Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,939 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Mary Is Not The Mother Of God - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (21110 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
solite3:
check your post again. how is God thirty years old?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
solite3:
can a son exist before his mother? if the son existed before the mother it means he is not really the son of the woman.
This is so simple! Jesus is both man and God correct
Mary is the mother of Jesus correct
Mary is the mother of God incorrect
why?
the origin of Jesus humanity is from Mary but his divinity has no origin.

Micah 5:2
But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

your logic seems to be, if Mary gave birth to Jesus who is both God and man then mary is the mother of God.

to show you this reasoning is wrong!

John 8:57
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

The news followed your reasoning if Jesus was less than fifty it would have mean Abraham pre- existed christ.
yes Abraham pre-existing christ in the flesh but in Spirit as God he was existing before Abraham.

Jesus was aware of his pre-existence of Abraham.

so Jesus clearly separate his divinity from his humanity by that statement.

Jesus also challenge the Jews who called him the son of David, again separating his his heavenly sonship from his earthly sonship something the rcc would have called heresy.

hence mary is the mother of christ in the flesh not of God.
have you ever heard of a woman who gave birth to her creator before?

These are singular event in histe, never happened before and will never happen again.

That it has no comparison doesn't make it untrue.

Keep jumping in Nestorianism.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
solite3:
can a son exist before his mother?
No.
solite3:
if the son existed before the mother it means he is not really the son of the woman.
Agreed
solite3:
This is so simple! Jesus is both man and God correct
Accepted
solite3:
Mary is the mother of Jesus correct
So they say
solite3:
Mary is the mother of God incorrect
why?
Excuse me? If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the mother of God, just as she would be the mother of a doctor or lawyer if that was what Jesus was!

This thread is an example why Muslims get to laugh at Christians. It is this sort of reasoning you display that makes atheist call this fairytales! Even while typing you should have seen how silly you sound! Just listen to yourself. From the above, is it not clear enough that Jesus can not be the God, since he only came into existence after being born by his mother, Mary, while God is said to have always existed? No wonder the Jews chose to obey God's command not to worship other gods!

If Jesus is a god, Mary is logically, a mother of a god. And any woman who gives birth to a whole god should be revered even as a god in her own right! But mind, if Jesus is a god, you are worshipping a different god to God, and two gods if you worship both, and three gods if you include the Holy Spirit! The word for it is polytheism!

Now, won't "Christians Are Polytheists" be a good topic for a thread. I pray someone oblige.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by CAPSLOCKED: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
budaatum:

No.

Agreed

Accepted

So they say

Excuse me? If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the mother of God, just as she would be the mother of a doctor or lawyer if that was what Jesus was!

This thread is an example why Muslims get to laugh at Christians. It is this sort of reasoning you display that makes atheist call this fairytales! Even while typing you should have seen how silly you sound! Just listen to yourself. From the above, is it not clear enough that Jesus can not be the God, since he only came into existence after being born by his mother, Mary, while God is said to have always existed? No wonder the Jews chose to obey God's command not to worship other gods!

If Jesus is a god, Mary is logically, a mother of a god. And any woman who gives birth to a whole god should be revered even as a god in her own right! But mind, if Jesus is a god, you are worshipping a different god to God, and two gods if you worship both, and three gods if you include the Holy Spirit! The word for it is polytheism!

Now, won't "Christians Are Polytheists" be a good topic for a thread. I pray someone oblige.

I THINK YOU'VE CLOSED THIS WHOLE CHAPTER WITH THIS POST.
WHAT THESE CLOWNS PRACTICE IS POLYTHEISM AND MODERNIZED PAGANISM BUT THEY'RE TOO DENSE TO UNDERSTAND IT.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
blueAgent:
I personally regard this as the  greatest blasphemy in  Catholism to 'call Mary mother of God'
My question is How can a created woman give birth to an uncreated being, is it possible for flesh and blood to give birth to a spirit ,an eternal God that neither has a beginning or end?

