Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: (1449 Views)

Top 3 Smartphone Brands Making Waves In 2019 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Unboxing - Other Smartphone Brands Better Sit Up / Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Techm8: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Hint: Not the brands you have in mind grin

In the race to grab the largest share in the highly competitive smartphone market, quality perhaps has taken a backseat. Phones made by two of the most popular brands in the world—Samsung and Xiaomi—are most prone to develop a snag, a report by Blancco, a data security company claimed.

Among Android phone manufacturers, Samsung smartphone is said to have the highest failure rate with as many as one-third of their devices developing a snag. Interestingly, Samsung has improved vastly this year compared to previous reports. It showed a failure rate of 61 percent in Q2 2017 and 53 percent in Q3 2017.

Xiaomi with 13 percent failure rate was the second worst performing brand. The Chinese company was followed by Motorola at a failure rate of 9 percent, the as per the report.

Among specific models, Xiaomi Redmi 4 was the worst performer with 9 percent of the phones showing some problems. In the top 10 models by most failure rates, inasmuch five models were from Samsung.

However, none of the phone models come close to the failure rates displayed by Apple iPhone 6. Over one-fifth of the phones showed some sort of issue. iPhone 6S with 18 percent failure rate and iPhone 5S with 12 percent were other Apple models which performed badly.

In Q3 2017, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S had failure rates at 26 percent and 11 percent, respectively, so the 6 model has stayed about the same, while failures for the 6S have increased by 3 percent.

“In 2018, we can expect to see the newest iOS models, the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, start to populate this list. Currently, there is not enough information to determine what their failure rates will look like, but we expect the iPhone 6 will continue to stay in the top spot for at least the next quarter or two,” the report said.
Overall, Europe witnessed a higher number of snags in smartphones compared to Asia, Africa and North America. iOS devices in Europe showed a 36 percent failure rate and Android devices failure rate was 40 percent in the continent. North America reported the least number of snags for both sets of devices.

Source >>> https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/xiaomi-samsung-phones-make-the-most-visits-to-service-centres-for-repair-2736361.html
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Abdstrakt(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Regardless of who makes the smartphone whether Apple, doogee, Tecno, Samsung or oukitel, some will always end up in the service center, that’s why they are in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Rubiesangel: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
Statistics don't lie. Later they'll say itell, TECNO and infinix users are always running to the customer care. The alright Samsung user spends more time at the customer care? Lol
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Rubiesangel: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
Abdstrakt:
Regardless of who makes the smartphone whether Apple, doogee, Tecno, Samsung or oukitel, some will always end up in the service center, that’s why they are in the first place.
that's not the point. These guys have painted a scenario that they are invincible, they've mock TECNO users foe always running to the customer centre, where as the reverse is the case.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by gonaij: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
hehehe in they wont let us her work grin grin
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Ejadike(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
Thank God it's not the device I had in mind grin
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by kusuv12: 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
hi

Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by adamsflick(m): 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
Samsung users won't like this thread
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Psoulsport(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
That's was how I bought a phone from this brand and under few months of purchase ...the phone got spoilt beyond...

This pushed me to make use only tecno product. And it have never disappoint me...
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by henry007(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
The ones who update their Xiaomi phone regularly probably make up that % of service center visitors.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
Just when I thought the likes Tecno and Infinix will top the list. grin Xiaomi grin
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by musicwriter(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Just bought samsung A8+ about a month ago and its already having issues. Now I know why.
The OS seems to make a kind of kick start a few minute after the phone is on.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
Those of you masturbating on this thread should have realized by now that this survey was not carried out in Africa, There is no way your tetcno infilix or itec product would be on that survey.

I understand country hard so you need to buy tetcno infilix or itec but that doesn’t give you the right to hate on Samsung, iPhone or any other brand you can’t possibly get.

4 Likes

Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by treasureboy09(m): 1:04am On Jul 24, 2018
The average Chinese don't use techno and infinix
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Rubiesangel: 7:09am On Jul 24, 2018
Psoulsport:
That's was how I bought a phone from this brand and under few months of purchase ...the phone got spoilt beyond...

This pushed me to make use only tecno product. And it have never disappoint me...
You made a wise choice o. Tecno has upgraded to a premium brand, and quality is now the watch word.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by iWing1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
treasureboy09:
The average Chinese don't use techno and infinix
Those brands are not even allowed to be sold in countries like China USA n d like, you cant find them on their shelves. Moreove brands like Samsung and Xiaomi have more users hence, you'll find more of them in repaire shop. Its a simple Maths.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Goldyyy: 5:08am On Jul 25, 2018
TECNO is bae jare
Rubiesangel:
You made a wise choice o. Tecno has upgraded to a premium brand, and quality is now the watch word.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Yyvonne: 5:33am On Jul 25, 2018
TECNO products are durable and reliable .. my sis uses a TECNO device ... And there's been no cause to visit any of their service centers
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Creg7: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2018
Lol... You are shaking the table of iPhone and Samsung..... Abegi... Lemme goan be using my CX ojere
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by omoalajah(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
So even TECNO devices doesnt visit the carlcare as ooften as samsung . wow
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by datyorubaboy: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Abi o, real table shaking
Creg7:
Lol... You are shaking the table of iPhone and Samsung..... Abegi... Lemme goan be using my CX ojere
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by missslimzy(f): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
And I havent taken my affordable TECNO to carlcare before
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by SeedofDavid: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
PRESENTATION:
Those of you masturbating on this thread should have realized by now that this survey was not carried out in Africa, There is no way your tetcno infilix or itec product would be on that survey.

I understand country hard so you need to buy tetcno infilix or itec but that doesn’t give you the right to hate on Samsung, iPhone or any other brand you can’t possibly get.
go back and read the op...
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by Rubiesangel: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
missslimzy:
And I havent taken my affordable TECNO to carlcare before
don't mind them. Yet they'll be talking trash.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by iamdebby(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
Not only is this report misleading by not mentioning all the phone manufacturers used in the survey, it also did not take the proportion of manufactured phones numbers in relation to failure rate experienced.
Common sense should tell us that a manufacturer of 100 phones will most likely visit the service centre more than a manufacturer of 10 phones.
All those holding forth for itel and their likes will be happy with this because a drowning man will hold on to even a blade of grass.
Deep down..we know the truth.
Re: Guess Which Smartphone Brands Make It To The Service Center The Most? Hint: by saxby(f): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
true, this proves that tecno devices are very durable.
Rubiesangel:
Statistics don't lie. Later they'll say itell, TECNO and infinix users are always running to the customer care. The alright Samsung user spends more time at the customer care? Lol

(1) (Reply)

The Best Bluetooth Headset 2019 / Please I Want To Go Buy Fairly Used Iphone,can Someone Suggest Things To Look At / Lost Your Sim Card And Unable To Retrieve Your Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.