Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members (26638 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Moving Away From Extended Family Members.... / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by 1stNumeroUno: 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sometimes when my uncles, aunties, older cousins accuses me of not calling/checking on them I wonder 'maka 'WHY'?

I grew up minding my 'business' alot. And I hardly visit my extended families and whenever I do (maybe on errands for my parents) I hardly sleep over or stay more than hours. Non of these people ever raise concerns about me over that. But since I've graduated and started working its being all accusation of not calling and caring about them.

I thought I'm been hitted too much on this until I got to a family function today. I didn't have intention of going before but considering the wet weather that has refused to cease; I can't afford to see mum go through it all on her own. And she's not a e-hailing fan. Long story short, on getting to the venue it took just a moment and one of the uncles started the "you-dont-call-me" ish. While I was at my apologies speech, one of my other cousins arrived in his SUV. Believe me, his accusation was in grand style. Everyone were taking turn on this guy. I felt for him. At a point he just retreated to a corner with face fixed on his phone screen. This is a guy that grew up in Ghana and barely knew some of us.

Why do people have this see sense of entitlement over you suddenly when they barely care while you're growing up?

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:38am On Jul 22, 2018
Its African mentality, adults always want to be greated 1st but they forget that kids grow up and once a child is an adult treat him/her like an adult. They want to be checked up all the time but they never phone to check on you love and caring is two ways street. When kids are young to forced to great parents and adults as learning curve

Then finally the not calling after getting a job indirectly they want you call and get something from you and present becoz you now working. The sad thing is they want u to call and during the conversation they hint about giving elders gifts for more lucky in your life. Motherfucker they want the cake and eat it too aka you call them and they want small gifts

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:38am On Jul 22, 2018
Its African mentality, adults always want to be greated 1st but they forget that kids grow up and once a child is an adult treat him/her like an adult. They want to be checked up all the time but they never phone to check on you love and caring is two ways street. When kids are young to forced to great parents and adults as learning curve

Then finally the not calling after getting a job indirectly they want you call and get something from you and present becoz you now working. The sad thing is they want u to call and during the conversation they hint about giving elders gifts for more lucky in your life. Mother—fucker they want the cake and eat it too aka you call them and they want small gifts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by NinaJoy(f): 10:29am On Jul 22, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
Sometimes when my uncles, aunties, older cousins accuses me of not calling/checking on them I wonder 'maka 'WHY'?

I grew up minding my 'business' alot. And I hardly visit my extended families and whenever I do (maybe on errands for my parents) I hardly sleep over or stay more than hours. Non of these people ever raise concerns about me over that. But since I've graduated and started working its being all accusation of not calling and caring about them.

I thought I'm been hitted too much on this until I got to a family function today. I didn't have intention of going before but considering the wet weather that has refused to cease; I can't afford to see mum go through it all on her own. And she's not a e-hailing fan. Long story short, on getting to the venue it took just a moment and one of the uncles started the "you-dont-call-me" ish. While I was at my apologies speech, one of my other cousins arrived in his SUV. Believe me, his accusation was in grand style. Everyone were taking turn on this guy. I felt for him. At a point he just retreated to a corner with face fixed on his phone screen. This is a guy that grew up in Ghana and barely knew some of us.

Why do people have this see sense of entitlement over you suddenly when they barely care while you're growing up?
Dats just d African mentality, Entitlement, im currently on d other side I'm luking for a job and dry treat me like nothing and d worst part is dat its even coming from family friends sef dat I owe nothing just cos dey feel dey know ur parents for long dey feel entitled,, but I know it will not last,,,when I get a job I no go even look person face

12 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by OKUCHI11(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2018
space hooked
Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by mcdokwe(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2018
I wonder o.
I remember vividly, while growing up and in the euphoria of owning a phone, I would call almost everyone on the phone, checking up on them. If I hear there's a bomb blast in Abuja, I will call everyone I know in Abuja to be sure they're OK, when they come home (I stayed in the village) I will run errands their kids, younger than I am should be running, handle building projects for them for almost nothing when others would charge them exorbitantly, and dem go still forget me.

I continued when I got to the university, but whenever you call them, some will start telling you how hard things are, like you called to beg them for money, needless to say, I adapted to staying on my own but unfortunately, or maybe fortunately even so called friends, if you no dey remember me, stay on your own, the day we see we hail, but if you mistakenly ask why I don't check up on you, Na thunder go fire you. You wee tell me if your phone doesn't have a dial pad.

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by kidman96(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2018
Its no sense of entitlement, they are your family and getting in touch once in 2 months isn't harmless....

You never know their importance until there is a situation.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Ayo25: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2018
An elderly family member whom we both attend the same church saw me some few weeks after my service year and said you did not come to greet me when you returned. You can imagine my shock. This is somebody who never for once asked after me while I was in far away Kano during when Boko Haram reigneth supreme. Throughout my schooling in Lagos he offered no support and suddenly after service year he started forming family head that should be paid homage to.
If he were to be my mate I would have slapped him honestly.

