Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops (2468 Views)

Create Federal Ministry Of Fulani Herdsmen Now —Gumi / Bandits Are Harvesting Our Crops, Katsina Monarch Cries Out / Fani-kayode Reacts To Call For Relocation Of Herdsmen From Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by awakeupcall4all(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
By Marie-Therese Nalong

Jos – Plateau State in the North Central of the country is blessed with diverse tourism potentials, clement weather, exotic fruits and accommodating people. These should naturally improve its internally generated revenue but that is not the case as Plateau, considered a “Civil Service State” is constantly plagued with one crisis or the other.
The crises have moved from Jos, the State capital to the hinterlands where the narrative has taken a new dimension. In the villages, hitherto “unknown gunmen” now called “suspected herdsmen” terrorized the indigenous tribes, uprooted them from their ancestral homes and took over their property. Despite the continued lamentations of the people and promises by the authorities of bringing perpetrators to book, not much has been done to ensure justice for the victims. Following the seeming failure of the government, there are now calls for self-defence by the people.

Those in support of the call for self-defence maintained that the country was on the brink of acute food shortage as farmers were being killed with cattle grazing on their farmlands while the farming communities have been sacked from their farms. Surviving farmers have now been accommodated in the Internally Displaced Persons camps spread across four local government areas of the State. Since the killing of over 200 people and displacement of thousands of survivors about a month ago, especially in Barkin Ladi and Riyom local government areas of the State, herders have continued to harvest crops found in the farms and destroying others thereby causing the survivors, especially those who took loans to cultivate the crops more trauma.

In the past two weeks, residents of the attacked communities, especially in Garshish District and Dorawa Babuje all in Barkin Ladi local government area have reported cases where “wives of our herders neighbours invaded our farms, harvesting our crops for themselves while their husbands grazed their cattle on the harvested farms.” A survivor of herders’ attacks, Pam Uba who had fled Dorowa Babuje with his family and were being accommodated by a friend in Pankshin local government area narrated his experience. He said, “Before my father’s death on May 2 this year, we had cultivated some farmlands but a week after his burial, we discovered that the Fulani people grazed their cattle on the farms and destroyed everything. “After the incident, we cultivated the farms again but last week Tuesday when we went to harvest our Irish potatoes, the farms were empty. They had harvested everything and after harvesting the potatoes, they put their cows in the farms to eat the maize.”

Another farmer, Ezra Matawal from Bokkos who had one hectare of farmland where he also cultivated maize and Irish potatoes said, “The Fulani people came and destroyed everything and all my labour and resources were wasted. I cultivated Irish potatoes and maize but at the time I was supposed to harvest the crops, they cut down everything in the farms.” A Ward Head (known as Mai Angwa) at Dorowa Babuje, Da Sambo Chollom told Saturday Vanguard, “I am highly disappointed and angry with what has happened because by now, I had wanted my people to go back home but it is not possible because there is nothing for us to eat as all the potatoes, the maize and other crops have been destroyed. “The herders have plucked virtually everything from our farms; we don’t know what to do. To enable us scavenge the few crops they left, we had to seek the assistance of the Mobile Police Force to go to the farms as we were tired of going to the Operation Safe Haven who would not respond to us when we sought their assistance. “We are at the camp at Werreh, life there has not been easy.
The people who are harvesting our crops are people we know, they are the Hausa people with whom we lived together. Sometimes, whenever we were going to our farms we would see them with hoes and bags coming from harvesting our crops. “Sometimes when we summoned courage to go to our farm, they would come and meet us there. The Fulani herdsmen who came to attack us were harboured in their houses and have gone but the Hausa people in the community are the ones harvesting our crops.” According to him, “I knew when the Fulani people came, I called the Mai Angwa in the Hausa community and asked him why he was accommodating the Fulani people and he was denying but when the attack happened, the attackers came out of their houses.” Piqued by the development, a former Chairman of

Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Plateau North, Rev. David Bamidele called on the federal government to do all within its powers to bring to an end the wanton attacks and killings of local farmers in the communities of Middle-Belt states and other parts of Nigeria to avoid a situation where people will begin to resort to self help. The cleric said the Federal government has what it takes to bring the carnage to a halt within a short time, stressing that if the government could order the Military to employ operation crocodile smile to bring the activities of IPOB in the South East to an end, the same government could use operation crocodile cry to halt the activities of herders currently on rampage in communities of Middle Belt States. He noted that it is the responsibility of government to rebuild the burnt houses of the victims who are now in IDP camps and take them back to their communities as displaced persons cannot afford to stay in camps for too long to avoid a situation where herders would turn the abandoned communities into permanent grazing land for their cattle.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/total-occupation-wives-of-herdsmen-now-harvest-our-crops/
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by awakeupcall4all(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
So these are the Gadaffi boys or so called politician harvesting peoples crops right??..Buhari the terrorist...Olohun ba e ja ooo!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
You would farm for cows and finally the ones that managed to grow would be stolen, despite unemployment at its peak.

Lets keep selling our votes, the chicken would soon come home to roost.

9 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by zionmde: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
One day One day, the remaining 370 tribes will turn against this one tribe that have vowed to remain cannibals all their lives. Their own might be the president today but it won't be forever

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by IsaAbubakar: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by ozoebuka1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
All those guys complaining are ipob miscreants...they are unpatriotic and don't like Buhari because he's from the north.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Amberon11: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hahahaha..... Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Sharpshooota: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
zionmde:
One day One day, the remaining 370 tribes will turn against this one tribe that have vowed to remain cannibals all their lives. Their own might be the president today but it won't be forever

And you think their eternal slaves won't come out from their caves to defend their masters...

When they told Nigerians to donate their land or risk being killed is when I knew the extent this terrorist party would go..

The number one agenda of APC is to forcefully take lands and hand it over to the Fulani people... There is a subtle jihad going on in the land

God punish APC supporters especially those from southern Nigeria.... Who through their deeds and utterances contribute to the annihilation of innocent people especially Christians... Useless zombies Who can't read the handwriting on the wall

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by EternalTruths: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
If only the Northern Christians will raise the flag of Biafra after signing a unification deal with IPOB.

8 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Sharpshooota: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
Cc paperwhite lzaa ziggylady immhotep pointzerom
The Jihad has begun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Paperwhite(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:
When they told Nigerians to donate their land or risk being killed is when I knew the extent this terrorist party would go..

The number one agenda of APC is to forcefully take lands and hand it over to the Fulani people... There is a subtle jihad going on in the land

God punish APC supporters especially those from southern Nigeria.... Who through their deeds contribute to the annihilation of innocent people especially Christians... Useless zombies Who can't read the handwriting on the wall
Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Paperwhite(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
shocked
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by ISLAMBAD: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist.

5 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Ziggylady(f): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:
The Jihad has begun

The predicted occupation has began..When sane raised alarm at the impending doom,zombies especially those cone-headed folks were labelling them IPOB and all..

Now this.....I have never liked buhari not because he is a Fulani (cos i didnt dislike Yaradua),but because i know for a fact he is a wicked,bigoted Fulani with an expansionist agenda..His 'muslims should vote muslims alone' mantra was when i wrote him off.

Unfortunately,he has turned out worse than i even envisaged.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by loveth360(f): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
is better than harvesting your heads.

People must learn how to accommodate herdmen and their cattle,if they enter you farm to graze,just allow them to graze and move over to another place,they wont chop your land.
By doing so we wont hear about killing again.
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Presidiotbuhari: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Buharii is a RAPI.ST allahh is a weakling god who depend on humans to fight for him. And finally all muslim are bloody terrorist and cow fucckers tongue

3 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
So the Libyans, Malians, Chadians have now grown wings to harvest crops planted by Nigerians in their own country and President Buhari couldn't do anything??

It Is Well embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by PointZerom: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:
The Jihad has begun

Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by PointZerom: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Presidiotbuhari:
Buharii is a RAPI.ST allahh is a weakling god who depend on humans to fight for him. And finally all muslim are bloody terrorist and

cow fucckers tongue

Cc madridguy sarkin cilicmarine omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy

2 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Rolings: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
IPod and children of hate masturbating all over the thread
Why not?
Its a story from their mouth piece vanguard

GO AND DIE ALL OF YOU
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by saaron(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Maybe they are wives of politicians causing Middle Belt Genocide according to buhari's terrorist govt.
THE CURRENT GENOCIDE AGAINST MIDDLE BELTERS BY FULANI TERRORIST HERDERS IS A STATE SPONSORED GENOCIDE PROGRAM BY BUHARI'S TERRORIST GOVT TO TAKE OVER LAND AND TERRITORY FOR FULANIS!!!

