Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,003 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:20 AM

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (15183 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Explain Why… / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I can't be that ignorant.
You silly!

Practice 3 time a day. You will become more ignorant than op. If it were at all possible!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by frank317: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
akeensbussy:

CHRIST DIED FOR ALL SIN, BUT FORGIVENESS CAME TO AN INDIVIDUAL WHEN HE OR SHE REPENT AND BELIEVE.

The above statement validated my stand...he died for all sin, yet I will still have to repent and believe. The sins he had died for. why do I still need to repent from it again.

if the purpose of killing someone is to forgive everybody..why do they need to confess, repent and believe again. because the purpose of killing the person was that you know and believed that the people are sinners and that was why you killed your son.

Lol... The guys don't think. Before Christ died, how do they make heaven? Isnt it by repenting and asking for forgiveness? Christ death even made it worst, u have to believe first, then repent and ask for forgiveness.
Me think the death of Christ(if its true) is absolute bullcrap

3 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
nwabekeyi:
The onus is on you to envagelize to the atheists and prove to them that God exists with signs and wonders.

If you cannot do that, then I don't think you are doing your job as a Christian. Asking them to prove what they don't believe in is logically dead and irrational.

I think this is the kind of reasoning we portray that makes atheists see Christians as deluded and inert to reasoning, we live a life of self denial.

I'm a Christian and I think it's barbaric and makes no sense to say that evolution didn't happen, it takes a smart Christian to see where evolution was clearly explained in the bible.
Aleluya, Praise the Lord. And forever be blessed!
Amen.

You are evidence that Christianity is not the sort of ignorance the op portrays it as being.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
frank317:

Lol... The guys don't think. Before Christ died, how do they make heaven? Isnt it by repenting and asking for forgiveness? Christ death even made it worst, u have to believe first, then repent and ask for forgiveness.
Me think the death of Christ(if its true) is absolute bullcrap
There was this express train from Jerusalem straight to heaven and tickets were free but only a few were chosen. Now you get to live in hell to qualify to get there and everyone gets a go.

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
eventtinz:
ok i guys i will like to come in here.YES I am an atheist and it took me years of doubt and critical reasoning to get here.
I will help you all out ,please read with an open mind and read up before jumping at me...

1.Atheism is not "the belief that god does not exist' rather it is the rejection of the assertion/belief that supreme deities exist.

2.The belief in a god came to existence when humans could not understand the cosmos.i.e you do not know how rain falls ,hence you conclude that there must be a rain god.

3.religious book lack basic empirical knowledge and more also rational ones.i.e no mention of dinosaurs or other extinct creatures show limited knowledge.

4.Lots of stories in the religious books are not rational and are mere superstitions.i.e the ark of Noah(not logically possible and not moral right to kill everyone except Noah's family and two of all species which is almost an infinite number),we can bring it home and compare it to stories of obatala ,amadioha etc.

5.every tribe came up with a creationist story ,the jews were just wise enough to tie theirs to an historic figure in person of Jesus .Be aware that the jews are currently not Christians.

6.It is difficult for people to doubt religion and the existence of god because we were all wired to belief right from cradle.

7.some people may argue that religion gives a sense of morality but the truth is that it has caused more death than any other /war than any other ideology .morality comes from rationality.ownership of slaves ,incest ,unjust wars were all normal in this religious times.religion was spread true brute force,oppression and war.

8.People do not choose their religion,they are simply born in a geographical location where a particular one is prevalent and they have to defend the inherited religion all their lives.i guess this people will all go to hell as long as they do not subscribe to your own god.

9.science has explained so many phenomena that were formally thought to be the act of God ,give it more time and it will do more.the only thing that is holding science back is religion.

10.we cannot blame the stone man for trying to give meaning to his existence,we should blame ourselves for sticking with the ideas of the stone age .we should progress.

11.If the said god is all knowing,it means he already knows and decided who will go to hell or heaven.

12.we can also blame the said god for giving people the kind of brain that will doubt his,her or its existence.

13.unlearn and Think,you will find the answer.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by festwiz(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
nwabekeyi:
denying evolution is like denying telecommunications, it doesn't make sense that we choose to envagelise via social media platforms and deny the results of carbon dating etc in evolution science.

Both process obey principles of radiation physics, I can't be that ignorant.
#Respect

The First reasonable Christian I've seen on this forum in a long time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by festwiz(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

There was this express train from Jerusalem straight to heaven and tickets were free but only a few were chosen. Now you get to live in hell to qualify to get there and everyone gets a go.
LOL grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by McCoy662(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Let's not be sentimental in our arguments here.

