Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Over Heating Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Over Heating Problems (1521 Views)

Over Heating Nissan Pathfinder / Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 6:55am On Jul 19, 2018
[b][/b]
help.. my Nissan almera car overheats.. all fans are working and my radiator has been washed with coolant poured in as well but all to no avail as the gauge can go as high as the red part
Re: Over Heating Problems by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
ggnggroup:
[b][/b]
help.. my Nissan almera car overheats.. all fans are working and my radiator has been washed with coolant poured in as well but all to no avail as the gauge can go as high as the red part

Does it short water after it has cooled down?
Re: Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 7:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Pipedreams:

Does it short water after it has cooled down?

hmmmmmmmmmm... i am a little bit new to cars actually but if i understand "short water", i noticed that if its overheats and i allow it cool down then add water, before 30 minutes, the car would overheat again,, it would appear as if i did not top the water at all...... meanwhile the radiator is not leaking......
Re: Over Heating Problems by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 19, 2018
ggnggroup:

hmmmmmmmmmm... i am a little bit new to cars actually but if i understand "short water", i noticed that if its overheats and i allow it cool down then add water, before 30 minutes, the car would overheat again,, it would appear as if i did not top the water at all...... meanwhile the radiator is not leaking......

Check if u have particles of water in your engine oil. Like if u can see bubbles
Re: Over Heating Problems by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Pipedreams:

Check if u have particles of water in your engine oil. Like if u can see bubbles

exacto, this guy Don dey try fa.

@op check for leaks both external and internal. go and do a pressure test in the cooling system......

sometimes u can have an external leaking and not see it cos the water must have evaporated as steam since u have been topping with water..... esp from the radiator cap.

but the most probable cause is water leaking into the engine as a result of damaged head gasket. this is normally visible once u remove the engine oil measuring gauge, the oil will look milky and feel less sticky......

hope it's a simple job as a radiator cap leak or leaking radiator fins or a pipe job. if it's gasket
.......... its not an easy job
Re: Over Heating Problems by autologic: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2018
ggnggroup:
[b][/b]
If you have gotten this issue for some considerable length of time ,there is high tendency for your headgasket to have broken as well .So you need to look beyond headgasket issue but the root cause of the overheating which is usually leaks 90% of the time .
Look for a reputable techie to perform cooling system test and stop running your fan direct again.
Re: Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2018
Pipedreams:

Thanks... Will check once i get back to where the car iz packed.. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

exacto, this guy Don dey try fa.

@op check for leaks both external and internal. go and do a pressure test in the cooling system......

sometimes u can have an external leaking and not see it cos the water must have evaporated as steam since u have been topping with water..... esp from the radiator cap.

but the most probable cause is water leaking into the engine as a result of damaged head gasket. this is normally visible once u remove the engine oil measuring gauge, the oil will look milky and feel less sticky......

hope it's a simple job as a radiator cap leak or leaking radiator fins or a pipe job. if it's gasket
.......... its not an easy job

Thanks so much 4d info...
Well noted....
God bless
Re: Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2018
autologic:

If you have gotten this issue for some considerable length of time ,there is high tendency for your headgasket to have broken as well .So you need to look beyond headgasket issue but the root cause of the overheating which is usually leaks 90% of the time .
Look for a reputable techie to perform cooling system test and stop running your fan direct again.

Thanks alot...
Noted
Re: Over Heating Problems by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
ggnggroup:

Thanks... Will check once i get back to where the car iz packed.. I appreciate

It's either that or a leaking radiator or hoses or coolant that is near the gearbox. Put water tomorrow morning and start your car. Wait for 3 mins then look under the vehicle whether u will see where it's dripping from
Re: Over Heating Problems by ggnggroup: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
Pipedreams:

It's either that or a leaking radiator or hoses or coolant that is near the gearbox. Put water tomorrow morning and start your car. Wait for 3 mins then look under the vehicle whether u will see where it's dripping from

OK.. THANKS...
Re: Over Heating Problems by EngRichie: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2018
ggnggroup:
[b][/b]

You did not say whether Thermostat and water pump & impeller have been checked. I suspect coolant flow issue due to reduced impeller operation or bent hose but if also notice performance issues, check for exhaust blockage and monitor transmission temperature.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Re: Over Heating Problems by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
EngRichie:

You did not say whether Thermostat and water pump & impeller have been checked. I suspect coolant flow issue due to reduced impeller operation or bent hose but if also notice performance issues, check for exhaust blockage and monitor transmission temperature.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk

nay, the first thing a Kazeem will check/remove is the thermostat........ I highly doubt the presence of thermostat in that vehicle..... water pump is also a probable cause but not so common...let him start with the basics and then digress to the more complex ones like transmission temperature.
Re: Over Heating Problems by uboma(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2018
ggnggroup:
[b][/b]

Replace the engine if you have a blown gasket.

Anything asides this will only bring temporary results.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Qashqai Key / I Converted My MB Cls500 2009 From Airmatic To Normal Suspension / Your Trusted And Favorite Clearing Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.