Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? (9728 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by oneolajire(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
USELESS JW POST. FALSE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by tyangel: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
truthful christian can join politics and make it far better. politics is a not a dirty game, it is the people involved that makes it dirty.....
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by Deziem(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
A true Christian can be a politician if you are called to be there.. Jesus not wanting or engaging in earthly kingship is not because he was against it but because it was not inline with the purpose for which he came to earth.
So a Christian can be involved in politics and must do the right thing... That's if he's a genuine Christian
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by oruma19: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
nwanyiugbo122:
so why the insult? Am I not entitled to my opinion again, as a christian am trying to follow Jesus footstep he never involve in politics,all his works while on earth was teaching people the godly way, helping the needy, curing the deceased, he was compassion, merciful.....do you have a problem with all of these?
So because came to fulfil His ministry of reconciliation, we should nt fulfil our God given ministries too. We're there not political leaders who served God in the scriptures? Both old and new? David was a king, God named him the man after His heart. Why do u people feel that being in politics makes u dirty or an unbeliever? So u prefer unbelievers to keep ruling u whereas u have been made a priest and king. Na wa o, u pple need to wakeup.
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by allaboutobed(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
No is d answer. Op so on point
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by xaggar(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
spaggyy:

And you think you will be able to comprehend my answer?

For you to think that's a reasonable question, proves that your reasoning is too minute to comprehend my answer

Olodo!

Your submit shows how unreasonable you are. So a topic as tentative as this is "unreasonable"?
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by spaggyy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
xaggar:

Olodo!

Your submit shows how unreasonable you are. So a topic as tentative as this is "unreasonable"?

How will a reasonable person ask if he should ignore his civic responsibility because of religion
Re: Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? by xaggar(m): 5:55am On Jul 24, 2018
spaggyy:

How will a reasonable person ask if he should ignore his civic responsibility because of religion

He said, as Christians you will do well to obey and conform by the rules of the government. But that does not say you should be a part of it. He says you can't serve two masters (God & the one who the entire world lies under his power).

Some base their argument on the bible which says; when the righteous rule, the people rejoice! But the same scripture asks; is there any righteous? And it gave the answer, no not one!

Some still argue that believers once ruled as kings in the old testament (e.g David, solomon etc). But my position is: what was the reason for human kings in ancient Israel? Was it part of Gods plan? Go read the book of Samuel.

Since we operate as Christians (which means Christlike), are we not meant to imitate the one we follow; that is the Christ?

In the book of John, He said to God: His followers are no part of the world. His come they are now rulers, president, governors, councillors etc under a world which lies under the power of the wicked one?

My guy, maybe one day you may find yourself occupying a leadership post; that's when you will understand the op's write-up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Andrew Remilekun- Divine Revelation Of Heaven And Hell (no Time To Waste) / How Do People Become Atheists / Lagos Pastor Confesses: I Belong To The Ogboni Confraternity (FULL INTERVIEW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.