People don't turn atheist by choice but they are compelled due to lack of verifiable evidence of the existence of God or of what God is reputed to be.

like I have asked before, if anyone wants to tell me that God created everything but was not created, then this is a problem and raises much questions. if the greatest can exist without being created, why do we think that any other thing cannot come to being in that same way

2 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
atheism is illogical what other evidence that there is God. the creation is enough for those that have eyes to see.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by eventtinz(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
In the words of C.Hitchens..."What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence". "Science works...bitches!!!"
Jesus was wise enough to stay away from explaining natural phenomena ...unlike the Illiterate pedophile warlord ,who claimed the sun sets in a pool of murky waters,saw an eclipse and claimed he had split the moon in half .He also claimed the poisoned meat that later killed him after severe pain spoke to him that it was poisoned.
Its really worrisome that 1.2 billion people believe and kill and die because of all this banality.
As for our jewish reject ,pope john paul 2 has apologized to galileo and everyone who as suffered in the hands of the catholic church... for all you dimwits, Galileo was the one that disproved the religious notion that celestial bodies revolves around the earth.
Sorry to break it to you guys-
we are not the dominant and special species ,as a virus can dominate the world and kill us all.
science does not disprove the existence of god ,rather it dismisses the claims that one exist because of lack of evidence.
it is shameful that if anyone is going to find god ,it is still going to be science ...as religion is a mentally lazy endeavor.

until then ,i will open a worship center and take all your money.

5 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by xpmode(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
akeensbussy:

Your explanation here validated the scam in Religion..if the sin of Adam and Eve created all these sin you mentioned here...

why can't the death of jesus returned man back to it original state of creation? why do man still need all these long processes again. his death should automatically made us saint who had no sin and qualify us to make heaven instantaneous! simple. not all the merry-go-round

John3v16 is popular verse it has your answers
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by xpmode(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
McCoy662:
Let's not be sentimental in our arguments here.

People don't turn atheist by choice but they are compelled due to lack of verifiable evidence of the existence of God or of what God is reputed to be.

like I have asked before, if anyone wants to tell me that God created everything but was not created, then this is a problem and raises much questions. if the greatest can exist without being created, why do we think that any other thing cannot come to being in that same way

I guess you missed this thread below, it's one of the best on this board, well thought out

https://www.nairaland.com/4029569/created-god-invalid-question
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
akeensbussy:

Religion is a Scam....
The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.
Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.
if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?
Religion is a scam indeed.

Detergent is a scam. Why are people still wearing dirty clothes since the invention of detergent? If detergents is not a scam clothes would not be getting dirty again. cool
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by akeensbussy(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Detergent is a scam. Why are people still wearing dirty clothes since the invention of detergent? If detergents is not a scam clothes would not be getting dirty again. cool

What a comparison....so the person that invented detergent is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient as claim by the bible? Think, don't allow religion to take over your reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by festwiz(m): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I washed my clothes, they got clean and then dirty after use.

I've got cancer, I prayed to an all knowing, all loving and caring god. Died soon after.

Who's greater, the man who invented a solution to dirty clothes or the god whom created humans he can't care for?? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by budaatum: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2018
festwiz:

I've got cancer, I prayed to an all knowing, all loving and caring god. Died soon after.

Who's greater, the man who invented a solution to dirty clothes or the god whom created humans he can't care for?? undecided undecided
He put the wrong label on the human being (or maybe people read it wrong).

Perhaps it should have read "wash at 60 degrees" and "don't spin or tumble dry"!

1 Like

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by PastorAIO: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2018
akeensbussy:

What a comparison....so the person that invented detergent is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient as claim by the bible? Think, don't allow religion to take over your reasoning.

I think his point is that like detergent where you have to purchase it and use it to wash your clothes, also with Christ you have to actively put it to use by accepting the sacrifice.

What he missed out is the fact that we didn't have to actively accept the Sin of Adam before we all supposedly became tainted by sin. So why must we actively accept the sacrifice of Jesus? As Adam's tainting was automatic why can't Christ's sacrifice be automatic too.

Meanwhile the man with a bacterial infection does not have to actively accept the power of antibiotics injection before it can heal him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by malvisguy212: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
PastorAIO:

I think his point is that like detergent where you have to purchase it and use it to wash your clothes, also with Christ you have to actively put it to use by accepting the sacrifice.

What he missed out is the fact that we didn't have to actively accept the Sin of Adam before we all supposedly became tainted by sin. So why must we actively accept the sacrifice of Jesus? As Adam's tainting was automatic why can't Christ's sacrifice be automatic too.