It is  a fact that Mary gave birth to Jesus, the son of God but equating that to mean that she gave birth to God is pure blasphemy.
Many Catholics will argue that Jesus is God hence mary been mother of Jesus is also the mother of God. this is pure word play by Satan to decieve and confuse people.yes he is  God's son that also makes him God becos they are one John10:30,like gives birth to like, God is eternal and divine his son is also eternal and divine God is an uncreated being his son is also an uncreated being.God is a Spirit Jesus  is also a spirit john4:24.
  Mary was the mother of incarnate jesus only, that is the son of God manifested in human flesh and not the son in  his pre-incarneted form which is a spirit.
Jesus was existing even before the foundation of the World was laid  john17:24,John17:5 I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the WORLD WAS. it  was through Jesus that the entire Universe was made including Mary.hebrew1:2,Col1:16.

Jesus  re-emphasied his divinity when he rebuked the Jews who claimed he was too young to have seen Abraham(the father of Israel).
All through the bible no where was Mary called the mother of God if it was acceptable why didn't the bible call David the father of God since Jesus was also called the son of David? rather even David himself  called Jesus Lord luke11:43,matthew 22:41,    Catholics attribute too much praise and worship to Mary this is unbiblical Jesus rebuked and discouraged such idea when he was on earth  Luke8:21,Luke2:48 and Luke27:28
All this bible verses show us  that to Worship, pray or exalt Mary to godlike status was forbidden.
Even Mary called Jesus Lord, she is not part of our Salvation but herself requires the blood of Jesus to save her.

Luke 1:38 “And Mary said, “Behold, I am the
servant of the Lord; let it be to me according
to your word.” And the angel departed from
her.”

In Conclusion.
To call Mary mother of God is pure blasphemy it is a plot by Satan to protary God as a mere mortal or created being. God is a spirit an uncreated being who inhabits time & eternity he was existing before the creation of the World and Mary and will still be there when both pass away.
Their is no moral,scriptural,or logical reason to call Mary the Mother of God.
I urge Catholics to desists from this great blasphemy for God will judge every work and vain word we say.Eccl.12:14,Eccl.3:17

Thanks

Image123 shebi you haven't seen any protestants say Mary is not the mother of God smiley na one be this.

You are the one to wake up from your slumber!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
cornelboy:

Image123 shebi you haven't seen any protestants say Mary is not the mother of God smiley na one be this.

I don't understand you.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 7:10am On Mar 29, 2022
blueAgent:

I don't understand you.

Sorry bro. A guy image123 said no protestants/Pentecostal Christian denies that Mary is the mother of God like the Catholics believe.

I was given him an example that that Pentecostals deny the dogma.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 7:13am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

i don't need to be awake to the nuances and opinions of every protestant. i told you clearly that i AM A PROTESTANT and i believe that Mary was the mother of God the Son. You should be more concerned with proving your stance from the Bible as against looking for people that i did not notice. What value does your great research have on anything now?

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Just copy that post and paste it here perhaps he has forgotten what he typed! grin

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 8:40am On Mar 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just copy that post and paste it here perhaps he has forgotten what he typed! grin
That's what I wanted to do sir
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

That's what I wanted to do sir

Image123:

But this is so brazenly ignorant and foolish, you believe the Catholics only to spite Protestants. Then, after you've finished, you'll turn round to demonize the Catholics, hypocrite comedian.
In the first place, i am yet to hear or see any Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God. Or maybe i missed the teaching. Of course Mary is/was the mother of God the Son. The Virgin birth is a core doctrine in all christianity i suppose.
What Protestants would disagree with is worshipping Mary or praying to Mary or praying through Mary instead of Jesus Christ. Remove your head from inside Asleep comic book and see what is really happening around you.

So he has just discovered there are millions of protestants who don't believe that Mary is the mother of God! wink

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Sorry bro. A guy image123 said no protestants/Pentecostal Christian denies that Mary is the mother of God like the Catholics believe.

