Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

The contract - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136757 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2018
More ink to your pen, God bless you!

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
thank you and God bless you all
Re: The contract by ChykeBivins(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2018
Polish your craft uncle.. Haven't started reading but have started noticing irregularities/inconsistencies.. A tip...Be particular about your tenses, punctuations et Al. .If you do, you'd be fine..

1 Like

Re: The contract by Aystarz: 7:26am On Jul 31, 2018
ChykeBivins:
Polish your craft uncle.. Haven't started reading but have started noticing irregularities/inconsistencies.. A tip...Be particular about your tenses, punctuations et Al. .If you do, you'd be fine..

Take this honest criticism, Marvel. It would do you a whole world of good.
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2018
what irregularity bro.can u be more specific??thanks

1 Like

Re: The contract by SirNumeroUno: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Nice job you're doing here. You can do better by adding more dynamics, suspense, diversification, in fact unpredictability so to speak. Also please watch your use of "her" for him it's confusing your guy. One love.

4 Likes

Re: The contract by Aaspot: 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
thank brodas for ur comment i appreciate a lot..next update coming soon

2 Likes

Re: The contract by Rockyrascal(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel nice and interesting story, am anticipating for the next update.
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
CHAPTER SIX
finally the date for the wedding was decided on after so many deliberations.11,12 and 13 of the month of september.exactly one month.ricchard was staring at the well printed and decorated invitation card.why is her family making the wedding big unnecesarily.he was dumbfounded when he saw the list of people that were been invited,maybe he should back out before its too late.but that will only make him lose face.her mother was going to great lenghts to see to the success of the wedding.there was nothing he could do now.it was already too late.he was shaked out from his reverie by his friend emeka.he was holding the invitation card.shock clearly written over his face.he seems confused
"what is it emeka?"
"i should be the one asking that question.what re you thinking? Are you even thinking at all?"
"whats that supposed to mean emeka"
he waved the invitation card in the air."you explain this to me.something is going on that you are not telling me.now i am ready to liten to whatever it is and offer you a solution as your friend"
"did i tell you something is going on?.whaever questions you have that sums it up."pointing at the i.v in his hands,he was clearly not satisfied with the answer and he knew emeka never gives up until he sees to the root of it all.
"you must think am a fool.some months weeks ago didnt you tell me that the girl you met at the museum named sandra.who you have been trying to woo,didnt you tell me that she agreed to date you.so how do you plan to explain this"
"i will tell.but its not what you think sincerely.you cant understand"
"then make me understand.how can you be so heartless,have you evem told her"he kept quiet.sandra doesnt dserve all this.at least he should have told her but he was acting like a coward.
"i will tell her when its time"
"just do it between today and tomorrow ,she deseves to know or else i will tell her myself"
"dont try that.okay i will tell her myself"
"better."he looked at the i.v and tucked it inside his pocket and stormed out of the room.he was sure something was going on and he was going to get to the root of it all......TBC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2018
Awww..Too short bro!

Thanks for the update!
Re: The contract by Rockyrascal(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
OP Thanks for the update.
Re: The contract by pale105: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lovely story..... Pls increase ur update.... It's too short.

