Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,219 members, 7,780,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:47 PM

My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today (723 Views)

See what I saw At a PVC Collection Centre ( Shocking Photo) / Unbelievable: See What I Saw At A PVC Collection Centre Today (photo) / Dr Bukola Saraki Sparks PVC registration conversation on Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
Before I begin, allow me state here that I'd attrnpted severally to get my PVC without success. This is because registration centres keep getting inactive. Last month Taxify.ng organised a PVC challenge where they gave discounted rides to people to enable them get their PVC. They also brought out several locations where the registration was being done. This was excellent. But the trouble was that registrations happened at most of those centres maybe once or twice before the officials stopped coming.

Now, from the time the registration process started till date, I've had to excuse myself from work in order to go get registered...been to 5 dormant centres. Today, I had to take it upon myself to go to the "headquarters" (LSPEB Model School @Marwa Lekki) which is very far from where I live. Sadly, on getting there, after waiting for quite a while, I was told that they were no longer attending to persons who are trying to start the registration for the very first time. One of the officials was so "kind enough" to explain to me that there had been a ruckus much earlier where people forced themselves through the gate. So, everyone had to be dismissed and only those who successfully got numbered were asked to return the following day. I heard that lots of them had been at the centre as early as 5am... He got my name and phone number and asked that I return the following day.

But this is how my sixth attempt fell through, yet another day wasted ...not achieving what I set out for. I'm very much tempted to believe that there's only one functional registration centre on the island. Why does getting a Voter's card have to be so stressful, though?
Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
its only hard here in the south,take a stroll up north and see how easy it is to get it.even d physically challenged ones dat are begging on the street have theirs...
they are trying to frustrate we southerners and our politicians are doing nothing abt it

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
That's the price you have to pay for being a Southerner. You would be surprised to know the number of kids with permanent voter cards in the north. Same applies to getting a loan from the Bank of Industry (BOI), grants from CBN, admission into higher institutions, etc. The process is never the same.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by luvmijeje(f): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
Registration shouldn't be this hard. INEC should please buckle up.
Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
luvmijeje:
Registration shouldn't be this hard. INEC should please buckle up.

It's sad really.
Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
its only hard here in the south,take a stroll up north and see how easy it is to get it.even d physically challenged ones dat are begging on the street have theirs...
they are trying to frustrate we southerners and our politicians are doing nothing abt it

At some point, I wanted to give up on the mission entirely. But I know that's the plan...to discourage many people from getting their PVC, thereby rendering them incapable of voting.
Re: My Experience At A PVC Registration Centre Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Acidosis:

That's the price you have to pay for being a Southerner. You would be surprised to know the number of kids with permanent voter cards in the north. Same applies to getting a loan from the Bank of Industry (BOI), grants from CBN, admission into higher institutions, etc. The process is never the same.

Quite unfair...

(1) (Reply)

Killings In Nigeria Planned – Dickson Explodes / PDP Now Controls Both Houses Of Parliament / BREAKING: Saraki Leads Senators To Ekweremadu’s Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.