Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Abortion Arguments - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Abortion Arguments (366 Views)

Step By Step Instructions To Win Arguments With Stupid, Stubborn People / COZA Pastor In Fresh Troubles: Accused Of Abortion And Murder Of Church Member / The Republic Of Ireland Has Voted Overwhelmingly To Overturn The Abortion Ban By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Abortion Arguments by chineduemmao: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2018
I grew up with an intense moral imperative especially about life, this is partly due to the fact that am inherently rational (proof am human) and due to religious standpoints and upbringing. At this stage, I still see all life as sacred without duress, without subjugations no reservation for destitute reasons to kill at any instant. For me no matter what justifiable reason there is, life is still life.

It beats my imagination how many toll directly opposite to this belief of mine that i consider all rounder like a universal law that should be governing all souls, it could be bigotry on my own side ethnocentric maybe but i know am civil enough not to be a complete bigot there are still rooms for others opinion Irrespective of what i do with them, completely my choice.

How i first processed this message from a facebook friend about how she is greatful of the choice to abort a fetus is rather abysmal, i have never shyed away from a civil discussion before but i lost this one, i couldn't comprehend it. I have kept on asking myself what made this young woman say something like this then i asked her "why are u greatfull for being granted a legall choice to kill a developing child?" She replied first by countering my reference point of a fetus as a developing child and said its rather not called a child in any form cause its not yet of that character to be a child then she went further to explain how she could feel unready at any point in the pregnancy and could be prompted to see the pregnancy as unwanted and this fact gives her the summum right to remove any unwanted object from her body the way she'd remove a tumour. I couldnt reply this, not because i do not know what to say, but because what to say if it fails to convince the nuisance that she has no such rights to objectify an unborn child then whatever i have said, to me is pointless.

She is strong and clearcut in her words she knows what she said but i can justify how misguided they were. This prompted me to throw in a little research about states that have legalised abortion.
I found out that most countries that legalised abortion did so on anecdotal references to stories of rape and unconsesual sex that could have led to trauma on the side of the helpless woman. On a matter of providence, yes cases like that exist but on a very minial fraction (that doesn't mean they should be swept under the carpet). There were over 846,000 abortions in the USA in 2014, of which 50% involved young girls under 24 years.

In our quest to enjoy the full pleasure of sex without having to deal with the consequences we've invented our own logics to suite.
I have been asked if the female body is an incubator that it should be forced to keep what it does not want to. The answer to that question is another question; what is the need for contraceptives?
It is basically true that no contraceptives is 100% efficient it is also true that the small inefficiency of contraceptives are due to the user's fault. I am not preaching about abstinence i don't even know what that word tells but is it not better the world deals with a little bit of human carelessness than experience a mass hysteria of miniature murders rebranded abortion?

Little is being told of the trauma experienced by majority of women who has had abortions by supporters of faith "abortion", they paint a weak picture of its emotional effect on the woman and focus primarily on objectifying the unborn child.

Feminists pulling the strings of abortion rights on the basis of bodily anatomy have failed to realise or rather kept a blind eye to the truth that we have natural roles which is independent of our political or moral inclinations, when it comes to the case of abortion it is no longer what u want for your body but what what u want in relation to its effect on the other guy somewhere inside.
You want to binge, but when it will affect the other guy your binging becomes a crime its as simple as that and should be. I have heard cases where a breastfeeding mother was arrested for drinking, what does the "it-is-my-body-i'll-do-what-i-want" logic do in this case? It is simply helpless so to say, but feminists fail to admit the fact that we are not that free to choose what to or not to do with our own body.

Majority of unwanted pregnancies are teenage and mistaken pregnancies by two consenting adults and not of rape or incest, it is on this note that i maintain that using anecdotes of rape and incest to back-up support for abortion makes the whole situation lack credence and inconsequential because in real life, you first of all consider the majority before the minority, its just common sense.

(1) (Reply)

Google Reverse Image Search On Mobile Phones / Seun Please Read / Scientific Report On Premarital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.