Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki (6218 Views)

Air Peace Lagos-london Tickets Sold Out Till September, Says Allen Onyema / Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Custody Till September As Judges Begin Vacation / Senate Adjourns Plenary Till After Presidential Poll, Fails To Consider Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by jjjjj2017: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:
If indeed people in the executive want to persecute the Senate President, they will simply do the following:

1. Allow the police treat him like a murder suspect.

2. Get members of the National Assembly to reconvene- you think it is impossible? Sit down there. INEC funds have not been approved as far as the executive is concerned you know.

3. Senator Saraki has panicked and is in a much weaker position today than he was yesterday.

However, what do I know? The so-called "wailers" are celebrating- what exactly? I don't know.

Oh, I forgot PDP is now the majority abi? Getting some PDP members to defect to the APC is not a major problem now.

My point is this, the only value that Senator Saraki had was for the Senate to do its job and keep runniing. Now, that the Senate has been shutdown for 2 months. Those in the executive can do effectively what they want with him and his acolytes.

its too late to cry when the...

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by lastmessenger: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

Name-calling, lack of depth, celebrating things that have little value. These are the hallmarks of those that align themselves with the opposition in Nigeria.

Maybe the Senate President will claim asylum sha. He can go and hide in the British embassy but that does not help your anti-Buhari cause now. PMB would still be in effective control, an Atiku would be pleased though. A potential rival in the PDP primaries just ran himself into a cul-de-sac.
so you are siding buhari? For what exactly are you siding buhari? Is it for the Fulani terrorism or for his failed economic policies that brought the economy to its knees or for his disrespect for our rule of law and democratic values or for his perceived nepotism and bigotry? What exactly will make a sane man support a buhari? why should an educated man like you support a man who care about cows more than humans?
From your tune,I can see you will be the happiest man to see the police arrest saraki and lock him up without trial. I guess some of you want this country to become a north Korea where we will have one supreme leader.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Aegon(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:
If indeed people in the executive want to persecute the Senate President, they will simply do the following:

2. Get members of the National Assembly to reconvene- you think it is impossible? Sit down there. INEC funds have not been approved as far as the executive is concerned you know.

3. Senator Saraki has panicked and is in a much weaker position today than he was yesterday.

However, what do I know? The so-called "wailers" are celebrating- what exactly? I don't know.

Oh, I forgot PDP is now the majority abi? Getting some PDP members to defect to the APC is not a major problem now.

My point is this, the only value that Senator Saraki had was for the Senate to do its job and keep runniing. Now, that the Senate has been shutdown for 2 months. Those in the executive can do effectively what they want with him and his acolytes.

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by jjjjj2017: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
CilicMarin:
[s][/s]

Go back to the kitchen ipob woman.

Where is Nnamdi Kanu today? Do you think a Buhari a demi God in the North is your useless ogogoro drinker from Otuoke in Bayelsa?
NgeneUkwenu, 30k alawee will soon be over you better start saving now to have money wey you go take pure water hawking business.

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by jjjjj2017: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

[s]Name-calling, lack of depth, celebrating things that have little value. These are the hallmarks of those that align themselves with the opposition in Nigeria.

Maybe the Senate President will claim asylum sha. He can go and hide in the British embassy but that does not help your anti-Buhari cause now. PMB would still be in effective control, an Atiku would be pleased though. A potential rival in the PDP primaries just ran himself into a cul-de-sac.[/s]

You need senselin

4 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maestroferddi: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Acjohn:

I don't think there is any plan to impeach him now, Saraki has not even landed completely in PDP he is just testing the waters. there is no better time than now to gather more loyalist. that's exactly what he needs now and you can't do that in the chamber. It's a time to plan, feel the tension in the society, parties and government and possibly use it to your advantage.
you forgot that ppl don't plan war while fighting is going on, they plan wars during breaks or before the wars starts.
secondly, he may want to use the avenue and his power to frustrate and push PMB to do things that require the debates endorsement which will constitute a breach of the Nigerian law and as a result give Nigerians a convinsing reason to endorse PMB's impeachment.
the game that's on going is more than what an ordinary mind can comprehend.
don't forget that Saraki would also seek council from the political heavyweights that are also PMB enemies like OBJ and IBB.
so all I will tell you is that the drama is yet to start and best thing is to go on a long break to strategize
Smart and tactical thinking...

