Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out (55273 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Announces The Defection Of Ibrahim Shekarau From APC To NNPP / 2023: Give APC Another Chance, Lawan Begs Nigerians / Buhari Will Win In 2019 Election, Despite All The Defection – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
The senator representing Oyo South senatorial district, Soji Akanbi, has debunked claims that he defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Mr Akanbi, while addressing journalists shortly after plenary on Tuesday said he remains ”a bona fide member of the APC”.

Earlier at plenary, Mr Akanbi was mentioned among 14 senators, who indicated their intention of switching allegiance from the APC to the PDP.

Mr Akanbi said his name was wrongly included in the list.

“Initially today, my name was wrongly mentioned in the list of the people that defected to PDP. A point of order was raised. I was able to clear my name that I’ve never been part of defection from APC to PDP. I remain bona fide member of APC.”

He showed journalists the votes and proceedings of the day to confirm his name is not on the list.

“This is the votes and proceedings of Tuesday 24 July 2018 and my name is not listed on the list of defectors. I remain a bona fide, committed, unrepentant member of APC. I’m here to put the record to order.”

He added that his name might have been added to the list of defectors because of the crisis in Oyo APC.

“There is this rumour or speculation when you have ambition, declared or undeclared ambition that you are having crisis in your state with your governor. So, they assumed that having crisis with your governor, automatically (means) you’ll leave the party.

“I am using this medium to say once again that in Oyo State, I don’t have crisis with my governor,” he added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/277621-i-remain-in-apc-senator-included-among-defectors-says.html

lalasticlala

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
grin grin

Scattering Already?

Perhaps, Dino didn't do his homework well?

Imagine adding people's name without their consent..

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Firefire(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC dying already.... terrorist organization

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Beremx(f): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC and PDP should both go to hell!!

Ndi oshi!

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Tolexander: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
grin grin

Scattering Already?

See this confused fellow.

Look for Senator Soji Akanbi among the 15 defected Senators below;

Senators Dino Melaye; Tejuoso; Shaaba;
Gemade; Shittu; Rafiu; Shitu Ubali; Isa Misau;
Hunkuyi; Monsurat; Danbaba; Nafada; Nazif;
Kwankwaso and Senator Azeez Murtala Nyako.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by koboko69: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Some people are rejoicing too soon.
Most of the people that left had always been in the APC opposing the APC. They surely know they wont get a ticket under APC again.
Just wondering if those that have been in PDP, participated in PDP convention and used their resources for the PDP will sit and wait for decampees to snatch their tickets from them.
The game is far from over....its coming a little too late.
APC still stands a big chance.
Wait for primaries in PDP and see how everything will scatter.
The other day it was parties signing agreement with PDP which one by one they started to deny,
Its not even up to 6 hrs, one is already saying he is not part of the decampees. Lol

153 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
So it has come to the level of APC scrambling for 1 senator...

How the mighty has fallen..

We see Nigeria returning to its glorious days of 3rd fastest growing economy and the happiest people in the world once more, when the tyrants are shed in 6 months time..

2019 slogan should be "hope again"

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Akanapiaigwe: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
The senator representing Oyo South senatorial district, Soji Akanbi, has debunked claims that he defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Mr Akanbi, while addressing journalists shortly after plenary on Tuesday said he remains ”a bona fide member of the APC”.

Earlier at plenary, Mr Akanbi was mentioned among 14 senators, who indicated their intention of switching allegiance from the APC to the PDP.

“Initially today, my name was wrongly mentioned in the list of the people that defected to PDP. A point of order was raised. I was able to clear my name that I’ve never been part of defection from APC to PDP. I remain bona fide member of APC.”

He showed journalists the votes and proceedings of the day to confirm his name is not on the list.

“This is the votes and proceedings of Tuesday 24 July 2018 and my name is not listed on the list of defectors. I remain a bona fide, committed, unrepentant member of APC. I’m here to put the record to order.”

He added that his name might have been added to the list of defectors because of the crisis in Oyo APC.

“There is this rumour or speculation when you have ambition, declared or undeclared ambition that you are having crisis in your state with your governor. So, they assumed that having crisis with your governor, automatically (means) you’ll leave the party.

