASON YOU'RE NOW SIGNING FOR £68M..
STUPID FOOTBALL CLUB
4 real ? yet Messi n d oda entire champions league opponent team couldn't score 1 against him in Rome....come on man he only conceeded against Liverpool in Rome.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Maxcollins042(m): 7:21am On Jul 19, 2018
kenonze:
Over priced.
They just wanna waste all the cash gotten from UCL
Subasic I think would have been a cheaper and better option.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by chiboy1116: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2018
BlackManta:

Ter Stegen best gk

Especially when Barcelona finished most of their matches with better ball possession.

If na by clean sheets, Ederson will be best gk in england but De Gea is ahead of him.

Why?

If clubs cannot manage to shoot at you and you are keeping clean sheet easily, it would be wrong to think you such a great keeper.

He was not a fantastic keeper but Liverpool's had been playing well and their opponents could only manage few shots per game.

All these factors coupled with good defenders helping the keeper, you will know that there is better yardstick to judge a keeper other than clean sheets.

He made more saves.

Ederson can only manage 1 or 2 saves per game cuz City's opponents barely get a chance to shoot at goal.

So that is it.
I judge them by saves.

So based on number of saves Allison is third best keeper behind De Gea and Oblak.
lolx...oblak was the best in clean sheets last season . He's always been the best but based on saves Ter Stegen is ahead of oblak , he was ahead of de gea before the season ended .
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by chiboy1116: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2018
DavSagacity:

Which goal keeper in Europe can stop Salah, Mane , and Firmino on a good day.??. This 3 Players can score 10 goals in a two legged game against keepers like Buffon, Batez, Cassilas and Van dersar put together.
na so ...na basketball u de play na .
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Codes151(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2018
mhizenugu:
Fantastic signing. Alisson is the messi of goalkeepers. Right now.. while Courtois is the Ronaldo of goalkeepers...
while de gea is their god
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by OteneX(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2018
newbie2018:
the bathsuayi of GK
Lol...you must be a chelsea fan grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Walexybobo(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2018
kenonze:
Over priced. They just wanna waste all the cash gotten from UCL
As they wasted money on VVD.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Coutinho14: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2018
BlackManta:

Just say you dont watch Seria A, i will understand.

Go and check Allison's statistics.
He made 155 saves last season and kept so many clean sheets.
Only De Gea and Oblak had better statistics.
Allison was the best goalkeeper in Seria A, he was so good they called him the Messi of Goalkeepers.

Ederson who
Who is Ederson
That guy is warming bench for Brazil cuz Allison is their no 1.
How many saves did Ederson make last season compared to Allison's 155.
Did Ederson make up to 100 saves

Abeg free Allison.
He proved himself in seria A.
Allow him to prove himself in EPL before judging him.

I bet you are one of those epl fanboys that called Salah a one season wonder simply because you didn't watch him play in seria A.

You dont watch Seria A, its as simple as that.
Ter stegan of Barcelona says hi
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by CSTR1005: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2018
The guy just had one good season and Liverpool is paying that obscene amount for him.

Roma fans must be laughing themselves to stupor.

Chelsea should go for Donarumma who is far cheaper, far younger and with greater potential.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
Maxcollins042:

Subasic I think would have been a cheaper and better option.
at 33yrs bro cheesy.. Alisson is better he will improve sef
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:
The guy just had one good season and Liverpool is paying that obscene amount for him.

Chelsea should go for Donarumma who is far cheaper, far younger and with greater potential.
ederson also had one good season.. You hv to spend big to win trophies

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
chiboy1116:
smh,Allison is just good with his feet . Oblakhad more clean sheets but based on statistics last season Ter Stegen was probably the best gk .
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
osazsky:
but these guys u mentioned couldn't score keylos navars ,why not go for Narva's instead of this one DAT will still open his legs for sex when he sees messi,Dis one na so so rape them go dey rape am when he come EPL, Italian league is a weak league na ,,,soccernification go finish Liverpool this season em nor b small
The one Mane scored nko. Tch
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

In case you don't know. Donnarumma has about 70m release clause because Acmilan didnt qualify for UCL. If they'd sell he'd go for at least 50m imo.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2018
BlackManta:

Ter Stegen best gk

Why?

He made more saves.

So that is it.
I judge them by saves.

