Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? (5724 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / Why Does Phcn/nepa Always Interupt Power Supply When Its Raining? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by luridguy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2006
They have changed their name but has anything changed? What are they like in your own area?

For me its still the same old NEPA - they are still inconsistent. Sometimes light is regular, but most times it is not.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by layi(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2006
PHCN = Problem Has Changed Name.

Just a name change..no difference.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2006
I know that the power being generated is not enough to satisfy national electricity demand. In fact in the past month they have improved in my area, but the problem I have with them is that they don't announce power outages in advance.

Why can't they create a timetable to let us know when we would have electricity so we can plan our activities to coincide with when we know we'll have power? If NEPA (sorry, PHCN) can achieve this one feat, the entire country will become dramatically more productive.

This system of randomly switching power on and off contributes to laziness on the part of those who don't have standby generators. How can I concentrate on my work when power can be taken away 2 minutes after I settle down to work? (this is in Sango Ota).
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by layi(m): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2006
Sorry Seun but in most part of Lagos, we know when we'll have power outage. I live in ikorodu and its 2days on 1 day off.
Its just that they dont follow the timetable to the letter. Sometimes we've had 2 hrs of power outage when we were suppose to reciev the supply.

The basic problem is still there. Why cant they roll out pre-paid meters nationwide.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by spikelord(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2006
There's a lil' difference now. The Lagosians can testify to that!
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Missworld(f): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2006
So what about other parts of Nigeria especially in the East? First of all how can someone privatized electricity? This is simply insane. They are not making any difference it's strictly business and the customers are not to profit that much but they(PHCN) can provide the so called customer satisfaction for the time being. Wait till 07 and see what a business the original NEPA will turn into. All this na fraud but na our country be that so I dey pray for Divine intervention.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by kewe(f): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2006
i really dont see any difference its pretty much the same to me if not worse
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by bebee: 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2006
can a leopard change its spots? PHCN ,, they are indeed HOLDING POWER and not giving it out.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Oracle(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2006
I think itz worse
bebee:

can a leopard change its spots? PHCN ,, they are indeed HOLDING POWER and not giving it out.
thatz funny

Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Typewriter(m): 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2006
yes o nothing dey happen!!

well NEPA(Never Expect Power Always)
and PHCN(Power Holiding Confuse Nigerians)

now you know the diffrence
it's clear than 7up

just as Limca went dead in the hands of coca-cola plc after they bought it from the real owners

and 5 Alive became Five A-water.

it's obvios that God gave us everything but common sence to manage it.

well sha i dey enjoy this dance of shame. Good advice for you (don't you ever think of dieying for Nig. an't worth it!)

1 Like

Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by joftech(m): 12:38am On Jan 05, 2006
The power problem is not a joking matter for anyone that uses it for business. The power problem is more or less the only problem i have with Nigeria.

In my area they are doing 6 hours rotation. This means if you don't have gen you may be out of work for the whole day.

In my own opinion the problem with NEPA/PHCN is not power generation, the main problem is power distribution. Most of their substations, transformers, cables and poles are really in need of massive overhaul, instead of fixing them they are wasting money on generation.

Privatisation is the only way out. Let's remember PHCN is only a caretaker, they are not the final owner of NEPA. They are still more or less the same old NEPA except that they now have new operating structure that's akin to a private company.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by dejiolowe: 8:14am On Jan 05, 2006
the dudes in charge of our power are donkeys (those types with short tails and stupid grinning eyes grin grin grin).

The problem is more than distribution because we ain't even producing enough power. We are producing so little when compared with what we need. SA down there the street produces 40GW and we r more than they are.

Govt should expedite the unbundling process and sell of all the carcasses that we call gen stations. I v been to all the hydro stations in naija and i can assure u that they r crap.

Proper implementation of the privatization would produce such a profund effect that your jaw will be left hanging on the floor. I know power will be more expensive but ppl will learn to ration it. We need to get to an era where power companies will be begging u to use more power. Like use 2 watts and get one free.

