Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival (6598 Views)

Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / Why Pogba, Lukaku May Not Feature In Manchester Derby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2018
So what?

Scrabble was expunged from the list of Federation sports approved for participation at the next Sports Festival.

So what?

This is Nigeria where nothing is set, no standards are hallowed, nothing is straight and narrow. Everything is crooked, twisted and twisting.
Truth is, in this land, it will never straighten until it is twisted, bent, contorted, disjointed and scattered. It is our unique way.

So, so what if we deny Scrabble the chance to continue to nurture the mental health and strength of our kids? So what if the only thing Nigeria excels at globally is rubbished? So what if educational tools for the youth is trampled underfoot? So what if another shining light of the nation is blighted?

So what?

Hold your peace people. It is all well for Scrabble to hit the wastebin. Perfectly in order.

Nothing is of value until it has hit the bottom shithole here. Nothing.

Obj... GASHUA
Musa... Near death and death
GJ.... Doctrine of necessity
PMB... 3 defeats and wasc certificate.

Wos, Scrabble should just do its time in the shithole on its way to the Festival.

In that walk, I will stand for it, by it, with it. Join me please.

6 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2018
Jighere Laments Scrabble's Removal From National Sports Festival | Sports Tonight |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=n3As3z0X4QI&app=desktop

A movement is swirling for the return of Scrabble to the sports festival. Please, follow up.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:
So what?

Scrabble was expunged from the list of Federation sports approved for participation at the next Sports Festival.

So what?

This is Nigeria where nothing is set, no standards are hallowed, nothing is straight and narrow. Everything is crooked, twisted and twisting.
Truth is, in this land, it will never straighten until it is twisted, bent, contorted, disjointed and scattered. It is our unique way.

So, so what if we deny Scrabble the chance to continue to nurture the mental health and strength of our kids? So what if the only thing Nigeria excels at globally is rubbished? So what if educational tools for the youth is trampled underfoot? So what if another shining light of the nation is blighted?

So what?

Hold your peace people. It is all well for Scrabble to hit the wastebin. Perfectly in order.

Obj... GASHUA

Wos, Scrabble should just do its time in the shithole on its way to the Festival.

#BringBackOurScrabble

4 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Mindgames: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2018
Let's hope the decision makers hear the cries of scrabble players and lovers of the game.

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Goldbody001: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:
So what?

So what?

So what?

Obj... GASHUA

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by mikotim(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
#BringBackOurScrabble
#lalasticlala
#movetofrontpage

2 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hardeyincah(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
The pictures attached herewith is from an article that featured in The Independent some time ago, titled International Number Ones. It has as its sources statistical evidence gathered from such veritable sources as the CIA, New York Times, Bloomberg, the UN, The Economist, World Bank, Reuters, BBC, Forbs and others, and it clearly shows that the only area of human endeavor wherein Nigeria is number one is in playing scrabble. It turns out that we are even more adept at playing Scrabble than we are even “fantastically corrupt”.
As we speak, there is no one area of human endeavor that has brought Nigeria more positive recognition than Scrabble. We emerged the BEST SCRABBLE PLAYING NATION ON EARTH in 2015 when I won the World Scrabble Championship, and we staged a successful defense in 2017 even though I narrowly missed out on successfully retaining my individual title.
Imagine the shock that greeted me when I learnt a few hours ago that the same Scrabble that has put us on the global map was excluded from the list of Sports to feature in the forthcoming National Sports Festival in November 2018. Scrabble through which Nigeria has demonstrated that she is the TRUE GIANT OF AFRICA by winning 12 of the 13 African Scrabble Championships held till date in the spate of two decades and a half? Scrabble that received participation from about 30 of the 36 States that featured in the last edition of the National Sports Festival, Eko 2012? Scrabble that our government is supposed to rally around and carve out a NATIONAL IDENTITY from, thus portraying us as the beacon of educational advancement on our continent With due respect to the people at the helms of affairs at the Ministry of Sports and Youth Development in particular and the leadership of our dear nation at large, I think we deserved more.
We deserve more insightful leaders both politically and otherwise!
We deserve better recognition for our personal sacrifices over the years!
We deserve, more than any other Sport in Nigeria, to feature in the forthcoming National Sports Festival!
We simply deserve more!!!
Whoever you are, wherever you are, please join me as we say NO to this great injustice!
#BringBackOurScrabble[b][/b]

