Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable (9685 Views)

31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Bello El-Rufai Funds The Fencing Of Christian Cemetery In Kaduna. / MURIC To FG: Give Bailout Funds To Herders To Buy Land For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2018
The federation accounts allocation committee (FAAC) paid states an excess of N10 billion while sharing bailout funds in 2016, TheCable can report.

This is contained in the recently released annual report of the auditor general of the federation obtained by TheCable.

In 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari approved funds to help governors pay salaries in their various states.

“Our review of records at the FAAC secretariat revealed that under the salary bailout arrangement, the sum of N406,368,202,413.97 was the total principal amount released to state governments that benefited from salary bailout in 2015 and 2016 as recorded in the OAGF summary submitted for audit,” the auditor-general said.

“Whereas audit scrutiny of the documents presented revealed that the actual total principal amount released to the benefiting states were the sum of N416,368,202,413.97, resulting in an overpaid difference of N10,000,000,000.

“The FAAC secretariat is requested to explain this overpayment and take steps to correct its accounting records where appropriate.”

UNDERSTATED REPAYMENTS

States are expected to return the bailout funds because it is a loan facility that will be repaid over a period of 20 years.

However, the auditor-general discovered that the amount to be deducted from Oyo and Cross River states is less than the amount repayable.

“We observed that the computation of the total amount of loan payable by each state on the salary bailout facility was based on the summation of the principal amount and the interest,” he wrote.

“Our examination of the records revealed that for Oyo and Cross River states, the total amount repayable by the two states was understated by N1,895,797,986.24 and N3,571,237,190.24 respectively, resulting to a total understated amount of N5,467,035,176.48.”

“The accountant-general of the federation has been requested to explain the reasons for the reduction in monthly deductions for the two states, and where necessary, recompute the monthly deductions to arrive at the appropriate monthly deductions that would clear the accounts in 240 months.”

Anthony Ayine, the auditor-general, is required by Section 85 (5) of the constitution to submit the report on the audit of the accountant-general’s financial statements to the national assembly within 90 days of receipt of the statements from the accountant-general.

In the executive summary, Ayine wrote: “The Financial Statements of the Federal Government for the year ended 31st December, 2016 were first submitted to me by the Accountant-General of the Federation on 30th June, 2017. Following my preliminary observations, the Statements were significantly amended and resubmitted on 29th September, 2017. Further amendments to the Financial Statements led to another re-submission on 29th December, 2017 and 16th January, 2018 before the final version was eventually submitted on 20th March, 2018.”

https://www.thecable.ng/faac-overpaid-governors-n10bn-sharing-bailout-funds

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Exwizard: 9:10am On Jul 19, 2018
I know a country where the cows live fine, get fats and walk freely at the detriment of human beings

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 19, 2018
Government of integrity indeed!

5 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by madridguy(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2018
Overpaid or stealing? shocked shocked shocked

Madam Adeosun, Accountant general and the auditor general should be send to kuje without prosecution.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Paperwhite(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2018
APC government fighting corruption.

2 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by tinsel: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2018
madridguy:

Accountant general and the auditor general should be send to kuje without prosecution.
And you left out the main thing--finance minister?

3 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by onatisi(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2018
kaorama:
Government of integrity
a whole federal government overpaid an amount to an excess of 10 billion naira and you see nothing wrong in it ?
how can you overpay to the tune of over 25million us dollars and you think that is government of integrity ?
in a normal sane society , such incident can bring a government down or even cause the voluntary resignation of the minister in charge , but i am not surprised afterall our minister of finance already said 16+6=24

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by seunmsg(m): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2018
madridguy:

Madam Adeosun, Accountant general and the auditor general should be send to kuje without prosecution.

What is this one saying? angry angry angry

Why should the Auditor-General be sent to prison? Has he not done his job of exposing the overpayment?

