Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

My Experience At INEC Office Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At INEC Office Today (28245 Views)

Video Of President Tinubu Heading To The Office Today (Photos) / President Buhari Spotted Working In His Office Today / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by thatigboman: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:
INEC really surprised me today. In fact, it all still seemed like a magic to me. Please read on…

I did my registration in 2011 at Owo Local Government, Ondo State. The registration process was about closing so I took time to register even though I knew I won’t come back to vote there (I reside in Lagos). When I learnt I couldn’t register again in 2015, I felt perplexed and just lost interest in the whole process. No way I was going back to Owo to collect my PVC. I barely even know the town and considering time constraint too.

After witnessing what happened at Ekiti elections, I took it upon myself to get my PVC whatever it's going to take. I took time off work today to visit INEC office – Alimosho LGA, Lagos. I went with my voter’s temporal slip, international passport, NIN slip and NYSC credentials (Yeah I took it lol!). I was super prepared for any document they’ll request.

I explained my plight to the official and he said I should verify my details online before proceeding. www. voters. inecnigeria. org (Please mind the way the link was typed). I punched in my details and hoola I saw my previous registration details. He told me to go and print it at a nearby café and submit at the second office.
On submission, the friendly lady brought out a transfer form and filled my details for me. She also brought out the database of all polling centres in Lagos and told me to pick the one nearest to where I reside. I did and she stapled the online print out with the transfer form. I signed beneath the page and she tore the slip for me. That was all

She said I should come back in November with the slip to collect my new PVC. She also said I would be notified via text message when the card is ready.

My joy knew no bounds as I stepped out of INEC office – Alimosho Local Government. I’ve heard a lot about INEC and their slow process but today changed my orientation entirely. I didn’t pay a dime or bribe anybody. It was 100% free. In fact, I didn’t spend up to 15mins.
For as many that are in my shoes, you can now collect your PVC and transfer your polling unit without stress. Please visit the nearest INEC office today to get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria

wait till november and give us d full gist
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:
INEC really surprised me today. In fact, it all still seemed like a magic to me. Please read on…

I did my registration in 2011 at Owo Local Government, Ondo State. The registration process was about closing so I took time to register even though I knew I won’t come back to vote there (I reside in Lagos). When I learnt I couldn’t register again in 2015, I felt perplexed and just lost interest in the whole process. No way I was going back to Owo to collect my PVC. I barely even know the town and considering time constraint too.

After witnessing what happened at Ekiti elections, I took it upon myself to get my PVC whatever it's going to take. I took time off work today to visit INEC office – Alimosho LGA, Lagos. I went with my voter’s temporal slip, international passport, NIN slip and NYSC credentials (Yeah I took it lol!). I was super prepared for any document they’ll request.

I explained my plight to the official and he said I should verify my details online before proceeding. www. voters. inecnigeria. org (Please mind the way the link was typed). I punched in my details and hoola I saw my previous registration details. He told me to go and print it at a nearby café and submit at the second office.
On submission, the friendly lady brought out a transfer form and filled my details for me. She also brought out the database of all polling centres in Lagos and told me to pick the one nearest to where I reside. I did and she stapled the online print out with the transfer form. I signed beneath the page and she tore the slip for me. That was all

She said I should come back in November with the slip to collect my new PVC. She also said I would be notified via text message when the card is ready.

My joy knew no bounds as I stepped out of INEC office – Alimosho Local Government. I’ve heard a lot about INEC and their slow process but today changed my orientation entirely. I didn’t pay a dime or bribe anybody. It was 100% free. In fact, I didn’t spend up to 15mins.
For as many that are in my shoes, you can now collect your PVC and transfer your polling unit without stress. Please visit the nearest INEC office today to get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria

Pls rejoice only wen u get ur pvc.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by dbynonetwork: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
seanfer:

FYI the company I’m working for is owned by a SW man and we’re creating Employment for the reliable and hard working Citizens of this state...

Lol...... Reliable and hard working indeed.....
Let me reserve my comment bro... All your post are directed toward a particular section of this country...

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
seanfer:
Same Experience i had at the INEC ELeme LGA at Ogale Eleme, Rivers State... But some people will come here and tell us how INEC is Marginalizing them...

Have u finally collected ur pvc?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Rockstar07: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hang in there with your joyful Testimony.

