Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Mary Is Not The Mother Of God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is Not The Mother Of God (21159 Views)

Catholic Are 100% Right By Saying Mary Is The Mother Of GOD! / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
blueAgent:
You are looking for excuse where there is none.
You are trying hard hiding from facing and anwering those questions.

blueAgent:
I posted a dialogue on the issue Jesus being God or not and the answer is obvious.
Jesus is the son of God and not God himself.
Is your word that you've been typing here yafunyafun on this forum, you or not you?
Is your typed word(s) on this page blueAgent or not blueAgent?

blueAgent:
Isaiah 55:11 In that verse, God was the one speaking not Jesus stop pulling verses out context
My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow.
It will not come back to me without results.
It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."

- Isaiah 55:11

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made."

- John 1:1-3

1/ What was Jesus, before Jesus appeared on earth as Jesus?
2/ Did God incarnate Himself in man, appearing as Jesus or He did not?
3/ Who do you think is the Word in John 1:1-3?

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
blueAgent:
I personally regard this as the  greatest blasphemy in  Catholism to 'call Mary mother of God'
My question is How can a created woman give birth to an uncreated being, is it possible for flesh and blood to give birth to a spirit ,an eternal God that neither has a beginning or end?

It is  a fact that Mary gave birth to Jesus, the son of God but equating that to mean that she gave birth to God is pure blasphemy.
Many Catholics will argue that Jesus is God hence mary been mother of Jesus is also the mother of God. this is pure word play by Satan to decieve and confuse people.yes he is  God's son that also makes him God becos they are one John10:30,like gives birth to like, God is eternal and divine his son is also eternal and divine God is an uncreated being his son is also an uncreated being.God is a Spirit Jesus  is also a spirit john4:24.
  Mary was the mother of incarnate jesus only, that is the son of God manifested in human flesh and not the son in  his pre-incarneted form which is a spirit.
Jesus was existing even before the foundation of the World was laid  john17:24,John17:5 I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the WORLD WAS. it  was through Jesus that the entire Universe was made including Mary.hebrew1:2,Col1:16.

Jesus  re-emphasied his divinity when he rebuked the Jews who claimed he was too young to have seen Abraham(the father of Israel).
All through the bible no where was Mary called the mother of God if it was acceptable why didn't the bible call David the father of God since Jesus was also called the son of David? rather even David himself  called Jesus Lord luke11:43,matthew 22:41,    Catholics attribute too much praise and worship to Mary this is unbiblical Jesus rebuked and discouraged such idea when he was on earth  Luke8:21,Luke2:48 and Luke27:28
All this bible verses show us  that to Worship, pray or exalt Mary to godlike status was forbidden.
Even Mary called Jesus Lord, she is not part of our Salvation but herself requires the blood of Jesus to save her.

Luke 1:38 “And Mary said, “Behold, I am the
servant of the Lord; let it be to me according
to your word.” And the angel departed from
her.”

In Conclusion.
To call Mary mother of God is pure blasphemy it is a plot by Satan to protary God as a mere mortal or created being. God is a spirit an uncreated being who inhabits time & eternity he was existing before the creation of the World and Mary and will still be there when both pass away.
Their is no moral,scriptural,or logical reason to call Mary the Mother of God.
I urge Catholics to desists from this great blasphemy for God will judge every work and vain word we say.Eccl.12:14,Eccl.3:17

Thanks

Mary is a woman from Israel who was living with a man she wasnt married to, His name is Joseph n he was a carpenter.

She later got pregnant out of wedlock while living in a man's house and gave birth to Jesus.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Mary is a woman from Israel who was living with a man she wasnt married to, His name is Joseph n he was a carpenter.

She later got pregnant out of wedlock while living in a man's house and gave birth to Jesus.

You are Sick.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Is your word that you've been typing here yafunyafun on this forum, you or not you?

"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made."

