Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

The contract - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136799 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by Wonderz1: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2018
More ink to your pen and more strenght
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2018
amen...good morning nd tenk you all for ur comments..it means a lot
Re: The contract by Rockyrascal(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Thank you marvel for dedicating your time and energy towards this literature piece.
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
he was relaxing on the sofa when a call came in,the caler was unknown he picked it and heard the voice of a female on the other end
"hello please who is this?
"hello richard its me comfort,we met yesterday in a supermarket"then he remembered everything.
"oh sorry i totally forgot to save your number but i will save it "
"alright.i called because i told my family everything and they are eager to meet you.will tomorrow be okay?"he scratched his head as he wasnt sure of how his schedule was going to look like the following day
"am sorry comfort.am not sure how my schedule is going to be like tomorrow,so i cant make any guurantees,but i assure you that i will call once i see my schedule"
"when will that be?"
"my secretary will send it to me through fax so once i see it i will get back to you.am really sorry"
"i understand that you are a busy man.so i will be expecting your call"
"alright thanks for your understanding"
"bye"she hanged up while he also pressed the red button.he dropped the phone beside him and continued with what he was doing...

MR ANTHONY
he sat in front of his family doctor as he did his usuall check up of checking his bp and other stuffs,after this he drew his blood,and put it inside a tray.when he was satisfied he sat down beside him.
"so when should i be expecting the results even though we all know what the results is going to be,still am curious"
"of course.come by 3pm tomorrow and the results will be ready by then"
"alright"he stood up and bade him farewell...*****

the next day he was very nervous even though he knew what the results was going to be,but he hoped a miracle was going to happen.he drove into the compound of the hospital.after coming down from his car he headed straight to the doctors office.he was not in at that moment but he met a nurse who was kind enough to tell him that he was performing a sugery which was an emergency.he decided to wait for him.he sat and made himself comfortable while he waited for him.
he just finished performing a surgery which was successful,a man had been hit by a stray bullet and it was God that saved him,he would have died on the spot if not for passerby who decided to help him and take him to the hospital.a female nurse approached him
"sir,mr anthony has arrived and he is waiting for you"
"alright"after delivering the message the female nurse went her own way.he still couldnt believe it when he saw the results of the test,he was still in shock.he was a believer but in some cases his faith always melts.he quickly hurried so as not to keep him waiting.
he opened the door and met him sitting.immediately he sighted him,he turned
"doctor i have been waiting since.what happened?"
"am sorry chief i was performing a surgery so thats why you didnt meet me"
"its alright.is the result ready?"he saw the confused look on the doctors face and wondered was the result that bad
"yes sir the result is ready.i dont know how to explain this because even me dont even understand"
"is it that bad?"he brought out a sheet of paper and gave it to him gently
"according to the results it says you are clean"he looked at the doctor not understanding a word he was saying
"i dont understand you doctor.clean how?"
"i will say this is a miracle,because everthing is brand new.your liver.its working perfectly.so am happy to tell you that you are cancer free"he unfolded the paper and looked carefully,tears began to gather in his eyes,when he could not hold it in he let it drop wetting the paper in his hands.his prayers had been answered,he was going to live longer.he stood up and hugged the doctor as he cried like a baby.
"thank you doctor"was all he could say.he withdrew and wiped his tears with his handkerchief.he folded the paper and put it inside his pocket.his wife was going to be overjoyed.he bade the doctor bye and rushed to his car.even the driver could feel the strange aura.he began singing songs of praises as they drove towards home********TBC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by mychiveous(f): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2018
Trouble don tie wrapper for Richard. Now that his father inlaw is not dieing anymore, let see how long he will be able to pretend that he loves Cathrene

2 Likes

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
I know this will happen...

I pity for this contract..
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
See God ooo, miracle papa.

lobatan, no more going back for Richard and cat..

chai, I pity Sandra oooo,

...................INTERMISSION..........................

OP tanks a lot for the update,, jah bless oooo

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
amen...thank you all
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2018
MR ANTHONY
he came down majestically from the car,the car hd just entered into the compound.he began to sing and dance while the gateman and the driver wondered what was wrong with the man.he continued dancing and singing till he entered into the house.mrs anthony heard the voice of her husband from inside the bedroom and wondered what was going on.she looked on as she look at her husband dancing.what good news could make her husband to be dancing this much?since all their 25 years of living together she hd never seen him this happy ,she moved closer to him and tapped him gentle
"honey,whats wrong?"he stopped immediately,brought out the paper from his pocket and gave it to her,she wondered whta was written in the paper as she unfolded it and scanned through the content.all this while he continued dancing and singing praises to God.when she read it,she knelt down and began giving thanks to God as tears of joy began to flow.after she was through she stood up and they embraced.now words were not necessary as they both cried in each other arms.it was an unbelievable moment in their lives.amidst tears he managed to say
"thank you my wife for all this years of staying with me and for also supporting me even though you just learned i had cancer.you will always be my jewel"he kissed her and she returned it.after they disengaged he brought out his phone and dialed catherines number*****

