Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools (22287 Views)

Imo Youths Turn Out En Masse To Get Thier PVC (Photos, Video) / Enugu Youths Turn Out En Masse To Collect Their PVC (Photos, Video) / Youths Turn The Oshodi-apapa Expressway By Cele Bus Stop To Football Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Yarnvibes(f): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2018
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday called on the nation’s youths to venture into entrepreneurship through their cell-phones as a way of self-employment and creating job opportunities for others.

Saraki gave the charge while delivering the Fourth Convocation Lecture of the Adeleke University, Ede in the State of Osun, on Sunday.

In his paper with the title, “National Economic Development Through Entrepreneurship: The Role of Private Universities in Nigeria,” Saraki said it has become imperative for youths not to see their phones as fashion accessories alone, but potent platforms to launch themselves into entrepreneurship and gainful self-employment.

Saraki said: “To the graduating students, I will say that it is perhaps true that Nigerian youths are not currently maximising the potential that social media has for stimulating entrepreneurship in many areas, including those that were unheard of just a few years ago.

“I would like to see more young Nigerians put what they learned in the university to impactful use by leveraging on the social media’s abundant opportunity for business ventures.

“Entrepreneurship starts with a mindset; form networks, begin to see your phone as a business tool and not just a fashion accessory; get tutorials for starting new businesses or to ginger new business ideas.

“There is no reason why any of today’s graduating students cannot become a Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, net worth $5 billion – or Brian Chesky, a co-founder of Air BnB. Michelle Phan of the cosmetic business Ipsy is now worth $300 million – not bad for someone who first started by uploading her videos on YouTube,” he declared.

He stated that due to its belief that entrepreneurship is crucial to the success of the economy, the National Assembly has since prioritised the passage of landmark economic laws to enable Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to grow.

He urged private universities to rise to the challenge of promoting private enterprises by ensuring that entrepreneurial skills are taught across various disciplines.

He said: “The education ethos ought to move away from the over-emphasis on theory-based approach and paper certification towards inculcating practical skills that support apprenticeship and boost innovation and industry.

“This is the place of Vocational and Technical education which provides that the youth imbibe practical skills that will not only make them employable but will also help the country to build an army of job providers,” he said.

The President of the Senate also charged the graduates to be good ambassadors for their alma mater – Adeleke University – and good economic ambassadors for their generation and for this country.

“Endeavour always to be a credit to yourselves, to your families, your communities, and your country. The motto of this university is ‘Education, Excellence and Character’ – I encourage you to be exemplars of this motto. Be lifelong students, live the knowledge culture; an individual that never ceases to learn, never ceases to grow,” he stated.

http://kikiotolu.com/saraki-to-nigerian-youths-turn-your-cellphones-into-business-tools/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Troublemaker007(m): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2018
Yahoo Boiz will like this news...

I dedicate this FTC to every young blood out there hustling legit and not involved in any crime. It ain’t easy for us in this shithole but still we grinding and ballin.

#MyPVCisMyPower2019

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2018
I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin last week Tuesday , on getting to Geri-alimi, I saw people rushing here and there. b4 I could notice what's up, it was Saraki passing. Omo Ilorin people dun almost take that man as God chai!!!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Butterflyleo: 7:13am On Jul 23, 2018
Saraki should checkmate SARS first before encouraging this. grin

With the way I hear SARS harrases people because of phone content, this one would be like a bank for them

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by wristbangle: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2018
It's a pity the lawmakers in this country are not proactive nor have brought initiatives to the table before. A country with great and immense intellects being ruled by illiterates ( both educated and non educated ones). Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by EricBloodAxe: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2018
This man just dey wake up? Na today boys dey use fone take make money? All doz fake bank and bvn messages we dey receive for fone years ago shey na frm laptop dem use send am?

24 Likes

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by DozieInc(m): 7:22am On Jul 23, 2018
Ok Oga senator.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Lipscomb(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2018
cheesy that's what they good at . they are very lazy they don't work .
Hashimyussufamao:
I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin last week Tuesday , on getting to Geri-alimi, I saw people rushing here and there. b4 I could notice what's up, it was Saraki passing. Omo Ilorin people dun almost take that man as God chai!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Praktikals(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2018
Hashimyussufamao:
Omo Ilorin people dun almost take that man as God chai!!!
You lots claim we are local mumus in Ilorin. Hope una don see how Saraki is proving to be current day maradona- IBB Protege grin
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2018
Lipscomb:
cheesy that's what they good at . they are very lazy they don't work .

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Iamkuttie(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2018
K
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Benjom(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2018
That's alright cool
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by kindnyce(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2018
Yes, just they way you turned yours to an instrument of theft so much that you did in Kwara

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by tragergeorge(m): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Thumbs up buky
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Play Baba Ijebu and Bet9ja on your phones....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by talk2archy: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2018
Try and be at the mercy of Sars
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Alejoc(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2018
Lol.... Saraki the instructor! angry
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Why are you working as a politician?
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Teeisaac(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Help us tell those SARS too sey na our tools ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Kendumazy(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2018
We done turn am tey tey but Sars no gree us rest.

Cheap Samsung phones. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Play Baba Ijebu and Bet9ja on your phones....
Them go wreck you ehn!
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by chinavs9ja(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2018
We have been doing that sir, your opinion is not needed.

Check my signature if you need a website designer
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2018
comshots:
Them go wreck you ehn!
I go teach you. No worry.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by easyfem(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2018
U mean we should start anoda mmm or yahoo ?
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by donbachi(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2018
Just like he turned senate to his own tool
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by thunderbabs: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2018
So that SARS would double up on us as yahoo boiz, ba. Scrap SARS and will deliver content.

Just try tell a SARs officer you are a forex trader.... Brief me d details peradventure u return home without a scar/slap or parting with a debit alertundecided

4 Likes

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Femijohn198: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2018
stupid saraki,na today guys d use fone do scam business online,fake SMS of job,.This man is a failure,his trillions on his father account,can't build company in Nigeria or create more industries in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Saudi Arabia For OIC Summit [PHOTOS, Video] / Buhari’s Former Son-In-Law, Kumo Breaks Silence On Being Wanted For $65m Fraud / Zamfara Dethrones First-Class Monarchs Over "Banditry"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.