Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? (1415 Views)

Catholic Daily Mass Reading, October 30, 2023 | The Spirit Himself & Our Spirit / What Happens To Our Spirit And Soul After Death? / Did Jesus Exist Before Abraham? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Did our spirits exist before our birth?

Please i need answers from the knowledgeable ones and i have set of questions to ask.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
Apart from me, who has never thought of this before??
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:
Apart from me, who has never thought of this before??

you mean you have never thought of that?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

you mean you have never thought of that?
Not for once
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yes, our parents didn't exactly transfer their personality to us, rather we as spirit beings where drawn towards homogeneous spirit and then we entered some weeks after conception
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

Not for once

you know most times i have heard alot of things and i can't help, questions runs all through my mind.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by adoyi8: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Your life will be much easier if you dont believe in spirits
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

you know most times i have heard alot of things and i can't help, questions runs all through my mind.
Let me on it. What are your questions?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
make I dey here dey watch people people with silly comment
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:
Yes, our parents didn't exactly transfer their personality to us, rather we as spirit beings where drawn towards homogeneous spirit and then we entered some weeks after conception

sir i want to ask alot of questions here.
I hardly ask people questions in real social settings e.g church and school.

I am more comfortable asking questions online.

Sir i have random of questions troubling me to ask, would spare your time?

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:
Let me on it. What are your questions?
do you have an answer to the first question?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

do you have an answer to the first question?
Nope. I can only say our consciousness might be responsible for generating spirits and souls. As the body is a mere vessel
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:
this theory is particularly interesting... Can u tell me the source of your theory?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

Nope. I can only say our consciousness might be responsible for generating spirits and souls. As the body is a mere vessel
im sorry, but ure not making much sense, what is 'conciousness' and how can conciousness generate soul?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

1. 'Might' you are not sure.

2. Okay if so, how do you view a baby that died immediately after birth, does that means the baby doesn't have spirit and soul, because i think the baby at that stage wouldn't be able to develop conscience?

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
im sorry, but ure not making much sense, what is 'conciousness' and how can conciousness generate soul?

It's simply a theory, till it's proved, you can keep your question.
It's people like you that called Leonardo da Vinci a fool when he dreamt about planes.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:
Did our spirits exist before our birth?

Please i need answers from the knowledgeable ones and i have set of questions to ask.

if im right, theres a particular belief that our spirits are the human equivalent of energy... And as 1st law of energy, energy does not die or cannot be destroyed, only converted from one form to the other... So also the human spirit is simply converted to another body at the point of death albeit the memories remain embedded in the body and hence the spirit does not recall any past experiences, however, some really influencial experiences, especially traumatising ones tend to sip into the spirit, sort of like muscle memory... This is the basis for deja vu
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

2. Okay if so, how do you view a baby that died immediately after birth, does that means the baby doesn't have spirit and soul, because i think the baby at that stage wouldn't be able to develop conscience?
I believed there is more to the world than meets the eyes, a theory will simply lead to another question and then to another question. It goes on and on and on. We live in an infinite universe bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
if im right, theres a particular belief that our spirits are the human equivalent of energy... And as 1st law of energy, energy does not die or cannot be destroyed, only converted from one form to the other... So also the human spirit is simply converted to another body at the point of death albeit the memories remain embedded in the body and hence the spirit does not recall any past experiences, however, some really influencial experiences, especially traumatising ones tend to sip into the spirit, sort of like muscle memory... This is the basis for deja vu
I like the way you see things bro, am getting to enjoy this thread
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

It's simply a theory, till it's proved, you can keep your question.
It's people like you that called Leonardo da Vinci a fool when he dreamt about planes.
oh so ure da vinci now? U dont expect acceptance for just saying things that come to ur brain, u need to atleast find a basis or link it to a standing fact or explain it as best as u can... If not ure just talking out of ur yanshh
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
oh so ure da vinci now? U dont expect acceptance for just saying things that come to ur brain, u need to atleast find a basis or link it to a standing fact or explain it as best as u can... If not ure just talking out of ur yanshh
There is no law inhibiting us from using our brains, not yet.
Am not da vinci, I just love to think out of the box.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

concience is not the same as conciousness

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:

you mean this energy existed considering the first law of energy stated it cannot be created?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

There is no law inhibiting us from using our brains, not yet.
never, i would never accept any form of inhibition, doesnt mean i would accept anything that anyone says... I just want u to help me see things the way ure seeing things man, the only way u can do that is to elucidate ur theory... Dont just drop it, explain it
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

you mean this energy existed considering the first law of energy stated it cannot be created?

Consciousness is an energy
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
never, i would never accept any form of inhibition, doesnt mean i would accept anything that anyone says... I just want u to help me see things the way ure seeing things man, the only way u can do that is to elucidate ur theory... Dont just drop it, explain it
I'll explain when you can explain what a "thought" is, scientifically.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

yes, the energy exitsted... The particular amount of energy that exists is not known... But some energy is converted already while some are transitioning, that is they donot have vessels or bodies yet and also some bodies exist without this energy e.g. Stillbirths and maybe coma patients... The theory supports the notion that 'mad people' are human bodies in conflict with their spirit energy
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

sir i want to ask alot of questions here.
I hardly ask people questions in real social settings e.g church and school.

I am more comfortable asking questions online.

Sir i have random of questions troubling me to ask, would spare your time?
Ask your questions
There might be a lot of conflicting answers from different people here but your inner man will always tells you which is right. You will not just know the truth but you will feel it even if at first you may not understand it fully
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
I ponder so. A man of God once said "semen n egg meets so you can look like someone but u are not an actual product of that process. But u were created specially before that process and God knew u before u were conceived "
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

I'll explain when you can expalin what a "thought" is, scientifically.
a thought? Thinking is a process... A complicated process, involves connections our brain makes in fraction of a millisecond, these connections cause a chain reaction that leads to other connections and eventually a central idea is generated. That is what thinking is...
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

Consciousness is an energy

in other words, consciousness is a spirit.
Since the other guy said energy is equivalent to spirit of human.

So, this spirit of a man, does it have memory? Or depends on a physical's memory?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:

Ask your questions
There might be a lot of conflicting answers from different people here but your inner man will always tells you which is right. You will not just know the truth but you will feel it even if at first you may not understand it fully

okay, does this spirit have memory, i mean for remembering past event?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know A False Prophet & Teacher (wolves) / See Moment Mbaka Prophesized Abt Corona & Peopl Not Going 2 Church In 2020(video / China Banned Jehovah Witness Because They Have Extremist And Radicalist Tendenc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.