Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Mary Is Not The Mother Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (21151 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
frbona:
Fact: mary is mother of God the son
Not God the father.
Enough with the word play
it is still the same thing, mother of God the son, mother of God incarnate, mother of God.

Nobody called her mother of God the father that is heresy, God the father wasn't incarnate.

The least you can do is check out the meaning of the term before you begin your criticism.

4 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MosesAlex: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Is your mother the same as your God? Even though she gave birth to you ?

That Mary is the mother of Jesus does not make her greater than him?

John 1:1 Says "the Word was God"
John 1:14 Says "the Word was made flesh"
1 John 4:2 Mary is his Mother. She is the Mother of God simple.
If you say she is not the mother of God then, you are saying that Jesus is not God.

Just as I started, that mother gave birth to you does not make her your God.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by doyinbaby(f): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
blueAgent:

The funny thing is all through the Bible Jesus never called Mary Mother rather he used the expression Woman to address Mary .exaltation of Mary to celebrity & godlike status was invented by your Church it is not scriptural.
gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2018
blueAgent:

Why not you and your Church stick to calling Mary mother of Jesus alone, if that is even relevant?
that is pretty simple, we call her mother of Jesus because that is who she is, we also call her mother of our savior because that is who she is, we call her mother of our Lord and God because that is who she is but we actually particularly use the later title because it is an implicit declaration that we believe in the divinity of Jesus, it means clearly that I believe Jesus is God.

Lastly you ask about the relevance, I suggest you Read up on the nestorian heresy AKA Nestorianism, that particular phrase means the church believes in the hypostatic union, the true identity of Jesus.... Those who deny is are the nestorians who divide the nature of Christ.

4 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MosesAlex: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
doyinbaby:
gbam

Now if really want to know the why He used "Woman".
Woman represents her role. if you have a mother who is a warrior! You may chose to call her by more exalted title "Warrior"

Genesis 2:23 Adam called Eve Woman. (The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man). Jesus even has same reason to call Mary so, because His biological make up (flesh&bones) was from her alone (unlike those who have a biological father and mother. Jesus only had a biological mother ).

Genesis 3:15 prophesied about another Woman

Rev 12: 1 talks about the Woman clothed in the Sun.

When Jesus calls her Woman, He is referring to her office.

If my brother is a soldier, I may chose to call him Soldier. It is his mission, it would spur him, that is who he is .

Woman is an exalted title.

Let it be far from you to think Jesus was disrespectful. You know it was God who gave the fourth commandment. Trust me no one fulfilled that law more than Jesus. "Honour your Father and Mother".

6 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]

None of them on the issue are kids

Are you minding blueAgent splitting hairs
He just wanted to take a jab at Catholics

PS: Ubenedictus, its MuttleyLaff by the way and not Mutteylaff, there are two ls and not one l, in the moniker
taking a jab at Catholics can be a good past time but at least one shouldn't do it until after fully considering the issue.

Your username is pretty confusing, I'll try and correct myself
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by doyinbaby(f): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
MosesAlex:

Now if really want to know the why He used "Woman".
Woman represents her role. if you have a mother who is a warrior! You may chose to call her by more exalted title "Warrior"

Genesis 2:23 Adam called Eve Woman. (The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man). Jesus even has same reason to call Mary so, because atleast His biological make up was from her alone (unlike those who have a biological father and mother. Jesus only had a biological mother ).

Genesis 3:15 prophesied about another Woman

Rev 12: 1 talks about the Woman clothed in the Sun.

When Jesus calls her Woman, He is referring to her office.

If my brother is a soldier, I may chose to call him Soldier. It is his mission, it would spur him, that is who he is .

Woman is an exalted title.

Let it be far from you to think Jesus was disrespectful. You know it was God who gave the fourth commandment. Trust me no one fulfilled that law more than Jesus. "Honour your Father and Mother".

when in the Bible is making graven image of Mary recommend,justified or commanded.......... catholic church keep leading millions to bow to graven image of Mary..... it is wrong and will always be wrong
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
blueAgent:

I rather go to hell for my personal wrong idea than going to Hell becos i leased out my brain to some fake popes and fathers to do the thinking for me.

You Catholic members are sheepie.
yet thus far you are the person who seems to have leased your mind to anti Catholic bias

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
doyinbaby:
when in the Bible is making graven image of Mary recommend,justified or commanded.......... catholic church keep leading millions to bow to graven image of Mary..... it is wrong and will always be wrong
here comes the usual Protestant unable to hold a simple discussion so has to jump from topic to topic.

