Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) (81382 Views)

NDIC Places Properties Of 8 Liquidated Mfbs For Sale (see List) / Nigerian Naira Fast Becoming The Weakest Currency In Africa / Lady Finds Biafran Currency In Her Father's Cupboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ugosample:

Ghana has at least 60 to 100 tribes

that were just lucky to have an Nkrumah that unified them and made them see each other as the same and not different, not like our useless founding fathers that polarised us from day 1.

So that's not an excuse

My part of founding fathers weren't useless. Chief Awolowo did very well for the southwest if not for anything for the free education.

I think if you want to blame, you should blame those who brought the military into power that made our country still wobbling in democracy. Everything was going smoothly prior to that coup. At least i can say so for the southwest. If the military had not come into power, fifty years of democracy would have done alot more good than the military.

Until we practice true federalism or region system, we will always keep having drawbacks. Perhaps we aren't ready to tell ourselves the truth in this country. Let every region or state use whatever resource at their disposal to do what is best for the people within it's region or state. This one doesn't stop Nigeria from being one. I don't see how this inconveniences anybody in this country at all or how whatever actions of founding fathers makes such unacheivable.

You spent sixteen billion dollars for power yet no power. Why don't you throw it to the regions to generate and distribute the power in whatever ways and resource opened to them since the center can't seem to make it work? Is it a must that the federal government provides electricity?

That onus is then on the state and respective regions to see how to make it work for them. Plenty things that aren't difficult to fix in this country but we just make things needlessly difficult for ourselves.

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Deltatoto: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Danelo:

no be joke I spent 40m in a weekend na run I take leave that country.a plate of food 1m
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by mercenary: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
jibbish:
Whoever composed this list is daft, just because you compare a currency to the dollar doesn't make it weak.
But what do I know, children of Hate will blame it on Buhari
We can also blame it on your father for bringing you into this country
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by beejayvince(m): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there
Of course, it can't be there. The Ghanaian Cedi is worth way more than the Nigerian Naira.

See list of the top African currencies more valuable than the Naira:
https://www.nigerianindex.com/10-african-currencies-more-valuable-than-the-nigerian-naira/

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Mikeross62: 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
what about Zimbabwe

IT'S MIKEROSS YUAN/RMB
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
Oritzy:
Ghana cedis is one of the strongest in Africa..
how do u determine a weak or a strong currency?
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by watchindelta(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
Naija never a Country since 00000AD
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You are daft. If I have one million naira in my account, in dollar i wouldn't even have upto 3000 dollars. All of this is because of buhari
it is amazing how a daft person will come and call an intelligent person daft...lol well for craze man eye all of us when Normal dey wear cloth be like mad ppl for him eye

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Ugosample(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
Blackfyre:

My part of founding fathers weren't useless. Chief Awolowo did very well for the southwest if not for anything for the free education.

I think if you want to blame, you should blame those who brought the military into power that made our country still wobbling in democracy. Everything was going smoothly prior to that coup. At least i can say so for the southwest. If the military had not come into power, fifty years of democracy would have done alot more good than the military.

Until we practice true federalism or region system, we will always keep having drawbacks. Perhaps we aren't ready to tell ourselves the truth in this country. Let every region or state use whatever resource at their disposal to do what is best for the people within it's region or state. This one doesn't stop Nigeria from being one. I don't see how this inconveniences anybody in this country at all or how whatever actions of founding fathers makes such unacheivable.

You spent sixteen billion dollars for power yet no power. Why don't you throw it to the regions to generate and distribute the power in whatever ways and resource opened to them since the center can't seem to make it work? Is it a must that the federal government provides electricity?

That onus is then on the state and respective regions to see how to make it work for them. Plenty things that aren't difficult to fix in this country but we just make things needlessly difficult for ourselves.

your first paragraph even proved that Awo was as useless as the rest

He was the one that called Nigeria "a mere geographically expression" and has always proved to be an isolationist

That character is still prevalent among a lot of Yoruba folk because of the precedent he set.

The first ten years of Nigeria's independence was our chance to unify and solidify the country

Ojukwu; Gowon, the national leaders et al blew it.

they were the ones segregating undecided

Politicians today are still doing same

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
@ugosample

I think you need to double check again. These are the ethnic groups in Ghana. Plus Ghana was formerly known as Ashanti Kingdom. There was virtually no kingdom that rivalled or was at par with them.

In Nigeria, i need not tell you the number of kingdoms we had and the ones that warred with each other before the British came.

