Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 AM

My Experience At INEC Office Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At INEC Office Today (28218 Views)

Video Of President Tinubu Heading To The Office Today (Photos) / President Buhari Spotted Working In His Office Today / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
I laugh in Swahili...you think that's all? I have a feeling the transfer will mess it all up. Come November, your PVC will be hanging somewhere they can't trace grin
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Mccullum: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obijulius:
Na so!

By November they will ask you to return in January or go to your original registration to do reaccreditation.

Fact is, even if reasonable people know that Buhari/Osibanjo is a useless team they will still vote upon presentation of 5,000.

Meanwhile someone will use your card to vote for you in favour of Buhari/Osibanjo.

Sai Buhari

You're out of the topic please... Be reasonable!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Hedonisst: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
We're in July but you were asked to come back in November (4 months later) to collect your PVC! Why should it take that long?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by y0rmee: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obijulius:
Na so!

By November they will ask you to return in January or go to your original registration to do reaccreditation.

Exactly what I faced. They said they couldn't find my PVC, and I'd have to register afresh.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Onyemabright(m): 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obijulius:
Na so!

Fact is, even if reasonable people know that Buhari/Osibanjo is a useless team they will still vote upon presentation of 5,000.

Meanwhile someone will use your card to vote for you in favour of Buhari/Osibanjo.

Sai Buhari
U are a big fool, U have no brain

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Asquare84(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
My advice to you ignore whatsoever negative comments people are making against buhari and still vote for him. He deserve a second term in office to finally clean nigerian

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by dangoteinlaw: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
Niggaz be happy for being sad
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by ebby9z(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
You had that experience because YOU HAD previously registered. Do you know what people that are just registering are facing? Is it not the same Alimosho local government that I was told to come by 5am as if I don't have a job or a life?
Please OP don't let me use this annoyance of this pepper that I just finished to vex for you o...

Easy process my foot!
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by mrpeps(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:
INEC really surprised me today. In fact, it all still seemed like a magic to me. Please read on…

I did my registration in 2011 at Owo Local Government, Ondo State. The registration process was about closing so I took time to register even though I knew I won’t come back to vote there (I reside in Lagos). When I learnt I couldn’t register again in 2015, I felt perplexed and just lost interest in the whole process. No way I was going back to Owo to collect my PVC. I barely even know the town and considering time constraint too.

After witnessing what happened at Ekiti elections, I took it upon myself to get my PVC whatever it's going to take. I took time off work today to visit INEC office – Alimosho LGA, Lagos. I went with my voter’s temporal slip, international passport, NIN slip and NYSC credentials (Yeah I took it lol!). I was super prepared for any document they’ll request.

I explained my plight to the official and he said I should verify my details online before proceeding. www. voters. inecnigeria. org (Please mind the way the link was typed). I punched in my details and hoola I saw my previous registration details. He told me to go and print it at a nearby café and submit at the second office.
On submission, the friendly lady brought out a transfer form and filled my details for me. She also brought out the database of all polling centres in Lagos and told me to pick the one nearest to where I reside. I did and she stapled the online print out with the transfer form. I signed beneath the page and she tore the slip for me. That was all

She said I should come back in November with the slip to collect my new PVC. She also said I would be notified via text message when the card is ready.

My joy knew no bounds as I stepped out of INEC office – Alimosho Local Government. I’ve heard a lot about INEC and their slow process but today changed my orientation entirely. I didn’t pay a dime or bribe anybody. It was 100% free. In fact, I didn’t spend up to 15mins.
For as many that are in my shoes, you can now collect your PVC and transfer your polling unit without stress. Please visit the nearest INEC office today to get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria

Good evening everyone,
Please where is Alimosho Local Goverment address i will be free tomorrow too; my registration back then was not complete as i did not get my PVC then
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by tammyboy1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Who knows where i can register for mine around trans Amadi,ph
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obijulius:
Na so!

Sai Buhari
Why wait till November

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by henrybomb(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the info because I registered in rivers while I was serving there, I imagine how I will travel there just to collect PVC
Akby:
INEC really surprised me today. In fact, it all still seemed like a magic to me. Please read on…

I did my registration in 2011 at Owo Local Government, Ondo State. The registration process was about closing so I took time to register even though I knew I won’t come back to vote there (I reside in Lagos). When I learnt I couldn’t register again in 2015, I felt perplexed and just lost interest in the whole process. No way I was going back to Owo to collect my PVC. I barely even know the town and considering time constraint too.

After witnessing what happened at Ekiti elections, I took it upon myself to get my PVC whatever it's going to take. I took time off work today to visit INEC office – Alimosho LGA, Lagos. I went with my voter’s temporal slip, international passport, NIN slip and NYSC credentials (Yeah I took it lol!). I was super prepared for any document they’ll request.

