Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows (4322 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Enyeama & NFF Officials Having Lunch After Settling Their Differences / Oliseh & His Foreign Assistant Coach As NFF Unveils Them (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by shadrach77: 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
Show Of Shame At Eagles’ Camp: Kanu, Etuhu Escape Head Blows, As Officials Clash
print
Author: Date: Jun 14th, 2010. | Category: News, Today's Headlines. | Follow comments: RSS 2.0. | You can leave a response below. |

The Federal Government of Nigeria better act fast otherwise the infighting between some officials of the national team may scuttle the progress of the Super Eagles at the ongoing World Cup in South Africa.

P.M.Sports watched in awe, how two prominent officials, ASP Gideon Akinsola, the Camp Commandant and Eagles’ Coordinator, Emmanuel Attah exchanged hot words right in front of the players this afternoon.

The show of shame, which lasted for about ten minutes around 1.30 p.m at the entrance of Eagles’ Waterfront Hotel camp in Richards Bay, was almost getting into physical blows when Skipper Nwankwo Kanu and Dickson waded into the fracas.

ASP Gideon Akinsola (right), Eagles’ Camp Commandant and Coordinator.

Kanu, who did not feature in Eagles’ opening match in Johannesburg on Saturday, almost received head blows as the feuding Akinsola and Attah tried to hit each other in the face.

‘‘Hey brothers, stop this now, what’s up now? This is not good for us at this crucial time. Please Etuhu hold Akinsola’’, Kanu said as he separated the officials. As Kanu was pushing Attah away from the scene, Etuhu, who plays for English Premier League Club, Fulham urged Akinsola to go to his duty post. Both players, who were on their ways out to the Mall, spent extra minutes to stop the ranting officials, who threatened to continue with the personality clash later.

P.M.Sports investigations revealed that Akinsola and Attah have personality clash and have been fighting over who should be in charge of the squad’ daily routine.

Bola Omilabu, The Nation Newspapers Sports Photographer, who witnessed the clash expressed disappointment over the unending crisis between Akinsola and Attah, saying: ‘‘This is too bad for our nation. The officials would have gone into the Hotel to settle the issue quietly instead of disgracing themselves in the presence of the players’’.

The FIFA officials and South African security personnel attached to the Eagles also expressed shock at the open crisis.

It would be recalled that Akinsola and Attah had a similar quarrel during the African Cup Of Nations in Angola in January this year.

The officials of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF are yet to react to the crisis, but Kanu promised to take the case to the body before their next training tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Kanu and his teammates spent today, their rest day to visit Shoprite and The Mall in Richards Bay, to do some shopping as the coach wants the squad to get down to serious business from tomorrow ahead of Thursday’s second Group B match against Greece.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by Kgdavid(m): 12:50am On Jun 15, 2010
what a shame but i have to say i am not surprised at all. a leopard cannot change its spots and since most of these NFF boys are animals what else do we really expect from them? guy post a link abeg, let me look at the pictures of those animals ( i love wild life)
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by sayso: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2010
Nigeria always in the news for the wrong reasons.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by tosinaded(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2010
are they NFF officials?
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by ajayilagos: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
Good image of Nigeria politicians at home showing in soccer abroad, No bi today Nigeria senators they throw blow too
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by larimo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
tosinaded@:

are they NFF officials?

NFF officers grin grin

Shame!
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by ziga: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
Dem journalist these days no dey get camera, or voice recorder

The story has a lot of holes in it, an i know some people will do anything to get money.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by sirp2007: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
The most unreliable source of information to believe is pm news.Quote me anywhere.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by 190: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
Up 9ja
we can never carry last
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by maedan(f): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
This may actually have happened undecided.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by KennyG6(m): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
maedan:

This may actually have happened undecided.
i can bet it DID HAPPEN, this is naija
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by Woke4all(m): 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
For 9ja Nobody won subject himself everybody won be king.

Na wa 4 dose two guys Ooooo.

Even kanu won hold fight, Hw wish dem blow he lip tear he 4 believe na.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by eros(m): 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
What else could possibly make them fight except who will be positioned in a strategic place where he will get hand outs from the players. Pathetic greedy old men
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by matoyeh(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U make me laugh boy, Up Nigeria, U failed, instead of you people to strategise the way to win the nex match, you were exchanging blow, UP NIGERIAAAAAAAA!!!! E better, Dont just remove the teech of you good midfielder, Etuhu, bECAUSE NA DA 1 GO CAUSE QUAREL BETWEEN ME AND THE FAKE AND shocked shocked shocked :oDESPIRATE OFFICIALLLLSSSS
grin grin grin
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by Rastamann: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
What do you expect? These guys are really fight for their pockets. Imagine the calibre of people managing our national team. What shame!
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by wazobiang: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2010
sack d two now before i open my eyes.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by bisiaet: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
Are they bitten by rabies infected dogs? Why all the time this officials are just too silly about things sometime? Everytime their is trouble in any of Nigerai team camp anywhere in the world is NFF officials, I think it is better the name is change from NFF to [b]Nigeria Fool Fighters[/b]Nonsense.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by CarlosVent(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
DEY ARE FIGHTING FOR D MILLIONS.
HABA
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by kpalasa69(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ awoke4all, you just made my day, me wey dey sick as i rread ur comment i just tire with laugh, grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by Ranoscky(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
We dey here dey luk 4 hu go represent 9ja 4 boxin, since dem don use blow design Samuel Peter face.

Na'em doz 2senseless margutt and bedburg hide demsef 4 hotel dey show dia small talent.   angry
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by soltex(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
I sure say na money!!! Cos dat fight.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by 9jafreak: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
PM NEWS

PM NEWS

PM NEWS

Man must Chop Now

Abi?
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by sley4life(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2010
Those 4oolish men involvd should be thrown in jail for at least 6months for trying to disgrace the nation internationally
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by SLIGHT(m): 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
c as all of una dey condemn them, like say if na una person try una no go wh0z person slap.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by udobim: 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
sure its about money.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by 9ja4eva: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
Make dem no worry e be like say dem dey miss 9ja

They will all be home in a weeks time.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by toothpick(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
What they could not achieved on the field by beating Argentina, they think it will be possible off the pitch.ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY! Only God will judge them!
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by kobikwelu(m): 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
sure its about money

i doubt that,
they were dragging one south afikaan babe tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by philip0906(m): 12:12am On Jun 16, 2010
No be P.M News shocked shocked shocked.These same people wey kill DaGrin b4 him die with their headline.but if na true,then na real wah 4 we people o.i no sey e no go pass woman or money. undecided
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 16, 2010
Typical Nigerian way of settling disputes. Most N/Landers castigating these guys would have physically attacked many fellow N/Landers giving the opportunity to meet them physically. Come to the Politics section, you will understand what am driving at.
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by babsmii(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2010
philip0906:

No be P.M News shocked shocked shocked.These same people wey kill DaGrin b4 him die with their headline.but if na true,then na real wah 4 we people o.i no sey e no go pass woman or money. undecided

really?
Re: Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows by blankees(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2010
Naija, always making an impact wherever they are present. Notin do una ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Embarrassing" Photo Of San Antonio Spurs Players Leaked / Strictly Sport Trading / Greece Vs South Korea [0 - 2] June 12, 2010 @ World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.