Meanwhile the man with a bacterial infection does not have to actively accept the power of antibiotics injection before it can heal him.
hey bro. long time, how you doing?

is this how you atheist understand the atonement of sin ? Imagine you work for a company whose CEO makes a terrible decision that sends the company into a tailspin. Thousands of people, including you, are laid off. The board of directors finally fires the CEO and hires a new guy who turns the company around and rehires you. Not only does the new guy give you back your original position, but he promotes you to a higher position. The last CEO was certainly better than the first one, wasn’t he? That is the same thing that happens when we become a Christian. Through Jesus Christ we are not only restored to where Adam was before he sinned, but we get a promotion from Adam’s position. When God created Adam in the Garden, Adam was sinless, but he was not righteous.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
sonmvayina:
I am not an atheist.. But I am wise enough to know that the Christian God does not exist.. Just a bunch of uneducated guys who gathered in Nicea to create him, and forged some documents to perpetuate the scam.. They spent the next 1700 years rewriting, editing it and only took a break when a certain German invented the printing press..

In the words of Cardinal worsley.. "if we don't destroy this invention now, this invention will one day destroy us"

Jesus is a Nicean creation to mock the creator of the universe and to deceive the gullible..
Keep deceiving yourself.....
Go check the pages/thread you created already.... & see how childish you sound
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Heathen777:
The burden of proof lies on the one with the belief, not on the skeptics.
No,it's not fixated....it could go both ways,especially in a discussion of religion.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Emusan(m): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
That's why I said you need a Bible School not online argument.

akeensbussy:
I must bear the consequences of the sin I never committed in the first place....

The only sin you'll bear consequence for is the one YOUR ADAMIC NATURE causes you to commit i.e killing, idolatry, fornication e.t.c

according to the bible, sin were committed by Adam and Eve...

This is where you missed it.
The sin Bible recorded being committed by Adam & Eve is the one that CORRUPTED their NATURE.

This corruption is the one that leads to death and allow Satan's influence to penetrate.

Now, let me break it down for you.

I will use English word of "SIN" as an acronym which means "Satan's Influence over Nature"

Before Adam & Eve sinned, nothing can be traced to their own life at that time like SIN, their NATURE can't die nor opens to Satan's influence.

So the corruption of Adam's Nature and how this corrupted Nature can allow Satan's influence to penetrate is what Bible was talking about in Genesis

then me that was born more than 2000 years later still suffering from the consequences... And God is loving God. He said we should forgive while He will not forgive...

The reason you suffer from the consequence is because you're still born with the same CORRUPTED NATURE of Adam & Eve.

I know your point is Jesus' death supposed to vanish sin meanwhile you didn't know that people who live on earth today are not directly born by Jesus.

Now, see how Bible put it;
1. You must be BORN again. Why? Because you need a new nature
2. How will it be possible, by going into one Mother's womb? No! You need to be born of Water & Spirit.
3. That's why, "if any MAN be IN CHRIST, he is a NEW CREATURE..."
NOTE: The word used for MAN here can also refer to NATURE and I intentionally bolden the IN because it expresses the actual phrase used for a baby in the womb

The Bible is a fairytale.....

Besides, I am not an Athiest..just that I don't belief in the God painted in the christian bible.

If you don't believe then your conclusion shouldn't be "fairytale"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
Glycolysis:

Keep deceiving yourself.....
Go check the pages/thread you created already.... & see how childish you sound

How does this relate to my post...?
I know you have invested your whole life on it, so it is hard to imagine anything different... Well to burst your bubble, jesus was Created by the Romans to deceive and mock the creator of the universe and to control people like you that lack the capacity of Independent thought..
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by PastorAIO: 1:19am On Aug 13, 2018
malvisguy212:
hey bro. long time, how you doing?

is this how you atheist understand the atonement of sin ? Imagine you work for a company whose CEO makes a terrible decision that sends the company into a tailspin. Thousands of people, including you, are laid off. The board of directors finally fires the CEO and hires a new guy who turns the company around and rehires you. Not only does the new guy give you back your original position, but he promotes you to a higher position. The last CEO was certainly better than the first one, wasn’t he? That is the same thing that happens when we become a Christian. Through Jesus Christ we are not only restored to where Adam was before he sinned, but we get a promotion from Adam’s position. When God created Adam in the Garden, Adam was sinless, but he was not righteous.

Since you have quoted me I will assume that by 'you atheists' you are referring to me.

I have not offered my understanding of atonement of sin. I have simply sought to understand and to convey my understanding of what Olaadegbu is trying to say. Of course I could be wrong in which case it is up to the man himself to come and correct me.

Everything else you are saying is totally irrelevant whether or not I agree with it. As it happens I think it is totally unverifiable vacuity. But most importantly irrelevant vacuity.

