Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) (48548 Views)

Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2018
So, we dug into the archives, and guess what we found?

It’s an old picture of the popular Marina Street in Lagos Island, Lagos state.

The picture also features the legendary General Post Office, situated on Marina Street. The picture is believed to have been taken in 1973.

However, our attention was drawn to the radical transformation of the Marina street.

For instance, the distance between the Marina waterfront – then and now.

What other difference do you notice?

Photo Credit: Unknown

See the photos.

https://autojosh.com/what-do-you-notice-about-the-old-and-the-new-marina-street-see-photo/

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2018

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by okuya: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2018
I also noticed that you did not give credit to the owner / source of the photographs

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by okey4reel(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2018
Nice, good development

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Esejojo: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
It looks like it was sandfilled.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Diasyluv(f): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hmm
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Ayodejioak(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dividends of western civilization.
Surprisingly, "NOTHING" changed afterwards.
As a matter of fact, it deteriorated from great to worse.

22 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by TheKingIsHere: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
In the olden days, it was cleaner and better. Now it is just filled with dirt angry

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by akeentech(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
One of my Houses is there.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Zeebabybh: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lovely
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
I didn't see any changes there is just that that old building that is cycle is still dere no changes at all.. so. Who can tell me there is changes dere..
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by willexyaho(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ok
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Respect55(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
I don't understand
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by yussuph: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
LAGOS one of the beautiful city in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by ednut1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
That rig has been rendered useless after being seized by first bank den amcon. 25b loan outstanding. The owners don cash out run grin
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by sagio09: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
So the water was very close to the building shocked. I passed through the steet last week wen i was heading to Wuse Market

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by BlueRayDick: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Funny enough am currently inside one of those buildings, despite not being born when the first pix was taken.

15 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by qanda: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
wow
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Austema(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lagos is built as a city, the same way ''Jerusalem is buit as a city strongly compact''
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by obembet(f): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Tell BUHARI to step down for Ambode for just 1 year..

Oh sorry BUHARI doesn't have up a year self
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by tofolo(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Where is the river na? angry

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by mybestlove(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Not much has changed. Prove of lack of innovative governance. The structures aren't maintained and new ones are rarely built.

Marina should be the 'centrum' of Lagos reflecting it's beauty to the outside world but it's unfortunate that after decades, still the same 'one man ideology' deprives her of that splendor.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Xander85: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
I prefer the first pic!

But come oh....was the Atlantic that close to the street back then, or are my eyes deceiving me? undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Larrysung(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
the population increase in Lagos is getting out of hand. The former picture looks more attractive than the latter. the latter looks so scary!

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by akeentech(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
yussuph:
LAGOS one of the beautiful city in Nigeria

Lagos the most beautiful city in Africa

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Guestlander: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Does it mean all the land in front of the post office building was reclaimed? The water was really close in the first picture.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Austema(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
I didn't see any changes there is just that that old building that is cycle is still dere no changes at all.. so. Who can tell me there is changes dere..
one sentence for you is ; ENEMY OF PROGRESS

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by qanda: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Are you serious or joking. You cant see any difference?

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by besticality: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Them don pursue the water go back wella

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by segebase(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Buhari

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by jaywhoco(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
See how far they have pushed the water...

hmmm

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana's Newly Built Airport Flooded / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Mention The Countries You Will Never Consider Going To Even With Free Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.