I was given him an example that that Pentecostals deny the dogma.

i said " i am yet to hear or see any Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God." Read carefully, i am not asleep comic magazine that you read in drunkenness.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So he has just discovered there are millions of protestants who don't believe that Mary is the mother of God! wink

And how does this discovery help your life again? Have you discovered that you are a hypocrite on your way to hell? Have you discovered that Jesus Christ is supposed to be your Lord and Savior? Have you discovered that you are not ready to see God? Have you discovered that there is freedom found in Jesus? Have you discovered that you are not born again and need to be born again?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
Image123:

And how does this discovery help your life again? Have you discovered that you are a hypocrite on your way to hell? Have you discovered that Jesus Christ is supposed to be your Lord and Savior? Have you discovered that you are not ready to see God? Have you discovered that there is freedom found in Jesus? Have you discovered that you are not born again and need to be born again?

The case between me and my God has nothing to do with you Sir, but now you know that when it comes to protestantism the one and only ORGANIZED group having the same line of thought is Jehovah's Witnesses! John 17:20-23
So instead of judging others based on your dogmas why not look critically at the benefits of your dogmas? Luke 11:23 wink

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The case between me and my God has nothing to do with you Sir, but now you know that when it comes to protestantism the one and only ORGANIZED group having the same line of thought is Jehovah's Witnesses! John 17:20-23
So instead of judging others based on your dogmas why not look critically at the benefits of your dogmas? Luke 11:23 wink

Why do you sell your magazine if you really think the case between people and God has nothing to do with you? Why are you so desperate on NL if people's lives are none of your business? Were you unaware that there were several different thousand denominations in protestantism before presenting your point? Are you naive enough not to know that almost all denominations and organizations have the same line of thought in their organization? Are you so blind and myopic to think that the sun only shines on your silly halls and not all over the world from East to West?
Did you see me judge or you don't know the meaning of judgment? What gives you the idea that others have dogmas while you have doctrine? What deceives you to feel you are critically benefitted and others are not? Hypocrite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
Image123:

Why do you sell your magazine if you really think the case between people and God has nothing to do with you? Why are you so desperate on NL if people's lives are none of your business? Were you unaware that there were several different thousand denominations in protestantism before presenting your point? Are you naive enough not to know that almost all denominations and organizations have the same line of thought in their organization? Are you so blind and myopic to think that the sun only shines on your silly halls and not all over the world from East to West?
Did you see me judge or you don't know the meaning of judgment? What gives you the idea that others have dogmas while you have doctrine? What deceives you to feel you are critically benefitted and others are not? Hypocrite.

Did Jesus go about telling people whose beliefs differs from his own that they're going to perish? Of course he taught his own followers that people who failed to embrace his teachings can't survive the end time but you people will just be spewing gibberish even when you're in the midst of people who don't share your thoughts! smiley

The answer to all your questions is found at John 17:20-23

Only Jehovah's Witnesses can confidently say none of our members is involved in the ongoing slaughter in Ukraine today. Revelations 6:3-4

No other religious group can confidently say that because you're all scattered spiritually speaking so that during politics and racism you will pick up weapons against your so called brethren to kill him while JWs (no matter what happens) love to save lives! Mark 12:31

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Image123:

i said " i am yet to hear or see any Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God." Read carefully, i am not asleep comic magazine that you read in drunkenness.