You are trying hard to twist bible verses.
the truth remains that Jesus is the son of God

John 5:19
Verse Concepts
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to
them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

Luke 1:35 — And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the "SON OF GOD"

even the angel that brought the message to Mary told her and us that the child will be called the Son of God not God.

simple english.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 22, 2018
blueAgent:

You are Sick.
Point out any falsehood in what I said...
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 3:43am On Aug 22, 2018
blueAgent:
You are trying hard to twist bible verses
You are willingly trying not to be clued-up on this matter

blueAgent:
the truth remains that Jesus is the son of God

John 5:19
Verse Concepts
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to
them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself,
unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.
"The Rider wore a robe that was covered with blood,
and He was known as "The Word of God."
"
- Revelation 19:13

1/ What was Jesus, the son of God, before Jesus, the son of God, appeared on earth as Jesus, the son of God?
2/ Did God incarnate Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, the son of God or He did not?
3/ Who do you think, is the Word, in John 1:1-3?
4/ Furthermore, who is the "The Word of God'' stated in that Revelation 19:13, put up above?

blueAgent:
Luke 1:35 — And the angel answered and said to her,
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;
therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the "SON OF GOD"

even the angel that brought the message to Mary told her and us that the child will be called the Son of God not God
Are you pretending you dont know that Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 said:
"The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (i.e. which means 'God is with us')."

Look up Isaiah 8:8 and Isaiah 8:10, blueAgent, to see who Immanuel is

Immanuel (i.e. "God is with u'') is simply saying "God living among us"
God, incarnated Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, to physically live amongst us

blueAgent, the child is God,
the angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us that the child will be called Immanuel (i.e. "God is with us'')
which simply means "God living among us"

The same angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us,
that the child will be called the Son of God to convey the understanding
that the child is God, appeared on earth without the intervention of a human father.
No earthly father was involved with the birth of Jesus,
and since no human father took part in the conception, then the child who is God, rightly is called, the Son of God

When all's said and done, it is by the power of God.
God did not come to earth from a human impulse or from a husband's desire to have a child
so we have the child, Jesus, called Son of God, on the strength of being born from God.

blueAgent:
simple english.
"In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word, was God.
"
- John 1:2

"And the Word, was made flesh,
and dwelt among us,
(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth."

- John 1:14

This has nothing to do with "simple english"
but has a lot to do with not having the cognizance & realisation
that God can achieve and do absolutely any right thing, without any limit or condition.

You have a dim view of God's omnipotence.
You are making out that, God is not capable of incarnating Himself,
and that God lacks the ability to use Jesus, to represent Himself on earth, in human form

John 1:2 and John 1:14 above are both useful and informative

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You are willingly trying not to be clued-up on this matter

"The Rider wore a robe that was covered with blood,
and He was known as "The Word of God."
"
- Revelation 19:13

1/ What was Jesus, the son of God, before Jesus, the son of God, appeared on earth as Jesus, the son of God?
2/ Did God incarnate Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, the son of God or He did not?
3/ Who do you think, is the Word, in John 1:1-3?
4/ Furthermore, who is the "The Word of God'' stated in that Revelation 19:13, put up above?

Are you pretending you dont know that Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 said:
"The virgin will conceive a child!
She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (i.e. which means 'God is with us')."

Look up Isaiah 8:8 and Isaiah 8:10, blueAgent, to see who Immanuel is

Immanuel (i.e. "God is with u'') is simply saying "God living among us"
God, incarnated Himself in man, appearing as Jesus, to physically live amongst us

blueAgent, the child is God,
the angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us that the child will be called Immanuel (i.e. "God is with us'')
which simply means "God living among us"

The same angel that brought the message to Mary, told her and us,
that the child will be called the Son of God to convey the understanding
that the child is God, appeared on earth without the intervention of a human father.
No earthly father was involved with the birth of Jesus,
and since no human father took part in the conception, then the child who is God, rightly is called, the Son of God

When all's said and done, it is by the power of God.
God did not come to earth from a human impulse or from a husband's desire to have a child
so we have the child, Jesus, called Son of God, on the strength of being born from God.

"

and dwelt among us,

This has nothing to do with "simple english"
but has a lot to do with not having the cognizance & realisation
that God can achieve and do absolutely any right thing, without any limit or condition.

