Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 (28297 Views)

2023: Atiku Selfish, Fled To Dubai After 2019 Poll, Can't Be Trusted - Afegbua / Tinubu’s Associates Split Over Osinbajo’s Alleged Presidential Bid / I Won't Contest Elections Again After 2019 - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by edupedia: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I simply believe that Asiwaju was threatened and blackmailed into his continued support for the president. For his wife to have openly complained of the husband being sidelined after the president won yet the man keeps on supporting. To me, there is more to it than meets the eye. Can you see what the Senate President is currently passing through for his perceived intention to leave the APC?

Rubbish plus nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by israelmao(m): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2018
The way some people analyse on this thread makes me feel as if they were aliens to current political culture in Nigeria and also sends strong and wrong signal that the past is fast elusive from that present as far as some Nigerians are concerned.One of the ways to make a clean break from the past is to take look at it and see what can be done differently in the present for a better future.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 24, 2018
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Truthcat: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2018
I don't like him supporting Buhari but something tells me that Tinubu knows exactly what he's doing. If he allows himself to be treated again like the first time, he will no longer be called Jagaban but a jackass.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Nelson247: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2018
lizzybet:
Yes we fear ooh

me self dey fear that fulani man that looks as if he wan poo every time

To me there is nothing to fear; Tinibu will leave Buhari few days to election. Tinubu knows what he is doing, he wants to keep South west in his pocket and do away with the centre. He is taking side with Atiku but you will never know. Atiku had once saved his political empire (Lagos) from being snatched by Funsho Williams, now it is time to pay Atiku back but that is a 48 Laws of Power Principle which most of you dont know.
Just watch and see. Tinubu will leave Buhari few days to election i repeat
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by themanderon: 12:22am On Jul 24, 2018
Bola Ahmed tinubu will simply end up In the belly of the tiger just like chief Awo and mko before him. It surprises me that people never seem to learn from history. These guys believed in the oligarchs, worked for them and they were ultimately destroyed by them.
Tinubu should not deceive himself that he knows better than these two great men before him. Mark you this day that I said so.
You cannot make friends with a wild tiger and expect not to turn to its meal one day.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by homebase(m): 12:23am On Jul 24, 2018
Their fear is real.

If Buhari won 2019 election, mark it Obasanjo and Tinubu will de decimated. ( I think it will serve both of them right )

Then the real Buhari and full northern agenda will be unleashed.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by UnchangeableGod: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2018
edupedia:

Rubbish plus nonsense...
Sir, it appears you are part of the APC's well oiled propaganda machinery. I made a point you are not comfortable with, didn't I? If you don't want to accept, I know there are others who are reasonable and can read between the lines. Thank you.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by senatordave1(m): 12:29am On Jul 24, 2018
Nelson247:

To me there is nothing to fear; Tinibu will leave Buhari few days to election. Tinubu knows what he is doing, he wants to keep South west in his pocket and do away with the centre. He is taking side with Atiku but you will never know. Atiku had once saved his political empire (Lagos) from being snatched by Funsho Williams, now it is time to pay Atiku back but that is a 48 Laws of Power Principle which most of you dont know.
Oga,that is very funny.me and you know that its better for tinubu to remain with buhari than go to atiku.so he should stop supporting buhari and apc and lose the federal influence and go back to being opposition and perhaps lose even his south west? How would he even be president? Please,try and be realistic sometimes.me and you with every pdp supporter knows that tinubu will always be with buhari
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by senatordave1(m): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2018
themanderon:
Bola Ahmed tinubu will simply end up In the belly of the tiger just like chief Awo and mko before him. It surprises me that people never seem to learn from history. These guys believed in the oligarchs, worked for them and they were ultimately destroyed by them.
Tinubu should not deceive himself that he knows better than these two great men before him. Mark you this day that I said so.
You cannot make friends with a wild tiger and expect not to turn to its meal one day.
So he should work for pdp? To what end
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by sunnymaja(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2018
resurgent2019:

Buhari must recover our money from him. The man is too greedy.
He is greedy like your former governor that built 177 houses without employment of people in business. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by senatordave1(m): 12:33am On Jul 24, 2018
Sanchez01:

It doesn't need to be replaced. We all know the North and the Presidency hate the autonomy Tinubu wields in the South West and they have tried time and time again to cut him to size. The first step they took was seeing that Tinubu's closest allies at the Chambers were denied significant positions.

