Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation (902 Views)

Fact Check: Did Asiwaju Tinubu Run Lagos Without Allocation? / North Has Paid Biggest Price For Buhari’s Failure - Northern Elders Forum / Exposed: How Ayade Paid April And May Salary Without Allocation For April And Ma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by HappyNigerian: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
HE @MrUdomEmmanuel is the Only Nigerian Governor I know who pays His Workforce Without FAAC. Well done Your Excellency Sir.
Meanwhile in the other news

FAAC deadlock will continue unless ―Governors

Leon Usigbe -Abuja

FAACThe governors of the 36 states of the federation have vowed that the deadlock in the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) will continue unless the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC) remits what is due to the account.

The governors under the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) met in Abuja on Wednesday night to deliberate on the issue of FAAC, the minimum wage being contemplated by government among other issues.

The meeting presided over by its chairman and governor of Zamfara state, Abdulaziz Yari, resolved that until the NNPC remits what is due to the federation account, the deadlock cannot be resolved.

The NNPC had remitted N147 billion into the Federation Account in May, but the governors were not satisfied with it and had insisted that the correct amount is paid.

According to them, the money from the NNPC must reflect the current economic realities and prices of oil in the international market.
Briefing journalists early on Thursday, Yari said, the governors will not accept the figures form the NNPC.

He said: “There is a disagreement between the figures presented. I have been in the saddle for seven years and I have been attending NEC for past four months and if I see discrepancies I should be able to tell.”

According to Yari, the agreement NNPC claims to have with state governors to remit a maximum of ₦112 billion per month was done when oil price was $48 barrel per day but now the price $78.

He added: “NNPC said it paid N88 billion for subsidy and in the month of June it said it paid N31 billion, but it claimed N57 billion is for payment of subsidy in 2017, that is not acceptable and we won’t give the approval. You can’t just keep your hand into the public purse and take the money, you have to seek approval from the NEC or Mr President.
“And NNPC said they have N15 billion for miscellaneous, N9 billion for pipeline maintenance, N3 billion for crude loss, all those things are not approved by anyone.

“NNPC is owned by the federal, states and local government. The states get 48 per cent while the local government and federal government get 52 per cent. We have to agree whatever we get the federal government is getting 52 per cent. We are saying this money should be brought to the public for sharing.”

The governors also met with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, to discuss the issue of the minimum wage.

The issue has been referred to a committee of the governors.

#GovernorUdomisWorking

Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by HappyNigerian: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
tunda faya some people wey was folo am drag
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by amaniro: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
udom rules!!!!
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by vikyno(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
15 billion for miscellaneous? Oh my God!
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Udom is the man
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by ibibiofirstlady(f): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good one from Udom
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
Before you post anything here, try and get your facts right...
ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR Wille Obiano paid his workers before 28 of June, even enugu did d same,dey didn't brag about it.....
They have been paying workers for long without FAAC

2 Likes

Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by bymigokeph: 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
HappyNigerian:
HE @MrUdomEmmanuel is the Only Nigerian Governor I know who pays His Workforce Without FAAC. Well done Your Excellency Sir.
Meanwhile in the other news

FAAC deadlock will continue unless ―Governors

Leon Usigbe -Abuja

FAACThe governors of the 36 states of the federation have vowed that the deadlock in the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) will continue unless the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC) remits what is due to the account.

The governors under the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) met in Abuja on Wednesday night to deliberate on the issue of FAAC, the minimum wage being contemplated by government among other issues.

The meeting presided over by its chairman and governor of Zamfara state, Abdulaziz Yari, resolved that until the NNPC remits what is due to the federation account, the deadlock cannot be resolved.

The NNPC had remitted N147 billion into the Federation Account in May, but the governors were not satisfied with it and had insisted that the correct amount is paid.

According to them, the money from the NNPC must reflect the current economic realities and prices of oil in the international market.
Briefing journalists early on Thursday, Yari said, the governors will not accept the figures form the NNPC.

He said: “There is a disagreement between the figures presented. I have been in the saddle for seven years and I have been attending NEC for past four months and if I see discrepancies I should be able to tell.”

According to Yari, the agreement NNPC claims to have with state governors to remit a maximum of ₦112 billion per month was done when oil price was $48 barrel per day but now the price $78.

He added: “NNPC said it paid N88 billion for subsidy and in the month of June it said it paid N31 billion, but it claimed N57 billion is for payment of subsidy in 2017, that is not acceptable and we won’t give the approval. You can’t just keep your hand into the public purse and take the money, you have to seek approval from the NEC or Mr President.
“And NNPC said they have N15 billion for miscellaneous, N9 billion for pipeline maintenance, N3 billion for crude loss, all those things are not approved by anyone.

“NNPC is owned by the federal, states and local government. The states get 48 per cent while the local government and federal government get 52 per cent. We have to agree whatever we get the federal government is getting 52 per cent. We are saying this money should be brought to the public for sharing.”

The governors also met with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, to discuss the issue of the minimum wage.

The issue has been referred to a committee of the governors.

#GovernorUdomisWorking

We Akwa Ibom brags about everything concerning them.
If Akwa/Ibom man builds a toilet, that toilet automatically becomes universal best toilet.

Even in you small south south, wiked WIKE has paid
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by swagagolic01(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lie, Wike has paid in Rivers state, since last week Monday sef
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by HappyNigerian: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
bymigokeph:

We Akwa Ibom brags about everything concerning them.
If Akwa/Ibom man builds a toilet, that toilet automatically becomes universal best toilet.

Even in you small south south, wiked WIKE has paid
Akwa Ibom paid before end of June
Re: Only Udom Has Paid Workers Without Allocation by HappyNigerian: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
swagagolic01:
Lie, Wike has paid in Rivers state, since last week Monday sef
Akwa Ibom paid end of June

(1) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Drops The Mother Of All BOMBS... Analysis Buhari Administration / NASS Siege Came As A Surprise, IGP Claims / DSS Men Were Handed APC Senators' List For Entry Into N/assembly - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.