You have a dim view of God's omnipotence.
You are making out that, God is not capable of incarnating Himself,
and that God lacks the ability to use Jesus, to represent Himself on earth, in human form

John 1:2 and John 1:14 above are both useful and informative

Total crap.

So whose voice did People hear during Jesus baptism on Earth?

"This is my beloved son in him i am well pleased"

I guess it was your voice.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Point out any falsehood in what I said...
Mary never had any sexual intercouse with Jospeh before Jesus was born.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
blueAgent:

Mary never had any sexual intercouse with Jospeh before Jesus was born.

How did u know? Were u her cousin?
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
blueAgent:
Total crap.
You would say it's total crap, wont you

blueAgent:
So whose voice did People hear during Jesus baptism on Earth?

"This is my beloved son in him i am well pleased"
"

and dwelt among us,

It is God's voice the people heard.
God, by now had already become a Father,
and that's why people heard God talking about "...my beloved Son...."

blueAgent:
I guess it was your voice.
Stick to the matter at hand discussed.

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 7:27am On Aug 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You would say it's total crap, wont you

"

and dwelt among us,

It is God's voice the people heard.
God, by now had already become a Father,
and that's why people heard God talking about "...my beloved Son...."

Stick to the matter at hand discussed.

You ignore several Bible verses that shows Jesus as the son of God while confusing yourself with one Bible verse.

This same Bible verse exposes your ingnorance

]In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, [b]and the Word, was God John 1:2.
The word is Jesus and it was with God. show two different personality
The word was God showing that they are united in purpose and nature not in person

Now let me ask you when a man marries a woman the both become one,does it mean they no longer exist as different persons?
The word one does not mean Jesus is God, but God's son automatically means he is also God but not in personality like his father.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2018
blueAgent:
You ignore several Bible verses that shows Jesus as the son of God while confusing yourself with one Bible verse.

This same Bible verse exposes your ingnorance

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word, was God John 1:2.
The word is Jesus and it was with God. show two different personality
The word was God showing that they are united in purpose and nature not in person

Now let me ask you when a man marries a woman the both become one, does it mean they no longer exist as different persons?
The word one does not mean Jesus is God, but God's son automatically means he is also God but not in personality like his father.
You're more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles

Where did the woman come from?
Did the woman not come from man?

You are right God existed on earth as Jesus
God the Father and Jesus, are one in person and one in agreement

Unlike what you want to believe, Jesus actually is in personality like His Father
Jesus even explained, saying
"I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing.
Whatever the Father does, the Son also does
."

If that isnt in personality like His Father, I dont know what would be
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Is it impossible for God, the Father, to be Jesus?
Hmm blueAgent?

If you can provide where Jesus Himself explicitly said He isnt the Father
Don't be absurd! If the discussion was that Jesus was a woman, would you also ask one to provide "where Jesus Himself explicitly said He isn't a woman" before you can accept it? Can't you just pull down his trousers and see that he isn't just as people are doing on here?

(I can't believe this has to be said, again!) A son is not it's own father, except in humpty dumpy world!
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 10:58am On Aug 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

If that isnt in personality like His Father, I dont know what would be.
Yep! Humpty dumpy world. Where "like his father" means they are one single person. If there were a census at the time they wouldn't bother counting 2, in your world.

It's a good thing those people weren't known for having identical twins! That sure would have hit the tax revenue of their leaders.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2018
budaatum:
Don't be absurd! If the discussion was that Jesus was a woman, would you also ask one to provide "where Jesus Himself explicitly said He isn't a woman" before you can accept it?
Can't you just pull down his trousers and see that he isn't just as people are doing on here?

(I can't believe this has to be said, again!)
A son is not it's own father, except in humpty dumpy world!
Bud you are doing "jawando" without really knowing why I asked the question.

The chap claimed Jesus Himself said He wasn't the Father, so, that made me, as one will do, to ask him to show where and/or when Jesus explicitly said He wasn't the Father, as he claimed Jesus did.

God is able to be His Son.
God is capable of being His Son.
I doubt blueAgent disagrees to those.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
budaatum:
Yep! Humpty dumpy world. Where "like his father" means they are one single person. If there were a census at the time they wouldn't bother counting 2, in your world.