You’ve not collected your PVC yet. By 2023 Election, they’ll tell to fill the form again and issue you similar acknowledgment Slip. Mark today’s down
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by LarryBeryl(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
oshe11:
I'm still with my TVC since 2011

The frustration pass Buhari Foolishness

Go to our website at incenigeria.org check the status of your card. If it's available ask for the plastic or request for an omission form if not available
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by kalvoken(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

God bless Nigeria

where in alimosho!

a friend of mine did his but couldn't access it online.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by penearth(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
APC HATERS NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT FROM THEIR TEST. GOOD AND TRANSPARENT INEC HATE IS NOW FOLLOWED. GOD pls help
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Akby(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
kalvoken:

where in alimosho!
a friend of mine did his but couldn't access it online.
Ikotun bus stop... Ask anybody for Local Government address
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Akby(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
MrBigiman:

I misplaced mine. Any help?
INEC office can explain better
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Akby(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
mrpeps:

Good evening everyone,
Please where is Alimosho Local Goverment address i will be free tomorrow too; my registration back then was not complete as i did not get my PVC then

Ikotun bus stop... Just ask anybody around - Alimosho local Government
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by MrBigiman: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

INEC office can explain better
You have their phone number?
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Akby(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
MrBigiman:

You have their phone number?

At all sir
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by kolaish(m): 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2018
booblacain:
I was at the same Alimosho branch last week by 12 noon and I saw people that collected their numbers and have been waiting there as early as 5 am. I was told by one of the people waiting that they only give number to 70 people a day and that I have to come as early as 4:30 am if I want to receive a number. he said he was number 40.

the op probably got processed that quickly because he has registered before and his name is already in the system. those complaining about delays are mostly people trying to register for the first time or those that want to collect the card itself.
You are right on point. Let the Op keep deceiving himself. Must it take this long to collect a PVC in Nigeria, what is so special about PVC that one cannot register and collect the card in an hours time or is the process more cumbersome than opening a bank account.

I was at Akinyele Local Government in Ibadan around 1 p.m this afternoon and after waiting for an hour to get a form, I was told to come as early as 6 am the following morning to first of all collect number and that the people they are answering now are those that collect no in the morning.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by EnaibeSam: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
And the thief in Warri here (Uvwie LG) is extorting people that they must do affidavit or pay 1k before they could do transfer.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by kurt09(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

God bless Nigeria

I did mine since June 2017. I'm still waiting for PVC. Though they have moved my polling unit from Benue to my present state. I have collected my TVC. Thanks.
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by LKO(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
EnaibeSam:
And the thief in Warri here (Uvwie LG) is extorting people that they must do affidavit or pay 1k before they could do transfer.

Really? U don't need affidavit to do voters transfer. I did mine last year November at Udu LG, without stress, transfered from Oyo State to Udu, Delta State. Sadly, I have not collected the PVC, went there last week, was told to check back between September to November.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by LKO(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Arysexy:
OP what is the fate of someone that has lost the TVC, registered in Lagos but now based in Anambra while d PVC is in Lagos? What will I use to transfer d PVC to Anambra as my TVC is gone? I can't travel to lag just because of PVC.

Please I need help on this. I was advised to reregister, but don't want to be caught in double registration wahala.

When i input my name into d Inec website for checking PVC location, I do see mine located at isolo Lagos.

Help a brother, as buhari needs to be voted out by force

Log into INEC website, input your name, state of registration and date of birth, it would display your data, print it out, that serve as your TVC. Take it to INEC office in your preferred local govt in Anambra State and apply for voters transfer. It is easy. The deadline is August 17.

http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Arysexy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
LKO:

Log into INEC website, input your name, state of registration and date of birth, it would display your data, print it out, that serve as your TVC. Take it to INEC office in your preferred local govt in Anambra State and apply for voters transfer. It is easy. The deadline is August 17.

http://voterreg.inecnigeria.org

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Sheungbengar(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
Akby:

God bless Nigeria

Abeegi jhoor... its not always so stress-free in all states... I was @ INEC office, Ilorin.. the centre @ Ipata Oloje... nigga t was *BullShit* I was forced to just go... if I am chanced to do it b4 August 17th somewia else, so be it
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by faithchubby93(f): 12:05am On Jul 20, 2018
please where can I register for PVC in Benin city... please help
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by seanfer(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Have u finally collected ur pvc?

Yes i have collected Mine... Because i Registered in October
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Today by Ken4agent(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
tete7000:
My problem with inec registration is that it doesn't allow people to vote in places other than where they register. During last election my registration centre was Ibadan while I was in Lagos during the election, so I couldn't vote. I currently reside in Asaba and not sure I will be here during election next year, so why should I bother to register. If inec indeed has a computerized system, why should it matter where one registers?

U just spoke my mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: Wole Soyinka Pays Tribute / Umahi Orders Engineers To Commence Work At Akadoro Bridge / Stop Wishing Nigeria Fails Because Your Candidate Is Not President – Laycon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.