Buhari and his band of terrorist will be dragged to ICC to answer for his genocidal crimes through fulani terrorist herders.

5 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by saaron(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
zionmde:
Fulani cup is Full.

1 Like

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Kingspin(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
I.s.l.a.m.ic poo everywhere you go.
A religion that drive on crises.
That one na religion or cult group?

We hope the Fulanis through ministry of Agric. will send some of the harvests to Aso Rock for them to enjoy bloody-maize whose laborers where murders by their supporters.

3 Likes

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by leofab(f): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
It’s getting evident
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by Masterclass32: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
So the opposition/corrupt politicians that sponsor these killings (according to APC) have suddenly turned to farmers to harvest peoples' farms.

Make we dey tell ourself the truth o.

1 Like

Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by omowolewa: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
security issues in Nigeria is at it lowest
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by tungamaje: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
loveth360:
is better than harvesting your heads.

People must learn how to accommodate herdmen and their cattle,if they enter you farm to graze,just allow them to graze and move over to another place,they wont chop your land.
By doing so we wont hear about killing again.

Old wise grandma, please advise me your grandson: I borrowed from a bank to farm. I came to check my flourishing farm one day only to find herdsmen grazing in it, what should I do? What do you advise I tell the bank?
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by loveth360(f): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2018
tungamaje:

Old wise grandma, please advise me your grandson: I borrowed from a bank to farm. I came to check my flourishing farm one day only to find herdsmen grazing in it, what should I do? What do you advise I tell the bank?
your life or your farm,

choose one.
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by kurupt1: 9:19am On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=zionmde post=69583184]One day One day, the remaining 370 tribes will turn against this one tribe that have vowed to remain cannibals all their lives. Their own might be the president today but it won't be forever[/quote hmmm
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by KraticKratus: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
By Marie-Therese Nalong

Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Plateau North, Rev. David Bamidele called on the federal government to do all within its powers to bring to an end the wanton attacks and killings of local farmers in the communities of Middle-Belt states and other parts of Nigeria to avoid a situation where people will begin to resort to self help. The cleric said the Federal government has what it takes to bring the carnage to a halt within a short time, stressing that if the government could order the Military to employ operation crocodile smile to bring the activities of IPOB in the South East to an end, the same government could use operation crocodile cry to halt the activities of herders currently on rampage in communities of Middle Belt States. He noted that it is the responsibility of government to rebuild the burnt houses of the victims who are now in IDP camps and take them back to their communities as displaced persons cannot afford to stay in camps for too long to avoid a situation where herders would turn the abandoned communities into permanent grazing land for their cattle.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/total-occupation-wives-of-herdsmen-now-harvest-our-crops/

The bolded is why I don't pity them.
They are in on a loooong thing.
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by kurupt1: 9:28am On Jul 22, 2018
ozoebuka1:
All those guys complaining are ipob miscreants...they are unpatriotic and don't like Buhari because he's from the north.
How do you know they are IPOB,I guess you were with them in their houses when they posted their write ups.You guys have learnt a very bad habit,........once someone constructively criticizes Buhari you label the person IPOB so as to whip up tribal sentiments
Look at how messed up Nigeria has become under buhari regime ,from second fastest growing economy to the country will the most extremely poor people, all in just 3yrs!Just know when Buhari finally turns Nigeria to our worst nightmares you will be affected.Good morning
Re: Total Occupation: Wives Of Herdsmen Now Harvest Our Crops by ozoebuka1(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2018
kurupt1:
How do you know they are IPOB,I guess you were with them in their houses when they posted their write ups.You guys have learnt a very bad habit,........once someone constructively criticizes Buhari you label the person IPOB so as to whip up tribal sentiments
Look at how messed up Nigeria has become under buhari regime ,from second fastest growing economy to the country will the most extremely poor people, all in just 3yrs!Just know when Buhari finally turns Nigeria to our worst nightmares you will be affected.Good morning
Bro, chillax... I'm not afonja nor BMC, was only trying to show how afonjas act.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Shekarau's Senatorial Campaign In Kano (Photos) / See Aisha Buharis Cryptic Tweet After President's 'Risk Of Their Life' Statement / Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.