Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi (51742 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ / If Peter Obi Win A Single State Outside Southeast I Will Deactivate My Acco / Igbo Could Be The Best If They Find The Missing Piece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by TundeBricklayer: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
You later became an Executive Director at NITEL, where you retired. What lessons can you share over the course of your career and life?

Trust God, be straightforward and love your neighbour as yourself. If people have these virtues, they will put their country first in all they do and their lives will be meaningful. It’s unfortunate many people don’t put their country first. If so, how can pensioners not be paid their dues after working for so many years? How can people who just found their way to political leadership amass oil blocs for themselves and be making billions of naira? It’s because of selfishness.

When I was in England, I stumbled upon a research that a lot of great countries had their development after a war. The US became so great after the civil war; there was no civil war in Britain and that is why they are not fantastically great. The man who developed rocket technology and space science (Wernher von Braun) did it after the American civil war. He was a German Jew.

During that time, it wasn’t easy for the Nazi regime to spy Britain because it is an island, surrounded by the sea. If you wanted to cross over to the country, you would be seen, unlike Switzerland and France. So, Hitler called Braun and asked how they could spy over Britain? Braun told Hitler not to worry. He developed rockets and they were sending them to Britain without leaving Germany. If not because of America, Britain would have been wiped out. They cried to America and because of the experience the US had during the civil war, they were able to stop the bombardment of the rockets. The Americans then called Braun and asked how he was able to develop the rockets. They took him to their country and that was how they decided to work with him. His efforts made America to send man to Moon in 1969.

Nigeria would have developed a similar technology if not that they advised us wrongly. After the civil war, what Nigeria should have done was to call the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo and reason together. We could have asked how the Igbo man built the guns and bombs used during the war. But the White didn’t want us to reason that way, they knew they wouldn’t be able to sell their wares to us, so they dispersed us. The Igbo developed the radio and others and they are still using the residual knowledge to develop some things today. When I was working in the South-East and I saw what the Igbo could do, I knew why what happened to us happened. We would have gone very far and would probably be at the same level with South Korea today. They disbanded the people then – their scientists, the engineers, all of them. These are the problems. We didn’t think too.

However, there was still the problem that amalgamation created for us. Today, the Northerners would have been in a worse condition because they had no access to the sea, nothing whatsoever then, unlike the South and the West. The White had seen this in 1914. They also did it that the population of the Northerners was twice that of the South and West so they could control the polity, which is why we can’t win elections. Whenever we are talking about elections, Yoruba won’t get along with the Igbo, the Igbo won’t also get along with Yoruba, but in the North, they always support themselves, especially when they are all in for a particular cause. Having worked with the Northerners, I can say they are more politically sophisticated than the rest of us.

http://punchng.com/i-nearly-ran-mad-when-my-mother-died-few-days-after-i-travelled-to-england-akinwumi/

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Donald95(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nigeria would have developed a similar technology if not that they advised us wrongly. After the civil war, what Nigeria should have done was to call the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo and reason together. We could have asked how the Igbo man built the guns and bombs used during the war. But the White didn’t want us to reason that way, they knew they wouldn’t be able to sell their wares to us, so they dispersed us. The Igbo developed the radio and others and they are still using the residual knowledge to develop some things today. When I was working in the South-East and I saw what the Igbo could do, I knew why what happened to us happened.

Even the holy book says, "Son, Listen to the words of the elders and it shall be well with you" This man is worthy to be listened to not The drug Lord in Lagos

Adolph Hitler is a German. Albert Einstein is also a German. U.S.A humbly went to Albert's works to get solution and today, they are enjoying the glory of being winner of the world war 2. Nigeria would have been far ahead if they had co-operated with Igbos not being envious.

God knows why he told man to humbly watch the lifestyle of ants (which man considers an inconsequential being )

291 Likes 23 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Nightmareo07: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by tstx(m): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
Igbo Amaka

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by ozoebuka1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin

Igbos are just ipob miscreant so sayeth my Yoruba Muslim brothers.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Ziggylady(f): 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
True talk Daddy Akinwunmi cheesy..

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Merimental(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
its in d DNA..IGBOS ar d future .Take it or leave it

169 Likes 12 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by diebuhari1: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one from Joshua Akinwunmi, a Yoruba Christian.
Let's wait for the opinions of Yoruba Muslims.