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by seunmsg(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2018
onatisi:

a whole federal government overpaid an amount to an excess of 10 billion naira and you see nothing wrong in it ?
how can you overpay to the tune of over 25million us dollars and you think that is government of integrity ?
in a normal sane society , such incident can bring a government down or even cause the voluntary resignation of the minister in charge , but i am not surprised afterall our minister of finance already said 16+6=24

I cannot hold brief for the Accountant General so he should explain why the bail out was overpaid. However, this is just a chicken change compared to how much PPPRA overpaid to oil importers as subsidy between 2011 and 2015.

2 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by CodeTemplar: 9:53am On Jul 19, 2018
@seunmsg, overpayment as a result of forged document is totally different from overpayment resulting from error from the Government. Stop the blind support. Ñ10B is no chicken change.

7 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Ehiscotch(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2018
I like how you all love to make most of issues like this. The President a loan figure put together by an appointee and another appointee did his job by exposing the overpayment. Either way, the states would pay back the original loan sum.
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by seunmsg(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2018
CodeTemplar:
@seunmsg, overpayment as a result of forged document is totally different from overpayment resulting from error from the Government. Stop the blind support. Ñ10B is no chicken change.

I am not defending any of the two. And please, what happened at PPPRA back then was as a result of collusion between the agency and the importers to steal billions of Nigeria. Apart from forged documents, PPPRA deliberately overpaid some oil above what was due to them based on the subsidy payment template.
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by onatisi(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2018
seunmsg:

I cannot hold brief for the Accountant General so he should explain why the bail out was overpaid. However, this is just a chicken change compared to how much PPPRA overpaid to oil importers as subsidy between 2011 and 2015.
really? that is interesting ,please kindly substantiate this claim with any news link so that people can see and read it

5 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2018
Madam kemi goof again

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by IMASTEX: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
What difference will that make. After all the whole money will still be heading same direction "personal bucket".
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Mikeross62: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
10b naira mistake,don't think it's possible

it's MIKEROSS YUAN/RMB EXCHANGE
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Why is this government over paying everything? It means we have excess in this country? Please, let we (poor) see the effects on us.

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Lexusgs430: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
We are not surprised ...... Kemi is not fully qualified for her role .... UEL my ass ......
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Onechancearmy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
grin

10 million is overpay. 10 billion is a fucl<ing bribe.

2 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by blackpanda: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Exwizard:
I know a country where the cows live fine, get fats and walk freely at the detriment of human beings

What has this trash u typed got to do with the post

Bail out funds was to help pay salaries!
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by asawanathegreat(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Free room for stealing

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2018
seunmsg:

You keep refering to 2011-2015...

Zombie Move on... It is almost4 years

3 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by 007ejikzs(m): 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
which kind country be this naaa 10billion..

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by PointZerom: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
madridguy:

Cry me a lagoon.
Your president forged his certificate, his finance minister forged her NYSC certificate, EFCC chairman is not worthy according DSS report, IGP is only good at transmission.

Cc Immhotep Lzza sarkin

2 Likes

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by PointZerom: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
seunmsg:

Have you drank cow milk today?.

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by Buffalowings3(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thieves in this country tire me

That is
Me
Spending 1m everyday for
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by CanineOfJackal: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2018
seunmsg:

So we should keep quiet for this nonsense? you are a disgrace

1 Like

Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by CanineOfJackal: 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
seunmsg:

I am not defending any of the two. And please, what happened at PPPRA back then was as a result of collusion between the agency and the importers to steal billions of Nigeria. Apart from forged documents, PPPRA deliberately overpaid some oil above what was due to them based on the subsidy payment template.
shut up. stop disgracing yourself this married man
Re: FAAC Overpaid Governors N10bn In Bailout Funds - The Cable by eagleeye2: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
onatisi:

I have missed you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Observers Describe Enugu LG Polls, Peaceful, Credible / Where Did The Hausa Come From? / PDP Lies And Propaganda Busted Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.