Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

The contract - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136762 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by Ennyolah: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nice write-up,nice storyline.keep up the great work and pls try to look-out for some errors cox it is becoming too obvious.Best of luck in your exam
Re: The contract by kdavid07(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oga ur update wan turn indian film o. no b so u start am na

2 Likes

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2018
good morning..guyz sorry the updates are not forthcoming as usuall i have been very busy with a lot of stuff and to let you know my result is out and by Gods grace i did well..i pray when they offering people admission i will be among those who would be offered admission..thanks for your comments..and dont forget to vote for me

5 Likes

Re: The contract by famopompy(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2018
success is your in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: The contract by teebee22(f): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2018
@marvel15 congrats. you sure will get admission.

1 Like

Re: The contract by Amos15: 11:02am On Sep 22, 2018
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: The contract by Damtola(f): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
Congrats. You wil gain admission.
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
CATHERINE
she heard that richard mother had come to check up on him,she was very happy and hoped dat when she gets to the hospital she would be there.it as so unfortunate that after so many years that the woman hd not seen her soon,to meet him in such position must be very heartbreaking.she was about going out when her mother came out from her bedroom.she smiled and knelt down on sighting her

"good morning mom"

"good morning my daughter.where are you going early in the morning"

"am going to be hospital.mom do you realise its 7am."

"of course i know,there is something i would like to discuss with you"

"now?"she checked her wristwatch.alright.i think i have about thirty minutes"she sat down on the big setee while her mom sat close to her

"my daughter,your dad told me to ask you when will you return back to work?she heaved a sigh

"mom,i understand,but i want to relax and take care of myself and the doctor said i should not do any hard work"

"of course,but all you need to do is just supervise,you dont need to get involved,the reason been that it will make the staffs on their toes and do their job properly.its no hard work at all"

"alright mom.i will think about it"

"thank you my daughter"she stood up..

"is that all?"

"yes."she took her car keys and headed outside while her mom followed behind

"please be careful on the road,dont overspeed"

"of course,dont worry"she opened the door and entered.she switched on the ignition and drove out as her mother watched

when she got to the hospital she met a woman whom she suspected must be his mother sitting by his bedside.she smiled as she approached her

"good morning ma"she turned to look at who was greeting her,the face was unfamiliar

"good morning,am sorry but i dnt know you"

"am your sons wife"her eyes widened in surprise.

"ohh..i didnt know he is married.there is a lot i have missed about him.and how did you know am his mother?"

"well,when i came in i could see the striking resemblance and moreso he talks about you all the time."

"well i must say that my son got a good wife."

"thank you ma"she took a chair and sat beside her as they both gisted.then suddenly catherine noticed richards hand moving,she wasnt sure whether she was seeing correctly,she looked again and his hand moved again,she quickly stood up while his mom wondered what was wrong,she moved to him and saw his eyes wide open.

"richard,can you hear me??its me catherine"he just looked and said no word,catherine was moved to tears as she couldnt believe her hears.she quickly ran and called the doctor.when he came he examined him.

"well i must say this is a miracle but we will have to observe him closely and see if there is any problem and tomorrow we will run some tests."

"thank you doctor"she was moved to tears while the doctor went out.she sat very close to him and held his hand.she didnt even notice her phone was ringing it had rang five times and she was not aware,she checked the caller it was her mom,she quickly called her back,she picked at the first ring

"my daughter,i have been calling you since what happened?"

"am sorry mom,i didnt know it was ringing"

"alright.so how is he?has his condition changed in any way"

"mom,he just woke up some minutes ago"

"really!!"

"yes.am so happy mom"

"waoh...thats great news."

"indeed mom"

"give me some minutes and i will be there with you shortly"

"alright mom"she hanged up....TBC

5 Likes

Re: The contract by kayode69(m): 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
Waow! i didnt expect this update coming tonight...nice one bro
Re: The contract by Favouritetega(f): 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
at last... Richard is back

1 Like

Re: The contract by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2018
grin
Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 7:25am On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The contract by famopompy(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks for the update.
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The contract by francium001: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
I have a feeling that Catherine's mother or father and Richard's mother had a thing in the past but don't know if it will favour the marriage/contract.

¤JUST MY PREDICTION THOUGH¤
Re: The contract by chrizbrain(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
@Marvel bravo to u bro. its been awesome following this story. thanx 4 the update, more grace to ya undiluted wisdom
Re: The contract by Nemi64(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
One is love the other is Obsession
Re: The contract by Peterdrumz(m): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
wow finally I'm here. ops you are the best but you need to check your spellings. also on behalf of everybody following this wonderful story we say thank you more Grace

2 Likes

Re: The contract by chiefLopes(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dis story is going de Indian telenovela way............d nxt tin we go hear sey Richard loose im memory......
Re: The contract by Favouritetega(f): 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
chiefLopes:
Dis story is going de Indian telenovela way............d nxt tin we go hear sey Richard loose im memory......