I guess and just gripping...
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by luridguy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2006
the thing is ...............oops(soorry ill finish another time phcn just took my light)
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by alheri(f): 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2006
NEPA(Never Expect Power Always)

PHCN(Please Hold Candle Now!)

Yes oh! New name, more problems. Now we have to buy more CANDLES!
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Littleone(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2006
Really, the big difference is just a change in name. Chikenna.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by vizion: 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2006
why are u guys expecting better services from PHCN abi no be the same ppl wey run NEPA dey run am
when star and stout change bottle abi the drink taste change?
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2006
Una no hear when FELA(R.I.P) was saying ee go come ee go go.That time he never knew thats that PROBLEM HAS CHANGED NAME(PHCN) is going to happen wish he is still alive lemme know what he has to say.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2006
not much though the situation here is cool
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by spikelord(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2006
Agege for instance(where I stay), they've changed a lil' bit just that more is expected from a Privatized Company!
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by joftech(m): 4:30am On Jan 09, 2006
Agege for instance(where I stay), they've changed a lil' bit just that more is expected from a Privatized Company!

I wonder if some people can't read simple things up. PHCN is just a care-taking body. Private companies will start coming on board by March (that's what govt said o).
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2006
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyesNepa problem again shocked :oWetin u say that Problem has Change Name(PHCN)Ohhhhhhh,i need to iron my clothes
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by ijebu(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2006
The problem with NEPA or PHCN is a reflection of the problem of the entity call Nigeria. The change of name only make some guys to have a good avenue to enrich themselves, change of logo, stationeries, etc. Nigeria needs a structural change, until then don't expect any changes from NEPA, Police, etc. Nigeria is the only federation with central Police, NEPA structure.
Ghana now for over two years have been enjoying uninterrupted power supply, and before the electricity company will take off the light, they inform members of the public. cool
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2006
I tink say na economics u dey talk so.Na long tori we need not it!
Let 'em make some changes
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by joftech(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2006
Don't expect any magic until NEPA is fully/truly privatised.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2006
Posted by: joftech
Insert Quote
Don't expect any magic until NEPA is fully/truly privatised.
What are they waiting to make it so?
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by dejiolowe: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2006
nepa can't change until they r sold. remember the days of nitel?
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2006
Posted by: dejiolowe
Insert Quote
nepa can't change until they r sold. remember the days of nitel?
O boy are u sleepin they have been sold.Still they are making no changes!.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by joftech(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2006
O boy are u sleepin they have been sold.Still they are making no changes!.

You don't know nothing. NEPA/PHCN is not yet privatized.

Why are you still dumb after all the posts on this thread, it's people like you that go about to confuse people.

PHCN is just a caretaker for NEPA hence the reason why the former NEPA MD (Joseph Makoju) still heads PHCN.

The privitization will commence by March this year. You can read more here www.nepanigeria.org or www.bpeng.org
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by Seun(m): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2006
The false idea that PHCN is a private body which has purchased NEPA is widespread. Names are powerful, aren't they?
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2006
You don't know nothing. NEPA/PHCN is not yet privatized.

Why are you still dumb after all the posts on this thread, it's people like you that go about to confuse people.

PHCN is just a caretaker for NEPA hence the reason why the former NEPA MD (Joseph Makoju) still heads PHCN.

The privitization will commence by March this year. You can read more here www.nepanigeria.org or www.bpeng.org
You need some drugs infact.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by joftech(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2006
You need some drugs infact.

Don't you know how to talk to people. I only pointed out your folly to you, now you are saying rubbish.

Becareful because your ignorance on issues is clearly stated out on this page.

Nonsense.
Re: PHCN/NEPA Electricity Supply: Any Difference? by mikebuddy(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2006
Don't you know how to talk to people. I only pointed out your folly to you, now you are saying rubbish.

Becareful because your ignorance on issues is clearly stated out on this page.

Nonsense.
You know what i dont even have ur time ok.Am still @ topic.You should know to to put ur own things too ok dont make them look as if am a fool.
If are angry @ me then u can go and sink grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The World's Most Flexible Woman / Meet People You Share The Same Birthday With Here / Archbishop Sam Amaga's Daughter Is Wedding This Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.