Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money (35071 Views)

Wema Bank Opens Innovative Trainning School For Old And New Staff / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / COVID-19: MTN Staff To Start Working From Home Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2018
Takeit2017:
As seen on Twitter. Effective or not?

http://trendinghelm..com/2018/07/bank-send-new-staff-to-prisons-for-tour.html

Sounds like intimidation to me.
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by LZAA: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2018
Obierika:

What's horrible about it?
It's stupid because graft almost always happens in financial institutions
Any normal person knows if u are caught,u will be prosecuted that's why ppl run after stealing
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by sexyanyabubakar(f): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
chukxie:
This is the kind of orientation our politicians and public office holders need. They should be shown the filthiest, most crowded, smelly and inhumane part of the prison because politicians in Nigeria steal with so much impunity.

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Uvuru: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
Take Okorocha, Amaechi, Adams and Bello to hellfire or even Amadioha, they will still loot their states dry.

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by SenorFax(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
wordcat:

God show you and who?

What?

When?

Where?

How?

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Obierika:

What's horrible about it?

The assumption is that the new employee has inclinations to be a thief, hence he should be forewarned.

This is how the black man thinks hence we are still eons behind the rest of the world.
How about raising the salaries from subsistence level and giving regular promotions, assuring staff of pensions and decent working hours, granting loans and showing good example from the top ? These will be just as effective as trying to intimidate workers.

Just imagine the degrading treatment these people are going through just because they want a job.
I want to puke at the things going on in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by meobizy(f): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is an old and still ongoing practice. All my friends working for banks have told me about this.
Apparently it does nothing, it only hardens most of the criminal minded ones' resolve to never get caught.

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

The assumption is that the new employee has inclinations to be a thief, hence he should be forewarned.

This is how the black man thinks hence we are still eons behind the rest of the world.
How about raising the salaries from subsistence level and giving regular promotions, assuring staff of pensions and decent working hours, granting loans and showing good example from the top ? These will be just as effective as trying to intimidate workers.

Just imagine the degrading treatment these people are going through just because they want a job. I want to puke at the things going on in Nigeria.

yea right

treating people like animals is the norm in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by zinizta: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Abjay97:
This is how God shows us what hell looks like in the bible, yet we still live anyhow..

So sad..

true

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by adeoba2008(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Was Celecia Ibru and Akingbola not taken to prison in their own days Just thinking aloud.

Nobody should castigate me this sunny Sunday.

Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by adadioranmah(f): 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
It is not a new thing
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Christianos: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
This practice is outright ridiculous, and I'm surprised at how it has been accepted as a norm. I view it as an assault on the dignity of employees, because it suggests that they will only abstain from fraud, IF they are scared, (or psychologically scarred) by a prison visit.
Well, this is Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by barinedan(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
Even if you send them to hell they will still embezzle if they want. Be like say una no know say na naija una dey?

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by HoreFegure(m): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yes they do. In fact even CBN takes you out for Prison visit, efcc visit etc

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by xtenxive(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
Teespice:
it is true.

my sis and her colleagues were taken to ikoyi prisons to show them what their fate would be should any of them commit any financial crime.

It probably is just a discretionary move. Not that they do this as a routine.
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by mimimile93: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
If it's in the blood they will still steal.

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Juliusdking(m): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
Abjay97:
This is how God shows us what hell looks like in the bible, yet we still live anyhow..

So sad..
na so

1 Like

Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by geodemainguy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
wordcat:

God show you and who?

What?

When?

Where?

How?
5W's and H. But why is missing.
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by histemple: 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
jaxxy:
Totally ridiculous to me. There are risks in every business. This is office abuse and intimidation. I don't believe this story.

In my bank, you must visit the prisons before you graduate from training school.
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by jaxxy(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
histemple:

In my bank, you must visit the prisons before you graduate from training school.

To do what? And how has dat deterred frauds? Anyways its only in Nigeria banks can treat their staffs as they like. They can ask u to kneel down and u will obey. When u don't hv a choice. The regulations guiding their conduct are weak.
Re: Bank Send New Staff To Prisons For A Tour To Deter Them From Embezzling Money by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Abjay97:

So sad..

Hmmm, Word! God help us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Pearlena Igbokwe Who Was Appointed Chairman Of Universal Studio Group In US / Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day / GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.