I explained my plight to the official and he said I should verify my details online before proceeding. www. voters. inecnigeria. org (Please mind the way the link was typed). I punched in my details and hoola I saw my previous registration details. He told me to go and print it at a nearby café and submit at the second office.
On submission, the friendly lady brought out a transfer form and filled my details for me. She also brought out the database of all polling centres in Lagos and told me to pick the one nearest to where I reside. I did and she stapled the online print out with the transfer form. I signed beneath the page and she tore the slip for me. That was all

She said I should come back in November with the slip to collect my new PVC. She also said I would be notified via text message when the card is ready.

My joy knew no bounds as I stepped out of INEC office – Alimosho Local Government. I’ve heard a lot about INEC and their slow process but today changed my orientation entirely. I didn’t pay a dime or bribe anybody. It was 100% free. In fact, I didn’t spend up to 15mins.
For as many that are in my shoes, you can now collect your PVC and transfer your polling unit without stress. Please visit the nearest INEC office today to get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by mrstheo(f): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
Please who knows where I can register for Pvc I live in yaba
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by enemmo(f): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
I got this list of registration centres in Lagos from a friend. Hope it helps someone.

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by tenmariner: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
I had a glitch free experience too. Inec to be honest hs improved a lot....
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by itswell1: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
seanfer:
Same Experience i had at the INEC ELeme LGA at Ogale Eleme, Rivers State... But some people will come here and tell us how INEC is Marginalizing them...
Naa pigs fayoshit family complaint as usual
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Arysexy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
OP what is the fate of someone that has lost the TVC, registered in Lagos but now based in Anambra while d PVC is in Lagos? What will I use to transfer d PVC to Anambra as my TVC is gone? I can't travel to lag just because of PVC.

Please I need help on this. I was advised to reregister, but don't want to be caught in double registration wahala.

When i input my name into d Inec website for checking PVC location, I do see mine located at isolo Lagos.

Help a brother, as buhari needs to be voted out by force
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by freshkik(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
lol, this one has not collected he is already praising them,.... smh, Nigerians self, I did mine around april last year, and was told it will be ready in 2/3 months, I still dey wait, but i am not surprised because na so 9ja dey,.... i know when election reach now, it will be ready in light speed.

*Let's not talk about national ID
*To me the only reason Int'l passport is fast, is becos of the payment (and extra 7k/8k on top d official amount of 27k).... bcoz without dat extra payment, your passport ll automatically become difficult to produce, n you go wait
This country is sick

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Rollitout: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

God bless Nigeria

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by meedx: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
very informative. I registered in 2011 while serving in Taraba state. I just logged on the stated website and entered my VIN. Voila, my details appeared.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by 52Naira(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2018
SirLakes:
I geh question about transfering from one local government to another.

I did my registration in a local government very far from where reside.

Now, I've gotten my pvc from where I registered.

My question about transfer:

Will the old pvc be taken from me immediately n be replaced with a temporary slip or will I still have the old pvc with me till when the new one is ready for collection.

Reason why the old one is kinda important right now is that it's the only thing I have as a means of ID.

The NIMC slip i have is useless.

All ye English professor.....Don't mind my grammar grin wink
You will retain the old one until the new one is ready.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by tete7000(m): 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
My problem with inec registration is that it doesn't allow people to vote in places other than where they register. During last election my registration centre was Ibadan while I was in Lagos during the election, so I couldn't vote. I currently reside in Asaba and not sure I will be here during election next year, so why should I bother to register. If inec indeed has a computerized system, why should it matter where one registers?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by seanfer(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Zombies would remain zombies forever....
What are you searching for in the oil rich rivers state??.. Better go back to your TERRORIST OR SKULL MINING region and search for your daily bread.

FYI the company I’m working for is owned by a SW man and we’re creating Employment for the reliable and hard working Citizens of this state...
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by headz(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

After witnessing what happened at Ekiti elections, I took it upon myself to get my PVC whatever it's going to take.....

what happened at Ekiti elections anyway?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by SirLakes: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
52Naira:
You will retain the old one until the new one is ready.
Thank you smiley
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Dainamo: 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
iabdullahi:

Had similar experience.
I don't even have anything to show. All i did was to fill a form and upon my turn, they verified with the biometric. Then other documents were processed for me. It took 10mins.

address please. Really need to get mine.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by koolbe(m): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
U never start o..... I applied for transfer in 2014 and I am yet to get my pvc. My name is in d voter register of my new polling unit but no PVC. Anytime I go they will ask me to come back in 3 months after filling their in incidence form. 2014 till date is 4 yrs

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Chikebranny123(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Asquare84:
My advice to you ignore whatsoever negative comments people are making against buhari and still vote for him. He deserve a second term in office to finally clean nigerians
Wipe out u mean
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by jossy4joseph(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
According to OP ''after witnessing what happened in the Ekiti governorship election''That is to say the main motivation of you OP going to collect your PVC is because you want to use it as a bargain to collect money from politicians during the 2019 general elections. This is indeed shameful.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by MrBigiman: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

God bless Nigeria

I misplaced mine. Any help?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by luvmijeje(f): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the information. I've been looking for opportunity to go to their office for the same reason as yours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governorship Campaign Rally In Funtua, Katsina State (Pictures) / N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders / Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.