Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views (325826 Views)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. / Effects Of SALT Water On Skin And General Health / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by zap2(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
Fellow NLers,

i heard recently that unwanted pregnancy can be stopped. No need of taking contraceptives or other dangerous means. I was told that a simple salt and water solution would be enough to prevent conception. To go abt it , after intimacy (without using protection) d girl puts a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, mixes it and then drinks it. that stops d sperm frm getting to d eggs. how can this be? If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?

pls is it true? I need opinions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by 28Schweet(f): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
grin THE MADNESS NEVER ENDS, cool
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by sesman(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
zap2:

Fellow NLers,
i heard recently that unwanted pregnancy can be stopped. No need of taking contraceptives or other dangerous means. I was told that a simple salt and water solution would be enough to prevent conception. To go abt it , after intimacy (without using protection) d girl puts a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, mixes it and then drinks it. that stops d spermatozoa frm getting to d eggs. [b]how can this be? If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?[/b]pls is it true? I need opinions

emm because there is no such thing, Goodness Gracious me, shocked shocked shocked, is the topic on nairaland getting dumber and dumber, lord have mercy
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by tpiah: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?

simple logic would tell you you already answered your own question.

2 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Jaideyone(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2010
what kind of dumb question is this? Don't u consume salt on a normal day?
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
zap2:

Fellow NLers,
i heard recently that unwanted pregnancy can be stopped. No need of taking contraceptives or other dangerous means. I was told that a simple salt and water solution would be enough to prevent conception. To go abt it , after intimacy (without using protection) d girl puts a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, mixes it and then drinks it. that stops d spermatozoa frm getting to d eggs. how can this be? If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?

Come, how old are you? pls under age kid's should stay out of NL and read their books. pls dnt practice this on your class mates
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Onchedu(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
U wan kill Urself abi person pikin. Salt shey? U never know wetin salt fit do.
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by ITgurlie(f): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
@ poster even if you eat a whole bag of salt grin grin grin any seed planted in you must grow to maturity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So either you abstain from s*x or you practice safe s*x, kabish! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
Evil gender
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by duality(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
it works very well. you just need to add more salt to the water. say 2 spoon full. and take it at least 10 times daily. that is say, every 2 hurs,its been working for others yours wont be an exception.  take it daily for 2 weeks . and tthen come to n/l and testify i'll be waiting. ok?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
duality:

it works very well. you just need to add more salt to the water. say 2 spoon full. and take it at least 10 times daily. that is say, every 2 hurs,its been working for others yours wont be an exception. take it daily for 2 weeks . and tthen come to n/l and testify i'll be waiting. ok?

SUICIDE!

2 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Africanqueen2(f): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
duality:

it works very well. you just need to add more salt to the water. say 2 spoon full. and take it at least 10 times daily. that is say, every 2 hurs,its been working for others yours wont be an exception.  take it daily for 2 weeks . and tthen come to n/l and testify i'll be waiting. ok?
Death sentence. . . Children of nowadays he no get Wey tin person no dey see or hear
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Travelista(f): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
zap2:

Fellow NLers,
i heard recently that unwanted pregnancy can be stopped. No need of taking contraceptives or other dangerous means. I was told that a simple salt and water solution would be enough to prevent conception. To go abt it , after intimacy (without using protection)  d girl puts a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, mixes it and then drinks it. that stops d spermatozoa frm getting to d eggs. how can this be? If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?

No, hun; you don't need opinions, you need a Biology textbook. You already have sodium in your body (I think it's stored in the bones; please correct me if I'm wrong) and your body is 75% water; you're practically a walking saline drip. If you cum inside a girl, she should get up IMMEDIATELY and wash herself. It won't prevent pregnancy but will reduce the chances; sperm needs time to reach the egg (and even then, certain things need to be in place for fertilization to actually occur). The only thing I can think of that a girl can swallow that will prevent pregnancy is Plan B (morning after pill), poison (which will most likely kill her and the zygote) or the guy's load (I know it's vulgar but it is what it is).

4 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Benitaton: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
wetin work 4 another person, no fit work 4 u
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by zap2(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ All
i can see y som people continue to fail Waec and gce- they cannot answer a simple question. Pls stick to the topic, if u av no opinion, then be silent.
if i av all d answers , i wont be posting dis, would i?
@TRAVELISTA- if u already av salt in ur body, y do people claim andrew liver salt works?

10 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Travelista(f): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2010
zap2:

@ All
i can see y som people continue to fail Waec and gce- they cannot answer a simple question. Pls stick to the topic, if u av no opinion, then be silent.
if i av all d answers , i wont be posting dis, would i?
@TRAVELISTA- if u already av salt in your body, y do people claim andrew liver salt works?