It's a good thing those people weren't known for having identical twins! That sure would have hit the tax revenue of their leaders.
God, is God the Father, in Heaven, at just the same moment, God is Jesus, when He had His only begotten Son.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
God, is God the Father, in Heaven, at just the same moment, God is Jesus, when He had His only begotten Son.
And they both talk to one another, or themself, since they are the same person, right.

If someone told you this, I'm sure you'd say they had loose bolts in their 'heads'.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2018
budaatum:
And they both talk to one another, or themself, since they are the same person, right.

If someone told you this, I'm sure you'd say they had loose bolts in their 'heads'.
SMH. Tut tut tut tut tut.

Nah I know better and thats why I wouldn't say so.

Don't tell me that, when it matters, you dont talk to yourself.
Dont tell me that, you haven't and never have resigned to talking to yourself.

Possibly to psych yourself up,
maybe to ginger yourself up,
maybe to big yourself up,
maybe to lift up your spirit-man,
maybe to build up your confidence,
maybe to tell yourself off in trying to stop yourself from being silly,
maybe to etcetera
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You're more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles

Where did the woman come from?
Did the woman not come from man?

You are right God existed on earth as Jesus
God the Father and Jesus, are one in person and one in agreement

Unlike what you want to believe, Jesus actually is in personality like His Father
Jesus even explained, saying
"I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing.
Whatever the Father does, the Son also does
."

If that isnt in personality like His Father, I dont know what would be

Keep FOOLING yourselves.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. Tut tut tut tut tut.

Nah I know better and thats why I wouldn't say so.

Don't tell me that, when it matters, you dont talk to yourself.
Dont tell me that, you haven't and never have resigned to talking to yourself.

Possibly to psych yourself up,
maybe to ginger yourself up,
maybe to big yourself up,
maybe to lift up your spirit-man,
maybe to build up your confidence,
maybe to tell yourself off in trying to stop yourself from being silly,
maybe to etcetera
I do talk to myself. Just the other day, I was talking to a friend of mine who has cancer and felt down, and said the following:

"However bad life seems, there's unfortunately always another spanner waiting to mess things up some more. It's why there's two of me, the me the spanner hits and another who gets to laugh at the pain the me feels. So learn to laugh, and be of good cheer."

And if that's the idea being conveyed with the Trinity, it could make sense. And I can't wait till that's how this is being discussed, as in a thread titled, "In what way can 'Jesus' and 'God' be one". But that would have to be preceeded by a "What is 'God'" thread and a "What is 'Jesus'" thread, and going by our current level of discussions - stuck in the Father and Son concept of 1600 years ago, and rather fundamentally at that despite the numerous verses indicating two separate entities - I can't say we've evolved to that level yet. Which is why I'm delighted with these sort of threads to be honest. In it is the Work of God, the search for understanding, being done.

Jung went on to discover a Quarternity, so we are lagging behind current understandings. But we are evolving, and would one day get there.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Acidosis:
God is Trinity, so Mary is the earthly mother of God the Son. Remember that an angel of God appeared to Mary before she conceived, so it is just illogical to assume Mary is the mother of the same God that sent her an angel.

The other components of the Trinity are God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, both of which existed before the creation of man.

That being said, the Bible is so diverse to the extent that any individual or group of individuals can always use the Bible to justify any ideology.

Some believe in the Ministry of Mary
Some in the Ministry of Angels
Some in the Ministry of Jesus Christ
Some in the Ministry of the Holy Spirit
Others believe in some or all the Ministries but for some reasons choose to favour one or some above others; some decided to relegate one or two based on their own understanding of the Bible and, according to them, inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

Whatever it is you believe, the truth would soon be unfolded. Fact however remains that we all cannot be right, God is not a man that He should lie or contradict Himself.
nobody has said that Mary gave birth to God the father and the Holy spirit, the term mother of God means that Mary gave birth to Jesus who is God.

as you have said of Mary "so Mary is the earthly mother of God the Son", God the son is God, Mary gave birth to him when he took flesh on earth.

so we are in agreement

1 Like

Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
budaatum:
I do talk to myself. Just the other day, I was talking to a friend of mine who has cancer and felt down, and said the following:

"However bad life seems, there's unfortunately always another spanner waiting to mess things up some more.
It's why there's two of me, the me the spanner hits and another who gets to laugh at the pain the me feels.
So learn to laugh, and be of good cheer."