CATHERINE
catherine looked at her phone which was ringing and saw her dad as the caller i.d.she picked it
"hello dad"
"helo my daughter.where re you"she could notice his voice was hoarse and wondered if he was alright
"dad are you alright?.why is your voice like that?"
"can you and your husband come over to my house right now?"
"dad is everthing alright."
"you will know when you get here"
"alright.she hanged up and quickly rushed to richards room.she knocked twice before he opened the door.
"richard,i dont know whats going on,my dad just called now and he wants both of us to come over"
"now!"
"yes"
"did he say anything?"
"no,but his voice sounded hoarse"
"alright.just give me some minutes and i will be ready"he closed the door wile she went to her room to dress up******TBC

4 Likes

Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
Thanks OP

Now the Contract has taken another dimension
Re: The contract by francium001: 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
The contract is now a 'life contract'

1 Like

Re: The contract by seuncyber(m): 12:55am On Aug 31, 2018
Omg see gobe

He don set

Nice one marvel15

This story should make fp
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2018
Oya,

OP tanks a lot for the update joor,, ur head is there mehn
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2018
good morning everyone..i hope u all had a great night rest

1 Like

Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2018
B4 I answer you , give me break fast am hungry.
marvel15:

1 Like

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2018
marvel15:
Yes ke, we all are bouncing in the Lord.

My fellow readers in the house i'm suggesting we nominate Marvel15 for next month (September) 5k best writer award, as our own little way of encouraging his ministry grin

cc Rockyrascal, pacifust058,Ann2012,francium001,Skubido,Mokoh,Olafimix,Chisludeh,Ayo5991,Eagle1990,Aystarz,Aaspot,pale105,Nogodye,marychommy,Dholyboy,surrey2Bimshire,Seuncyber,donteanz,rukiadanty, jattopeter, nastynic, omamush, oyinella,M003, Yawngdee, lightqueen projones,Sirnumerouno, seveen,,Geogeisco2007, mychivious etc. Marvel15 we need more food biko!

6 Likes

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 11:08am On Aug 31, 2018
am blushing..wot an honour it is for you guyz to consider me am so happy..and grateful..to show my gratitude just gve me 15 minutes or there about i will update..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2018
RICHARD
he pressed the horn when he got to the gate,he took a glance at catherine who was shaking after she received the call from her dad,maybe the time has come.the gateman opened the gate and he drove in,they both got down from the car and went inside.they met both the husband and wife seated immediately they saw them come in they stood up and welcomed them.he couldnt hold his happiness as he told her daughter what God has done
"my daughter,the lord has done it"she looked at him confused
"what has the lord done daddy?"he summoned the courage and began to talk
"i went to do my usuall check.the one i do every three months.so the results came out today and i was told i was cancer free".she couldnt believe her ears.mr anthony seeing the disbelieve in her eyes gave her the results and she hurriedly scanned through it.there it was written bodly that he was perfectly fine,she had always heard about miracles happening to people but this was the first time she was witnessing it.she didnt know when tears began to drop.she hugged her dad and they cried in each other arms.
richard stood there not knowing what to do or say has so many thoughts was going on in his mind.what will happen now that mr anthony was well?.if the family found out about the deal how will they feel?.worst still he didnt know how they were going to react.what if he was jailed.that will be a disaster.he watched as everyone including her mom did a bear hug,mr anthony waved at him to come also and they all hugged...he was sure that trouble lies ahead if they dont find a solution to their problem...TBC
when they got home later that night after gisting and laughing,it was 11pm in the night.she could guess what richard was thinking but it was already late in the night,so she didnt want to talk about it.she also had developed an headache from too much thinking.
"cat we need to talk"
"yeah,but not tonight,we will talk tomorrow"
"the earlier the better cat,you and i both know that its just a matter of time before everything is revealed.am very happy that your dad finally came around.but you know i will be the one to suffer the most if it gets revealed.i might end up in jail"
"am trying to think of a way out but nothing is coming thats why i said we should wait till tomorrow."
"alright"
"am going to bed good night"he responded and relaxed as he continued in his brooding,he was sure there is only two ways the whole scenerio was going to end..its either they found out or they other way which he hoped wouldnt happen...that is both of them falling in love..he wasnt ready to make any commitment...his ringing brought him out of his reverie..it was comfort he sighed.contemplating whether to pick or not he later picked it.
"hello comfort"
"hello richard,am sorry for calling late but i wanted to find out...he didnt let her finish before cutting in
"3pm tomorrow,send me the adress and i will be there by 3pm"
"thank you so much.i will text the adress once i drop this call"
"alright.see you tommorrow"he quickly hanged up without getting a reply.after some minutes he got the adress through text....he felt dizzy,sleep was rolling into his eyes.he stood up and went inside his room to avoid sleeping on the sofa..TBC