Buhari perfectly shunned Tinubu, so much that Aisha lamented that Buhari has forgotten those who assisted him to power, all thanks to the Cabal around him. We all know Buhari started flying abroad with Tinubu shortly before he announced his 2019 intention.

Of all moves, I'd appreciate Tinubu realigns with either the PDP or a saner candidate. It would be near impossible to have destroy the party he built. I just hope his moves ahead of 2019 are worth it.
Oh,i was right.tinubu should abandon buhari and support pdp that is worse? Why do you guys wish the impossible.you may hate buhari and want pdp to take over but dont be deceiving yourself na

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by senatordave1(m): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I simply believe that Asiwaju was threatened and blackmailed into his continued support for the president. For his wife to have openly complained of the husband being sidelined after the president won yet the man keeps on supporting. To me, there is more to it than meets the eye. Can you see what the Senate President is currently passing through for his perceived intention to leave the APC?
So he should support pdp abi
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Truthcat: 12:41am On Jul 24, 2018
I taught as much, a case of keep your friend close and enemy closer.

If he allows Buhari to get him, it will only mean something bad has happened to jagaban and if bringing Buhari back is the only answer he has, he should lose support from all Yoruba. He can only negotiate from a position of strength, not when you give him another shot at presidency.

I think Tinubu is just saving face as a back up plan should Buhari win, but in actuality working and planning against his re-election.
emmie14:
Tinubu is aware of this facts . I believe he will dance a new dance. He can't fight from afar. Close enemy. Watch

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 24, 2018
This excerpt is Tinubu's reality. Dilemma at its zenith. I am sure Tinubu is being blackmailed to support Buhari, and there is very little Tinubu could do about it...I think Tinubu will rather await his persecution as a loyalist rather than as an antagonist and opponent. It is going to be very hard for Tinubu to join a disorganized opposition party with very little chance of defeating Buhari but I am sure Tinubu will be praying in his closet that Buhari be defeated.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by 9gerian: 1:11am On Jul 24, 2018
Dem no dey tell person!

History has taught us that men learn nothing from history...

MadeInTokyo:
Alleged o whittle down Tinubu’s political influence in S’West

Say some govs working against Tinubu’s interest in Osun

As the 2019 presidential election draws closer, some political associates of the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, have expressed fear that President Muhammadu Buhari may turn against Tinubu after the 2019 elections.

Tinubu’s associates, who served in different capacities while he was the governor of Lagos State, equally doubted whether Tinubu made the right judgment to support the president’s re-election in 2019.

Some of his associates recently spoke with THISDAY in confidence, wondering what would likely be the fate of the APC leader if he “eventually helps Buhari win a second term in office as the president of Nigeria.”
One of the associates, who served in the Lagos State Executive Council between 2003 and 2007, noted that the president might want “to use Tinubu to win Lagos and South-west and afterwards, dump him.”

He disclosed that Tinubu’s political allies “have been putting pressure on him to reconsider his decision to support Buhari’s re-election.”
“It appears Asiwaju is resolute to support Buhari despite the way he was treated after he helped Buhari win 2015 presidential election.”
The associate said even though Tinubu shrugged off the warning of his trusted associates repeatedly, realities would eventually dawn on him at last that his judgment to support Buhari’s re-election was not right

He explained that Buhari “has never been comfortable with Tinubu’s vast financial resources”. According to him, the president was also said to be uncomfortable with Tinubu’s political influence, not only in the South-west states, but also across the federation.
“Buhari may choose to cut him to size after his re-election,” the associate said.

Another associate, who is working closely with the APC leader, noted that many of the people to whom Buhari had concentrated powers had not hidden their disapproval of Tinubu.

“When the time comes, the president will simply become inaccessible. The sharks within the administration will turn against Tinubu. They have done it before. They are going to do it again. But Tinubu is not looking at issues from this perspective.

“Buhari could not have come back to Tinubu if the Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola could really secure him victory in Lagos State. Buhari returned to Tinubu because none of his new friends could help him win election in Lagos and South-west states,” the associate said.

He revealed that Buhari actually preferred Fashola; Ondo State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu; his Ogun State counterpart, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun; Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, but could not depend on them alone to win the majority of votes in the South-west.
Another associate said Tinubu’s political allies were jittery “due to how Buhari treated the APC leader shortly after he was elected president.”