I had no idea what Andrew Liver Salts was and had to google; looks like it helps with indigestion akin to Alka-Seltzer and isn't actually salt. Either way, what exactly is your question? undecided
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by EvilBrain1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
zap2:

i heard recently that unwanted pregnancy can be stopped. No need of taking contraceptives or other dangerous means. I was told that a simple salt and water solution would be enough to prevent conception. To go abt it , after intimacy (without using protection) d girl puts a pinch of salt in a half cup of water, mixes it and then drinks it. that stops d spermatozoa frm getting to d eggs. how can this be? If this works, why do we still av unwanted pregnancies around the place?

Guy, Don't be retarded. There are many cheap and easy ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy but drinking salt water is not one of them.
You can try using condoms (by far the best way esp. if you're not married), oral contraceptive pills, depo-provera injections, the diaphragm, cervical caps and when all else fails emergency contraceptive pills (postinor). You can get most of these from your local government health centre. If you use salt and water, you're just deceiving yourself.

if u already av salt in your body, y do people claim andrew liver salt works?

Seriously?
Andrews Liver salt contains Magnesium Sulphate which is not the same as Sodium Chloride, your common table salt. It has totally different properties and does totally different things in the body. And it can't prevent prevent pregnancy either. You might want to refer to your secondary school chemistry notes.

1 Like

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by dominique(f): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2010
ignorance is a disease!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by aieromon(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
@OP
I'll be gentle on you - NO angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by toaspromo(m): 9:31am On Jun 17, 2010
salt-water solution is one of the unconvetional method and primitive method of preventing pregnancy some of the best ways so far is doing family planning child spacing, and also usage of condoms during sex however try and seek medical advice b4 taking steps on medical grounds good luck
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by tpiah: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
poster please reduce your age because you're fooling nobody.

it's a disgrace to claim 29 and post this type of thread.
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by agathamari(f): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
ok there are saline abortions (used in the first couple of weeks though not common)- using medical grade sterile saline and the girl is given pain relievers before hand.  huge diff between medical saline soluion and salt water.  the saline solution is injected into the amnionic sac not the womanly canal durring the actual procedure.  table salt is not sterile by any means.  doing this will give her a nice infection, will burn like hell and will do nothing to stop the pregnancy.  use a condom, birth control pill, IDU. spermicide, diaphram, sponge, something for chist sake
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Gpowered79(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
PLS HOUSE, WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT MY WIFE FOR TAKING IN, because WILL JUST HAVE A BABY WHO IS JUST THREE MONTHS TWO WEEKS OLD AND I REALLY LIKE HIM TO REACH THE AGE OF 3 BEFORE HAVING ANOTHER BABY.
PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE

1 Like

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Africanqueen2(f): 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
Gpowered79:

PLS HOUSE, WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT MY WIFE FOR TAKING IN, because WILL JUST HAVE A BABY WHO IS JUST THREE MONTHS TWO WEEKS OLD AND I REALLY LIKE HIM TO REACH THE AGE OF 3 BEFORE HAVING ANOTHER BABY.
PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE
Take her to the hospital or health centre. . . They'll test her hand know what preventive method will work for her. . . Main while u can use condoms or birth control pills
Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Gemc3(f): 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
why do people need to insult others just because the person said something they do not agree with?
the fella asked d a question and needs answers and some people are insulting the person's age and common sense. grow up!!!!!! if u have nothing ''uninsultive'' to say, freaking shut it!

, plus i have also heard of the salt ish. i 'heard' it's a really large amount of salt that is used n consumed immediately after sex. but i personally think postinor, condoms, are probably safer

4 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Virgomaris(f): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2011
Yes is true it works that after sex or better still use andrew liver salt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by joelala(m): 1:52am On Dec 15, 2011
when i joined this forum 4years back, it was filled with matured minds that respects each other and always willing to advice and share ideas. but now, its filled with bunch of immature minds that derive joy in insulting others. A young man needed your opinions and views about some preventive method(DOES SALT WATER SOLUTION PREVENTS PREGNANCY)he heard about, and y'all start raining abuses and insults on him. if he knew the answer, am pretty sure he won't need your opinions. Pls lets try to respect each other and be willing to assist. that's what NL is all about.

16 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Au12589: 8:09am On Jan 03, 2012
Why are som people just 2 insultive nd calors ova simple issues dat require simple ansas. If u dnt knw, y dnt u shut d f, uck up, gosh, A question was humbly asked by som nd all e cud get was insult, Pls lets all grow up, Salt solution s a acheic means use 4 preventin conception, It works best imediately afta ejaculation, In d absence of condöm, postenun, i-pils, e.t.c, A salt solution cud b employed.