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by hisgrace090: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
If given the opportunity the Igbo's can make Nigeria great again.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by ISLAMBAD: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
Northerners are more politically sophisticated than Yorubas ...... Akinwumi(2018).

Afonjas, where is your SUFFERstification you have been shouting ?

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by ISLAMBAD: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
Donald95:

Even the holy book says, "Son, Listen to the words of the elders and it shall be well with you" This man is worthy to be listened to not The drug Lord in Lagos

Adolph Hitler is a German. Albert Einstein is also a German. U.S.A humbly went to Albert's works to get solution and today, they are enjoying the glory of being winner of the world war 2. Nigeria would have been far ahead if they had co-operated with Igbos not being envious.

God knows why he told man to humbly watch the lifestyle of ants (which man considers an inconsequential being )
Wonderful !!.
But I would like Igbos not to leak their secrete to any idiott.
That secret should be kept for future purpose because Nig will never be united forever.
Nigeria don't deserve such

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by EngrXrix(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
You later became an Executive Director at NITEL, where you retired. What lessons can you share over the course of your career and life?

Trust God, be straightforward and love your neighbour as yourself. If people have these virtues, they will put their country first in all they do and their lives will be meaningful. It’s unfortunate many people don’t put their country first. If so, how can pensioners not be paid their dues after working for so many years? How can people who just found their way to political leadership amass oil blocs for themselves and be making billions of naira? It’s because of selfishness. When I was in England, I stumbled upon a research that a lot of great countries had their development after a war. The US became so great after the civil war; there was no civil war in Britain and that is why they are not fantastically great. The man who developed rocket technology and space science (Wernher von Braun) did it after the American civil war. He was a German Jew. During that time, it wasn’t easy for the Nazi regime to spy Britain because it is an island, surrounded by the sea. If you wanted to cross over to the country, you would be seen, unlike Switzerland and France. So, Hitler called Braun and asked how they could spy over Britain? Braun told Hitler not to worry. He developed rockets and they were sending them to Britain without leaving Germany. If not because of America, Britain would have been wiped out. They cried to America and because of the experience the US had during the civil war, they were able to stop the bombardment of the rockets. The Americans then called Braun and asked how he was able to develop the rockets. They took him to their country and that was how they decided to work with him. His efforts made America to send man to Moon in 1969. Nigeria would have developed a similar technology if not that they advised us wrongly. After the civil war, what Nigeria should have done was to call the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo and reason together. We could have asked how the Igbo man built the guns and bombs used during the war. But the White didn’t want us to reason that way, they knew they wouldn’t be able to sell their wares to us, so they dispersed us. The Igbo developed the radio and others and they are still using the residual knowledge to develop some things today. When I was working in the South-East and I saw what the Igbo could do, I knew why what happened to us happened. We would have gone very far and would probably be at the same level with South Korea today. They disbanded the people then – their scientists, the engineers, all of them. These are the problems. We didn’t think too. However, there was still the problem that amalgamation created for us. Today, the Northerners would have been in a worse condition because they had no access to the sea, nothing whatsoever then, unlike the South and the West. The White had seen this in 1914. They also did it that the population of the Northerners was twice that of the South and West so they could control the polity, which is why we can’t win elections. Whenever we are talking about elections, Yoruba won’t get along with the Igbo, the Igbo won’t also get along with Yoruba, but in the North, they always support themselves, especially when they are all in for a particular cause. Having worked with the Northerners, I can say they are more politically sophisticated than the rest of us.
http://punchng.com/i-nearly-ran-mad-when-my-mother-died-few-days-after-i-travelled-to-england-akinwumi/