And if that's the idea being conveyed with the Trinity, it could make sense.
And I can't wait till that's how this is being discussed, as in a thread titled, "In what way can 'Jesus' and 'God' be one".
But that would have to be preceeded by a "What is 'God'" thread and a "What is 'Jesus'" thread,
and going by our current level of discussions - stuck in the Father and Son concept of 1600 years ago,
and rather fundamentally at that despite the numerous verses indicating two separate entities
- I can't say we've evolved to that level yet.
Which is why I'm delighted with these sort of threads to be honest.
In it is the Work of God, the search for understanding, being done.

Jung went on to discover a Quarternity, so we are lagging behind current understandings.
But we are evolving, and would one day get there.
That is the spirit, as no one promised you, me or anyone else for that matter, a hitch free life
If you cant pick up the spanner to use to your advantage or to fling off, if unable
then learn to laugh, and be of good cheer

Whilst Jung went on to discover a Quarternity, I, besides settling to God is ∞-persons, as in, infinite or infinity,
have discovered that, I saw you, just now, in your brown tweed chequered jacket wink
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I saw you, just now, in your brown tweed chequered jacket wink
No you never! I haven't worn my "brown tweed chequered jacket" in ages. Must have been the fourth me that you saw.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2018
Ubenedictus:
nobody has said that Mary gave birth to God the father and the Holy spirit, the term mother of God means that Mary gave birth to Jesus who is God.

as you have said of Mary "so Mary is the earthly mother of God the Son", God the son is God, Mary gave birth to him when he took flesh on earth.

so we are in agreement
Next time anyone tells me God is an uncaused uncaused, or however they put it, I'm quoting you!

God is Mary's son. She named him Jesus.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2018
budaatum:
No you never!
I haven't worn my "brown tweed chequered jacket" in ages.
Must have been the fourth me that you saw.
What would it take to make you believe I saw you.
You slung a black leather bag, possibly a laptop bag on your right shoulder and carried two nylon bags with your left hand.
One of the bags, looked like a Sainsbury bag, as it was orange in colour, the other was a blue bag.
You went by McDonald's approaching Lidl
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What would it take to make you believe I saw you.
You slung a black leather bag, possibly a laptop bag on your right shoulder and carried two nylon bags with your left hand.
One of the bags, looked like a Sainsbury bag, as it was orange in colour, the other was a blue bag.
You went by McDonald's approaching Lidl
The jacket is wrong. The two nylon bags is wrong. The "McDonald's approaching Lidl" is the wrong way round, and would be Aldi if it wasn't! And you missed out the most identifying bit!
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2018
budaatum:
The jacket is wrong. The two nylon bags is wrong.
The "McDonald's approaching Lidl" is the wrong way round, and would be Aldi if it wasn't!
And you missed out the most identifying bit!
Must have been your doppelganger.
How I wish, I shouted Buda!, like every fibre of my body was egging me on to.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by budaatum: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Must have been your doppelganger.
How I wish, I shouted Buda!, like every fibre of my body was egging me on to.
Definitely wasn't buda.
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
budaatum:

Definitely wasn't buda.
I hear you boss
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by blueAgent(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

All this Bible verses refer to Jesus as the Son of God and not God himself.