1 Like

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by Polchiz(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2013
I think concentrated saline solution has spermicidal effect. If taken immediately after sex, it creates a hypertonic solution that allows the sperm cells to shrink through osmosis.
It worked for me and my girl friend for a year. Carbonated drink ( sprite) can also work because of its high sugar content.
Experience is the best teacher.

7 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by nimsblings(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2013
Au12589: Why are som people just 2 insultive nd calors ova simple issues dat require simple ansas. If u dnt knw, y dnt u shut d f, uck up, gosh, A question was humbly asked by som nd all e cud get was insult, Pls lets all grow up, Salt solution s a acheic means use 4 preventin conception, It works best imediately afta ejaculation, In d absence of condöm, postenun, i-pils, e.t.c, A salt solution cud b employed.
1. Salt is a strong, natural
antihistamine. It can be
used to relieve asthma by
putting it on the tongue
after drinking a glass or
two of water. It is as
effective as an inhaler,
without the toxicity. You
should drink one or two
glasses of water before
putting salt on the tongue
2. Salt is a strong ‘anti-stress’
element for the body
3. Salt is vital for extracting
excess acidity from inside
the cells, particularly the
brain cells. If you don’t want
Alzheimer’s disease, don’t
go salt-free, and don’t let
them put you on diuretic
medications for long!
4. Salt is vital for the kidneys
to clear excess acidity and
pass the acidity into the
urine. Without sufficient salt
in the body, the body will
become increasingly acidic
5. Salt is essential in the
treatment of emotional and
affective disorders. Lithium
is a salt substitute that is
used in the treatment of
depression. To prevent
suffering from depression,
make sure you take some
salt
6. Salt is essential for
preserving the serotonin
and melatonin levels in the
brain. When water and salt
perform their natural
antioxidant duties and clear
the toxic waste from the
body, essential amino acids,
such as tryptophan and
tyrosine, will not be
sacrificed as chemical
antioxidants. In a well-
hydrated body, tryptophan
is spared and gets into the
brain tissue where it is
used to manufacture
serotonin, melatonin, and
tryptamine—essential anti-
depression
neurotransmitters
7. Salt, in Dr Batmanghelidj’s
opinion, is vital for the
prevention and treatment
of cancer. Cancer cells are
killed by oxygen; they are
anaerobic ‘organisms’. They
must live in a low-oxygen
environment. When the
body is well hydrated and
salt expands the volume of
blood circulation to reach all
parts of the body, the
oxygen and the active and
‘motivated’ immune cells in
the blood reach the
cancerous tissue and
destroy it. As I explained in
my book on lupus,
dehydration—shortage of
water and salt—suppresses
the immune system and its
disease-fighting cells’
activity in the body
8. Salt is vital for maintaining
muscle tone and strength.
Lack of bladder control in
those who suffer from
involuntary leakage of urine
could be a consequence of
low salt intake. Salt is most
effective in stabilizing
irregular heartbeats and,
contrary to the
misconception that it
causes high blood pressure,
is actually essential for the
regulation of blood
pressure—in conjunction
with water. Naturally, the
proportions are critical. A
low-salt diet with high
water intake will, in some
people, actually cause the
blood pressure to rise. As a
secondary complication, it
can also cause asthma-like
shortness of breath. The
logic is simple. If you drink
water and do not take salt,
the water will not stay in
the blood circulation
adequately to completely fill
all the blood vessels. In
some, this will cause
fainting, and in others, it
will cause tightening of the
arteries—and eventually
constriction of bronchioles
in the lungs—to the point
of registering a rise in
blood pressure, complicated
by breathlessness. One or
two glasses of water and
some salt— a little of it on
the tongue—will quickly
and efficiently quieten a
racing and ‘thumping’
heart, and in the long run,
will reduce the blood
pressure and cure
breathlessness
9. Salt is vital for sleep
regulation. It is a natural
hypnotic. If you drink a full
glass of water, then put a
few grains of salt on your
tongue, and let it stay there,
you will fall into a natural,
deep sleep. Don’t use salt on
your tongue unless you also
drink water. Repeated use
of salt by itself might cause
nose bleeds
10. Salt is a vitally needed
element in the treatment of
diabetics. It helps balance
the sugar levels in the blood
and reduces the need for
insulin in those who have
to inject the chemical to
regulate their blood sugar
levels. Water and salt reduce
the extent of secondary
damage associated with
diabetes
11. Salt is vital for the
generation of hydroelectric
energy in all of the cells in
the body. It is used for local
power generation at the
sites of energy need by the
cells
12. Salt is vital to the
communication and
information processing of
nerve cells the entire time
that the brain cells work—
from the moment of
conception to death
13. Salt is vital for the
absorption of food particles
