Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (79879 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
appsdope:
Oh extra extra so she just started insulting you. She said the same thing as you. You both had an argument and you asked her to leave. although she didn't go into details. Bad mouth is the nearest synonym to women and I knew from the onset that she said a lot of nasty things. My ex girlfriend insulted me to the extent that she told me that my father was born out of wedlock. I never told her that o and I didnt know but Somehow she knew.
By the way since when did get the hell out of my house become a joke? How will we know if you meant it? She bought the land and started the project so how on earth are you supposed to own the property? The house shouldn't be in your name in the first place. The property is hers. Rent an apartment and move your family that's if you still want the marriage. As for the house, it belongs to her. Go and build your own. As for me, I cant stay in a house where a woman bought even the spoon. Because when you use that spoon to eat and there is an issue, she will tell you how that spoon she bought has been saving your life forgetting that you bought every other thing.

Thank you o my brother! It is funny how irrational people strongly believe in their rationality! And to think he has boldly stood in front of his people, her people and everyone they both knew claiming "my house"! Chai! I'm shocked shocked

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
ExtraExtra I will encourage you not to listen to most of these ladies supporting your wife. Most of them are either divorced , unmarried and lonely, single and still searching for partners.The few of them that are married and still in their husbands houses are on the contrary as meek and quiet as a dove.

The need the alter ego displayed on Nairaland to express their hidden fantasy of rebelling against their husbands which they are unable to do in real life.

As per your wife, I am a very traditional man too so I know how difficult this is for you. I will advise that you do everything within your power to salvage the marriage especially because of your children. Although it is apparent now what is important to your wife. I was just about reconciling with my own fiance whom I consider extremely opinionated and too expressive for a wife which made me break the relationship in the first place.

She has been begging me and all sorts but these kind of your story dey give me another concern,make person nor go marry woman wen nor go gree respect am. It is well o...

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by spongeisback: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
This is exactly what the lady said only she didn't go into details.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Eketem: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

Your story corroborated hers sir! You guys are on exactly the same page! Summary, you wanted her to change the name on a property you just confirmed that she owns the lion share of to your name alone! Awwww...you are so smart!

Anyways, my understanding of the story as pulled from your story and hers says you were practically trying to defraud her!

1. She got the property (landed)
2. She did the paper works
3. She started building
4. You spent your own money on your parents's house
5. The remaining money, which you admitted isn't much was used to finish the house.

God is still in heaven, be fair in your dealings oga sir! Whew!

Exactly just imagine how men would feel if after an arguement women tell them to get out of their house. Joke indeed, the God complex to add to it all smh.

While the wife was wrong to have insulted him and his parents he is not a saint in it all. I still don't understand how apart from the insult part this is different from what she posted, she should put the house in his name alone smh. I blame Nigerian women for their desperation sha

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
Eketem:

Exactly just imagine how men would feel if after an arguement women tell them to get out of their house. Joke indeed, the God complex to add to it all smh.

While the wife was wrong to have insulted him and his parents he is not a saint in it all. I still don't understand how apart from the insult part this is different from what she posted, she should put the house in his name alone smh. I blame Nigerian women for their desperation sha

True...outside their domestic dirty talks, she's a good woman. All those years she didn't squander her share of the profit o. She oversaw the project from start to finish, otherwise oga would have had to handle the papers and realized the fault in the title. And, life would just have been as usual if only oga didn't say she should get out of the house. May God bless us with fair people is a huge prayer my brother.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by spongeisback: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

True...outside their domestic dirty talks, she's a good woman. All those years she didn't squander her share of the profit o. She oversaw the project from start to finish, otherwise oga would have had to handle the papers and realized the fault in the title. And, life would just have been as usual if only oga didn't say she should get out of the house. May God bless us with fair people is a huge prayer my brother.

Someone is already accusing her of being a cheat.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine the money belonged to the both of them and she brought the idea of buying a land and the husband refused to buy in their names. He bought it in his name. Today she's in the village with two kids.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by elektra(f): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
ExtraExtra:
Women are the backbone of the family, they make or mar the home, since they help bring life to the world suffice it to say they sum up what we call family, 99% of successful, longlasting home or family is the ability of the woman to hold the "forte".

Oga, you are funny oh.
So the woman is 99% responsible for the success of an institution in which the man is the head.
If you have a traditional marriage, then the MAN as the head, is responsible for the success of the home.
If you have more of a partnership in your marriage, then both the man AND woman are responsible for the home.
Do not shift your responsibility to your wife when it is convenient.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
spongeisback:

Someone is already accusing her of being a cheat.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine the money belonged to the both of them and she brought the idea of buying a land and the husband refused to buy in their names. He bought it in his name. Today she's in the village with two kids.

See life! The most shocking aspect of this story is his absolute belief in his own fairness. She should change the title to his name alone! Chai! I strongly believe in husband and wife teaming o but this is pure day light fraud grin

85 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
elektra:

Oga, you are funny oh.
So the woman is 99% responsible for the success of an institution in which the man is the head.
If you have a traditional marriage, then the MAN as the head, is responsible for the success of the home.
If you have more of a partnership in your marriage, then both the man AND woman are responsible for the home.
Do not shift your responsibility to your wife when it is convenient.

grin grin grin
Insightful being, you read that part too, right? He's a joker!

