Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall (2034 Views)

Religion Section Hall Of Fame 2013 Edition ( sticky) / Gospel Hall: Evangelistic Messages (2) (3) (4)

Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Kennyblues(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
House On The Rock Church in Lagos State, South West Nigeria, has shelled out N17 million to rent a hall for a two-day service.

The hall was rented at the luxurious Eko Hotel & Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos. The newly completed multi-media hall, called Eko Expo Centre, is rented at N8.5 million a day. The money, P.M.NEWS learnt, was used as payment for yesterday and next Sunday’s service at the hall.

The founder and Senior pastor of the church, Paul Adefarasin, who preached yesterday at the Eko Expo Centre, told the elated congregation that the idea was to bring all the members of House On The Rock to a combined church service.

For many years, the church has been renting two separate halls for three services at the Muson Centre in Onikan, Lagos, for their activities on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Our correspondent learnt that the move to conduct two services at Eko Hotel & Suites is a marketing strategy meant to motivate reluctant donors to contribute swiftly to the completion of the Millennium Temple, the multi-billion naira structure Adefarasin is building in Lekki area of the state.

P.M.NEWS gathered that members have not been forthcoming in recent months to donate for the completion of the church.

The air conditioning at the Millennium Temple alone, Adefarasin disclosed, will cost the church N410 million and will be purchased in China.

“Are you not happy to be in this lovely auditorium? Are you not happy to see people who come for third service while you come for first service? It is countdown to Millennium Temple,” Adefarasin’s wife, Ifeanyi told the congregation.

Adefarasin told his congregation that God can change their lives in 24 hours. He disclosed that eighty percent of material used in building the Millennium Temple comes from China while the rest comes from Europe.

The pastor also revealed to his church members that he was invited by the Presidency to pray for the Nigerian President, adding that the Presidency is too expensive. “What I really want to tell them is that the Presidency is too expensive,” he said.

He said that one politician at the Presidency is allowed to possess many SUVs and called on Nigerians to stand up and fight for their rights.
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Kennyblues(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
“What I really want to tell them is that the Presidency is too expensive,” he said.
“… one politician at the Presidency is allowed to possess many SUVs …”

A church renting a hall for N17m for two days’ programme is accusing the presidency of being too expensive What does these Pasors take us for? Fools?

If the Presidency is too expensive; these our Pastors are damn more expensive and they are both living on poor masses and ill-gotten monies, hence all of them will perish in hell fire. Amen, Amen and Amen!!!
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Pennywise(m): 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
Obscenity
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by InesQor(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2010
Pennywise:

Obscenity

I couldn't have said that better, Pennywise!
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by noetic16(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
how many stomachs of orphaned and hopeless dudes can 17m feed?
how many homeless can 17m shelter?
how many wrongly imprisoned persons can 17m liberate from the confines of our judicial system?
how many helpless students can 17m sponsor to quality education teaching institutions?
how many prostitutes and destitutes can 17m redirect the course of their lives?
how many sick can 17m heal?

why is Adefarsin's priority to build a mega-building for Jesus, but not to FEED the church of Jesus? is Adefarsin a son of God or a son of the DEVIL?
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by viaro: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2010
Reports like this are sad to read.

N17million - I don't know how true it is that soft-sell news/papers (like the ones in P.M. News) are to be taken with a pinch of salt, though.

However, it would seem there's no fire without smoke (as the saying goes - otherwise some smart guys have learnt to spark fire without smoke, hehe). But for a two-day conference costing N17million . . . that should raise eyebrows indeed. Not too long ago some of us were wide-eyed at the revelation that the RCCG at one point boasted of spending N400 million for a 3-day crusade, but now this one from Adefarasin's church?