through the intestinal tract
14. Salt is vital for clearing the
lungs of mucus plugs and
sticky phlegm, particularly in
asthma, emphysema and
cystic fibrosis sufferers
15. Salt on the tongue will stop
persistent dry coughs
16. Salt is vital for clearing up
catarrh and sinus
congestion
17. Salt is vital for the
prevention of gout and
gouty arthritis
18. Salt is essential for the
prevention of muscle
cramps
19. Salt is vital in preventing
excess saliva production to
the point that it flows out of
the mouth during sleep.
Needing to constantly mop
up excess saliva indicates
salt shortage
20. Osteoporosis, in a major
way, is the result of salt and
water shortage in the body
21. Salt is absolutely vital to
making the structure of
bones firm
22. Salt is vital for maintaining
self-confidence and a
positive self-image—a
serotonin- and melatonin-
controlled ‘personality
output’
23. Salt is vital for maintaining
sexuality and libido
24. Salt is vital for reducing a
double chin. When the body
is short of salt, it means the
body really is short of
water. The salivary glands
sense the salt shortage and
are obliged to produce
more saliva to lubricate the
act of chewing and
swallowing and also to
supply the stomach with
water that it needs for
breaking down foods.
Circulation to the salivary
glands increases and the
blood vessels become ‘leaky’
in order to supply the
glands with more water to
manufacture saliva. This
‘leakiness’ spills to areas
beyond the glands
themselves, causing
increased bulk under the
skin of the chin, the cheeks
and into the neck
25. Salt is vital for preventing
varicose veins and spider
veins on the legs and thighs
26. Sea salt contains about 80
mineral elements that the
body needs. Some of these
elements are needed in
trace amounts. Unrefined
sea salt is a better choice of
salt than other types of salt
on the market. For instance,
ordinary table salt has been
stripped of its companion
elements and contains
additive elements such as
aluminium silicate to keep it
powdery and porous.
Aluminium is a very toxic
element in our nervous
system. It is implicated as
one of the primary causes
of Alzheimer’s disease
27. As much as salt is good for
the body in asthma, excess
potassium is bad for it. Too
much orange juice, too
many bananas, or any
‘sports drink’ containing
too much potassium might
precipitate an asthma
attack, particularly if too
much of the drink or too
many bananas are taken
before exercising. It can
cause an exercise-induced
asthma attack. To prevent
such attacks, some salt
intake before exercise will
increase the lungs’ capacity
for air exchange. It will also
decrease excess sweating
28. It is a good policy to add
some salt to orange juice to
balance the actions of
sodium and potassium in
maintaining the required
volume of water inside and
outside the cells. In some
cultures, salt is added to
melon and other fruits to
accentuate their sweetness.
In effect, these fruits
contain mostly potassium.
By adding salt to them
before eating, a balance
between the intake of
sodium and potassium
results. The same should be
done to other juices
29. Dr Batmanghelidj: “I
received a call one day from
one of the readers of my
book to tell me how he had
unwittingly hurt his son.
Knowing that orange juice
was full of vitamin C, he
forced his son to drink sev­
eral glasses of it every day.
In the meantime, the young
boy developed breathing
problems and had a
number of asthma attacks
until he reached college and
moved out of the sphere of
influence of his father. His
asthma cleared and his
breathing became normal.
The father told me he had
to call his son and apologize
for having given him such a
hard time when he was
younger. The more the son
had rebelled against orange
juice, the more the father
had insisted he should take
it, convinced a large amount
was good for him.”
30. As a rough rule of thumb,
you need about 3 grams of
salt—a half-teaspoon—for
every 10 glasses of water,
or a quarter teaspoon per
quart of water. You should
take salt throughout the
day. If you exercise and
sweat, you need more salt.
In hot climates, you need to
take even more salt. In
these climates, salt makes
the difference between
survival and better health
and heat exhaustion and
death
31. Warning! You must at the
same time not overdo salt.
You must observe the ratio
of salt and water needs of
the body. You must always
make sure you drink
enough water to wash the
excess salt out of the body.
If your weight suddenly
goes up in one day, you
have taken too much salt.
Hold back on salt intake for
one day and drink plenty of
water to increase your
urine output and get rid of
your swelling
32. Those in heart failure – or
kidney failure requiring
dialysis – must consult with
their doctors before
increasing salt intake

2 Likes

Re: Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views by angela992: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2014
Despite well known risks, people continue to depend on alcohol, and such continue to destroy lives. Alcoholism is a compulsive use of a substance or alcohol, despite its negative and dangerous effect to the individual, family, and the society at large.

http://www.scharticles.com/effect-alcoholism-suggest-ways-prevented/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.