5 Likes

Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2018
Noted!!!

izaray:
Yes ke, we all are bouncing in the Lord.

My fellow readers in the house i'm suggesting we nominate Marvel15 for next month (September) 5k best writter award, as our own little way of encouraging his ministry grin

cc Rockyrascal, pacifust058,Ann2012,francium001,Skubido,Mokoh,Olafimix,Chisludeh,Ayo5991,Eagle1990,Aystarz,Aaspot,pale105,Nogodye,marychommy,Dholyboy,surrey2Bimshire,Seuncyber,donteanz,rukiadanty, jattopeter, nastynic, omamush, oyinella,M003, Yawngdee, lightqueen projones,Sirnumerouno, seveen,,Geogeisco2007, mychivious etc. Marvel15 we need more food biko!

1 Like

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
More ink to your pen OP.

Surely trouble lies ahead of Richard. Is either he pretentiously transcend this contract to a life contract or............ To Find out in next updates....

Marvel15... Please do serve us launch.
Re: The contract by Friyoski(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
Pls post before midnight ooo
Re: The contract by pweetymhi(f): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
U are both stuck together, no going away

1 Like

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
I smell trouble here!

1 Like

Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Thanks for the update, keep it flowing
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
I smell a rat. Wahala dy.
Re: The contract by rahman25: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
Speechless but i really know that he will pull it through

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
CHAPTER ELEVEN
RICHARD
he got inside his car,it was almost 3pm he was sure they would be waiting for him.he drove out of the premises and got into the main road,
after about 20 minutes he got the house,he double checked just to be sure of the adress when he was convinced he knocked the gate..a man with pot belly opened the door,he looked at him from head to toe.
"please who are you looking for?
"am looking for miss comfort,i think she lives here"the man looked at him again
"and who are you?"
"my name is richard and i have an appointment with her,tell her am here"he closed the gate back and went inside,after about five minutes,the door gate opened and comfort came out
"oh..mr richard am so sorry.everyone has been waiting for you"she ordered the gateman and he opened the gate he drove in and came down.the house was beautiful especially the way it was built.she ushered him inside.the house was beautiful with beautiful paintings hung on the wall.he stood there while comfort adressed them
"ladies and getlemen and happy to announce to you that the person we all have been waiting for is finally here.his name is richard"she turned to richard.."richard meet my family."she showed him her dad and mom the couple both gave him a warm hugg.mr arowosegbe talked first
"mr richard,am very grateful for the help you rendered to our family,me particularly has been waiting to meet you and express my gratitude,today is finally the day,so i want to thank you so much.because of you our family is not in mourning right now.thank you so much"he hugged him and sat down.mrs arowosegbe stood up
"my son,i cant thank you enough,because of your kindness i didnt mourn over her,she is the apple of my eye.so i pray that your parents wont cry over you in jesus name"he said an amen..so on behalf of my entire family we all thank you."he was begining to get tired as he wanted to get out of there quickly but he had to endure it.he was served soft drinks and was asked if he would eat but he said no..while the gisting was on.he told them he was going.mr arowosegbe made a move to convince him to stay but he couldnt
"i wish i could stay sir,but i have a lot of work waiting for me,so am very sorry"
"alright,since you are in a hurry,i will just give you a gift"he brought two envelopes and gave it to him.he opened it one was a car key and the other a cheque of 5million naira.he was shocked!what am i supposed to do with this kind of money.he was confused.the looked at the brand new bentley 2017 model.he didnt know what to say?
"sir,this is too much"
"i dont want you to feel burdened by the gift,this is just a token to show our gratitude."
"alright sir"he bade them farewell and entered his own car,while mr arowosegbe ordered one of his drivers to drive the car to his residence.....TBC

3 Likes

Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
Richard don hammer oooo
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: The contract by francium001: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
If na me be Richard now to hell with Catherine and the contract.
Re: The contract by seuncyber(m): 1:08am On Sep 01, 2018
2017 Bentley wawu
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 1:51am On Sep 01, 2018
Wow wow wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.