Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? (1838 Views)

Human Food That Dogs Or Pups Should Never Eat A Thread / Why Christians Should Not Sell Dogs Or Tithe From Dog Sales Income / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by cyrielo(m): 3:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Why must we carry last in everything? Even South African have the South African Mastiff (Boerboel).
Please don't tell me about bingo undecided

South African Mastiff dog below

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by rumenase(m): 4:39am On Jul 24, 2018
hehehe
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by agboedeh: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
cyrielo:
Why must we carry last in everything? Even South African have the South African Mastiff (Boerboel).

cos maybe we don't have d time to improve our local breed

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by cyrielo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
agboedeh:
cos maybe we don't have d time to improve our local breed
We spend too much time insulting politicians. And thinking about our stomach embarassed
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by agboedeh: 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
cyrielo:

We spend too much time insulting politicians. And thinking about our stomach embarassed
true talk
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by DemiVonKrone: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Well, we cant just decide to grow out a mastiff and claim it. Not every country has a prominent dog. However, you have a point because mostly the breed we call Bingo has been neglected and severely hated on. Nigerians have a thing for ignoring indigenous commodities and feasting on imports.
I know you don't want to hear this but the 'bingo' is actually ours sir. We could have spent years developing something beautiful out of it buh nope, we spent years completely diluting it and now we have 'Basenjis' that bark... (imagine). It's never too late tho, buh it would take some serious dedication and commitment to pull this off.

Just my opinion tho, I'm only a learner

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2023
I Got some local dogs specially for this project. Plan on mating the local bitch with a neopolitan and mating the pups with a cane corso and still maybe mate the pups whith another quality breed. I pray God will see us through
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Oluwafreshing(m): 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
Destinygsd:
I Got some local dogs specially for this project. Plan on mating the local bitch with a neopolitan and mating the pups with a cane corso and still maybe mate the pups whith another quality breed. I pray God will see us through

I hope you're fully ready for this breeding program because it's not a 5 year thing, plan properly, all products from this program must be within your reach
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 6:05am On Nov 07, 2023
Oluwafreshing:

I hope you're fully ready for this breeding program because it's not a 5 year thing, plan properly, all products from this program must be within your reach
... Yeah and its not a one man thing it requires cooperation from all breeders.. I created a thread specially for this project buh it seems no one's interested. So i decided to continue with the few interested ones. And see it through even with the last of my breath
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Oluwafreshing(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2023
Destinygsd:
... Yeah and its not a one man thing it requires cooperation from all breeders.. I created a thread specially for this project buh it seems no one's interested. So i decided to continue with the few interested ones. And see it through even with the last of my breath

You need to do a lot of research too, it's not just mixing mixing mixing.

Wishing you the best
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2023
Oluwafreshing:

Wishing you the best
yeah researches, documentations, time, STUDS and FINANCE needs to be put in place thats why i said its not a one man job...... Still searching for a good agile neopolitan for the studs
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Oluwafreshing:

Wishing you the best
yeah researches, documentations, time, STUDS and FINANCE!!!! needs to be put in place thats why i said its not a one man job...... Still searching for a good agile neopolitan for the studs
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Oluwafreshing:

Wishing you the best
yeah researches, documentations, time, STUDS and FINANCE!!!! needs to be put in place thats why i said its not a one man job...... Still searching for a good agile neopolitan for the studs.. thanks though
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by frisky2good(m): 2:04am On Nov 08, 2023
cyrielo:

There is no original breed to start with. Most of our dogs are already mixed so selective breeding will be difficult.
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2023
frisky2good:

There is no original breed to start with. Most of our dogs are already mixed so selective breeding will be difficult.
.. Yeah its difficult cause no one has attempted it. And most Breeders cant cooperate
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Silentgroper(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2023
Boerboel was gotten from the mixture of the south African breed and an American bully...

I think naturally the south African breed has always been a guard dog unlike ours that's a hunting dog. Do mixing with the American bully only improved it looks and not its guarding nature .. but ours even if it was mixed with a pitbull will be a hunting dog with no instinct of guarding nature ..

So how about we Keep it's nature but only improve it's looks ... Because no matter how many trials, they are still going to remain a hunting dog..
Re: Why Are There No Specially Bred Nigerian Mastiff Dogs? Or Nigerian Shepherd >: ? by Destinygsd: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Silentgroper:
Boerboel was gotten from the mixture of the south African breed and an American bully...

I think naturally the south African breed has always been a guard dog unlike ours that's a hunting dog. Do mixing with the American bully only improved it looks and not its guarding nature .. but ours even if it was mixed with a pitbull will be a hunting dog with no instinct of guarding nature ..

So how about we Keep it's nature but only improve it's looks ... Because no matter how many trials, they are still going to remain a hunting dog..
....................... .... ..... Yeah you'r right but its not all about guarding. Siberian husky is a bad guard dog but its so expensive.. SO in my view, mixing our local dog with a better breed will not only improve its instints, but we will drive to improve its look thereby making it more presentable and respectable..

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd / Dobberman X Rotweiller Pup For Sale Or Exchange / Caption This Photograph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.