“Despite his contribution to Buhari’s election, he was at a time denied access to the president to the chagrin of his supporters,” he added.
He said the APC national leader should learn from the treatment meted out to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who, despite his support for Buhari after losing the APC’s presidential primary, was isolated and had his business interest harmed by a government he helped put in place.
He explained that the first thing they did was “to turn against his business interest.

They claimed the contract between the Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) and Intels, in which Atiku has interest, violated the 1999 Constitution.
“What did Atiku do wrong? What offence did he commit? They simply consider him too rich and too powerful for them. Thus, they tag him a threat to the Buhari government. That is the way they see Tinubu,” he said.

The source cited how the presidency “played former APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, against Tinubu”.
“In order to satisfy Tinubu, the presidency has suddenly realised that Odigie-Oyegun is weak and undeserving to remain as the party’s national chairman. The plot to deal with Tinubu is well known to some privileged northerners within the president’s inner circle. Tinubu cannot deny that such a plot exist,” he said.

An entirely different source shared the fear of Tinubu’s political associates, disclosing that some South-west governors had started working subtly against Tinubu’s interest in Osun State just after APC’s victory in Ekiti State.

Already, the source claimed that some South-west governors “have started promoting the candidacy of the Secretary to Osun State Government, Alhaji Moshood Adeoti, in the presidency against Tinubu’s interest and contrary to understanding they reached before Ekiti State election.
“Tinubu agreed to support the Fayemi candidacy on the ground that he would be given privilege to choose the governorship candidate in Osun State. They all agreed to this condition at a meeting facilitated by the Presidency. But they have started breaching this agreement. Subtly, they have been funding and promoting Adeoti against Tinubu’s interest. They are simply working to whittle down Tinubu’s political influence in the South-west states,” the source explained.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/19/tinubus-associates-fear-buhari-may-turn-against-him-after-2019/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by FA13(m): 1:16am On Jul 24, 2018
resurgent2019:

They will replace him with someone else. I pray after Buhari wins his 2nd term, he should help the good people of Lagos recover our wealth from that thief called Tinubu.

Tinubu is a very greedy man and he will meet his Waterloo in Buhari by the grace of God. Tinubu is supporting a known bigot and economically disruptive Buhari because he wants to be Nigerian President but he doesn’t know that only God gives power. He shall be stripped of all his ill gotten wealth by the same Buhari he has used to destroy the lives of millions of Nigerian. As long as God liveth, Tinubu shall meet his downfall with Buhari.

Eyan oni gbin cocoa ko ka agbado. Tinubu shall surely reap what he sowed.

True talk...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Truthcat: 1:27am On Jul 24, 2018
You are sick in the head for mentioning Awo. As for Mko, he worked with the north, trusted them and ended up in their belly just as Obasanjo will one day. Awo never trusted them and was even more maltreated by Igbos than he was by Hausa, but didn't end up in anyone's belly.

Whatever Hausa and fulani believe, Tinubu is aware of and probably has a plan in place for it and if he doesn't, then he deserves what he gets from them.

There's a reason why the first time Yoruba worked with the north was in 2015 and that was because of the way Jonathan treated the Yoruba plus he was incompetent, Tinubu didn't really have any choice then, but now he does.

2019 is in the air for anyone to play with. What I'm interested in is 2023, the year of the showdown. Hausa and fulani will want to be in power still and Igbos will be a high risk for the presidency and Yoruba the highest risk, knowing how it's possible to have all security chiefs from one tribe as we currently have with Buhari. If Yoruba get to be president and have all what fulani have today, we can declare Omoluabi republic. And if that fails, there will still be a more dangerous option, freedom is worth laying one's life down for.

themanderon:
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Truthcat: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2018
True, but Buhari won't be running for anything after 2019 and could show himself. I believe Tinubu knows this already and has a boulder size chip to throw in and the card still in his hand.
blazer2018:
Tinubu's man is the VP of Nigeria.

His boy is the majority leader at the House of Rep.

His boy Babatunde Fowler, is d chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service(FIRS).

He's got all those guys and many more in this Government and some are still saying Tinubu was sidelined...are u for real?

People just trying fruitlessly to raise dust between Buhari and Tinubu...it won't work...Tinubu is a seasoned politician, he knows how to play the game...Plus he's a chronic winner...Pple should stop taking medicine for Tinubu's headache...he's got dis.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by DSoj(m): 2:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Figment of imaginations.
Fake news

But Tinubu has successfully chosen the ApC candidate for osun.
So what's the noise here? ..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by EagleNest(m): 2:43am On Jul 24, 2018
But would there be a 2nd term for Buhari with all these his unbelievable governance.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by BabaO2: 3:01am On Jul 24, 2018
resurgent2019:

They will replace him with someone else. I pray after Buhari wins his 2nd term, he should help the good people of Lagos recover our wealth from that thief called Tinubu.