You just can't stick to the topic of your thread
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by doyinbaby(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:
here comes the usual Protestant unable to hold a simple discussion so has to jump from topic to topic.

You just can't stick to the topic of your thread
all I know is the scales are fall of some Catholics.....you will see that some not bow to those images again..... people are getting enlightened as we keep hammering that it is a sin before God to bow to graven image
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ubenedictus, pls consider this. The apostle in all their letters inspired by the Holy Ghost never made mentioned of any devotion to Mary.

Mary was just a vessel through which God used to accomplish his will. Mary role ended after she gave birth to Jesus.

Friend think about it.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Ubenedictus, pls consider this. The apostle in all their letters inspired by the Holy Ghost never made mentioned of any devotion to Mary.

Mary was just a vessel through which God used to accomplish his will. Mary role ended after she gave birth to Jesus.

Friend think about it.
my dear I am willing to consider these issues with you, to address your misconceptions and clarify ambiguities but sadly that is not the topic of THIS thread... I am most happy to discuss the role of Mary

but the issue before me today is about the use of the phrase mother of God which I have consistently held to be right and doctrinally correct.

It is this topic that we are discussing today and it is offensive to me whenever people attempt to divert the discussion we are having instead of creating a new thread.

Bloodofthelamb I ask you this, did Mary give birth to her God, her Lord, her creator, or not?

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
Mary was never called mother of God in the bible it was all concocted by the Roman Catholic cult.
Jesus never called Mary mother, he only called those who listen to listens to him his mother and brethren.
Mark 3:31
There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

Mark 3:32
And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

Mark 3:33
And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

Mark 3:34
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

Mark 3:35
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

with this verses Jesus shewed that he does not place special importance on his mother or brothers .

the term mother of God is wrong.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
yet thus far you are the person who seems to have leased your mind to anti Catholic bias

On what is your Church doctrine based on?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that is pretty simple, we call her mother of Jesus because that is who she is, we also call her mother of our savior because that is who she is, we call her mother of our Lord and God because that is who she is but we actually particularly use the later title because it is an implicit declaration that we believe in the divinity of Jesus, it means clearly that I believe Jesus is God.

Lastly you ask about the relevance, I suggest you Read up on the nestorian heresy AKA Nestorianism, that particular phrase means the church believes in the hypostatic union, the true identity of Jesus.... Those who deny is are the nestorians who divide the nature of Christ.

Same false reference, show me Bible verses not worthless books written by men without evil motives.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I was born into a Catholic family on my paternal side but i broke off from there brainwashing becos i saw the errors and i have the capacity to think for myself not you.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by doyinbaby(f): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
blueAgent:

I was born into a Catholic family on my paternal side but i broke off from there brainwashing becos i saw the errors and i have the capacity to think for myself not you.
I told a friend about some wrong doctrines around Mary.....he got angry......... please how can one get his catholic friends to accept the truth of God's word.....
Why is convincing catholics so difficult ....... this my friend Na charismatic o him sabi bible
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
frbona:
what does Luke27:28 say in your bible cause I can't find it in mine
Missing in mine too! And I do hate my Bible being incomplete !

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by CAPSLOCKED: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
Gracelilian:
You're sick

AND YOU DISCOVERED THIS BY READING HIS ANALYSIS STILL WITH THE BLINDFOLD OVER YOUR FACE?

doyinbaby:
I told a friend about some wrong doctrines around Mary.....he got angry......... please how can one get his catholic friends to accept the truth of God's word.....
Why is convincing catholics so difficult ....

SAME REASON CONVINCING YOU YOUR GODS ARE IMAGINARY IS DIFFICULT. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that is pretty simple, we call her mother of Jesus because that is who she is, we also call her mother of our savior because that is who she is, we call her mother of our Lord and God because that is who she is but we actually particularly use the later title because it is an implicit declaration that we believe in the divinity of Jesus, it means clearly that I believe Jesus is God..
If Jesus is the God, as some claim, born of the Virgin Mary, "full of Grace", then by implication, Mary is God's mother!

The error however, is in defying Jesus, a fault that is general to Christianity. They have created a god in their own image while not acknowledging the commandment not to and have spent the past 2000 years trying to justify their error and make it fit the texts.

