Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Why Does Our Government Like To Regulate Morality? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Our Government Like To Regulate Morality? (980 Views)

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Our Government Like To Regulate Morality? by misright(f): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2007
Why does this country constantly inact laws that have nothing to do with protecting the people, and everything to do with violating it's citizen's privacy rights? I know I go on about this, but seriously, why does the government or the state feel the need to proctect us from ourselves? Aren't we adults? And why can't this strict restrictiveness apply to vices that really hurt us, like alcohol and smoking, two drugs that rank right alongside illegal drugs, as far as detremental to humans? Okay, admittedly this is beginning to sound like a rant,

(1) (Reply)

Will There Be Any Election Come 14th&21st April, 2007? / What Happens To An Election When A Presidential Candidate Dies? / Adebayo Adeferati, Presidential Candidate, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.