32 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Eketem: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

See life! The most shocking aspect of this story is his absolute belief in his own fairness. She should change the title to his name alone! Chai! I strongly believe in husband and wife teaming o but this is pure day light fraud grin

This is why sometimes parents insist one should marry within their class to avoid the spouse who will permanently hold your background against you and emotionally blackmail you for every achievement.

He thinks it is her job to keep the marriage, he thinks he can keep her hanging without divorcing her, I blame her because she is begging him and opening posts to ask for advise, if she had womaned up and called his bluff he won't be so rude and arrogant

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by eyinjuege: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
How you had the audacity to even mention your wife should leave a home she has labored for beggars belief.
She brought the business idea, she brought her own share of the money, you guys made money and shared it equally , you spent your own share on important matters too, she bought the land and starts building , you built your parents home which is also important, yet your mouth was not heavy enough to ask your wife to pack out?
You are a devil sir, no matter how you try to paint it. A destiny destroyer. Any body that decides not to see your evil ways will be treated same way you did your wife, you didn't want her to eat the fruit of her labor.
Spare me the BS of loving her, and just joking with her about that rubbish that came out of your mouth that she should pack out.
I wish you family the best sha, but i would still advice your wife to keep her property in her name. If her work allows a transfer to where you are based, she may follow you, otherwise let her face her work.
The children should stay where it makes sense for them to. If it would affect their schooling, let them stay back where they are. If they are old enough, they can equally stay with their father. Nothing wrong with that, their mother can always visit.

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Eketem: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

This is why sometimes parents insist one should marry within their class to avoid the spouse who will permanently hold your background against you and emotionally blackmail you for every achievement.

He thinks it is her job to keep the marriage, he thinks he can keep her hanging without divorcing her, I blame her because she is begging him and opening posts to ask for advise, if she had womaned up and called his bluff he won't be so rude and arrogant.

It is her job to keep a home while it's his job to threaten to kick her out of her own home

16 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Acidosis(m): 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
2special:
guy give the marriage a second thought.

The marriage was built on a faulty foundation: The idea of my money, your money, I will spend my money on this, you will spend your own on that . weakened the marriage. No love relationship can function on that platform. It is a mere partnership, and partnerships are bound to break someday.

For some selfish reasons (not love), a lot of couples have embraced this system. This is not entirely bad as far as OP and his spouse share the same ideology about marriage and properties.

As far as marriage is concerned in my own school of thought, all receipts must be in the name Mr. & Mrs (except those gotten before marriage). It doesn't matter who bought them or who paid the children's school fees, it doesn't matter whether you married a sit at home wife or a career woman.

If my wife decides to embrace some selfish interests or make plans for my demise, then she's merely wasting her time. In my lineage, only my grandfather died "prematurely" at age 96. The house he left behind is currently wasting away cos grandmom at age 95+ don't need it anymore. All she does now is sleep and eat. The only way a selfishly acquired property would meet the intended purpose is when a spouse die prematurely (- now this is the message we preach).

@OP, whether in her name or not, if you both see yourselves together in year 2070, there wouldn't be a fight in the first place. However to avoid issues of any form, buy everything in the name - Mr & Mrs and save your marriage.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by spongeisback: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

See the way he wrote the ONLY in caps. grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Eketem: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
eyinjuege:
How you had the audacity to even mention your wife should leave a home she has labored for beggars belief.
She brought the business idea, she brought her own share of the money, you guys made money and shared it equally , you spent your own share on important matters too, she bought the land and starts building , you built your parents home which is also important, yet your mouth was not heavy enough to ask your wife to pack out?
You are a devil sir, no matter how you try to paint it. A destiny destroyer. Any body that decides not to see you evil ways will be treated same way you did your wife, you didn't want her to eat the fruit of her major.

Don't mind them gathering here as if he revealed some super secret. I only am upset that the silly women will hand over the documents to him and he will continue the empty boasting

34 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Eketem:

He thinks it is her job to keep the marriage, he thinks he can keep her hanging without divorcing her, I blame her because she is begging him and opening posts to ask for advise, if she had womaned up and called his bluff he won't be so rude and arrogant

Absolutely agree!

However, we are still Africans no matter how schooled or exposed we are. Our husbands are our lords. Not our faults, our parents, our religions and our society say that's how it should be. I honestly don't have a problem with this so long as the man is fair in his dealings.

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by JoannaSedley(f): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
This is exactly what she wrote. There is no true story here.

Your ego has destroyed your home oga.

I wish she would woman up and divorce your sorry as.as.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
spongeisback:

See the way he wrote the ONLY in caps. grin

Na for emphasis grin grin grin

Oga sir!