Ubenedictus:
Bloodofthelamb I ask you this, did Mary give birth to her God, her Lord, her creator, or not?
He probably has to say yes, being that he is a Christian, but the answer is no!

Mary gave birth to her son, Jesus! A mother cannot give birth to her creator, and mothers don't normally worship their sons!
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by frbona: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
budaatum:

Missing in mine too! And I do hate my Bible being incomplete !
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
doyinbaby:
all I know is the scales are fall of some Catholics.....you will see that some not bow to those images again..... people are getting enlightened as we keep hammering that it is a sin before God to bow to graven image
at the same time many Protestants are seeing that Protestantism isn't interpreting the Bible rightly and are becoming Catholics.

4 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
solite3:
Mary was never called mother of God in the bible it was all concocted by the Roman Catholic cult.
Jesus never called Mary mother, he only called those who listen to listens to him his mother and brethren.
Mark 3:31
There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

Mark 3:32
And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

Mark 3:33
And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

Mark 3:34
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

Mark 3:35
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

with this verses Jesus shewed that he does not place special importance on his mother or brothers .

the term mother of God is wrong.

I can't still find the passage that says the term mother of God is wrong

4 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
blueAgent:

On what is your Church doctrine based on?

1. scriptures
2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2. apostolic traditions.

2 thess 2:15

New International Version So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
doyinbaby:
Why is convincing catholics so difficult ....... this my friend Na charismatic o him sabi bible
or maybe you assumed that his doctrines are wrong and confronted him....

instead of asking him to explain them and there source.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
blueAgent:

Same false reference, show me Bible verses not worthless books written by men without evil motives.
I didn't show you any books written by men, please don't accuse me of what I haven't done.

Jesus is God John 1:1
some one gave birth to him Luke 2

that person gave birth to God.

the fact that you disagree doesn't make is untrue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
blueAgent:

your maternal side nkor?

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MosesAlex: 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
doyinbaby:

My dear, you left what was addressed. Which is why Jesus called Mary "Woman" and jumped to another topic. Well I would touch the new topic you brought up images. (I hope you would stick to it).

On images
To understand the our use of images try and consider the Ark of the Covenant vs the Golden Calf, the Ark of the Covenant Vs Dagon (1 Samuel 5:2 )

Joshua 7:6
Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the LORD, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads.

Question: Was Joshua worshiping the Ark?

1King 7:36

He engraved cherubim, lions and palm trees on the surfaces of the supports and on the panels, in every available space, with wreaths all around.
Question: Where these not in God's Temple as put in place by Solomon?

On Bowing 1 Samuel 20:41
After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground.

Question: Was David worshiping Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by frbona: 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
MosesAlex:

My dear, you left what was addressed. Which is why Jesus called Mary "Woman" and jumped to another topic. Well I would touch the new topic you brought up images. (I hope you would stick to it).

On images
To understand the our use of images try and consider the Ark of the Covenant vs the Golden Calf, the Ark of the Covenant Vs Dagon (1 Samuel 5:2 )

Joshua 7:6
Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the LORD, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads.

Question: Was Joshua worshiping the Ark?

1King 7:36

He engraved cherubim, lions and palm trees on the surfaces of the supports and on the panels, in every available space, with wreaths all around.
Question: Where these not in God's Temple as put in place by Solomon?

On Bowing 1 Samuel 20:41
After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground.

Question: Was David worshiping Jonathan?
you've made no point

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:

1. scriptures

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for
teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in
righteousness, so that the servant of God may be
thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2. apostolic traditions.

2 thess 2:15

New International Version
So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold
fast to the teachings we passed on to you,
whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Be true to yourself. What Catholics are observing now are they the teachings of the apostles? Because they did no devotion to Mary.

Their devotion was to God the Father and Jesus Christ through the Holy Ghost. If you find any of their teaching on Mary, please show me. I will like to read.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I can't still find the passage that says the term mother of God is wrong

you can't see it cause the god of this world has blinded you.
2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MosesAlex: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
frbona:
you've made no point
I am simply saying that the ark of the convenant had the image of cherubims on it but the ark was an instrument of God's power.

The Israelites were not worshiping the Ark when they prostrated towards it.

The temple of old had images in them.

My response is towards the lady's comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Prophet Uebert Angel Of Zimbabwe Attacks Prophet TB Joshua During Prophecy / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.