Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon (1249 Views)

An Inexperienced Dog Owner / Diary Of A Dog Lover And An Upcoming.. / Dog Lover Bought These Babies From Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello Petlanders,

My GSD is about 44 days pregnant and from my calculations with what i found online (delivery time is usually bet 58 - 63 days) i have come to say she is 14 - 19 days due. Infact i havent started preparations as i am still scared infact i amnt even sure if i will be giving the time at work to be with her... I am nervous. I have tried to get someone to do it while i pay this person but no luck so far.... I am wondering if you experienced guys could help me.... I have also read the pups would need to be in a place where the temperature is not so cold so i am wondering if i would have to put her in one of our rooms(I dont know if wife would agree to this). Please your advices is needed my people.

I am also available on WhatsApp 0811 -565 -6680
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by Drnativet2018: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Well usually the bitch would deliver on her own without any assistance, but occassionally there may be difficulty in the whelping process and she might require assistance.
As for the newly born pups, yes u would have to place them in a warm place. If the kernel is wooden, you not necessarily bother too much, only look for ways of reducing the air flow into the kernel. However, if the kernel is metal you may have to put either wood shavings or fabric foot mats on the floor of the cage, as well as reducing the air flow by probably covering some parts of the cage with cloth or nylon.

Immediately after birth, try placing the pups on antibiotic, amoxicillin syrup should do, and also get baby multivitamins. These you would have to administer for 5-7 days to give them a good start.

I hope this is helpful.
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Drnativet2018:
Well usually the bitch would deliver on her own without any assistance, but occasionally there may be difficulty in the whelping process and she might require assistance.
As for the newly born pups, yes u would have to place them in a warm place. If the kernel is wooden, you not necessarily bother too much, only look for ways of reducing the air flow into the kernel. However, if the kernel is metal you may have to put either wood shavings or fabric foot mats on the floor of the cage, as well as reducing the air flow by probably covering some parts of the cage with cloth or nylon.

Immediately after birth, try placing the pups on antibiotic, amoxicillin syrup should do, and also get baby multivitamins. These you would have to administer for 5-7 days to give them a good start.

I hope this is helpful.

I really do appreciate this. I intend making something like a box / whelping box since i didnt prepare well for imported whelping box however I saw some(boxes) on google and i have asked the carpenter to come build on Saturday when i will be home. I will also ensure to get the medicines you have mentioned.
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
We are in... We landed on Aug 15th

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
3boys 1 girl.

We have started eating on our own and lapping water. Our owner who is actually our friend is really taking care of us.

We eat and drink Diamond junior + K9 Milk Re-placer. We turned 3 weeks Sept 5th
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
But really its funny watching this pups develop. I have noticed 1 of them is actually a bully. This one would just bully any of the pups... And 2 of them actually know how to defend themselves. Once the bully is coming this 2 would start that growling sound hmmmm hmmm dont come ooo
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by jayned: 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
congratulations! can you please post pictures of the milk replacer you use and the cost?
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by vinscent: 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
ur location... I may buy one....08053223701
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 3:02am On Sep 08, 2018
jayned:
congratulations! can you please post pictures of the milk replacer you use and the cost?

OK will take a pix. You can contact me via whatsapp 0811 565 6680
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 3:03am On Sep 08, 2018
vinscent:
ur location... I may buy one....08053223701

Agege / Ogba, Lagos.
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 3:05am On Sep 08, 2018
jayned:

1 Like

Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by McMayor(m): 5:25am On Sep 08, 2018
Our Father & Mother doing that thing.

Ohh and our parents are slants. And daddy is very aggressive,... our mum, friendly and social. Very neat also.

Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by jayned: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2018
McMayor:

thank you so much!
Re: Inexperienced Dog Lover Expecting Puppies Soon by vinscent: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2018
08053223701 price on whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Adult Female Boerboel Available(sold sold) / Rottweiler Puppies Available And Affordable / Solid Pedigree Rottweiler Pup Avail For Sale In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.