DeGea had more clean sheets that Ederson last season
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by CSTR1005: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
stixz:

In case you don't know. Donnarumma has about 70m release clause because Acmilan didnt qualify for UCL. If they'd sell he'd go for at least 50m imo.
50 million euros for 19 year old donarruma who is almost world class is worth it.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

50 million euros for 19 year old donarruma who is almost world class is worth it.
I know he's worth it but 67m for a world class 25 years old isn't worth it?
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

Since you most likely dont watch serie a at all or frequently, see stats of Alisson compared to Buffon and Donnarumma in league and European cup

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by CSTR1005: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
stixz:

Since you most likely dont watch serie a at all or frequently, see stats of Alisson compared to Buffon and Donnarumma in league and European cup
Donarumma is just 19 years old, Allison is 25.

Donarruma is world class for a 19 years old, and the potential for growth is huge.
His potential is much higher than Allison.

By the time donarruma gets to 25, he would be a buffon.

David de gea at 19 years old was very average. Allison at 19 Was a nobody.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

Donarruma is world class for a 19 years old, and the potential for growth is huge.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Donnarumma isn't worth 50m. I'm trying to justify Alisson price with the way transfer is right now. A 25 year old world class keeper, best in serie A last season and somehow close to the like of Oblak who'd cost nothing less than close to 100m with his release clause. You said Alison was no one at 19, a keeper's peak is always close to their or early 30s. Remember Van Der Sar was almost a nobody before Man Utd signed him at 35

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

guy donnaruma is prone to errors n is noh wah liverpool should go for after d whole issue with karius.. Buh he can improve tho
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
stixz:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Donnarumma isn't worth 50m. I'm trying to justify Alisson price with the way transfer is right now. A 25 year old world class keeper, best in serie A last season and somehow close to the like of Oblak who'd cost nothing less than close to 100m with his release clause. You said Alison was no one at 19, a keeper's peak is always close to their or early 30s. Remember Van Der Sar was almost a nobody before Man Utd signed him at 35
oblak even plays with a strong atletico backline tho it doesn't means he's not world class buh a mediocre keeper will look world class in dah atletico team.. Alisson looked so good with a poor Roma defence.. He deserves a lot of credit

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by CSTR1005: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2018
dumininu01:
guy donnaruma is prone to errors n is noh wah liverpool should go for after d whole issue with karius.. Buh he can improve tho
Yes, he is prone to error because he is very young.

In the long run, donnaruma is the better value for money.

Allison is overpriced.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by CSTR1005: 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
stixz:

If donnaruma is already pulling above average numbers at just 19 years.

Imagine how good he would be whern he gets older and in his prime.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Sofrosh(f): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
DavSagacity:

Which goal keeper in Europe can stop Salah, Mane , and Firmino on a good day.??. This 3 Players can score 10 goals in a two legged game against keepers like Buffon, Batez, Cassilas and Van dersar put together.

How many did they score against DE GEA in two(2) legs
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by dumininu01(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

Yes, he is prone to error because he is very young.

In the long run, donnaruma is the better value for money.

Allison is overpriced.
yh i agree.. Buh if Donarumma comes in n makes errors.. Liverpool fans will start blaming klopp again.. Mayb another club might suit him tho cus it's a quick fix Liverpool need right now
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

You are obviously not getting me here. I'm not saying Donnarumma isn't good. I'm just trying to justify Alisson at that price, that's all.
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
CSTR1005:

'In the long run' Klopp signed a keeper rated 2nd best in bundesliga just before he left mainz hoping he'd be no1 in the long run. But did you see the end result? What lfc need right now is a built and reliable person and what do you think would happen if we buy Donnaruma and he makes an error, not that Alisson can't commit an error but klopp would be blamed lesser if Alisson does commit an error compared to if Donnarumma does

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by stixz(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
dumininu01:
yh i agree.. Buh if Donarumma comes in n makes errors.. Liverpool fans will start blaming klopp again.. Mayb another club might suit him tho cus it's a quick fix Liverpool need right now
'Quick fix' that says it all. Everyone made noise when Van dijk was bought, he's overpriced and all but we've all seen lfc defence improve, haven't we?
Re: Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal by Maxcollins042(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
dumininu01:
at 33yrs bro cheesy.. Alisson is better he will improve sef
What?! my bad. No wonder his release fee is so cheap. Forgive me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Bids Farewell To Marcelo / Pictures Of Leo Messi Lifting The La Liga Cup, For The 10th Time In Barcelona. / Chelsea Denies Claims That Roman Abrahamovich Put The Club For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.