Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,573 members, 7,781,855 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:45 PM

Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups (1692 Views)

DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) / Help I Am A First Time Dog Owner Having Difficult Time With Training My Pups. / End Time Dog: A Dog Seen Smoking, Causes Stir Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by doreanskennels: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
I never planned to be a dog breeder but as at today, I have 3 adult Boerboels and 9 4 weeks old puppies. My oldest dog gave birth to 9 beautiful pups on the 25th of June 2018. Permit me to share my experience with you.

When I moved into a new apartment in Surulere, my neighbor and I had a security man that goes out to work during the day and is expected to secure the house at night. But I discovered that, the security man is always fast asleep during the night. Infact, on one occasion, I had
to open the gate, drove in and entered my apartment without this guy waking up.

That experience was the last straw that broke the camel's back and the guy had to go. Rather than getting another security man, I decided to get a GSD but had to give the GSD out eventually when he wasn't serving the purpose, I got it. In fact, it rarely barks.

I then got a female boerboel pup from my friend and that was the genesis of the Doreans Kennels. The pup was named Roxy and she grew very fast. She came on heat twice and it never resulted into pregnancy despite churning out alot of money to my vet to cater for the boarding, handling and mating. I then decided to get my own male, so I wont have to start looking for a male when my female comes on heat. The male was named Rex and I then got another female and named her Ruby.

When Roxy came on heat in April this year, I just allowed Rex to do the business and two months later, I have 9 beautiful pups. I intend to keep one of the pups because of the rare colour. The second female is currently on heat but I am yet to recover from the nursing of these 9 pups. I intend to wait till her second heat around December and whilst Roxy, the nursing Dam should be on heat around October.

That's my breeding journey in summary, still learning the ropes but at least I am getting better at dog breeding.

As at the time of this post, the pups are 4 weeks and are available for booking. You can get in touch via call or whatsapp on 08062802266.

Thanks for stopping by

Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by ademoladeji(m): 3:45am On Jul 21, 2018
Leave your number... how much make person wey wan buy call.

Price before Whatsapp
Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by senatorken01(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2018
I intend going into it soon,what are your challenges and what are the drugs administered, per week,month or year. also the symptoms in case of sickness and other general issues to be aware of, kindly share. God Bless
Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by doreanskennels: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Kindly call or whatsapp 08062802266
Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by doreanskennels: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
senatorken01:
I intend going into it soon,what are your challenges and what are the drugs administered, per week,month or year. also the symptoms in case of sickness and other general issues to be aware of, kindly share. God Bless

I am not a pro yet, I still learn but I will share my experience for the past two years.

Food
The major cost for the breeding of dogs is in their food. They are carnivores, hence they require much protein in their food. The protein they require is the animal protein and not plant protein. If at all you are to use the plant protein, it should to compliment and not as the main source of protein. You may decide to cook for them if you have the time and dry can go on dry foods if you have the capacity. But you get to spend more if you go the dry route especially if you have more than one dog and they eat more as they grow older though at a reduced frequency. m

Rather than go for dry food which is way off my budget for 3 adult dogs, I decided to cook for my dogs. I either use rice and chicken or noodles and chicken. Thats what I have been using

Health
I had a vet that was coming to take care of them every month and when I discovered that I was being ripped off, I discontinued the service when I moved to my own house. September will make it a year I stopped using the vet monthly. Once you adopt a good hygiene system for them. good nutrition, bathe them regularly and excercise or walk them, they are ok. Though, sickness comes once in a while, I call in a vet at that point.

Another thing that is helping me is I am in a different groups of seasoned dog breeders that are ready and willing to assist when you have any issue.

Hope that helps
Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by senatorken01(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
doreanskennels:

I am not a pro yet, I still learn but I will share my experience for the past two years.

Food
The major cost for the breeding of dogs is in their food. They are carnivores, hence they require much protein in their food. The protein they require is the animal protein and not plant protein. If at all you are to use the plant protein, it should to compliment and not as the main source of protein. You may decide to cook for them if you have the time and dry can go on dry foods if you have the capacity. But you get to spend more if you go the dry route especially if you have more than one dog and they eat more as they grow older though at a reduced frequency. m

Rather than go for dry food which is way off my budget for 3 adult dogs, I decided to cook for my dogs. I either use rice and chicken or noodles and chicken. Thats what I have been using

Health
I had a vet that was coming to take care of them every month and when I discovered that I was being ripped off, I discontinued the service when I moved to my own house. September will make it a year I stopped using the vet monthly. Once you adopt a good hygiene system for them. good nutrition, bathe them regularly and excercise or walk them, they are ok. Though, sickness comes once in a while, I call in a vet at that point.

Another thing that is helping me is I am in a different groups of seasoned dog breeders that are ready and willing to assist when you have any issue.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the information, can you kindly add me up to the group of the dog breeders please. 08032281077. God bless. Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Diary Of A First Time Dog Breeder With 9 Solid Boerboel Pups by SamBalo08935: 6:41pm On May 12, 2022
Please add me to your WhatsApp Group 09068165839

(1) (Reply)

See The Long Black Snake At My Friend’s Backyard ( PIC ) / Superlastrically Beautiful 6months Old Slant Female Gsd For Sale / Baby Baboon For Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.