Tinubu is a very greedy man and he will meet his Waterloo in Buhari by the grace of God. Tinubu is supporting a known bigot and economically disruptive Buhari because he wants to be Nigerian President but he doesn’t know that only God gives power. He shall be stripped of all his ill gotten wealth by the same Buhari he has used to destroy the lives of millions of Nigerian. As long as God liveth, Tinubu shall meet his downfall with Buhari.

Eyan oni gbin cocoa ko ka agbado. Tinubu shall surely reap what he sowed.
You are a mere resident of Lagos state, indigenous Lagosians don't talk this way
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Kdon2: 3:43am On Jul 24, 2018
chinjo:
What Saraki suffered will be nothing compared to what Tinubu would suffer should Buhari win in 2019.

Dont mind them.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by hope4nigeria(m): 3:59am On Jul 24, 2018
Tinubu is a business man using political power to increase his wealth base. Before now, Buhari only denied him access but didn't touch his business interests including his interests in government money making agencies. If you know you know

I believe Tinubu is fully aware that Buhari outsmarted him to make loyalists in the near west governors of Ogun, Ondo, Kogi, and Ekiti-elect except if he's living in denial

Also, Tinubu might not be able to work against Buhari because of Osinbajo factor

The papambari re nipe odale ni Ogbeni Buhari yen toriwipe Tinubu factor lo help e ni 2015 election and we all know how he treated him after

The man that was practically living in Lagos before election suddenly stopped visiting after

Well, what do I know sef

Let's wait and see things unfold
I belong to everybody " I belong to nobody " statement was practically directed at Tinunbu . Ode gidi no tinunbu yi sa. Meanwhile, Buhari originally belong to Fulani herdsmen and boko haram
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by hope4nigeria(m): 4:05am On Jul 24, 2018
homebase:
Their fear is real.

If Buhari won 2019 election, mark it Obasanjo and Tinubu will de decimated. ( I think it will serve both of them right )

Then the real Buhari and full northern agenda will be unleashed.

tell them, shey they don't have brain
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by biggie73(m): 4:47am On Jul 24, 2018
An adage says a weekend that will be rosy, will be known on Friday. Buhari's disappointing Tinubu in 2019 is as sure as death. If I were him, I will try my best.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by OduduwaYoruba: 5:16am On Jul 24, 2018
Tinubu supports Buhari at your own peril, I don't care. You saw how Buhari turned against you after winning the election yet you refuse to learn, remember, once beaten twice shy. Note, Only a fool does the same thing twice expecting different results, Buhari genealogy is Betrayal and Blood-letting.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Butoneday2(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2018
Tinubu is a fouul, yorubas are sabotuers. angry angry. Quote me i don't give a fuvk.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by PHILipu1(m): 5:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Nelson247:

And you think leaving Buhari few days to the election will have any negative effect on Buhari re election?
Note that state governors of Ondo,Ekiti and Ogun are not Tinubu boys in Southwest.

Or you think Buhari men were stupid when they stood behind Bello,Akeredolou and Fayemi when Tinubu wanted his boys as governors?

The truth now is that Tinubu need Buhari more than Buhari need Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by Ategberoson(m): 5:59am On Jul 24, 2018
as a Yoruba guy I care not if tinubu is imprisoned together with humiliation. sw political space is not his estate.

a man that took his political interest above his people welfare doesn't worth my sympathy. all stakeholders in sw had rights in sw politics, southwest is bigger than individual.

his over ambitious and political greediness would relegate him below irrelevancies soonest
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by opribo(m): 6:45am On Jul 24, 2018
The fear is not out of place considering how he sidetracked him after he came into power and suddenly now as 2019 is approaching , Tinubu has become the most important person in APC.
Talk about fooling me once its Ok. Fool me twice is mistake but thrice then the person must indeed be a big 'mugu'.
Not after building such a formidable party in the West some despot will just hijack it overnight.
Re: Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019 by wyqay: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2018
after 2019 election,tinubu will embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Campaigns In Delta State (Photos, Video ) / Ndume: I Can No Longer Be Maina’s Surety, He Is Untrustworthy / My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.