Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) (26203 Views)

World's First Rare White Kiwi That Inspired Children's Books Dies (Photos) / UNILAG Crisis: Ogundipe Leads ASUU Protest As Senate Rejects His Removal-Video / UNIOSUN Students Protest As EFCC Storms Campus To Arrest 20 Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
Jobless students. Better go and read your books.
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by GodIsBiafran: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
This will not happen in Biafra.
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
superjaks:

RIP to the dead though, but those guys at the clinic could be annoying sometimes
Anyways, we stayed at home 4 2months and paid a restitution fee of 5k
Finally, the message was passed and there was overhauling of the staffs at the clinic
At the end of the day, we're Nigerians and we always learn the hard way or force our leaders to learn the hard way.
Healthcare delivery in Nigeria is abysmally poor.
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by nwanyiugbo122(f): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2018
I feel so sad right now, so disheartening.
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by happy27: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by SenRolexy1: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
May his soul rest in peace
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by zidek(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
Who use u for money ritual, ipob miscreants and sorry for your loss, RIP the dead!
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by faithfavour: 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
Even Nigerian Teaching Hospitals couldn't have saved him. RIP BELOVED BROTHER
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by DEcclesia(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
Is bad that the guy lost his life and I pray that God will grant him eternal rest.
For the school authorities who claim that the guy was brought dead.... accepted(although lies) but my question is... had it been the guy was alive when they brought him to hospital, is there any doctor that is available to take care of him? Probably No...
Stop defending evil to maintain your reputation because whoever does or cover evil will surely see evil.
Continue applying your defensive mechanism.
Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by theoldpretender(m): 2:07am On Jul 24, 2018
Matters arising.

1.Probable cause of death.

In this case, most likely the guy had a congenital heart problem.

An American ex-professional basketball player died in the 1980's at the age of forty. An autopsy done showed he had a congeital heart conditon.

Here in Nigeria, we recall the late Sam Okwaraji...who died in his twenties from a congential heart problem. And our own Papilo, who would have been dead a long time ago...if he hadn't transferred to a club that required him to have an echocardiogram as part of his medicals....

The guy also might have had a pulmonary embolus, or may have even had high cholesterol, high BP (Being slim, or young does not mean good heart condtion. There are slim people who have high cholesterol for example.).

2. CPR.

Once he collapsed, the guy should have had CPR commenced on him immediately.Or basic life support. Problem is, we don't teach Nigerians how to do this...anyone can do this.(Something the Ministry of Health, the Nigerian Medical Association and JOHESU could join hands together and do something about it)

Here IS A VIDEO showing how it is done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA04Pqbznp4

Poster below

3. I don't know how well equipped the University Health Center is, but I doubt it has a defibrillator among other things. Infact in my experience of Nigerian hospitals....I doubt even some teaching hopsitals have Advanced life support machinery...and BLS too.

Also, training. One has to keep on getting trained in BLS and ACLS. Such courses are available in Nigeria...but very limited. And they can be costly too..

4. An autopsy must be done. As soon as possible. It is possible he was already dead by the time he arrived at the hospital.Poor communicaiton hurts too.

Re: UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) by pascalbenz: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2018
yemmight:
The initial news mentioned that he died while playing BB but this news mentioned he died while watching. Anyway RIP. But why are they protesting? Was there any physical attack by the authority? That guy is just too cute to die so early.
I Been Think Say Na Only Me Notice Am

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "O" In BODMAS Doesn't Stand For Of / FG Shuts Down All Unity Schools In Abuja Over Security Threats / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.