Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? (549 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Snubbed PFN, Without Any Remorse / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by badthinds: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2018
Greetings to all Nairalanders.

Earlier, I wrote a controversial article on the imperfection of our God here: www.nairaland.com/4631695/part-bible-where-man-smarter#69599896. I received alot of comments - many critical... users such as enilove and unicmarket persisted that God was perfect and that I had shallow spiritual knowledge, also, unicmarket hovered around how God's bad decision will turn out to be good (though this is a clear thinking bias/illness that makes us believe bad things happen to us to make way for something good - in reality, if the probability of something good or bad to happen is 50,50 then we'll realize that if something good happens after something bad, it was just by chance... But our brains have refused to note bad result after bad results, we're just waiting for the next good thing to promote our confirmation bias)

Well, This article is focused on a case where God felt remorse for a poor decision.
Author: Patrick, Abah twitter.com/patabah
Firstly, when do you say to your spouse "I promise, this will never again happen"?
Such statements evidently emanates for recently poor decisions.

Our case study is Genesis 9:11

Genesis 9:11
”I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

God went further to introduce the rainbow and how it should remind us and him of his promise.

If God didn't feel any remorse, he/she would have said: "Oboy, make una stay tight oo.. if una furkup again...i go still destroy earth" grin grin

A chief evidence of imperfection (as in poor choices) is remorse. Hence, this is a supporting evidence of the imperfection of God.

The following section is an extract from the previous article:

MORAL LESSONS
Some times, you make certain choices that you later regret or say things before thinking/reconsidering. The effect remorse has on individuals varies. Take is easy on yourself. If you're a religious person, it may be comforting to know, now (even though this may have the 'Black Swan' effect on your believes) that even a supernatural being as all-knowing as God can/is imperfect.

In sum: carry on jeje with life life. Every day we make choices, some turn out to be bad mistakes, try to correct the correctable mistakes and try to avoid the permanent mistakes next time (as God has wisely done).

Sincerely, badthinds.
Cc Igbos, Martinez19, kazyhm, Topmaike007, Mekanus, chemystery, jamael, oyolohi etc...
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by RuthlessLeader(m): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2018
God's characteristics are whatever the people worshipping want him to be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by rottennaija(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2018
badthinds:

Earlier, I wrote a controversial article on the imperfection of our God here: www.nairaland.com/4631695/part-bible-where-man-smarter#69599896. I received alot of comments - many critical... users such as enilove and unicmarket persisted that God was perfect and that I had shallow spiritual knowledge, also, unicmarket hovered around how God's bad decision will turn out to be good (though this is a clear thinking bias/illness that makes us believe bad things happen to us to make way for something good - in reality, if the probability of something good or bad to happen is 50,50 then we'll realize that if something good happens after something bad, it was just by chance... But our brains have refused to note bad result after bad results, we're just waiting for the next good thing to promote our confirmation bias)

Well, This article is focused on a case where God felt remorse for a poor decision.
Firstly, when do you say to your spouse "I promise, this will never again happen"?

”I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

God went further to introduce the rainbow and how it should remind us and him of his promise.

If God didn't feel any remorse, he/she would have said: "Oboy, make una stay tight oo.. if una furkup again...i go still destroy earth" grin grin

A chief evidence of imperfection (as in poor choices) is remorse. Hence, this is a supporting evidence of the imperfection of God.

MORAL LESSONS
Some times, you make certain choices that you later regret or say things before thinking/reconsidering. The effect remorse has on individuals varies. Take is easy on yourself. If you're a religious person, it may be comforting to know, now (even though this may have the 'Black Swan' effect on your believes) that even a supernatural being as all-knowing as God can/is imperfect.

In sum: carry on jeje with life life. Every day we make choices, some turn out to be bad mistakes, try to correct the correctable mistakes and try to avoid the permanent mistakes next time (as God has wisely done).

Sincerely, badthinds.
Cc Igbos, Martinez19, kazyhm, Topmaike007, Mekanus, chemystery, jamael, oyolohi etc...

You didn't include Ge 6:6,7
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by chemystery: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
The earlier Christians begin to take the bible for the fairytale it is, the better for them.
If you look at our world today, you'll realise even the god promises are all fake because lives and properties are still being destroyed by flood till date.

In fact, in reality, no christian associates the rainbow today for what it use to be in the past or for what it is suppose to be according to biblical fairytale - a reminder of god's fake promise not to flood the earth again.

Human intelligence has evolved to realise that rainbow is caused by refraction of light rays on tiny water droplets, yet I wonder why many of us are still finding it difficult to do away with fairy books that claims otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by 0temSapien: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
badthinds:

MORAL LESSONS

Sincerely, badthinds.

What I see here are references to Yahweh the god of Israel and not to God Almighty his creator.
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by oyolohi: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
0temSapien:

What I see here are references to Yahweh the god of Israel and not to God Almighty his creator.
Yahweh is different from God Almighty? Please enlighten me.
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2018

GOD'S ACTIONS ARE NEVER IMPERFECT. YOU NEED TO READ THE BIBLE MORE WITH THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

JUST KIDDING. THROW THAT SILLY CHRISTIAN FOLKTALE BOOK AWAY ONCE AND FOR ALL. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by kkins25(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Any christian who doesn't agree with the OP must be more blinded than me back then when I was a Christian. I used to think yaweh was Pure Love but damn, he created an eternal burning furnace for over 5billion people. this yaweh must be a pro serial killer.
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by luvmijeje(f): 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
Just being remorseful doesn't make God less perfect. It only means our decision in life has consequences on how He relates with us.

There are many times I heard God telling me He wishes that he could stop a certain events in my life. But he couldn't because they are events that I've to go through.

Perfection doesn't mean lack of flaw. Perfection means despite the flaws, he still didn't lose His essence.

What do I mean? According to your example, God rain down judgement but there's one thing that's make God's perfect. His mercy. He's everly faithful. He's never judgemental. And he's everly merciful.
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by xpmode(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
God is not in the category of human, who are move with unstable emotion. Whatever he does or still doing is with authority with no one to question him. It's only human being who has the sense of accountability that felt remorse after a decision is taken because in one way or the other he knew he has to answer for his deeds.

But God is not subject or answerable to anyone so his actions are final. What causes remorse is a sense of guilt, but God has no superior who can set a standard for him, hence has no guilt to any offence, nor has he broken any rule.

Any another case remorse might be a wrong choice of word in this context. I can still say this question is invalid
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by NumbEmotions(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Op and all odas uttering blasphemy i'd love to see ur faces on ur death bed coolOp and all odas uttering blasphemy i'd love to see ur faces on ur death bed
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by Primesky(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
God is omnipotent!. He is perfectly perfect!. He is perfect in all His ways. Neither you nor any other creature present or yet to be made can fault Him in any way whatsoever!.

Rather, men in their sinfulness, need the kindness and mercy of the Lord, to help them.

The good Lord made man perfect from the beginning. Man listened to the voice of lies from Satan and fell into imperfections. Such lies is what you're now peddling. Repent quickly and be free from this great confusion!.
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by 0temSapien: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
oyolohi:

It's a long story, I will have to refer you to the book of universal history called the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH
Re: Does God Feels Remorse For His Actions? by 0temSapien: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
oyolohi:

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

(1) (Reply)

10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshipped / Nigerian Pastors And Deceit / Breaking: Pastor Gave Stephanie Idolor Brand New Car For Recording Success Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.