Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,475 members, 7,801,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Oyo State Election: OYSIEC Refuses To Pay Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Election: OYSIEC Refuses To Pay Workers (314 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu / OYSIEC Declares PDP Winner In 32 LGAs, Fixes Wednesday For Ido LG Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Election: OYSIEC Refuses To Pay Workers by IDnoble1: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2018
It's over two months now since the announcement of the local government election results by Mr John Ajeigbe, the Chairman of Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission in Ibadan and the commission has refused to pay the contract staff used for successful execution of the exercise.
In spite of substandard treatments received by the staff who functioned as presiding officers and assistant presiding officers since the eve of the election day from the commission and the risk involved in the job, the workers have received no benefit as the fruits of their labour.
Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Oyo State Election: OYSIEC Refuses To Pay Workers by mrbalo: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
I wonder why the Oyo state governments is doing this for the poor youths who sacrificed the time and precious lives to work in the election process. People did the job with all the great risk and inhuman treatment from oysiec even without knowing how much they will be paid. Even the so called councillors and chairmen that were voted in have collected their first month salaries (if not second ) by now with all their misterious allowances. I don't want to believe that the governor doesn't know about this cos the news spreading before now was that they were busy in the court with some people who rejected the result of the elections in some wards.
I think this is to callous of the Ajimobi admistration. Small time now they will come out and say Nigerian youths are lazy.

(1) (Reply)

Press Release / Rise In Crude Oil Prices To Raise Nigeria’s Economy By 2.3% In 2019 / BREAKING News: Fire Guts Governor Aregbesola’s Office In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.