13 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by spongeisback: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
It's only a wicked person that would support him. The wife even tried to cover him up and he came to disgrace himself. How can you send your wife packing because of an argument
eyinjuege:
You are a devil sir, no matter how you try to paint it. A destiny destroyer. Any body that decides not to see your evil ways will be treated same way you did your wife, you didn't want her to eat the fruit of her labor.
Spare me the BS of loving her, and just joking with her about that rubbish that came out of your mouth that she should pack out.
I wish you family the best sha, but i would still advice your wife to keep her property in her name. If her work allows a transfer to where you are based, she may follow you, otherwise let her face her work.
The children should stay where it makes sense for them to. If it would affect their schooling, let them stay back where they are. If they are old enough, they can equally stay with their father. Nothing wrong with that, their mother can always visit.

56 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Eketem: 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
sisisioge:

Absolutely agree!

However, we are still Africans no matter how schooled or exposed we are. Our husbands are our lords. Not our faults, our parents, our religions and our society say that's how it should be. I honestly don't have a problem with this so long as the man is fair in his dealings.

Okay na, let the African women continue to enjoy their slavery, when una taya una go find road

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by elektra(f): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
I don't know why you are referring your version as the true story, this is the exact story your wife told us.

Now let's be honest with each other, I know you know that the document should not be changed to your name ONLY.
She put in 100% of her part of the profit into that house. You split yours into three, contributed a lot less than she did. Why do you feel you deserve to have your name ONLY on the document? Why aren't you asking for both your names on the document?

You are planning to take away something very precious to your wife (her kids) because you want to cheat her out of the house.
You know your wife will probably choose her kids over the house, aren't you being wicked?
So this is how your wife will entirely lose out of that business that she worked so hard for?
Once she changes the document to your name, you will own both your parent's house and the house your wife built. And she will have nothing to show for her sweat

You claim you did not mean it when you asked her to leave the house. I don't believe it, because if you can cheat her entirely out of her efforts like this then you likely meant what you said

131 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by sisisioge: 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Eketem:

Okay na, let the African women continue to enjoy their slavery, when una taya una go find road

grin grin grin grin grin

Don't give up on us just biko.

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by spongeisback: 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:

Divorce is extreme tho. She should just be very very careful of him. A man that can leave his family because of property can do ANYTHING!

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:

@Op you see the kind of advise I was talking about ? Very bitter women who secretly envy your peacefull and happy home will instigate your wife to scatter her own home too so they can form an association.........Hi Joan grin grin grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by JoannaSedley(f): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
spongeisback:

Divorce is extreme tho. She should just be very very careful of him. A man that can leave his family because of property can do ANYTHING!
You think he can kill her right I have the same thought too. Obviously, this guy is embittered on what is probably an affront to his masculinity. He wants a woman he can ride but got ridden to the ground by a smarter and wiser XX chromosome. The wife should be at alert.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by JoannaSedley(f): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Guitarlife:

@Op you see the kind of advise I was talking about ? Very bitter women who secretly envy your peacefull and happy home will instigate your wife to scatter her own home too so they can form an association.........Hi Joan grin grin grin
grin Stop projecting your failed relationship to me please. I am not the one creating thread all over town cos of my "fiancé". Whining every chance I got of my fiance being too opinionated and expressive. grin.
An already failed marriage is what you are trying to salvage?. He he he. The man left his family and you are pointing your shrivelled guitar fingers on the woman. Be factual. The marriage was doomed the moment the husband told the wife to get out of his "house" and got the shocker of his life.

65 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Acidosis(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
grin Stop projecting your failed relationship to me please. I am not the one creating thread all over town cos of my "fiancé". Whining every chance I got of my fiance being too opinionated and expressive. grin.
An already failed marriage is what you are trying to salvage?. He he he. The man left his family and you are pointing your shrivelled guitar fingers on the woman. Be factual. The marriage was doomed the moment the husband told the wife to get out of his "house" and got the shocker of his life.

You're wrong, the idea of having "my house" and "your house" in a so called marriage fast tracked the separation. The more you have things in common with your spouse (includes joint investments, businesses, love, kids, sex, even eating together), the harder it becomes to separate. Marriage is all about togetherness, marriage has its own principles.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Mycoin(m): 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
It is gruesome
Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by oloyede252(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
some people by force by fire are just trying to add new members to their association. if you know, you know.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Hotfreeze: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
Look at how Nairalanders have misled this one. Teenagers and serial cheats are advising this man and his wife to the point of ruining their marriage.

Secondly, when you have my property and your property, my parents and your parents, my house and your house, that marriage won't last.

That being said, you should be ashamed of yourself for asking your wife to leave the house for you. However, I feel the way she told you must have felt like a form of castration to you. grin

Maybe you should go out and let the useless girls of today ruin you finally so that you can spend your old age in regrets. If you had commonsense, you'll shut up, stay in that house and build your home.

I hope you guys find a middle ground and compromise in all these.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by delishpot: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
You did not mean the get out of your house? Can you imagine sha. If tables turn and she had kicked you out (wittout meaning it) would you not say it is an insult? Yet you do it and call it normal? Women are enduring something sha.

Anyway, mr man go and fix your marriage o. You two should seek counselling and try to build back the love that once was.

54 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Her Ex On Their Matrimonial Bed In Ibadan / Help With Wife's Sleeping Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.