Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? (15305 Views)

Acrimony Ii Coming Soon / Please Where Can I Download Acrimony Movie... / Life Lessons From Tyler Perry's 'Acrimony'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Ayodele92: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Having seen the movie recently, I, like many others also blame d girl. She wanted him back because of his money. However, I think the guy is also to blame initially for letting her Shoulder all his responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by youngsahito(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
everybody

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Fabherbie(f): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
Well i have seen the movie. Truth is the guy is majorly at fault. The lady spent all her life supporting his dream. And yes she gave up at the last minute because she thought he cheated on him, she had been having that thoughts in her head prior to when it happened and then her sister told her about it and she believed it.
The man gave up on her so easy. She didn't everything for him, financially, emotionally, physically. But he left just as the chance he got it and all the dream he had with the wife was shared with another woman.
The woman met a ready made man. She didn't do much. I'm sure if he was still married to his wife, she wouldn't have pushed his offer... She would have left it at the initial buy out.
All that triggered her mental breakdown. She needed help but who better to give her than the man she spent her whole life loving. That made her that way. It was too much for her to handle.

12 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Ayodele92: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
I blamed the guy initially for his laziness, however, after he generous benevolence to the lady which the judge also testified to the guy is no longer to blame but the lady. Even if she was given half the price of the battry, she still wouldn't let go. She wanted d guy. An interesting movie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by sayo147(f): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
I'd appreciate if someone can give me a link or site to download this movie from pls.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by freemanbubble: 5:10am On Jul 21, 2018
Every body bleeped up in that movie joor

Even the guy was too greedy
He was self centered
He taught it was only money that the girl invested on her
What about the time and emotions

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by sayo147(f): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Fabherbie(f): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2018
Exactly my point... It was not about the money for the girl...
freemanbubble:

He was self centered

7 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by petitmonde(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
did Robert actually die?
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by quinSonia(f): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2018
petitmonde:
did Robert actually die?

heap,he bleed to death but his fiancee was pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2018
freemanbubble:

He was self centered

I disagree. The guy was greedy at first but learnt his lesson and kept on with his dream. He was faithful to her since after he cheated during his teenage period. He also promised to repay the lady once he gets the deal and he did even more than expected, so he wasn't greedy.

The lady waited but was already feeling hopeless as the guys dream took several years .

If anyone is to be blamed, I will blame her.

Why? She waited for over a decade with her husband and endured it all, there was no reason to leave again after that heavy investment of time and money.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2018
quinSonia:

Haba, madam director.

He didn't bleed to death as the movie ended with him bleeding and still alive
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Fabherbie:
Well i have seen the movie. Truth is the guy is majorly at fault. The lady spent all her life supporting his dream. And yes she gave up at the last minute because she thought he cheated on him, she had been having that thoughts in her head prior to when it happened and then her sister told her about it and she believed it.
The man gave up on her so easy. She didn't everything for him, financially, emotionally, physically. But he left just as the chance he got it and all the dream he had with the wife was shared with another woman.
The woman met a ready made man. She didn't do much. I'm sure if he was still married to his wife, she wouldn't have pushed his offer... She would have left it at the initial buy out.
All that triggered her mental breakdown. She needed help but who better to give her than the man she spent her whole life loving. That made her that way. It was too much for her to handle.

She giving up on him because of an assumption is the reason why she is to be blamed.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by TheKingIsHere: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2018
Ayodele92:
I blamed the guy initially for his laziness, however, after he generous benevolence to the lady which the judge also testified to the guy is no longer to blame but the lady. Even if she was given half the price of the battry, she still wouldn't let go. She wanted d guy. An interesting movie

Exactly.

The reason why she didn't want to let go even when the guy gave her so much money was because she knew she was at fault.

She knew she threw everything away over a silly assumption that he cheated.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by carbonado(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2018
I do blame both of them,however,I will blame the wife more,as the man cleaned up is mess real good,he bought back her mama's house,gave her money,even the judge was wondering what else she wanted,hence i am blaming her. she divorced him,remember,not separation but divorced which means 'I am done with you"...then he moved on. The problem I see with her was she gave so much that it became unbearable.Unfortunately,she bailed at the very wrong time.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by DrTims(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
Initially I blamed both of them but when the man came to sign the divorce papers, he pleaded with her but she refused, she didn't even say a word rather her sister was even mocking the man. SMH. At least he bought back the mother's house and gave her 10 million dollars even the judge said he was not obliged to do that self. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by DrTims(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2018
Haba, he didn't die. When the wife came back with the crew member, they turned him over and you can see him moving his hands. smiley
quinSonia:

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Wayne4uall(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2018
He rejected the first offer wen dey were in big mess, 800k is nothing if u truly know ur worth, I am glad he stood is ground and it got paid later in the day.... to me the two is to be blamed, but I put the whole blame to Robert, he should have waited for some time before taking that other woman in, he should have discussed it with his wife about meeting her again, all he think of is all he wants for his wife and not what his wife wanted, he should have tried to get a small job may b 6hours a day and 5 days a week just to support his wife. The only fault of his wife is she listen to her sisters, she truly loves her husband but she allow her sisters bad words get into her head, Melinda was crying wen Robert was signing the divorce form but her sisters were happy ( wen u start thinking wat ppl will say about u, u become dere prisoner) I can say those guys are jealous of him because they knew he will made it in future, one of them said it that, ( I knew he would, that dude is smart) , when u knew he is smart , y don't u support him? She only divorced him because she thought he was cheating on her again not because he was poor