31 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Ositace(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2018
lol..it's not a small something
Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by 1stNumeroUno: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

Then finally the not calling after getting a job indirectly they want you call and get something from you and present becoz you now working. The sad thing is they want u to call and during the conversation they hint about giving elders gifts for more lucky in your life. Mother—fucker they want the cake and eat it too aka you call them and they want small gifts

So annoying...and unfortunately enough they don't know that pushes you off the more.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by lawyerbabs(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2018
who extended family epp? make they all park well.

5 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Merimental(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Don't get it twisted,its all BORNE OUT of ENVY n bad belle...

7 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by bujebudanu1(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
I'm no family[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
That is African mentality I prefer to mind my business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by AgentGoat: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Why you sef no dey call them?
Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

...Everyone was...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by ednut1(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Some aspects of our culture has to go if we are to progress. If u were jobless or struggling dem no go send u

24 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by BlueRayDick: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2018
They are all like that. I personally don't give a 4ck about extended family. All I do is make sure my immediate family is well taken care of(My mum, dad and siblings whom we've been tru lot together). When an extended family member brings forth an accusation, I just allow them rant as much as they want and I just say ''No vex má, no vex sir''.

All those sense of entitlement NA for their pocket.

38 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Angelinastto(f): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2018
that's how they do.... most of them do not even care, they just wanna mark register.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Godful: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2018
show them love bro, Love never fails

1 Like

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by thatigboman: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2018
I dont call you. You, do u call me?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by igwec3: 11:54am On Jul 22, 2018
if you lost a very closed person within ur immediate family then you will know your call and ur presence to their houses is very important.

6 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Mobsync(m): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2018
They are only accusing you of not calling because they do not want you to accuse them of not calling. Although some make such accusations when they see that you're with dough. You know, maybe they might get one or two favours from you sometime in the future.

I have one wealthy dude on my FB who was complaining about the same thing about two months ago. He joked that he might as well hire a PA to call his relatives but they'll say he's proud.

7 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by thatigboman: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
igwec3:
if you lost a very closed person within ur immediate family then you will know your call and ur presence to their houses is very important.
forget that thing. Dont they have phones? Why dont they call as well?

9 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by fatymore(f): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
Apart from our immediate , We still need some Members of our extended family to get in touch with.. Like someone said, you may never know when you would need them.. Try alt o call them at least once in a while, even if it is happy new month messages, it Just a way to let them know you still have them in mind...

13 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by hotdealz(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

You be stingy person! You no wan help ur family people.

Why would they care about you then when you were broke? Abi you no know say na person wey dey find na em hand dey long pass?

3 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Medbally: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ositace:
lol..it's not a small something
Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by fatymore(f): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
thatigboman:
forget that thing. Dont they have phones? Why dont they call as well?

Even if they have phone.. .

I don't like calling people, infact people do complaining I don't but once in a blue moon I check on them, either by calling or messaging. .

Sometime I post on my whatsapp status.. Even if we ain't in touch.. my prayers are with you. ..

I can't have all what I need, there might be someone there who might be the link to my success among them..
I hate Calling Only when I need something from you...

7 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by uncleinans(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
People forget life is a two way street thing. My friends are more of a fam to me than extended family. They got me at my back, they ve been there through my whole struggle. Extended fam should stay where they belong. I have these cousins that stays in same city with me, they dont know my house, so i stopped going to their house too. Them no they feed me. Besides nothing gets me more angry than someone does something for you and then use it to either insult you later or brags bout it. By Gods grace, i will make it on my own without their help. They dont even know how i got this far.

23 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by ruffhandu: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
@1stNumeroUno

Accuse them back if you see any opportunity.

Some that accuse me of not coming to visit them in the village, my response: "Ah, I'm not a spirit that cannot be visited or called. Everybody knows where to find me. I know you don't just care enough about me".

Na them go begin defend themselves and apologize. Nonsense!

I no dey let that bother me. Sometimes they send such messages through my mother and I'll ask her if that person doesn't have my number.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by godfrey01(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
I can swear on this, since phone came out, my father's elder sister has never, called me for once. even when I was in the school, Nysc, till date she has never called. some relations don't care. they only call when the need something. example is my cousine. we grew up together, this guy will never ever call, the day he will call is either he wants to ask you what are the documents he should take to nysc camp,. and me I have learned to mind my own business...

3 Likes

Re: Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members by Dhayor001(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Bros (I just believe you are a guy)

Fill in the blank spaces for me...

You are "made".....(Yes/No)

You earn a good living.....(Yes/No)

You are financially comfortable.....(Yes/No)

You do not rely on any of these family members to survive.....(Yes/No)

If you answered Yes to any of the above then your dilemma is simple.

You live better than many of these family members .....(Yes/No)

Solution?

Stay away from many of these people or they will suck you dry

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Take Your Wife Back If She Cheats On You? / Share Your Addiction!! / Why He Cheated: Your kitty Stinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.