Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU (17292 Views)

What Was Your First Tecno Phone ? / The First TECNO Device Running Kaios Is Here: Meet The T901 / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
After watching Infinix and itel gradually making their shift from total dependence on Mediatek CPUs to Qualcomm Snapdragon Chips, Tecno also decided to make the move, and have launched her first snapdragon powered smartphone – the Tecno Camon i Twin – in India. Just like Infinix Hot 6 Pro, the Tecno Camon i Twin is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 CPU clocked at 1.4Ghz.

Tecno Camon i Twin Specifications and Features
Display: 5.9-inches (~76.2% screen-to-body ratio) Screen Touch, 720 x 1440 pixels (~272 ppi pixel density)
Processor Type: quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
Graphics Processor: Adreno 308
Internal Storage and RAM: 32GB, 3GB RAM
Back Camera: Dual: 13MP+2MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
Front Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, LED Flash, FaceID
Other Features: GSM / HSPA / LTE, Fingerprint, FaceID, accelerometer, gyro, barometer, v4.0, A2DP
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Colors: Midnight black and Champagne Gold
Price: $163

Source: https://www.droidafrica.net/tecno-camon-i-twin-first-tecno-smartphone-with-snapdragon-cpu/

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by henry007(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
Looks like Camon X with SD425

See my Camon X Pro unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YkZjCHNNc&t=4s
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by towncheerup(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
Snapdragon 425?? grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
towncheerup:

Oh yes... Just like Infinix Hot 6 Pro, just a little camera difference.

This could launch in Nigeria as Tecno Camon CM Twin or something.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Bjornson01(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Same thoughts as me, mediocre chipset grin
towncheerup:

14 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by hardeycute(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
CRAPNO using a old snapdragon chipset to deceive the gullibles

12 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
hardeycute:
CRAPNO using a old snapdragon chipset to deceive the gullibles
You, thinking crapology!

Tecno, thinking profit!

Me, thinking opportunity!

We've been calling Tecno, Infinix and itel names for years now. But till date no one has risen up with any alternative, yet the guys at transion hold the top spot in smartphone shipment in the entirety of Africa amid Samsung and others.

But if I should think opportunity

You think competition

Tecno will think quality

It might not make sense to you, but that's the definition of business.

41 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Elxandre(m): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
OP correct yourself.

SD 425 is a quadcore processor.

I'm tired of Nigerian bloggers not even knowing what processor is present in a device they are reporting on.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
Elxandre:
OP correct yourself.

SD 425 is a quadcore processor.

Thank you so much bro...I guess SD435 was on my mind when I was writing.

By the way, don't you think the excluded was not necessary? Anyways, go see my works on DroidAfrica, you'll know that the guy working there knows more about Mobile processing than you think.

And next time, stop using one persons mistake to condemn all...I bet you, you are not a match for some Nigeria bloggers...Just a warning!!!

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Devman: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
tecno re rolling out smartphones with snapdragon processor to india
but here in nigeria giving us mtk process
ors

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by calddon(m): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2018
They should adopt pure android too like their sister brand on the note 5, their in house UI is wack
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 6:55am On Jul 25, 2018
calddon:
They should adopt pure android too like their sister brand on the note 5, their in house UI is wack
I'm sure they might, someday.
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Elxandre(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

Thank you so much bro...I guess SD435 was on my mind when I was writing.

By the way, don't you thing the excluded was not necessary? Anyways, go see my works on DroidAfrica, you'll know that the guy working there knows more about Mobile processing than you think.

And next time, stop using one persons mistake to condemn all...I bet you, you are not a match for some Nigeria bloggers...Just a warning!!!
What do you mean by "warning" ?

I stopped coming to this section because of that.
Almost all tech blogs here don't even know what chip is present in a Tecno or Infinix phone.

I don't remember competing with the so called bloggers.

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by francis247(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Snapdragon 425 in 2018, third quater for that matter - Aragagbandiara !!!
They had better stick to their beloved and much cherished MTK. Snapdragon is not meant for every OEM.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
Elxandre:

What do you mean by "warning" ?

I stopped coming to this section because of that.
Almost all tech blogs here don't even know what chip is present in a Tecno or Infinix phone.

I don't remember competing with the so called bloggers.
I understand sir... And you are right... Although I'm still building authority for DroidAfrica, and very soon, I might stop posting on Nairaland.

But that does not mean that all Tech bloggers in Nigeria blog trash. That was my emphasy

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by martinz1: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
who snap dragon epp

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by jetz(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Quadcore for 2018 mstcheeew
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Elxandre(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
talk2ekpa:

I understand sir... And you are right... Although I'm still building authority for DroidAfrica, and very soon, I might stop posting on Nairaland.

But that does not mean that all Tech bloggers in Nigeria blog trash. That was my emphasy
I didn't use all na.
Although you sef go Bleep up with the specs. grin

Good luck brother wink

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Techm8: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Random Nairalander: TECNO is using Mediatek, it’s crap! They should use snapdragon SOCs.

TECNO: Let’s use Snapdragon, looks like what consumers want. Let’s start with the SD 425.

Random Nairalander: lol SD 425? Crap!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by talk2ekpa(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Elxandre:

I didn't use all na.
Although you sef go Bleep up with the specs. grin

Good luck brother wink
Thank you bro
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by oxygenlove(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Techm8:
Random Nairalander: TECNO is using Mediatek, it’s crap! They should use snapdragon SOCs.

TECNO: Let’s use Snapdragon, looks like what consumers want. Let’s start with the SD 425.

Random Nairalander: lol SD 425? Crap!

if nt sd625 above...then is crap

10 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:52am On Jul 26, 2018
jetz:
Quadcore for 2018 mstcheeew

How many do you expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Depot(m): 6:55am On Jul 26, 2018
Belive it or not, Techno is making lifes easy. Samsung galaxy s8 for sell at a giveaway price. Its still very neat and under warranty.
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2018
Snapdragon 425? Lol
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by mrdan(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2018
I don't think this is their first phone using snapdragon.

There's a Tecno Camon chinese version(Tecno G636) that comes with a Snapdragon chip albeit not a current chip.
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by samintegrity(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by obaival(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Shebi na tecno, omo na dsame tin, i cant use any tecno products
Re: Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU by Electronzeez(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2018
Depot:
Belive it or not, Techno is making lifes easy. Samsung galaxy s8 for sell at a giveaway price. Its still very neat and under warranty.

How much?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp May Introduce ‘unsend’ Option To Save You From Embarrasment / My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! / Most Expensive Phone In The World Costs N34 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.