8 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by DrTims(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2018
undecided
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by chiboy1116: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2018
Both of them are stupid ,crazy as* movie .
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Richpounds: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
quinSonia:

Assistant movie director...
Tyler Perry sister..
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Richpounds: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
My honest and truthful take... No one...
Tyler Perry simple wants us to learn between the lines.
Things like.....
1.Guys and ladies never look for cheap ways to anyone's heart.
2. Anger problem or any small thing can spoil the whole.
3. Understanding and communication key....
4. Third party things very dangerous.... You might not be talking to anyone but might be reading stuffs on the net that might spoil your mind towards your partner.
5. Know your worth but work and support your partner... Be ready for the worst....
6. In the place of cheating I don't support it. But if u made a marriage vow rember the devil is on the lose to spoil it. You guys must work to build the relationship don't assume.

#richpounds

6 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Richpounds: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
Wayne4uall:
He rejected the first offer wen dey were in big mess, 800k is nothing if u truly know ur worth, I am glad he stood is ground and it got paid later in the day.... to me the two is to be blamed, but I put the whole blame to Robert, he should have waited for some time before taking that other woman in, he should have discussed it with his wife about meeting her again, all he think of is all he wants for his wife and not what his wife wanted, he should have tried to get a small job may b 6hours a day and 5 days a week just to support his wife. The only fault of his wife is she listen to her sisters, she truly loves her husband but she allow her sisters bad words get into her head, Melinda was crying wen Robert was signing the divorce form but her sisters were happy ( wen u start thinking wat ppl will say about u, u become dere prisoner) I can say those guys are jealous of him because they knew he will made it in future, one of them said it that, ( I knew he would, that dude is smart) , when u knew he is smart , y don't u support him? She only divorced him because she thought he was cheating on her again not because he was poor

Well spoken... Fam

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by petitmonde(m): 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
quinSonia:

but there was nothing to indicate that Diana was pregnant.
Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Richpounds: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
petitmonde:

but there was nothing to indicate that Diana was pregnant.

True....

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Kinggnicole(f): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Exactly.

The reason why she didn't want to let go even when the guy gave her so much money was because she knew she was at fault.

She knew she threw everything away over a silly assumption that he cheated.

There was nothing when she left. Nothing at all.
Robert didn't love her. He only needed her.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Kinggnicole(f): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I disagree. The guy was greedy at first but learnt his lesson and kept on with his dream. He was faithful to her since after he cheated during his teenage period. He also promised to repay the lady once he gets the deal and he did even more than expected, so he wasn't greedy.

The lady waited but was already feeling hopeless as the guys dream took several years .

If anyone is to be blamed, I will blame her.

Why? She waited for over a decade with her husband and endured it all, there was no reason to leave again after that heavy investment of time and money.

Why is everyone looking at this from the money aspect? If it were only about the money she wouldn't have stayed that long. She also wouldn't have left when she did.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Frankiss44(m): 6:00am On Aug 04, 2018
Fabherbie:

Blaming the man totally without blaming the woman is funny... They both have their fair share of blame.. The woman forced the divorce and instantly started banging her ex.. The man pleaded and pleaded but she refused.. Even the day the man came to the office on suit to see her, she emphasized on the fact that they can never be together ever again.. But the moment she saw the cheque, she started acting like a gold digging bitch all of a sudden to the extent that she even went to seduce him... The moment the seduction didn't work, she sued his ass.. And even lied that the dude made his money when they were still together... Her actions didn't even give the man a chance to reconsider his decisions... And for you to say the aide chick didn't work enough to enjoy all what she is enjoying now is very wrong... She brought in a homeless man, fed him and clothed him when he was at the lowest moment of his life... Both women did the same thing for him but the difference is that the side chick did it for him when he was at the lowest moment of his life... Two lessons we should take from this film is that ". Not all advice is good for us... And never make decisions when u are angry"...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Frankiss44(m): 6:08am On Aug 04, 2018
Wayne4uall:

Most of things you said are true... But you can't be giving countless excuses for Melinda because at the end of the day, we will all be responsible for our decisions... Majority of the blame I think should go to the family.. The interference was just too much and she let them get into her head... But one of the worse decisions she made that lost my sympathy was banging the ex immediately after she got the divorce..

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Frankiss44(m): 6:12am On Aug 04, 2018
DrTims:
Initially I blamed both of them but when the man came to sign the divorce papers, he pleaded with her but she refused, she didn't even say a word rather her sister was even mocking the man. SMH. At least he bought back the mother's house and gave her 10 million dollars even the judge said he was not obliged to do that self. undecided

Exactly... People. That keep saying he didn't try hard enough to win back his wife is bullshit... Would they have been saying that if the dude came back and kept begging without the luck of having the lucrative contract? At the tail end, Melinda lost it and started behaving like a gold digger.. To her then, it was now all about the money and the reality of the promises of good life he once promised her.. And no longer the love

1 Like

Re: Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? by Frankiss44(m): 6:15am On Aug 04, 2018
petitmonde:
did Robert actually die?

Not likely.. Help came at the right time.. And u can still see him moving his hands at the final scene... I Googled it and there was nothing to show he died.. They said he has lost a lot of blood just the moment help arrived

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bella Evicted From The Big Brother House / Acting Challenge Reality Show: Sam Dede, Ramsey Noah, Others To Mentor / Big Brother Africa Iv Unveils Without Shower Hour, Now People Will Sleep At Nigh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.