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
SANDRA
she wasnt sure what was wrong with richard these past few weeks.he has been too busy not having anythime for me.she always thought it was because of the heavy workload by his boss but it was more than that.she noticed her phone was vibrating she checked the caller it was richard.just right on time...she picked the call
"hello richard"
"hello sandra,please i need to see you today or tomorrow,we need to talk"
"talk?"
"i know you must be wondering what is been wrong with me this past few days.i have all the answers to it and am ready to tell you evrything without hidding anything"
"alright,when?"
"maybe after work.call me if you will be able to meet me"
"okay."
"just remember that you always in my heart,come what may?"
"alright.talk to you later"she hanged up without even waiting for a reply,she was glad that he was now ready to talk.she continued with her work,even though not all her mind was not there...
CATHERINE
for the past three days now she has been receiving calls from her friends and extended family wishing her good luck in her marriage,it felt real even though she knew it was only a show.her uncle called her and promised her some money to help with the preparations.the wedding was fast approaching now.plans for the venue,drinks the food and other stuffs were going as planned since it was a contract catherine shouldered the financial burden.she was in her office one afternoon when she heard a knock.she wondered who could be at the door
"please come in"the door slowing opened revealing her best friend emelia who ahd been in the states for only God knows how long.she was elegant and sexy,she was wearing a blue jump suit and she looked beautiful.she was her childhood freind they attended the same primary and secondary school before she went to the united states to study law as her university course and surprisingly enough,she came out on top of her class .she couldnt hold her excitement as she stood up and threw herself on her,if not that she had stamina both of them would probably be on the ground.
"i cant believe this.when did you arrive?"
"i arrived five days ago,i heard from my parents that you were getting married,so i told myself there is no way i will miss your wedding.congratulations my sister"she hugged her once again.
"thank you dear,well i guess i just found my best lady.i have been looking for who to do that but i havent seen so you came right on time
"it would be an honour to be your best lady.and may i ask who is the lucky man?"she forced a smile so that her friend wont know that there was something going on.
"would you like to meet him?
"is he working here?"
"yeah"
"of course"she picked her phone and called her.after dropping the call she cat down while she also sat in front of her.
"he is on his way and he will soon be here"few seconds after a knock came,followed by the door opening and richard entering.he noticed the stranger whowas sitted.
"sorry i disturbed you love..this is my best friend emelia,she just came in from u.s.a.she will be my best lady."richard quickly got the message when she reffered to him as 'love'.he came closer to her and they both shook hands.while exchanging pleasantries.he was handsome no doubt..
"you are a very lucky man,preparing to get married to my friend"
"i should be the one saying that.since she came into my life,everything has changed,her love has transformed my life.i am the lucky one."emelia giggled as he said those words.
"i hope i get a guy who loves me sincerely like you do"
"dont worry,.love will find you wen its time."
"thank you.if you dont mind i would like to get back to work."
"of course you should.it was nice meeting you"
"same here"he gave cat a peck which she didnt expect and went out
"what a wonderful guy you have there"
"thank you my friend.so what would you like take?"
"dont worry,am fine."
"alright"she drooped the landline and faced her friend,as they continued gisting and chatting..***TBC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The contract by izaray(f): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Nice update Marvel thanks!

1 Like

Re: The contract by skubido(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
nice wan OP.
Re: The contract by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2018
Nice one
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 2:33am On Aug 05, 2018
SANDRA
she has been waiting for him for the past ten minutes and he has not yet arrived they had agreed to meet at thier usuall restuarant,she glanced at her wrist watch some minutes past eight,she was very tired after all that days work ,and the last thing she wanted was sitting and waiting.as she was about to pick up her phone and call him,he came in through the entrance looking daper in his suit.she adored him but his recent behavoiur was making her have seconds thoughts about the relationship.he came and kissed her on the cheek
"am very sorry i kept you waiting,i was held up by traffic.why didnt you order?"
"i was waiting for you,since you have arrived just order for me also"
"what would you like to take?"
"a bottle of big cola and pepper soup"he signalled to the waiter and he came around
"please what can i do for you?"
"two bottles of big cola and two plates of pepper soup
"alright..i will be right back."he went away as he came back after some minutes and served them.and they started eating thier pepper soup and soft drinks.when they both finished.he sat back and relaxed.
"what was it you said you wanted to tell me"he heaved a sigh,which made her wonder how big was it that he as acting like this.as he opened his mouth to talk his phone began to ring.it was catherine why was she calling?he wanted to ignore the call.
"pick it.its okay"he picked the call
"hello."
"hello richard can you come to my house now my cousins wants to meet you."he looked at his wristwatch it was almost 9pm
"by this time,its a lready late.please tell them i will see them tomorow."
"i told them,but they insisted on you coming tonight,because they will be travelling back tomorrow and they will later come for the wedding"
"am sorry am with my girlfriend,and we are a lot to catch up on."the line was quiet for a while.before he heard a masculine voice.he recognized the voice mr anthony.he stood up immediately
"good evening sir"
"my son how are you doing?"
"i know you are very tired but i wiould like you to come over here and spend the night in my house so that you can meet my cousins.."catherine knew he wouldnt say no to the old man,thats why she handed the phone to him.that bitch!everything is screwed up..
"alright sir,i would be on my way immediately"
"okay i will be expecting you"he hanged up and dropped the phone.he looked at sandra who got the mesage.she feold apologetic.she didnt deserve all the treatment she was getting.
"am guessing your boss just called you over"
"am sorry sandra.its a call i cant ignore."
"i undertand"she grabbed her bag and started walking away
"at least let me drop you"she didnt give a reply as she walked away angrily.he quickly grabbed his car keys,after settling his bills,he ran after her fortunately for him she was by the road side trying to get a cab.she managed to convince her and appease after so much begging and promise that he would make sure he made it up to her.she dropped her at the front of her house and zoomed off....******TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by skubido(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2018
tanks for the update..

