Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August (19065 Views)

Relocate Katsina Airport Project And Risk 2027, Katsina Elders Warn Tinubu / Bayelsa: Wike Says Dickson Traded Off Bayelsa To APCBut Was Blocked By Silva / PDP Elders Claim Jonathan Traded Bayelsa To Free Himself, Wife From Prosecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by ManirBK: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2018
The Bayelsa State Government has confirmed that President Muhammad Buhari is expected to commission the multi billion naira international airport next month, saying the airport is one of the legacy projects that will change the economic fortunes of the state and bring about prosperity for the people.
The airport according to the State Government is over 95 percent completed.

The State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Hon. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, who made this known Friday after a media tour of the airport, said the airport will create massive job opportunities for Bayelsans and will be a leading investment destination as well as a hub for business when it becomes fully operational.

‘’There will be more business opportunities, more investment opportunities and more revenue. It is indeed a dream come through for us as a government. We are so excited about this project because of the massive benefits the state and our people will derive from it.

https://leadership.ng/2018/07/20/bayelsa-govt-confirm-pmb-visit-to-commission-multi-billion-maura-airport-project/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by ManirBK: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2018
Any time I see Buhari, I see hope, I see humility, I see integrity, I see leadership charisma, I see a rebirth, I see impending joy, I see resolution, I see honesty, I see sincerity, I see sobriety, I see truth, I see restoration, I see prosperity, I see determination, I see patriotism, I see national consciousness, I see national awarenesses, I see passion and above all, I see an indivisible Nigeria.
May God bless the day we voted Buhari to power again, by God's grace 2019

113 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2018
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
How will Bayelsans see this amiable President coming over to commission their Airport while their son of the soil was a Governor in the same state for years, he became a Vice President and a President for 6 years without doing same.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT, we can't shout! cheesy

71 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by OLORIPAPA: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2018
I see
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by kolafolabi(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2018
I salute Gov. Seriake Dickson. Wike and Fayose should emulate him. No permanent enemy in politics!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Omeokachie: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2018
To the lazy BMC youths above that failed to read the report before jumping in to ascribe the project to the incompetent tyrant...
Reason why N30k is all that is needed to mortgage their future.

" The Bayelsa Government spokesman stated that the airport is fully funded by the state government after the federal government pulled out from an earlier agreement which would have seen it provide counterpart funds for the construction of the terminal building, control tower, hangar and fire bay."

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Sharpshooota: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2018
ManirBK:
Any time I see Buhari, I see hope, I see humility, I see integrity, I see leadership charisma, I see a rebirth, I see impending joy, I see resolution, I see honesty, I see sincerity, I see sobriety, I see truth, I see restoration, I see prosperity, I see determination, I see patriotism, I see national consciousness, I see national awarenesses, I see passion and above all, I see an indivisible Nigeria.

Buhari means death... Hopelessness... Hunger and despair

Buhari is a terrorist whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures

Buhari is a disaster

Buhari is a disgrace to Nigerians and the black race in general...

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by bestview: 11:54am On Jul 21, 2018
Dickson is working
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Sharpshooota: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2018
post=69576053:
GOD BLESS MY PRESIDENT.
How will Bayelsans see this amiable President coming over to commission their Airport while their son of the soil was a Governor in the same state for years, he became a Vice President and a President for 6 years without doing same.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT, we can't shout! cheesy

Zombies cant read grin
They actually think the dullard of Daura had something to do with this awesome project done solely by the government of Dickson...

Zombies are pathetic things grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by madridguy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Good development.
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
shocked

The poster below me, do you know what you are saying
The said airport is a Bayelsa State government project

1. The airport will add to the economy of Bayelsa State, no doubt but what will be the traffic via BY?

2. 98% of the jobs in that airport will be done by people from other states (how many qualified persons are in BY?)

3. Port Harcourt already has an international airport (in poor state now though), Asaba has too, who would the airports serve Most Bayelsans (about 900,000 persons- check NPC's projection figures) are poor and very little industries are present there.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by feezy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
What GEJ could not do. SMH

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by obembet(f): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
PHILipu1:

God bless PMB.
Your PDP can keep sponsoring this killers but one day will be one day.
I just hope people like you will not cry witch hunting when PMB will get this people arrested.

Animal

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by solutionist: 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one Seriake Dickson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by solutionist: 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
feezy:
What GEJ could not do. SMH

But he built a University there, and 20 others in other parts of the country. Including one in Duara.

Anyone who has visited Bayelsa would know that the state needed a University more than an airport.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by frowland(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
Omeokachie:
To the lazy BMC youths above that failed to read the report before jumping in to ascribe the project to the incompetent tyrant...

" The Bayelsa Government spokesman stated that the airport is fully funded by the state government after the federal government pulled out from an earlier agreement which would have seen it provide counterpart funds for the construction of the terminal building, control tower, hangar and fire bay."
That was under GEJ. I can authoritatively tell you that the current federal govt and bayelsa government have been working on the agreement on part of the deal.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Bossontop(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
undecided
Ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by emmyt2: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Not minding the sabotage, this president will certainly reshape this country if given the second chance.
BABA CARRY GO

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
These people continue to build airports when there's no air travel demand. Spending so much on this one-flight-a-week airport is waste of resources and an avenue to loot.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Laeroy(f): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Buhari means death... Hopelessness... Hunger and despair

Buhari is a terrorist whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures

Buhari is a disaster

Buhari is a disgrace to Nigerians and the black race in general...

Omo you dey vex ooooo...
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by yazach: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
The good man ever step that land

PMB you already have bayelsa come 2019

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Tinlar: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
ManirBK:
Amen God will bless those that wish this country well, while those that think otherwise, Almighty God will change there minds.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by solutionist: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
emmyt2:
Not minding the sabotage, this president will certainly reshape this country if given the second chance.
BABA CARRY GO

Apparently, you didn't read the article.
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Tinlar: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
ManirBK:
May ,God bless the day we voted Buhari to power again, by God's grace 2019
Amen God will bless those that wish this country well, while those that think otherwise, Almighty God will change there minds.Well-done progressive Governor, you will reap from your labour.
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Sharpshooota: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
sad sad
Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
ManirBK:

Eh yaaa! Them done comot this one brain take drink fura da nono.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August by Tinlar: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
Omeokachie:

we ,sorry I need more light on this your write up, when,time,who,which government terminate or pull out of the contract.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let’s Join Hands To Kick Buhari Out — Falae / Atiku, Obi Lied 6 Times During Town Hall Programme — APC / 16 Killed In Monday Night Attack In Sokoto – Governor Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.