4 Likes

Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 13, 2018
akeensbussy:
Religion is a Scam....
The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.
Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.
if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?
Religion is a scam indeed.
There is something God has not removed from u, even with the death of Jesus Christ at the cross for mankind, It is the power of choice (or free will). This power of choice, nobody cant touch it. God almighty, Satan. Nobody. If u check, Satan has to lie in the garden of Eden to them, so Adam and Eve can use their free will to disobey (since they were already aware of God rule t them). Satan did not overcome them by power or violence.
So to enjoy the benefits of the death of Jesus at the cross, u have to use your power of choice (or free will) to accept it otherwise u wont see nothing. It's not automatic
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2018
sonmvayina:

How does this relate to my post...?
I know you have invested your whole life on it, so it is hard to imagine anything different... Well to burst your bubble, jesus was Created by the Romans to deceive and mock the creator of the universe and to control people like you that lack the capacity of Independent thought..
My problem is these ;
You claimed to be no atheist, yet your post contradict your claims !...oh ,you're a Muslim ?

Now,between you & I ,who need growing up intellectually ?....
Everybody ,especially atheist,now feel every body that believe God exist or in the Bible,is incapable of independent thought....

"...Jesus was created by the Roman......"

Do YOU have a SUBSTANTIAL evidence for these ?...an extraction from your comment of course.

Let's see how YOUR independent thought goes....
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Glycolysis:

My problem is these ;
You claimed to be no atheist, yet your post contradict your claims !...oh ,you're a Muslim ?

Now,between you & I ,who need growing up intellectually ?....
Everybody ,especially atheist,now feel every body that believe God exist or in the Bible,is incapable of independent thought....

"...Jesus was created by the Roman......"

Do YOU have a SUBSTANTIAL evidence for these ?...an extraction from your comment of course.

Let's see how YOUR independent thought goes....

I am no atheist... God is the personification of totality of the consciousness of the universe.. Not a man or human being or a jew up in the sky..

We are divine beings on a human journey... That is what the igbo omenani teaches, that is what Judaism is all about..
God or Chukwu is responsible for creating and destroying, for light and darkness, good and evil.. Etc.. As it is stated in Isaiah 45 :6-7

The devil(ekwensu) is not an equal opposite of God.. Just like the Christians say.. I find this insulting.
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by Akiintom: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
PastorAIO:

What a beautiful logical submission! God bless you brother!
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
akeensbussy:

festwiz:

This article fixes it for you. cool

DAILY ⓂANNA
WEDNESDAY MAY 16, 2018

CLEANSING THE TEMPLE

TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 29:1-11

"And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the LORD God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place" (2 Chronicles 29:5).

A soap manufacturer, who was an unbeliever, walked along the road one day with a preacher of the gospel. The soap manufacturer said, 'The gospel you preach has not done much good, for there is still a lot of wickedness in the world and a lot of wicked people too.' The preacher made no reply until they passed a dirty little child, making mud pies in the gutter. Seizing his opportunity, the preacher said: 'Soap has not done much good in the world, I see; for there is still much dirt and many dirty people about.' 'Oh, well,' said the manufacturer, 'soap is only useful when it is applied.' 'Exactly!' said the preacher, 'so it is with the gospel.'

In today's passage, Hezekiah began his reign in Jerusalem and from the very first month began to undertake his programme of purifying the temple. He urged the priests and Levites to purify themselves and go into the house of the Lord to remove the filthiness placed there by preceding kings who had embraced idolatry.

Homosexualism, worldliness, idolatry, cultism and the likes are unbecoming of the house of God. Believers are the temple of God and they must get rid of all the dirt in their lifestyle and heart. The power of the gospel of Christ cleanses from all inward and outward sins. Therefore, let us cry unto God for cleansing after we have cleansed ourselves so that His temple (our body and His Church) can be the hallowed place it ought to be.

Thought for the day: "Cleansing of our hearts is the best way to kick-start a revival."

COVER TO COVER: PSALMS 3-4; 12-13; 28; 55.

BIBLE ACCOUNTS AS THEY OCCURRED

See more HERE:
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by RuthlessLeader(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Why couldn't you come up with your own explanation?
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Why couldn't you come up with your own explanation?

What is your question? undecided
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by festwiz(m): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Who remembers "Tales by Moonlight"? undecided

STORY! STORY!! tongue
Re: Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
festwiz:

Who remembers "Tales by Moonlight"? undecided

STORY! STORY!! tongue

It's His Story. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? / Christmas: Father Mbaka Gives Rice To Orphans, Crippled & Widows (pics,video) / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.