Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (102872 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by kris(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
What you quoted clearly says Giannis Tops the list. Read it again.

And I think what Sports Illustrated mean by African born is those players with distinct African ties whether born in Africa or abroad. I believe they refer to being born to an African parent.

Why you no put Giannis under the African bloodies you listed is the point. Also I’m sure Sports Illustrated did not use African-born to describe Aminu Al-Farouk. If they did, please post a link.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by kris(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ekaka1:
Like our current 17 world ranking over Germany , Canada and our old tormentor Angola cheesy

That was just in the tournament. The new ranking has us at 23. Germany and Canada are still ahead of us, but we should pass them very soon. Soon we will be in the top 10 in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
There is no point mister. You just failed to understand the post. That is the koko. Next time try to read through before you quote... you claimed you didn't see Giannis only to find out the post says he topped the list. On Aminu... I just told you what I feel SI is trying to pass across... a ranking of the best BB players with African traits. Simple as that. If you want further clarification on that, I'm sure you know the way to the SI site.

kris:

Why you no put Giannis under the African bloodies you listed is the point. Also I’m sure Sports Illustrated did not use African-born to describe Aminu Al-Farouk. If they did, please post a link.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
ubcandid:

Things are rapidly changing in the US bro, the level of soccer followership is peaking high.
yea due to the many foreigners in the US (Mexicans (
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by jargooflife912(m): 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
isaiah9:
World Cup Jersey
where can I get this jersey?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
After two years of absence from the national women`s team, the 2017 Afrobasket Champion Upe Atosu rejoins DTigers for the Olympic pre-qualifiers scheduled to hold this month. Atosu was named as one of the twelve players invited for the competition by Head Coach Otis Hughley.

The full list is as follows;

Upe Atosu, Ezinne Kalu, Promise Anumakara, Atonye Nyingifa, Sarah Imovbioh, Evelyn Akhator, Adaora Elonu, Aisha Balarabe, Ify Ibekwe, Victoria Macaulay, Elizabeth Balogun, Pallas Kunnayi-Akpannah

The pre-qualifying tournament will be held in Mozambique from Thursday, November 14 to Sunday, November 17, 2019. Nigeria is grouped along with Mozambique and the Democratic Republic of Congo
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Pallas Kunnayi-Akpannah and Elizabeth Balogun are new additions to D'Tigress. Pallas was part of the preliminary squad for the last Afrobasket Women's tournament, but did not make the final roster.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:01am On Nov 14, 2019
D'Tigress face Democratic Republic, today, at 2:30pm Nigerian time.

Go D'Tigress!!
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
The Congolese team did not show up.. So it’s onto the next game, on Saturday, against Mozambique
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
PDPGuy:
The Congolese team did not show up.. So it’s onto the next game, on Saturday, against Mozambique

This qualifier does not make sense
FIBA Africa got this wrong.

D tigress should have qualified automatically

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
somehow:

This qualifier does not make sense

That part! Or FIBA could have awarded Olympic slots to the top two teams at the last Afrobasket. This qualifying process is too tedious
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
PDPGuy:

That part! Or FIBA could have awarded Olympic slots to the top two teams at the last Afrobasket. This qualifying process is a too tedious

Very simple!
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
Meanwhile, D’Tigress will square up against Mozambique, tomorrow, at 5pm Nigerian time.
Both teams have already advanced to the semifinals by virtue of DR Congo’s withdrawal from the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
somehow:

is qualifier does not make sense

It's not fiba africa. Its from fiba. Asia and America are playing the pre qualifying tournament too. Only Europe is left out. Fiba na crase.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Yesterday result Senegal 75-71 Angola.
Today result Mali 65-45 Angola

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
isaiah9:
Yesterday result Senegal 75-71 Angola.
Today result Mali 65-45 Angola
Both Senegal and Mali have qualified for the semifinals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2019
PDPGuy:

Both Senegal and Mali have qualified for the semifinals.
Yeah
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
isaiah9:
It's not fiba africa. Its from fiba. Asia and America are playing the pre qualifying tournament too. Only Europe is left out. Fiba na crase.

What makes Europe believe they are the authority when it comes to sport?

One of the smallest continent with tiny countries always bossing other continents in sporting affairs!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
isaiah9:
Yeah
I would prefer D'Tigress to meet the Malians, to the Senegalese. Those Senegalese ladies would be tougher to beat. And last time out at the Afrobasket, D'tigress defeated Mali by a 22-point margin.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 12:34am On Nov 16, 2019
PDPGuy:

I would prefer D'Tigress to meet the Malians, to the Senegalese. Those Senegalese ladies would be tougher to beat. And last time out at the Afrobasket, D'tigress defeated Mali by a 22-point margin.
I don't think so. I've been waiting for Senegal vs mali match up for like 2 years now grin. The Malians have always been unlucky meeting D'tigress if not, they'd have been in the final on several occasions. It was difficult for us to beat Senegal because of their home crowd. Take Cameroon for example, in 2015 they defeated us by 1pt cos of their home advantage but we destroyed them this year. 2017 we played the Malians in front of their crowd and we won by just 1pt cos of the pressure but this year we won by 21pts. Same with Senegal we defeated with 17pts in mali 2017 but struggled to beat them in 2019 in front of their crowd. On a neutral ground, no team can beat us in Africa. We don't do well when the crowd is against us. Hopefully they prove me wrong today cheesy
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 12:40am On Nov 16, 2019
somehow:

What makes Europe believe they are the authority when it comes to sport?

One of the smallest continent with tiny countries always bossing other continents in sporting affairs!
I tire oo
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:27am On Nov 16, 2019
isaiah9:
I don't think so. I've been waiting for Senegal vs mali match up for like 2 years now grin. The Malians have always been unlucky meeting D'tigress if not, they'd have been in the final on several occasions. It was difficult for us to beat Senegal because of their home crowd. Take Cameroon for example, in 2015 they defeated us by 1pt cos of their home advantage but we destroyed them this year. 2017 we played the Malians in front of their crowd and we won by just 1pt cos of the pressure but this year we won by 21pts. Same with Senegal we defeated with 17pts in mali 2017 but struggled to beat them in 2019 in front of their crowd. On a neutral ground, no team can beat us in Africa. We don't do well when the crowd is against us. Hopefully they prove me wrong today cheesy

You’re right. The team struggled against Mali two years ago, and Senegal this year, mostly due to hostile crowds. So, I won’t be too surprised if D’Tigress record 20-point wins over both teams in Mozambique

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
Senegal defeat Mali 58-53

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
1st quarter (7mins left)
Mozambique 4-14 Nigeria
Ify Ibekwe scored a 3-point FG

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
3:15 left in the 1st quarter:
Mozambique 4-18 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
End of 1st quarter:
Mozambique 8-21 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
End of first quarter. Nigeria leads 21-8
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Three of Mozambique’s 8 points were scored from free-throws
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by timay(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
PDPGuy:
Three of Mozambique’s 8 points were scored from free-throws

Is there a online livestream available?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
timay:

Is there a online livestream available?
Yes. It’s on FIBA’s YouTube channel
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
Half time:
Nigeria 38-19 Mozambique
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by isaiah9(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
HT Nigeria 38-19 Mozambique

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (99) (Reply)

Josip Ilicic Caught His Wife Cheating, May Not Play Against PSG / Lady Caught Giving Her Man Hand Job Inside The Stadium At The 2018 World Cup. / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.