I totally agree. An average aboki is more informed that a Gee boy. Dont play with a northerner and his small radio.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by EngrXrix(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Trust God, be straightforward and love your neighbour as yourself. If people have these virtues, they will put their country first in all they do and their lives will be meaningful. It’s unfortunate many people don’t put their country first. If so, how can pensioners not be paid their dues after working for so many years? How can people who just found their way to political leadership amass oil blocs for themselves and be making billions of naira? It’s because of selfishness. When I was in England, I stumbled upon a research that a lot of great countries had their development after a war. The US became so great after the civil war; there was no civil war in Britain and that is why they are not fantastically great. The man who developed rocket technology and space science (Wernher von Braun) did it after the American civil war. He was a German Jew. During that time, it wasn’t easy for the Nazi regime to spy Britain because it is an island, surrounded by the sea. If you wanted to cross over to the country, you would be seen, unlike Switzerland and France. So, Hitler called Braun and asked how they could spy over Britain? Braun told Hitler not to worry. He developed rockets and they were sending them to Britain without leaving Germany. If not because of America, Britain would have been wiped out. They cried to America and because of the experience the US had during the civil war, they were able to stop the bombardment of the rockets. The Americans then called Braun and asked how he was able to develop the rockets. They took him to their country and that was how they decided to work with him. His efforts made America to send man to Moon in 1969. Nigeria would have developed a similar technology if not that they advised us wrongly. After the civil war, what Nigeria should have done was to call the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo and reason together. We could have asked how the Igbo man built the guns and bombs used during the war. But the White didn’t want us to reason that way, they knew they wouldn’t be able to sell their wares to us, so they dispersed us. The Igbo developed the radio and others and they are still using the residual knowledge to develop some things today. When I was working in the South-East and I saw what the Igbo could do, I knew why what happened to us happened. We would have gone very far and would probably be at the same level with South Korea today. They disbanded the people then – their scientists, the engineers, all of them. These are the problems. We didn’t think too. However, there was still the problem that amalgamation created for us. Today, the Northerners would have been in a worse condition because they had no access to the sea, nothing whatsoever then, unlike the South and the West. The White had seen this in 1914. They also did it that the population of the Northerners was twice that of the South and West so they could control the polity, which is why we can’t win elections. Whenever we are talking about elections, Yoruba won’t get along with the Igbo, the Igbo won’t also get along with Yoruba, but in the North, they always support themselves, especially when they are all in for a particular cause. Having worked with the Northerners, I can say they are more politically sophisticated than the rest of us.

I totally agree. An average aboki is more informed than a Gee boy. Dont play with a northerner and his small radio.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by EternalTruths: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
Op do you want to give Afonjas heart attack.?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Donald95(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

Wonderful !!.
But I would like Igbos not to leak their secrete to any idiott.
That secret should be kept for future purpose because Nig will never be united forever
Nigeria don't deserve such

I know, What am asking is that let them allow us be. Let them stop witch hunting us. We can transform those knowledge into cash and other useful things that will elevate majority of Igbos from poverty.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by OHOnairaland: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Back in my primary school time, we were thought how the name NIGERIA came about, the person that designed the Nigerian flag and what green white green signified. We were also tutored on the Nigerian coat of arm, the symbols thereon and what they stood for. I have grown up now as an adult only to realise that I don't know what our Naira - the Nigerian currency stands for nor how it came about. This is really shameful. I have not read about it anywhere and no school has ever thought me about it, not in the primary, secondary nor tertiary. Could there be a secrete surrounding the name as someone was making me believe recently? He said it meant Never Allow Igbos Rule Again. If it is not being taught, I personally think that such omission couldn't have been unintentional. Who can resolve the quagmire for me?

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by adadike(f): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
it is inborn! Fulani herdsmen should beware coz we all know that they are simply waiting for Buhari's reelection to continue their havoc. Ndigbo, let's preserve our history!

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by IslamicRebel: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
The evil islamic zoo called Nigeria.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by loveth360(f): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
God bless the land of the rising sun.

In Kanu's voice "We must continue"

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by ChristianNorth: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
ISLAMBAD:
Northerners are more politically sophisticated than Yorubas ...... Akinwumi(2018).

Afonjas, where is your SUFFERstification you have been shouting ?
Everybody knows that.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by HajimeSaito(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Donald95(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
EternalTruths:

It is lalasticlala and not lalasticlacla
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
The reasonable ones among us are Good people.
We know ourselves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by 3millionia: 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
IGBO AMAKA cool

Its sunday again Download Worship & Cloud By Dj Izybeatz - 55.75 Mb
https://mixtapes.ng/gospel-mixtape-worship-cloud-by-dj-izybeatz-55-75-mb/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by drips8(m): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Its a known fact

Igbos are industrious

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Metuh: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Akinwumi is an IPOB. grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Onechancearmy(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
North will be the poorest. They even know it.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by bjayx: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi by Metuh: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
post=69591962:
Good people
Take your fake love elsewhere.

Focus on your suya business

57 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ugwuanyi Visit Atiku / Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition / President-Elect, Buhari, Considers Only 19 Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.