Exactly... what am thinking

1 Like

Re: The contract by ouzo1(m): 3:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Richard u for no wake up o, pregnant women full everywhere
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2018
the reason the story seems kind of long is because i dont want to rush so dats why am taing it slow..i hope you are enjoying the story..good morning..updates coming soon
Re: The contract by rukidanty: 7:32am On Sep 25, 2018
marvel15:
the reason the story seems kind of long is because i dont want to rush so dats why am taing it slow..i hope you are enjoying the story..good morning..updates coming soon
yes o but rush it please so we can enjoy it very well

1 Like

Re: The contract by skubido(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2018
marvel15:

over enjoy self dey worry us.

tanks man
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2018
she entered into the hospital trying to catch her breath her joy new no bounds when she heard her son-in-law had regained consciousness.if someone said she was happy it was an understatement she was overwhelmed.she moved to his bedside and smiled at him and richard in turn smiled back even though he asnt able to talk,it was obvious he was very weak

"richard am so happy that you are back with us.i was very worried about you"she noticed his hand moving and she held it in her hands.she was happy indeed.catherine and richards mother just looked in silence,when she was done she almost forgot that a strange woman was sitting by the other side of his bed.cathrine whispered some things in her ears.she was able to get who the woman was..

"am so sorry maam,i didnt know who you were,forgive my manners"

"i understand,am guessing you are her mother"she pointed at catherine and she nodded in the affirmative.

"well its nice meeting you,and i want to also congratulate you on finding your son"

"thank you so much and i must say that you have a really good daughter and i must say my son married a good wife."

"thank you so much."

"i am so happy that my son is in good hands.and thank you so much for taking care of him"

"dont mention"she was very happy that richard had finally meet his mother which he believed was dead but God had different plans for him and now they were now reunited,it was such a special bond which a mother and his children share,she couldnt imagined how she was going to live if something happened to catherine,it would be a total disaster..

emeka heard what happened to richard from sandra and he decided to visit him in the evening,he bought bouquet of flowers on his way as a gift,when he got there he met catherine sitting beside him.

"good evening maam"

"emeka good evening."

"i just heard what happened and i decided to come visit"

"thank you emeka.am sorry to say he is sleeping at the moment and the doctor said he needs rest"

"of course,i brought some flowers and i hope he gets well soon,and make sure you tell him i came by to say hello"

"of course i will"emeka dropped the flower beside him and looked at rcihard who was fast asleep he felt sorry for him but he did a short prayer for his quick recovery.he bade her farewell and went out...

so many weeks passed and richard was gradually getting better he was now able to talk,eat and do other things that he wasnt able to do before,he was very happy when he saw his mother and from then on their bond began to get stronger as they gisted and laughed together everyday,catherine was a little bit jeaulous but she understood that it been long since he saw richard this happy.and she was glad.that fateful afternoon his mother just left after she promised to come back later.he and catherine needed to talk and he was scared on how she was going to take the whole thing but he needed to summon courage and say it.

"cat.i think we need to talk"that took her by surprise she dropped the newspaper and drew her chair closer to him.she also had been expecting it

"talk about what richard"

"am sure you know what we need to talk about"

"alright.am listening"

"i have thought about this carefully and i think we should make our marriage contract real.i love you catherine not because you are carrying my baby but because i love for who you are.it started when we went to paris for our honeymoon,the days we went spent was one of the best days in my life,that was the day i knew you were my life partner.we have been through a lot together and you have been by me in this my difficults moment.i have always tried to convince mself over and over again that this is just a contract nothing more,so i resisted
Vehemently the idea that was running through my head but the more i resisted the more it got deeper.i really want to know your take on this,its understandable if you dont feel the same way i do"catherine heaved a sigh of relief,just what she had been waiting for all this while

"i heard all what you said,its not like i dont have feelings for you,i do.it was in paris that i also knew but am scared"

"of what?"

"not what who?"

"you mean sandra"

"yes,am scared because i dont know how she is going to react to this"

"i understand what you are saying,but dnt worry i will take care of her so that she wont be an hindrance"

"sure,but i will withhold my answer till you sort out everything with her"

"thank you."he was now relieved haven said all he wanted to say,he relaxed back on the bed...TBC

5 Likes

Re: The contract by Ann2012(f): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2018
At last....
I just pray Sandra won't be an hindrance to this found love

Thanks for the update Marvel15
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2018
am sure you my esteemed readers will be aware that this literary piece is reaching its end...just few chapters to go and i will wrap it up
Re: The contract by christheair(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2018
My man with dis ur story eeh, u really deserve accolades. Wehdone sir�

1 Like

Re: The contract by Damtola(f): 10:05am On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=marvel15 post=71507402]am sure you my esteemed readers will be aware that this literary piece is reaching its end...just few chapters to go and i will wrap it up[/
Wow, thanks for d update more grace to ur elbow and we are anticipating for more
Re: The contract by izaray(f): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2018
Well done Op
Re: The contract by rukidanty: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2018
marvel15:
am sure you my esteemed readers will be aware that this literary piece is reaching its end...just few chapters to go and i will wrap it up
we are aware of that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.