Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics (38762 Views)

Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend / Woman Loses Custody Of Her Son After Subjecting Him To Severe Abuse In Nigeria / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Explorers(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2018
At least 17 people nine from the same family have died after an amphibious “duck boat” capsized in stormy weather on a lake in Missouri.

Divers had been searching for four people who were missing after the sightseeing vessel sank in Table Rock Lake, police in the US state said and as Governor Mike Parson had pointed out to CNN, the chances of finding survivors were slim the morning after the incident.

Mr Parson later revealed that nine of the victims, which is said to be include children, were members of the same family.

Pictured, the Coleman family gather around a life saver ring before boarding their doomed duck boat ride in Branson, Missouri, on Thursday.

The boat belonged to local company Ride the Ducks, which run tours of the area on both land and water.

File image pictured, the windows were up when the boat capsized.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/missouri-boat-accident-latest-capsizes-storm-tourists-dead-branson-table-rock-lake-a8455786.html

1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Explorers(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2018
Speaking from her hospital bed, Tia tearfully told Reuters of her horrific experience trying to get out of the boat.

'I couldn't see anybody, I couldn't hear anything I couldn't hear screams it felt like I was out there on my own,' she said.

'I was yelling, I was screaming and finally I said: "Lord, just let me die, let me die I can't keep drowning, I just can't...

'Then I just let go, and I started floating, and I was floating to the top and I felt the water temperature raise to warm, and I jumped up and saw the big boat that sits out there.

'When I saw [lthe first responders helping survivors on the pier, they were throwing out life jackets to people.

And I said: 'Jesus keep me, just keep me so I can get to my children'.

All of the victims were on board the Ride the Ducks amphibious vessel when a powerful storm rolled over the lake, lashing the water with 60mph winds at around 7pm.

Fourteen people survived, including the boat's captain. Seven people were hospitalized with injuries.

Those who died range in age from one to 70.

Among them was the boat's driver.

Search and rescue teams sectioned off part of the lake to continue their recovery of the four missing bodies on Friday morning.

The first 11 bodies were found on Thursday night and six more were recovered the next day.

The lake which is 229ft seep and has a surface area of 43,100 acres was partially reopened to the public on Friday morning.

Now, authorities must bring the boat wreckage back to the shore to investigate why it failed.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Explorers(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2018
Duck boat accident survivor Tia Coleman is wheeled to a news conference by attending physician Dr. Brian Clonts at Cox Medical Center Branson Saturday, July 21, 2018.

Coleman lost 9 family members in the accident Thursday on Table Rock Lake which left a total of 17 people dead.

A man looks at an idled duck boat in the parking lot of Ride the Ducks Saturday, July 21, 2018.

One of the company's duck boats capsized Thursday night resulting in several deaths on Table Rock Lake.

Duck boat accident survivor Tia Coleman is wheeled to a news conference by attending physician Dr. Brian Clonts at Cox Medical Center Branson Saturday, July 21, 2018.

Coleman lost 9 family members in the accident Thursday on Table Rock Lake which left a total of 17 people dead.

A man looks at an idled duck boat in the parking lot of Ride the Ducks Saturday, July 21, 2018.

One of the company's duck boats capsized Thursday night resulting in several deaths on Table Rock Lake.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:36am On Jul 22, 2018
.she should be monitor closely.. incase he took. Anoder option.. which is sucide.... so sad.. cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by dominique(f): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2018
She should be put on suicide watch

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2018
dominique:
She should be put on suicide watch

And admitted into a mental hospital for close observation.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Explorers(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Memorial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by oshe11: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Holee shiitshocked

According to that pix above, atleast 1 of her family survived with her.....

Who is he/she
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Moneytize: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
So touching sad
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by czarina(f): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
I can't begin to imagine her pain cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by sod09(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Chai this is bad
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
God.. It's better to be dead than to experience this kind of pain

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Ishilove: 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Kweeeeke! There is no amount of 'sorry' that can assuage her pain. God cry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by mumureloaded(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
subuhanalai! Jesus. don't know what to say like I'm seriously shocked.
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Explorers(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
ehya. angry ehya.
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by massinola(m): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Explorer the explorer, How do you get your pictures?
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Austema(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
They a snaped shot before boarding the dock, but it was was not recorded that they prayed.
RIP
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
So much pain for one heart to carry embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by SenorFax(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Too bad oo, really felt for her. What a loss

This is pain at a maximum level...... God help her bear the loss. Life will never be the same for her again. God. Abeg oo

8 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Austema(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
massinola:
Explorer the explorer, How do you get your pictures?
So you have nothing to say concerning this pathetic issue?

10 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Offpoint: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
9 close Family members in a day....?

What's there to live for again....?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
ehya. angry ehya.

grin grin grin grin your moniker and signature

Guess you are given a run for most posts on Nairaland grin
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by mumureloaded(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
you can't make that hope appear, she gonna be thinking about suicide
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Blakjewelry(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
you don't really know how others feels until you actually loss someone close

2 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by inoki247: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
that's too much for her to bare.. diz life iz a bunch of hell on his own full of risk...
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Kendumazy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
Chai! Only God can console her. Just too much to bear.
Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by flyca: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is really sad cry cry
I hope she doesn't hurt herself

Kanwulia-Extra, where are you?
Please come and tell us about the SHYTE-H-OLE smiley

3 Likes

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by feedapet: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Can’t see life jackets on the passengers in the pictures shared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sad and traumatic.

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by massinola(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
Austema:

So you have nothing to say concerning this pathetic issue?
Must I say/type what I have to say/type
to your seeing/hearing? Why not just mind your business

1 Like

Re: Woman Loses Husband, 3 Kids And 5 Relatives In Boat Accident In US. Pics by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dat woman's life will neva remain d same again cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids / 11 Things You Must Know Before Your Parents Clock 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.