It is only a nitwit who is still taking Saraki for a neophyte on the political chessboard despite his slew of victories, dexterity and plain sagacity.

The dude is a high IQ person... He is having Buhari and his underlings for toast...

It is not by unleashing a semi-literate IGP on perceived political opponents...

4 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

What do you know? Armchair analyst. No go find work. BMC salary will soon come to an end. Your gratuity on BMC is now N180k (#30k for next 6 months). Be here analysing what Buhari ought to do and should do. The game is over for Buhari. He lost ... again! Painful as it is, it is a big loss!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by resurgent2019: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
lastmessenger:
so you are siding buhari? For what exactly are you siding buhari? Is it for the Fulani terrorism or for his failed economic policies that brought the economy to its knees or for his disrespect for our rule of law and democratic values or for his perceived nepotism and bigotry? What exactly will make a sane man support a buhari? why should an educated man like you support a man who care about cows more than humans?
From your tune,I can see you will be the happiest man to see the police arrest saraki and lock him up without trial. I guess you some of want this country to become a north Korea where we will have one supreme leader.

Only one reason: Fundamentalism

I feel sad when i remember who Maclatunji used to be on Nairaland. Very upwardly mobile professional. He was in the league of Jarus of the Nairaland of yore.... sad sad sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Opinionated: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
maestroferddi:
Smart and tactical thinking...

It is only a nitwit who is still taking Saraki for a neophyte on the political chessboard despite his slew of victories, dexterity and plain sagacity.

The dude is a high IQ person... He is having Buhari and his underlings for toast...

It is not by unleashing a semi-literate IGP on perceived political opponents...

He will have time to do all of that from detention? You guys forget he has no immunity and he is implicated in a case of Murder/Armed Robbery.
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Opinionated: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Amitez:

What do you know? Armchair analyst. No go find work. BMC salary will soon come to an end. Your gratuity on BMC is now N180k (#30k for next 6 months). Be here analysing what Buhari ought to do and should do. The game is over for Buhari. He lost ... again! Painful as it is, it is a big loss!

Yawning.

Literally...

The budget has been passed, that would have been the only thing that could have crippled the presidency, anything else strengthens its hand especially when he has shown that it can force it's way on issues if it wants.

The only thing Senator Saraki was clinging on to was the National Assembly operations affecting the entire country if made unsettled. Now, that it is closed, who will bother about it?

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maclatunji: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Babiod:

I like how you're thinking...Nice one they really don't know APC is now in tension.secret deals,alliance,betrayals will be going on underneath.OBJ is working abeg so he's not dead politically after all.moreover they thinking the chanting going on in the house of reps is for nothing, that's their next focus probably.Buh APC will strike back soon let's wait and see.am sure but they would explore any ready available options and note even to the point of bribing might not be with cash sef.

OBJ? A man that consistently fails to deliver his ward?

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maestroferddi: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Opinionated:

He will have time to do all of that from detention? You guys forget he has no immunity and he is implicated in a case of Murder/Armed Robbery.

Dumbness raised to the power APC...

Why did the detention not kick in before Saraki midwifed the defection of 15 former APC senators, with more to come?

You guys are still day-dreaming while the rug is being pull from under your feet...

PDP that had a seemingly inpenetrable structure fell let alone APC which is a house built on the superstructure of division, nepotism, falsehood and propaganda ....

4 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by OsuEbonyi: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
Amarabae:
whats tribalistic in my comment
My osu sister from Ebonyi. I know your are a failed auxiliary nurse and it is really taking a toll on you.
Get well soon

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maclatunji: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
maestroferddi:
Dumbness raised to the power APC...

Why did the detection not kicking in before Saraki midwife the defection of 15 former APC senators with more to come?

You guys are still day-dreaming while the rug is being pull from under your feet...

PDP that had a seemingly inpenetrable structure fell let alone APC which is a house built on the superstructure of division, nepotism, falsehood and propaganda ....

APC just won Ekiti where we have PDP Champion Fayose. grin grin grin grin grin

What are you going on about?