Learn from this thread smallie smiley
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2022
cornelboy:

Learn from this thread smallie smiley

Learn what exactly? Give me three benefits of what you are so particular that i should learn, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Did Jesus go about telling people whose beliefs differs from his own that they're going to perish? Of course he taught his own followers that people who failed to embrace his teachings can't survive the end time but you people will just be spewing gibberish even when you're in the midst of people who don't share your thoughts! smiley

The answer to all your questions is found at John 17:20-23

Only Jehovah's Witnesses can confidently say none of our members is involved in the ongoing slaughter in Ukraine today. Revelations 6:3-4

No other religious group can confidently say that because you're all scattered spiritually speaking so that during politics and racism you will pick up weapons against your so called brethren to kill him while JWs (no matter what happens) love to save lives! Mark 12:31

Hypocrite, you and your cult are the first to condemn every single denomination apart from yours. It is your core belief that only people in your cult are going to be in paradise, yes or no? i have not seen any other denomination that teaches or believes that only their denomination is going to Heaven. Unfortunately, some do act that way but they don't really teach or believe that. But Jwickedness, you act it, teach it and believe it and you are here playing ostrich? You are on your way to hell if you do not repent, i have told you that several times and i repeat it. This is clearly because you are an hypocrite, a liar, a drunkard and an immoral person.
This thread had nothing to do with your Ukraine obsession, sin did not start in February. If you are so deluded to think that you are a child of God because of Ukraine, it further justifies that your brain has being arrested and kept under lock and key in the sad hall. There are chiefest of sinners and devilish acts perpetrated farrrr before Ukraine and Russia and asides them. Stay focused and bring your head out of poo worship of your cult.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2022
Image123:

Learn what exactly?

Learn that when Jesus said:
"I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one". John 17:22

It's not just an assumption, Jesus truly meant what he said that a religious group will emerge having the same line thought {1Corinthians 1:10} so that the peaceful reign Jesus who is the Prince of Peace is coming to enforce would have been noticed in the gathering of the friends of PEACE! Isaiah 2:2-4

Therefore instead of assuming you have the same believe with people around you make sure you're not deceiving yourself as you did with the idea of Mary being the mother of God! smiley

Image123:

Give me three benefits of what you are so particular that i should learn, thanks.

Even though we're all imperfect humans prone to committing serious blunders {1John 1:8} yet God's Holy Spirit has made it possible for humble and obedient people to form a global family of peace loving worshipers in the name of our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus! Act 1:8

So the benefits!
[1] In the midst of true believers there's no discrimination whoever has accepted the same teaching we embraced has become our brother no matter where he comes from! Matthew 12:46-50
[2] If we travel outside the country where we live all we need to do wherever we go is ask for the friends of PEACE (JWs) like us and there is our home! Luke 10:6-7
[3] When there is agitation among politicians a Jehovah's Witness is safe with his/her brothers and sisters because we're no part of the world that's tumultuous due to politics! John 17:14 compare Revelations 6:3-4
May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Image123(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Learn that when Jesus said:
"I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one". John 17:22

It's not just an assumption, Jesus truly meant what he said that a religious group will emerge having the same line thought {1Corinthians 1:10} so that the peaceful reign Jesus who is the Prince of Peace is coming to enforce would have been noticed in the gathering of the friends of PEACE! Isaiah 2:2-4

Therefore instead of assuming you have the same believe with people around you make sure you're not deceiving yourself as you did with the idea of Mary being the mother of God! smiley

Even though we're all imperfect humans prone to committing serious blunders {1John 1:8} yet God's Holy Spirit has made it possible for humble and obedient people to form a global family of peace loving worshipers in the name of our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus! Act 1:8

So the benefits!
[1] In the midst of true believers there's no discrimination whoever has accepted the same teaching we embraced has become our brother no matter where he comes from! Matthew 12:46-50
[2] If we travel outside the country where we live all we need to do wherever we go is ask for the friends of PEACE (JWs) like us and there is our home! Luke 10:6-7
[3] When there is agitation among politicians a Jehovah's Witness is safe with his/her brothers and sisters because we're no part of the world that's tumultuous due to politics! John 17:14 compare Revelations 6:3-4
May you have PEACE! smiley

cheesy cheesy cheesy You came to defend your colleague, i guess he was embarrassing the whole organization of Jwickedness. In context, he actually wanted me to learn that some Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God. i will be back to address your hallucinations. i have other better things to do.