“I am using this medium to say once again that in Oyo State, I don’t have crisis with my governor,” he added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/277621-i-remain-in-apc-senator-included-among-defectors-says.html

lalasticlala
[/s]
switching monikers won't save you mr ngeneukwenu
Hehehehehehe grin
e dey pepper for body cheesy

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Kylekent59: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
What could be the reason for their defections?

The new party now is ADC "Africa democratic congress".

You football fans, have you heard the latest; Inter Milan eye move for Lionel Messi to rival C Ronaldo at Juventus .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by nabegibeg: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

lalasticlala

Story for the gods

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Sirpaul(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
na wa ooooo

4 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by abc115: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Akanapiaigwe:
[s][/s]
switching monikers won't save you mr ngeneukwenu
Hehehehehehe grin
e dey pepper for body cheesy

Who is this? Bloodykiller? Where is Fayose and Governor Eleka?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Fesomu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
When majority of defectors are from the north, PDP has nothing to celebrate... Buhari is a movement over there na... you need people to defect in southwest...

27 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Abioye92(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
what's my business, your problem

2 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Pojomojo: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC remains in firm control of 25 states of the 36 states of the federation and maintains a clear majority in the federal House of Representatives and state assemblies —- Femi Gbajabiamila
Nigeria House Of Representatives Members. Party by Party.
APC ——————-151 members.
PDP ——————-189 members (Majority)
ADP ———————13 members
APGA ——————-5 members.
Others —————— 2 vacant.

PDP is now the majority party in the Both the Senate and House of Assembly

15 senators defected

Adjourned plenary for 2 months so the effects of the defection can simmer properly.

Master stroke.

You have to admire Saraki

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by oooduancalmdown: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
See as Ibos dey rejoice. After Buhari win next year's election, Ibos will remember Nigeria is a Zoo and go back to their Biafra agitation.
How come every IPOB and other Biafran agitators hate Buhari( or APC) but love Jonathan( or PDP)?
I have never seen or heard of one that Hate Jonathan or love Buhari.
Something is wrong somewhere

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by adioolayi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
His village people don warn am lol

1 Like

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by emalek86(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
they don lay siege for this one house mind cut am. all this one na the real lazy Nigeria senators

4 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by mynaijadj(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC=PDP=Power Crazed Vultures

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Ay2win17(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Renmoney loan application for up to #4,000,000.00 without collateral, guarantor or leaving the comfort of your office.#Taking you further #same day disbursement.Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Lomprico2: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
My muslim afonja facebook friends who are in d 'ardent apc supporters club' fighting each other concerning buhari's blunder against saraki n d resulting defection!

Lwkm here! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by maestroferddi: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
This damage control is dead on arrival.

It typifies the idiomatic expression: "locking/shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted".

It is futile, bland and gratuitous.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by jjjjj2017: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
useless frog eye nonentity who gave order policemen to beat up APC members who tried to embraced him at local meeting in ibadan saying one of the admirer fingernail hurt his hand. stupid man

1 Like

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by iammo(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
grin grin

Scattering Already?

Perhaps, Dino didn't do homework well?

And so? Who gives a damn about any individual, we are concerned about Nigerian democracy under Buhari, and he would surely get the Jonathan treatment and you praise singers would desert him to his fate. Buhari just submitted suplimentary budget and estimates for the 2019 general election, a figure inflated from from N84b(2014) to N254b (2019) do you honestly think such fund would be approved by a house under the control of same Saraki, knowing fully well APC would try to buy votes

4 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Jorussia(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
grin
Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by naijapips04: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
grin Consolation. That fools name was never mentioned. See the full list.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Lomprico2: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
mynaijadj:
APC=PDP=Power Crazed Vultures

You dint say this 2weeks ago o! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by danysi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Like or not like Apc will sweeps 2019 election by God grace

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by bentlywills(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Lol this one no get morale

1 Like

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by ifymadu: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
I’m not surprised, a typical afonja. Neither here nor there.

5 Likes

Re: I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out by Mayany(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
15-1= Inconsequential grin Ngene try harder

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe In Anambra For His Mother-In-Law's Burial (Pictures) / Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me / Idris Usman Claims To Be Buhari's Stepbrother, Presidency Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.