This is not just poor management - but whatever it is, it just does not begin to make sense at all.
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by obailala(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
This is real foolishness. The devil is really taking over the church in dis country
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Jenwitemi(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2010
obailala:

This is real foolishness. The devil is really taking over the church in dis country
The devil does not need to take over what originally belonged to him. You have all been fooled all along by the sneaky devil. You've all been worshiping the devil, thinking that you've been worshiping God. From the RCC of the roman empire to this very day, all the churches ever built have been serving one entity, and that entity is the devil. AMEEEN-RAA! Now, all the trickeries are finally coming to the surface and you are all seeing them.
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Kx: 8:36am On Jun 15, 2010
A little cost benefit analysis.
If my Io ( Initial capital outlay) into a sunday service of 3 sessions is N17million,
how much will be the budgeted revenue ceteris paribus?
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by nuclearboy(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2010
@Kx:

Speak english, dude! Whist we get the idea of investment versus returns, you're speaking pure "pulpit kabbashing" when you bring in ceteris paribus! Why not "amazing catastophe"

We ALREADY know we're going to be scammed. Scam us in English please! angry
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by viaro: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2010
^^ Hmm, commander. . but I guess Kx has spoken English clearly enough. If I'm not going to be court-marshalled, let me add that there's such a thing as the 'English register' where particular words are suited to particular discourses to article issues in context - that, I think, is what Kx has done with the 'ceteris paribus'.

I like the 'ceteris paribus' - it is a nice way of summarising the 'all other things being equal' to the scamming. grin grin It also accentuates your 'amazing catastrophe' when we consider another way of looking at the ceteris paribus as pertaining to 'holding all other factors constant except the ones being studied' (can't remember where I got that) . . anyways. You see, "all other factors" apart of the hired hall of the conference will be in the engine works for more scamming operations. . . remember a few others?

[list][li]special offerings[/li]
[li]Daddy G.O.'s birthday[/li]
[li]breakthrough offerings[/li]
[li]seed offering[/li]
[li]tithing for salvation[/li]
[li]covenant partnership offerings[/li][/list]

. . . etc.  These all ^^ are  part of the 'ceteris paribus' and 'amazing catastrophes' which are not so obvious to the 'caveat emptor' (although they are very useful tools to the 'caveat venditor').

Okay, don't want to risk your hammers this morning. . . so I shut up for now! grin
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by nuclearboy(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2010
Lord Viaro:

I was speaking tongue in cheek - I am appalled by the information this thread presnts and my previous post was a defense mechanism (denial) based on pretence of "sarcasm"? I support Kx totally!
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by MadMax1(f): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2010
Una two don craze finish. grin But what's new or surprising here na? And he too is building a multi-billion naira church. Of course he is. There are 'big boys' and 'bigger boys'.

jenwitemi, rora witi e now. Are you a Gnostic? They believe the OT God of the Jews is actually Satan, and all the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions based on it is serving the 'prince of darkness.' You sound just like one of them lol.
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by nuclearboy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
True talk. But then there are the "biggest boys" and me, I'm one of those. My own mansions are in heaven.

These ones seem to sense they'll be staying in my kennels out there so they claim their bigness here grin
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by ogajim(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
This is a smart strategy on the part of this Pastor to give them a feel for what they could be expecting in their new multi-million Naira home once they are able to complete it.

These guys are acting more and more like other ordinary business folks and one wonders if HOLINESS is really the main focus anymore.
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Kx: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Kx:
you're speaking pure "pulpit kabbashing" when you bring in ceteris paribus!

We ALREADY know we're going to be scammed. Scam us in English please! angry

Bro u surprised me.
is ceteris paribus no longer elementary economics?
did u for once assume i was speaking in tonques or something?
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by nuclearboy(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
if you follow the succeeding posts, you'll realise twas a joke. My own "format" catch you sef grin
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by bawomolo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
pimping aint easy
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
church business is seriously booming, when are they going to start offering us shares on the stock exchange?
Re: Church Shells Out N17m To Rent Hall by MOG2009: 12:31am On Jun 18, 2010
My Heart bleeds for the poor church members. What will Jesus say?

Wallace: We Cannot Be Good If God Does Not Exist / What Jesus Said About Hell / Muslims With Christians