Let me just address them at once, there is no need to waste further precious time. Remove your head from deep poo and see the fact that all you have said applies to EVERY denomination including even other religions. Get some exposure or at least travel and mingle with others. Even people from the same village or local government do these things you think is only done by your cult. Ask even all these confraternities in Higher institutions(oh sorry, you don't go, my bad). They are "family" all over the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Image123:

Hypocrite, you and your cult are the first to condemn every single denomination apart from yours. It is your core belief that only people in your cult are going to be in paradise, yes or no?
YES! Jesus taught us that he is the way the truth and the life no one comes to his father except through him {John 14:6} so if you're wise you supposed to find out which of all the groups claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines is practicing what Jesus really taught because it's not just by calling him "Lord! Lord!" but only those doing his father's will! Matthew 7:21-23
Image123:

i have not seen any other denomination that teaches or believes that only their denomination is going to Heaven. Unfortunately, some do act that way but they don't really teach or believe that.
It's so unfortunate that you haven't heed the words of our Lord Jesus Christ when he said:
"By their FRUITS you will know them" {Matthew 7:16-18} it's out of the abundance of what their leaders infused in their brains that they're acting upon {Luke 6:45} remember action speaks louder than words! smiley

Image123:

But Jwickedness, you act it, teach it and believe it and you are here playing ostrich? You are on your way to hell if you do not repent, i have told you that several times and i repeat it. This is clearly because you are an hypocrite, a liar, a drunkard and an immoral person.
Well Jesus supposed to be the one you're accusing here because he taught us to be as cautious as serpent and harmless as dove {Matthew 10:16} so no JW will come preaching to you that you're doomed rather we will show you all the benefits of God's kingdom in the scriptures and if you want to be part of the beneficiaries we will teach you what Jesus has commanded that we must do. It's you yourself that will judge yourself by turning away from all the good things you've heard from us and start expecting us to change what our Master Lord and King Christ Jesus commanded.
So don't think we hate you for keeping our feet on the narrow road to life because we are 100% sure that all those on the broad road are matching towards their destruction! Matthew 7:13-14
Image123:

This thread had nothing to do with your Ukraine obsession, sin did not start in February. If you are so deluded to think that you are a child of God because of Ukraine, it further justifies that your brain has being arrested and kept under lock and key in the sad hall. There are chiefest of sinners and devilish acts perpetrated farrrr before Ukraine and Russia and asides them. Stay focused and bring your head out of poo worship of your cult.
This bitterness in you doesn't change anything we are only presenting undeniable evidence of pure worship to everyone so it's left to you either to rejoice with the truth {1Corinthians 13:6} or hate us for no just course! Matthew 10:22-25 smiley

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:53am On Mar 30, 2022
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy You came to defend your colleague, i guess he was embarrassing the whole organization of Jwickedness. In context, he actually wanted me to learn that some Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God. i will be back to address your hallucinations. i have other better things to do.
When you ask us a question don't forget that our Master, Lord and King Christ Jesus sends us out two by two {Luke 10:1} so when one is with you the other is also very much with you and our Lord is backing us with God's Holy Spirit anywhere we are interrogated based on our faith! Matthew 18:20 compare to Luke 12:12
Image123:

Let me just address them at once, there is no need to waste further precious time. Remove your head from deep poo and see the fact that all you have said applies to EVERY denomination including even other religions. Get some exposure or at least travel and mingle with others. Even people from the same village or local government do these things you think is only done by your cult. Ask even all these confraternities in Higher institutions(oh sorry, you don't go, my bad). They are "family" all over the world.

Good!
So how come your brethren from Russia are going to kill your brethren in Ukraine? cheesy

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by cornelboy(f): 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Image123:

Learn what exactly? Give me three benefits of what you are so particular that i should learn, thanks.
Wake up from your sleep and see what's going on around you.

In the first place, i am yet to hear or see any Protestant teach that Mary is not the mother of God

Have you seen one recently?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.