5 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by virago(f): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
#bringbackourscrabble#

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by cashful(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
#bringbackourscrabble#

Scrabble shouldn't be termed an optional in the first instance. A sport that Nigeria excels in at the world stage should be encouraged locally.

2 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Yomit71(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
IF YOU HAVE DREAMS OF STUDYING ABROAD contact AVAIL INTERNATIONAL CONSULT @ 08137550689
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Drniyi4u(m): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
Scrabble is actually a very good game, especially for kids. I resigned from it when my brothers wanted to use beating kee me grin

#BringBackOurScrabble

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by nabegibeg: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:
So what?

So what?

So what?

Obj... GASHUA

na dem sabi

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Just2endowed2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
CHESS MASTER will always dominate than scrabble cool

check my signature for ur durable PowerBank
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by HotMario: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
OP self wan use grammar [i]kee[/i] me

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Newpride(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2018
Scrabble my best game ever...
Anybody in the house for a challenge...
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
Drniyi4u:
Scrabble is actually a very good game, especially for kids. I resigned from it when my brothers wanted to use beating kee me grin

#BringBackOurScrabble
Lool,your brother cheated you with a lot of foul words... Eue, zen, limitons...all bad words mehn grin

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
Newpride:
Scrabble my best game ever...
Anybody in the house for a challenge...
I'm up. What means?
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by DEIFIED(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
I love this game mehn...
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Horus(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLN-gtflJ9c

Nigeria Scrabble Federation's Nsf Kayode Fashola Speaks On Scrabble's Exclusion From 2019 National Sport
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Tellemall: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
lanaVello:

Lool,your brother cheated you with a lot of foul words... Eue, zen, limitons...all bad words mehn grin

Aren't those French words?
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
Tellemall:

Aren't those French words?
Except they used a French dictionary...but then there are two English words up there as well
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by LordOrochimaru(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
Why!!!!!!!!!!

Mention me if u play Scrabble and stay in lag. There is a meetup weekends at Ikeja.

4 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Benblaq(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
Scrabble is my favourite indoor game.

Anybody close to Calabar metropolis can hook me up for a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by YesNo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2018
Scrabble Player Here

2 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Renaissance10(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
#bringbackourscrabble#

Scrabble shouldn't be termed an optional in the first instance. A sport that Nigeria excels in at the world stage should be encouraged locally.

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
HotMario:
OP self wan use grammar [i]kee[/i] me
Incidentally that your Minister of Trade and Investment organized the first corporate sponsored competition in Nigeria.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hardeyincah(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
Wellington Jighere, Made Nigeria Proud by winning the
2015 world Scrabble championship in Perth, Australia.

#BringBackOurScrabble
#BringBackOurScrabble

3 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hefelove(m): 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
Abeg i have been looking for a very good offline scrabble game. Help me with a link if u know one pls
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Newpride(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
I’m up. What means?

Oya let’s go, we can do it online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by LordOrochimaru(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
hefelove:
Abeg i have been looking for a very good offline scrabble game. Help me with a link if u know one pls
search 'classic words' on appstore or playstore for iOS and Android respectively
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Odaliki: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2018
So many incorrect words, nothing like soif, etaira, eue etc.... Any professional player in Abuja should beep me abeg.. 08168280631

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10mins Draw And No Red Card Prediction / Birmingham 2022: Amuchechi Wins Silver In Women's Wrestling Event / Ant-man And The Wasp: Quantumania Free (2023) YTS Torrent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.