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by KanwuliaExtra: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
Extremely unwise!
I concur.

But let us see the next move wink
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by lobell: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maestroferddi: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

APC just won Ekiti where we have PDP Champion Fayose. grin grin grin grin grin

What are you going on about?
APC just rigged their way to Ekiti governorship election.

The narrative will be settled in the fullness of time.

When Buhari has been disgraced out of power, the reliable Supreme Court will set the records straight.

No matter how evil accelerates, the good will eventually meet and overtake it.

Now put a finger on the foregoing even when as a Yoruba Muslim, you have gained infamy/notoriety for standing truth, propriety and justice on their heads...

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Spacko007(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
The National Assembly is due for Recess already, get your facts right.
PMB is just been mischievous sending the INEC budget few days ago. He wants to turn the masses against National Assembly.
A military general that can't play his card well is not worth the rank.

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by ojobek: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

Why are you crying?This is not the first time that senate adjourn the plenary.It pains am.Yoruba zombies

1 Like

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by Mboi2: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

How will you restore the few seconds of my time I wasted reading your trash? The truth is the your ass hole President will be impeached before October and PDP will reclaim their victory in court, so Fayemi will never be the governor and APC and Buhari will be in jail during 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by rozayx5(m): 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
CilicMarin:
[s][/s]

Go back to the kitchen ipob woman.

Where is Nnamdi Kanu today? Do you think a Buhari a demi God in the North is your useless ogogoro drinker from Otuoke in Bayelsa?

Demi god who could not win if not four southern votes after several years of failure

You people over estimate the dolard

4 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by rozayx5(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
Amarabae:
what brought nnamdi kanu into this?
demi god and he is asslicking kwankwaso and saraki not to decamp.
Lol go and sleep boy

The demi God status they attach to him is a sham

Gej was just a weak man unless. The daura dollard candidacy would have been killed in court even before he dreamt to contest

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by ojobek: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
Opinionated:

Are you a judge,just continue to deceive yourself,cct he escaped,siege he escaped,what next?have you asked yourself why he adjourn till September knowing that inec issues is there.

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by alezzy13: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
@OP, I disagree

Unless the Senate can form a quorum and get him impeached, FG is effectively tied. They can treat him like a common criminal but that risks further invoking more criticism, more so when he is still the holder of the office.

Already the poorly thought out siege has backfired spectacularly and has made FG look very bad indeed. The least they can do now is damage control

This was the best move, IMO. Any attempt to reconvene b4 September would be an illegality.

3 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by yazach: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

They can easily deal with the senators since all of them have one or two corruption case to answer.

It is an advantage in disguise but the wailers and IPOD can not see beyond their nose
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by alezzy13: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
Let's face it, Saraki outplayed PMB, federal might and all, in a truly maradonic fashion.

We're he not among the thieving clique of politicians I probably would have started liking him a little. . . embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maclatunji: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Mboi2:

How will you restore the few seconds of my time I wasted reading your trash? The truth is the your ass hole President will be impeached before October and PDP will reclaim their victory in court, so Fayemi will never be the governor and APC and Buhari will be in jail during 2019 election.

You dream a lot.

Let us even say, he gets impeached, guess who is coming back as APC candidate Godwilling? grin grin grin grin
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by maclatunji: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
alezzy13:
Let's face it, Saraki outplayed PMB, federal might and all, in a truly maradonic fashion.

We're he not among the thieving clique of politicians I probably would have started liking him a little. . . embarassed

Maradonaed himself into a dead-end.
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2018
Amarabae:
whats tribalistic in my comment
never mind..I just didn't expect someone. like you to get into this "" Yoruba's do this and Igbo do this""".. guess I misjudged you... its well
Re: Suspending Plenary Till September 25 Actually An Unwise Move By Senator Saraki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
maclatunji:

Maradonaed himself into a dead-end.
Saraki has been winning elections even before Buhari entered politics,Saraki actually helped Buhari win in 2015

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu To Settle For Kingibe As Running Mate / Arewa Joint Committee: SDP Presidential Candidate Highlights His Plans (videos) / Amnesty: Niger Delta Agitators Had Legitimate Demands Unlike Bandits – Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.