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by supereagle(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

1 Ghanaian Cedi = 0.21 United States

Ghana currency is stronger than dollars now. They revalued it during Nigeria BANK consolation time . Soludo wanted to do same for Nigeria after the consolidation, but powerful forces worked against it.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ugosample:

your first paragraph even proved that Awo was as useless as the rest

He was the one that called Nigeria "a mere geographically expression" and has always proved to be an isolationist

That character is still prevalent among a lot of Yoruba folk because of the precedent he set.

The first ten years of Nigeria's independence was our chance to unify and solidify the country

Ojukwu; Gowon, the national leaders et al blew it.

they were the ones segregating undecided

Politicians today are still doing same

Awolowo was a useless leader because he provided free education to his people?

The premier of western region provided free education to the people he governed and you call it useless?

Say no more, i leave you be.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by williamdeluxe(m): 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
i never knew dix country was so hard

until i saw a man eating bread with 'anointing oil'
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by chronique(m): 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Can you just imagine the kind of countries we are listed among? Father, have mercy.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Ugosample(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
Blackfyre:
@ugosample

I think you need to double check again. These are the ethnic groups in Ghana. Plus Ghana was formerly known as Ashanti Kingdom. There was virtually no kingdom that rivalled or was at par with them.

In Nigeria, i need not tell you the number of kingdoms we had and the ones that warred with each other before the British came.

guy I know Ghana like the Palm of my hand

I have lived there before and go there often

There are so many tribes, but they speak each others language

twi and ga

an average Ghanaian can speak two to three

they inter marry and think of themselves as Ghanaians first

but our leaders made us think tribe first.

this is where their uselessness is from

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ajaymina(m): 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

bros why?!

Ghana CEDI na boss for NAIRA o

1cedi na 75naira

Naira weak die...e supos top d leat sef,since na giant of Africa
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Ugosample(m): 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
Blackfyre:

Awolowo was a useless leader because he provided free education to his people?

The premier of western region provided free education to the people he governed and you call it useless?

Say no more, i leave you be.

He gave free education which is laudable

but how did he help towards unifying the country? ?

He was an isolationist undecided

Just like the rest of them back then

The effect of that is what we are facing today

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by emerged01(m): 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
AmiciLord:
He said one of the strongest. Olodo grin

grin to dash him slap dey hungry me.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by gregyboy(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Can nigeria not take first in something for once ...hmmm always last in everything of the country is bad it should be number one ....

Some countries would not just nigerians take first even in bad things

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
What about Zimbabwean currency?

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:24pm On Jul 18, 2018
caprini1:
Please can you explain more,because the purchase power of the cedi is almost zero ,compared to the naira.
please tell the illiterate to go and Google what re denomination of a currency means
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Jaqenhghar: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Una try sha.I thought it will be third to somalia and Zimbabwe
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2018
whatmoreng:
Zimbabwe nko?

Zimbabwe does not have their currency anymore. They use the US Dollar now.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2018
Right on point but if u re counting sick people, you don't count the dead... Zimbabwean dollar is dead

karllemah44:
If DAT Zimbabwean currency is not here then dis list is nonsense

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2018
chibuzor05:
Who is talking about Ghanian Cedi? The Cedi is among the Top 10 Highest Currency in Africa . Abeg we and Ghana no be mate, gone are those days we laugh over the exchange rate of the Ghanian Cedis. The table has turn.
the problem is u ppl are so dumb to even understand that even the blog u post is from a blog that belong to another dummy like u....lol anybody can be a blogger it is not rocket science

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
Oritzy:
argue constructively with facts...Stop acting childish
lazy youth...you cannot do a simple research...smh just copy and paste
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by loswhite(m): 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
supereagle:

1 Ghanaian Cedi = 0.21 United States

Ghana currency is stronger than dollars now. They revalued it when Nigeria BANK consolation time . Soludo wanted to do same for Nigeria after the consolidation, but powerful forces worked against it.
lol...this weed u take must be a special weed....lol

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by xtenxive(m): 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
ibkayee:
Whew good thing my country isn't up there

Your adopted Country or your ancestral Country

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by dzousev(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by laliga01: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
jibbish:
Whoever composed this list is daft, just because you compare a currency to the dollar doesn't make it weak.
But what do I know, children of Hate will blame it on Buhari

So how do you check the strength of your currency of not to dollar?
Dollar is currency for international trade and if you import > export, your currency grows weaker.
It's just simple economics.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by MENTORCH(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
Zimbabwe is not even on the list, Buhari and Apc has caused so much harm in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by bigdoo: 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Buhari promised N1 = $1 just to grab power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Can 200,000 Naira Start A Good Business In Nigeria?