OP u hit FP again, CONGRAT ooo jah ya hand work
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2018
tanks for the update..

OP u hit FP again, CONGRAT ooo jah ya hand work
Re: The contract by Nogodye(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2018
Congrats marvel15. Your story just hit front page...Oya keep it coming.
Re: The contract by profjones(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2018
FB it is again! kudos marvel... update!!!!!
Re: The contract by seuncyber(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Nice story more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Nice one, pls how I can I know when u posted any?
Re: The contract by Nogodye(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
jattopeter:
Nice one, pls how I can I know when u posted any?
You will know he post here coz you will see notification on your "followed topic".All need to do is to click.
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Nogodye:
You will know he post here coz you will see notification on your "followed topic".All need to do is to click.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
he drove into their compound,he parked and came down he saw catherine waiting for him.she was smiling.he approached her,clearly pissed off
"what is the meaning of this?why did you have to call me by this time of the day?"
"am very sorry.my cousins wanted to see you because they will go back tomorrow,they just branched to say hello."
"you could have find a way to change thier mind,and moreso using your dad is actually a petty thing to do,because you knew i cant say no the man"
"am sorry i had no other choice"
"and this was my chance to tell my girlfriend the whole thing but you spoiled everything.and i had to beg and cuddle her before her anger could subside.did you know how hard that was,she is very hard to convince but i managed to.its unfair"
"am sorry..you can scold me later but my cousins are waiting inside for you"they both walked hand in hand inside just for the sake of it.he could see a guy and a girl in thier early thirties..this must be her cousins..catherine adressed the whole room togetther..
"i want you all to meet the only man that makes my heart beat,he is my everything,since i met him he has been an inspiration to me.my cousins this is the man you all have been expecting.his name is richard"he beckoned unto richard as he came nearer
"richard meet samantha,a cousin of mine she is based in the u.s."richard shook hands with her.her hands were like that of an angel.he was also introduced to the second cousin who was name federick.they greeted in a guyzz way..after the greetings,he found out that her cousins were lovable people.they got along very well.richard checked his wristwatch it was almost midnight.it was time to sleep.he bade everyone good night and he walked to the room that has been prepared for him that night,as he was about to enter he saw catherine coming,he stopped and wondered what she could be coming for at this hour.
"am sorry,i know you must be tired and exhausted but i really want to thank you for your help tonight.it means a lot to me and i really appreciate it"
"well you dont need to thank me am just doing what i promised."
"still i want to thank you"he nodded and stood thinking that she wanted to say something
"anyways good night.and i almost forgot you have a day off from work."he was more than overjoyed just what he needed at that point in time.he said a thank you as he went in and closed the door behind..****TBC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
am sorry its short its because am not feeling too well becos of the cold weather
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
marvel15:
am sorry its short its because am not feeling too well becos of the cold weather

hmmmm, Op Op, y don't you call her na..lol

all better still go for hot tea
Re: The contract by francium001: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please how can I see the next update?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.