Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early (22882 Views)

I Declared Ifeanyi Ubah Winner To Save My Life – Returning Officer / 'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by dre11(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
by Dyepkazah Shibayan

President Muhammadu Buhari says he announced his second term bid in April to “save a lot of time and cool tempers”.

The president announced his intention to seek reelection at a meeting of the national executive committee (NEC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking when he received the Buhari Support Group Centre (BSGC) at the presidential villa on Friday, Buhari explained that some people are in a “habit of being a nuisance to themselves and to many Nigerians” and his announcement was a challenge to those “who are serious.”

The president said Nigerians need to be involved in the election process.

“I had to announce before the national executive committee (NEC) about my intention to ask for the party’s nomination for next year’s election so that we can save a lot of time and cool tempers,” he said.

“A lot of people are trying to make it a habit of being a nuisance to themselves and to many Nigerians. So when I announced my intention, I said okay let those who are serious come out and I try to make sure that the party is reorganise and consolidated so that we start from bottom to top.

“So that Nigerians will be involved and that each constituency will pick those they want to represent them at various levels.

Whether local government chairmen, councillors, state house of assemblies, house of representatives, senate and finally the presidency itself.

“With this participation, some of the people who are educated and sophisticated, they say for those who have got the money, bring the money but we will still do what we want to do.

“Having tried three times and ended up in the supreme court and I am lucky to be here the fourth time, I am very much aware of what is going on from constituency to constituency.

I am very pleased, we thank God and we thank technology because what use to happen that caused my ending up in supreme court, they will just seat down, look at the constituency and award numbers and they will say anybody who disagrees should go to court.”

Buhari appealed to Nigerians to get their permanent voter cards.

“Now, when somebody is looking for the next meal where will he get money to pay SANs (senior advocate of Nigeria). But thank God technology has come in. With PVCs (permanent voters card), with card reader, wherever you register it will show whether you voted or not,” he said.

“That is why voters education is very important. Tell people that the PVC is their nationality and they are entitled to it. They can use across party, religion, ethnicity and so let them take pride in their PVC, let them keep it and use it. So, this is an additional assignment for your group.

“I have been talking to the governors urging them to carry out voters education, it may not favour them but people will eventually understand whether they tell the truth or not, people will do what they feel right.”

On his part, Umaru Dembo, chairman of the BSGC, said the group is prepared to work for a “safe and prosperous Nigeria”.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-why-i-declared-my-second-term-bid-early

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by HungerBAD: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Buhari.

Deep down in my inner recesses,do I want Buhari to win?no. But the more the general election draws closer, the more I have resigned myself to the logical conclusion that this man will return back as the President.

He is 75 years old,and will be around 80 when he leaves.

Let us take a moment to ponder about that. 75 Years old.

A lot of people have been saying, go get your PVC. But after getting the PVC,who do you vote for?Buhari has the structures put in place already, as compared to the other assumed candidates.

In the West, he has Tinubu. The El-rufai's are in the North. Judas Iscariot(Okorocha)is in the East. Amaechi is in the South,Yahaya and Ortom(forget his leaving the APC) are very much in the middle belt.

But what does Buhari want?he was a Federal Petroleum Commissioner(Minister) in the 70's. He was the Governor of the North in the 70's. He was the President of Nigeria(via Coup) in the 80's. He is the President now.

What does Buhari want again?

He joined the Army in 1961, and since then has been on Nigeria payroll until now July 20 2018.

What does Buhari want?

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Firefire(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
Wonder why a failure parsonnified individual is looking for another term to completely destroy the country.

FAILED ENTITY.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by ishowdotgmail(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
God make your ambition come true baba #pmb2023

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by KingsleyBuubba(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
SAI BAABA

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Buhari my mentor

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Sai baba to 3018 cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by sagio09: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Go go go say baba.... WE, i mean all well meaning well Nigerians are solidly behind u. Especially WE(ALL) the youths of this country from all over the ethnic extractions. Go go go baaabaaa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Nopeace4dwicked: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
Buhari ur tym in office is up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by ishowdotgmail(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Sai baba to 3018 cool

2023 is okay, then another APC member will take over grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by tstx(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
... Buhari will Rule Us Till 2023.. A Hard Fact. Only True Realist know this.

The man is power crazed. He would do anything to be on that seat. Only death can stop him

Nopeace4dwicked:

So it shall b by GODS willingness
Don't deceive yourself.... If God loved our country he wouldn't have allowed Buhari to win 2015 election.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Opinionated: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
Okay. Nigerians are waiting for the election.

Who no know go know.
Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by tstx(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
Nopeace4dwicked:
Buhari ur tym in office is up
So you think.... The only reason GEJ lost was because he really didn't want a win. PMB is not like GEJ, he is power crazed. To win the only thing he need do is rig the life out of the election.. Which is as simple as ABC because he is an incumbent president... Whether we like it or not... no matter how hard we pray... no matter how we the citizens cry out to God.. Buhari will win 2019 election

Even our pastors will prophesy in his favour because they know the truth... Just watch and see .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Seanpizzy10: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Ijaya123: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
“A lot of people are trying to make it a habit of being a nuisance to themselves and to many Nigerians. So when I announced my intention, I said okay let those who are serious come out and I try to make sure that the party is reorganise and consolidated so that we start from bottom to top.

We have a fair idea who those are.

On the other hand, my major grievance with you is on the killings which has continued unabated simply because of your silence and refusal to personally condemn the killings. I'm not referring to press releases from Femi Adesina or Garba Shehu.

Let Buhari verbally and publicly condemn the Fulani herdsmen killings and read the riot acts to the killers. I can bet anybody that these nonsense will grind to a halt within a short time and let's see whether the security agencies will not sit up and act decisively with those killers.

Until you do that, your silence means consent, according to philosophy of communication.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Favbolu(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
It's only God that can remove Buhari... Ride on our president

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Cholls(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Firefire:
Wonder why a failure parsonnified individual is looking for another term To compelelt detroy the country.

FAILED ENTITY.

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Mikeross62: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
not a reason at all

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Demogorgon(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Noted President. God knows best.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by PresidentAtiku(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
This man sef!!!

2019 do quick come ooooo!!!

#teamsavagenigeria

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Nopeace4dwicked: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
tstx:
So you think
So it shall b by GODS willingness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Paperwhite(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
ImagIne! Nigerian people are being killed with reckless abandon while all a president is concerned with is his political ambition.This statement alone is an indictment. So how many souls will have to perish because of this ambition.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Sweetcollins: 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
We NO want again o
No by force?
Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Authoreety: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Bzbhs
Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by potoX: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Firefire:
Wonder why a failure parsonnified individual is looking for another term To compelelt detroy the country.

FAILED ENTITY.
You have no say in the matter. Buhari till 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by Nopeace4dwicked: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Favbolu:
It's only God that can remove Buhari... Ride on our president
There is notin 2hard 4GOD 2do

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by ebenice(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
I don't have thing to say more than what you've already said.

How I wish my PVC will count

Re: Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
i have no problem wt u doddering old fool, i only have problem wt who is capable enough 2 send u back 2 your village.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Duke Cute Christmas Card With His Family / #BuhariFulaniAlliance Trending On Twitter [snapshots] / EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.