Updated :
March 16, 2011
"And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my
beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Matthew 3:17, KJV
"And there came a voice from heaven, saying,
Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well
pleased."
Mark 1:11, KJV
"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape
like a dove upon him, and a voice came from
heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in
thee I am well pleased."
Luke 3:22, KJV
"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud
overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of
the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in
whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."
Matthew 17:5, KJV
"And there was a cloud that overshadowed them:
and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is
my beloved Son: hear him."
Mark 9:7, KJV
"And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying,
This is my beloved Son: hear him."
Luke 9:35, KJV
"For he received from God the Father honour and
glory, when there came such a voice to him from
the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in
whom I am well pleased."
2 Peter 1:17, KJV
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in
him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to
condemn the world; but that the world through
him might be saved. He that believeth on him is
not condemned: but he that believeth not is
condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only begotten Son of
God."
John 3:16-18, KJV
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is
coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the
voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall
live."
John 5:25, KJV
"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified,
and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest;
because I said, I am the Son of God?"
John 10:36, KJV
"When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is
not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the
Son of God might be glorified thereby."
John 11:4, KJV
"And the angel answered and said unto her, The
Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power
of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore
also that holy thing which shall be born of thee
shall be called the Son of God."
Luke 1:35, KJV
"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him,
and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh
away the sin of the world . . . And I saw, and bare
record that this is the Son of God . . . And looking
upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the
Lamb of God!"
John 1:29, 34, 36, KJV
". . . Of a truth thou art the Son of God."
Matthew 14:33b, KJV
". . . Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living
God. And Jesus answered and said unto him,
Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and
blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my
Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 16:16b-17, KJV
"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the
Son of God;"
Mark 1:1, KJV
"Which was the son of Enos, which was the son
of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was
the son of God."
Luke 3:38, KJV
". . . Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the
King of Israel."
John 1:49b, KJV
". . . Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ,
the Son of God, which should come into the
world."
John 11:27b, KJV
"But these are written, that ye might believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that
believing ye might have life through his name."
John 20:31, KJV
"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of
God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God."
1 John 4:15, KJV
"Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that
believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? . . . He that
believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in
himself: he that believeth not God hath made him
a liar; because he believeth not the record that
God gave of his Son . . . He that hath the Son hath
life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not
life. These things have I written unto you that
believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye
may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye
may believe on the name of the Son of God . . .
And we know that the Son of God is come, and
hath given us an understanding, that we may
know him that is true, and we are in him that is
true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true
God, and eternal life."
1 John 5:5, 10, 12-13, 20, KJV
"Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and
when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost
thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and
said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on
him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both
seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And
he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him."
John 9:35-38, KJV
"Now when the centurion, and they that were with
him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and
those things that were done, they feared greatly,
saying, Truly this was the Son of God."
Matthew 27:54, KJV
"And when the centurion, which stood over
against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave
up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son
of God."
Mark 15:39, KJV
". . . I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
Acts 8:37b, KJV
"And straightway he preached Christ in the
synagogues, that he is the Son of God."
Acts 9:20, KJV
"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which
was made of the seed of David according to the
flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with
power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the
resurrection from the dead:"
Romans 1:3-4, KJV
"For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was
preached among you by us, even by me and
Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but
in him was yea."
2 Corinthians 1:19, KJV
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet
not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I
now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20, KJV
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of
the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect
man, unto the measure of the stature of the
fulness of Christ:"
Ephesians 4:13, KJV
"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that
is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God,
let us hold fast our profession."
Hebrews 4:14, KJV
"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto
repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the
Son of God afresh, and put him to an open
shame."
Hebrews 6:6, KJV
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye,
shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden
under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the
blood of the covenant, wherewith he was
sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done
despite unto the Spirit of grace?"
Hebrews 10:29, KJV
"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have
we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art
thou come hither to torment us before the time?"
Matthew 8:29, KJV
"And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell
down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the
Son of God."
Mark 3:11, KJV
"And devils also came out of many, crying out,
and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And
he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for
they knew that he was Christ."
Luke 4:41, KJV
"When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down
before him, and with a loud voice said, What
have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God
most high? I beseech thee, torment me not."
Luke 8:28, KJV
Return to King James Version Bible Verse Li
Re: Mary Is Not The Mother Of God by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
blueAgent:

You contracdict yourself you accept Pauls words and yet reject his teachings.
Paul never preached to people that Mary was mother of God nethier did he pray or worship Mary.
I accept both paul , his words and his teaching.

Gal 4:4 say God sent his son born of a woman, if the son of God is God and he is born of a woman, then she is his mother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / "Everything About President Buhari Is Deceptive And Selective" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.